Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Only two chapters right now but here's a new dad BL: Mote Papa to Dakaretai Junjou Koushi
The description on there doesn't really tell you much -- a gay college student hooks up with an older guy he met online for a one night stand, and gets rejected when he suggests they make it more than that. He's working at a cram school and happens to meet the father of one of his students and turns out it's his hook-up. What makes this one fun so far is the son is taking a very active role in trying to get his dad a boyfriend so he keeps inviting his sensei over and encouraging him :3: The dad is also openly bi and not in the tropey "yaoi bi" way so that was also nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Wait, was that the end of T-sensei?

:(

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
There are 7 volumes

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Oh, good. Mangadex says completed, so I got real sad there for a minute.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Weird. The manga itself is actually complete but there should be like 5 more volumes to translate.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
"Publication status" is whether the manga is ongoing/finished/cancelled in Japan, not anything to do with the scans. You'll know when something has ended on Mangadex because the last chapter is tagged with "END."

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Also, I know its on CR so it's harder to share and update the thread on but Sweetness and Lightning has had a couple updates in the past month or so, and they have been super cute.

I really like how Amagakure has been handling the progression in it and how the relationships have developed.
It's pure :kimchi: in art form.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Lemon-Lime posted:

"Publication status" is whether the manga is ongoing/finished/cancelled in Japan, not anything to do with the scans. You'll know when something has ended on Mangadex because the last chapter is tagged with "END."

Ah, sweet. Ty.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got behind and now i'm either going to have to buy the books (something I was kinda wanting to do anyway) or read scans to get back to the point I can read fresh chapters again :negative:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new Somali plus a bonus chapter.
Every single chapter from now on is going to deserve a :ohdear: isnt it? Well, besides the bonus chapter thankfully.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
You know Somali will live, but it's how much she'll lose of her father that's going to hurt more. Remember how she panicked when his chassis fell off on the one arm

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
New Married Life.
Us:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:3:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
My Daughter is an S Rank Adventurer continues to be very good
https://mangadex.org/chapter/420283

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
So about a month per chapter, alright. I'm happy it's getting translated, it's fun so far. :3:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

I'm glad the dad continues the legacy of watching other people's kids. I also wonder how infamous his name will become now that we know his daughter brags on him? I'd like to see some father/daughter bonding while adventuring. Let him live the life he still pines for.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Brought To You By posted:

I also wonder how infamous his name will become now that we know his daughter brags on him?

I semi-expect at least one gunslinger-type situation, where rogues and brigands start showing up to kick the rear end of the vaunted "Red Demon" Belgrieve to cement their reps.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
yeah this seems like a thing that's going to backfire pretty spectacularly and she'll probably be completely oblivious to it since something will always come up to prevent her from going home to find out lol

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new Dungeon Nursery
There comes a time in every father's life where his adopted frog son hits his final evolution and must fight his dad in mortal combat.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Someone was like, "Zep, the Dad Manga Thread is dying without you, it needs a dose of your charm to revitalize it, please post in it."

So I'm here to say that Sweetness & Lightning has apparently ended.

Last chapter can currently be found on Comixology.

https://www.comixology.com/Sweetnes...XN1bHRzU2xpZGVy

Dunno when Crunchyroll will have it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
ty zep

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
!!
:cry:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
It's out on CR now.
It's very good and I'm a little teary, I'm sad it's done but I think it was a good ending and am looking forward to the Amagakure's next work :)

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

am looking forward to the Amagakure's next work :)

good news, it'll probably be BL :getin:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
That can be hit or miss for me, so hopefully it'll be one I like :shobon:
I do like Amagakure as a mangaka, so we shall see!

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

This Peerless Dad has been good and fun so far and seems to belong here.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
This is adorable. I can't wait to see him keep going through these ridiculous situations and shrug it off to go be adorable with his kids. :allears:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Blinks77 posted:

lol this one is good

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Heterogenia Linguistico probably doesn't belong here, since it's primarily about how languages and communication would work in a fantasy world filled with intelligent creatures that don't share our vocal chords or sensory systems, but I will post it anyways since it has a professor being friends with a teensy fluffins.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Blinks77 posted:

It is, it's one of my Tuesday webtoons on Daum.

Fun fact, it was on break this week because the author wanted to take some time off for his two kids cause it's summer vacation for them in, uh, kindergarten or preschool, not sure which.

Question though, how's the translation? I chanced on a reddit post about it and people were talking about the MC's martial arts master and referring to him as the MC's dad for some reason, which I don't ever recall seeing in the manga.

Seems like they took the 부 (父) in 사부 (師父) literally.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
The translation seemed fine; competent with almost no typos, good grammar and there's no confusing word bubbles that suddenly don't make any sense. It does start with "My father and mentor..." as the first line, and when talking about training in the first chapter he does talk about his father being his teacher. That's kind of changed a little; when he was asked about his school he only thinks teacher and not father.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's reassuring to hear. I'm glad.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Explosions posted:

Heterogenia Linguistico probably doesn't belong here, since it's primarily about how languages and communication would work in a fantasy world filled with intelligent creatures that don't share our vocal chords or sensory systems, but I will post it anyways since it has a professor being friends with a teensy fluffins.

Well, there ARE dads involved. :waves hands:

Also, this manga is so much my jam that I could make sandwiches out of it. Thanks for posting it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
New Hyakunichikan!! chapter is v cute :3
https://mangadex.org/chapter/427688

also Peerless Dad 15 & 16 will be up soon or you can go read them elsewhere
https://mangadex.org/manga/29130/peerless-dad

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mirage posted:

Well, there ARE dads involved. :waves hands:

Also, this manga is so much my jam that I could make sandwiches out of it. Thanks for posting it.

I'm digging the anthropological approach to interacting with these creatures. Gives a fresh spin on some old ideas like slimes.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Everything Burrito posted:

i checked out a review from the novelupdates page this manga's based on

quote:

The characters are likable and not entirely flat, the writing seems reasonably sophisticated (though my judgment is limited by MTL), and the incest vibe is somewhat tamer than I expected (I consider that good thing). Daughter and father meet quite a crew of somewhat fleshed out characters and there's plenty of friendships, mofufu moments, and betrayals to make the plot and characters move and, depending on your POV, maybe even develop a little.

Dad Manga Thread: The incest vibe is somewhat tamer than I expected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
omg :cripes:

hopefully that review is more a reflection on the reviewer that they felt the need to even say that, than an indication that there is even an "incest vibe" in the story at all