Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
Best pasta place? Corso 32. Downtown on jasper, they do two feedings a day. Make sure you have a reservation. Get the fried cheese and leek appetizer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Creepy post:

That U of A guy that posts here that beats up his pickups... Is this you ?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There's some interesting poo poo at tomorrow's auction, but i can't make it happen this time :(

http://details.maauctions.com/AutolistingYYC_Detail?Link=27/7/2018%5E90900240908044a98512495a720f2dc2

6 speed manual V50 wagon

http://details.maauctions.com/AutolistingYYC_Detail?Link=27/7/2018%5E128dd83745434ca8ab73e375a79afd9f

6-speed manual V8 Audi S4 Avant

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Anyone want an E36 328is for the drivetrain? My dad is looking to get rid of his fast

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I think someone here* needs to buy this $8K**
E31 and report back

*=not me
**=offer him $6

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/final-reduction-1991-bmw-e31-850i-with-only-132-000km/1372855648?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Only registered members can see post attachments!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Whelp
:supaburn:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Hope you have a basement, you poor bastard. It's only gonna be 36°C here.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I do indeed, but more importantly AC.

I do like the heat though, so I'm kind of weird. I just like being able to get out of it when I want. As long as I can do that, it can be hot as hell.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm the same way but 39 might be pushing the limits of what I'd find comfortable

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I was sweating to death at 26 the other day :negative:

It's still a hard decision to leave the car in the garage. Now that i moved the seat ~6 inches back and 3-4 inches down, it's almost perfect. The rear view covers the whole back window, i can shoulder check through the opera windows. It's wonderful. The steering wheel is a little far away for comfort. I was going to check if it's pressed on or has a castle nut, in which case i could rig up an extension by drilling a couple holes in some ready rod. Just a shame the A/C has eaten it, and the vinyl roof could possibly be the hottest item on the planet at any given moment.

Also saw this for sale locally.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/red-deer/1979-lincoln-collectors-series/1373089153?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

powder blue with a navy blue interior, it's so pretty

Powershift fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 6, 2018

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I mean, I know our '88 is a little small for you, but you should buy it anyway. And by buy it, I mean come on by and it's yours.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I appreciate the offer, but i think i've got too many tire fires on the go.

I ordered 2400 packing airbags with ford/lincoln parts interspersed within the package from rockauto. I'm going to hate myself when it's -30 in mid september and "should" turns to "must"

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
32 degrees in Alberta is worse than 42 degrees in las Vegas. Although 42 in las Vegas gave me nose bleeds somehow. Merritt/Kamloops does the same thing.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

jonathan posted:

32 degrees in Alberta is worse than 42 degrees in las Vegas. Although 42 in las Vegas gave me nose bleeds somehow. Merritt/Kamloops does the same thing.

Speaking of nosebleeds...

holy gently caress, i think BC is trying to turn us all into jerky.

We've got a heat warning, and an air quality special statement, now all we need is a severe thunderstorm watch and we've got the Alberta summer trifecta.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Yeah i was feeling the smoke after my ride today. Camping at chinook lake at crowsnest pass and doing some mountain biking. Took a swim and am drinking in front of a fire.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Fox Creek area is smoky as gently caress. Grande Prairie is about half as bad, but I had ash on my windshield when I went to work this morning.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Strenuous exercise in the smoke sucks. It's actually not that bad down here but didn't want to open the windows last night :(

I'm a little surprised you can have campfires still, would have thought firebans would have been in place but drinking and eating by the fire is the best part of camping so glad you could!

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

slidebite posted:

Strenuous exercise in the smoke sucks. It's actually not that bad down here but didn't want to open the windows last night :(

I'm a little surprised you can have campfires still, would have thought firebans would have been in place but drinking and eating by the fire is the best part of camping so glad you could!

Jealous. Our area of Ontario has been under a fire-ban since early July.
I just want to roast some weenies and marshmallows :(

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

slidebite posted:

Yeah went out today in the heat for like 4 hours, it was rough at the end when I ran out of water, but luckily it was mostly downhill at that point. Felt much better after a gatorade and slurpee and lunch.

Also surprised by the lack of a fire ban. I watched a helicopter dump a bucket on a grass fire next to the highway today. Although up in the forest everything if still pretty green.

Headed back to lethbridge tomorrow so I'd better drink the rest of this beer and burn the rest of the firewood.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Speaking of heat does anybody know if re-coring radiators is still a thing and what the going rate is? I'm fighting a losing battle with my kart radiator and I'm pretty close to throwing in the towel and paying $400 for a new one

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

And Halloween poo poo is already out at costco

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Co-op has had their halloween candy out for a drat month now.

1500quidporsche posted:

Speaking of heat does anybody know if re-coring radiators is still a thing and what the going rate is? I'm fighting a losing battle with my kart radiator and I'm pretty close to throwing in the towel and paying $400 for a new one

Shop rate for pretty much anything is $80-$120 an hour now. That makes fixing almost anything a losing proposition.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Whelp

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That's brutal. It looks like we topped out at 35 here, headed for a high of 14*C on sunday.

I'm camped out in the basement with the A/C on full blast and a fridge full of beer. Unless there's a fire, i ain't leaving

e: it's hotter in lethbridge than it is in las vegas

Powershift fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 10, 2018

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I was actually on my way back from medicine hat and had to roll my window down on the highway and it was like the world's largest hair blower was blowing in the truck.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I spent all weekend in a blacksmith shop (including all day Friday).

It was a great relief when Saturday and Sunday turned cooler.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Yeah, we post a lot when the weather sucks, but holy hell is it beautiful out there today. Looks like we have a whole week of it ahead, too.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Yeah, yesterday was a little breezy but the evening was stunning. 23c and not a breath of wind.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

Yeah, we post a lot when the weather sucks, but holy hell is it beautiful out there today. Looks like we have a whole week of it ahead, too.

Whats the scoop on smoke from all the new fires in BC, though?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Phy posted:

Whats the scoop on smoke from all the new fires in BC, though?

It's gone here. Looks like it's all being blown up north.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Same here, today was pretty much smoke free down south, for the first time in many, many days.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm putting my V-strom 650 up for sale, link to my kijiji post is in the Sell Your Crap thread in CA

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

lovely. How come?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Cause I got a ZRX1100 :haw:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Team green! One of us! One of us!

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
All the smoke is coming through GP now. Decent wind. We had a good rain a few days ago and it cleaned up the air but now it's poo poo again.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Anyone want to buy my Wildcat 1000x ?

450km, never been in a mud pit, only driven 1/2 dozen times

96hp and 18" suspension travel

Stock except 1/2 windshield and underhood winch kit.

$12,000

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I was a little interested at first but soon realized it wasn't a Buick :(

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

slidebite posted:

I was a little interested at first but soon realized it wasn't a Buick :(

Haha yeah, I had Kijiji ad notifications turned on for specific ad phrases. "Wildcat parts" was one of them

And people would post their Buick parts in the atv section all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

jonathan posted:

Anyone want to buy my Wildcat 1000x ?

450km, never been in a mud pit, only driven 1/2 dozen times

96hp and 18" suspension travel

Stock except 1/2 windshield and underhood winch kit.

$12,000

Goddamnit man, that's a hell of a price. If I hadn't just bought a SxS, and wasn't a few provinces away, I'd be all over that.