Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Murray Mantoinette posted:

Lol this owns. I had no idea but it makes perfect sense now that you say it bulma sounds like the Japanese pronunciation of "bloomers" those boy-cut panties. Ginyu sounds like "gyunyuu" == 'milk'vegeta sounds like vegetable :greenangel:

Also to say Saiyan in Japanese is Saiyajin. Or Saiya people. Flip the syllables around and you get Yasai, which is the Japanese word for vegetable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

My favorite Japanese-English crossover pun that I think beats all that I've seen is from Dynaman, where the bad guys (mad scientists who monkey with genetics and gene splicing) are called Jashinka, which is a portmanteau of jashin ("evil") and shinka ("evolution"). Which translates into English as ... Evilution.

That's the kind of fortuitousness that only comes about like once per language

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Murray Mantoinette posted:

Lol this owns. I had no idea but it makes perfect sense now that you say it bulma sounds like the Japanese pronunciation of "bloomers" those boy-cut panties. Ginyu sounds like "gyunyuu" == 'milk'vegeta sounds like vegetable :greenangel:

Ohhh that's why one of ginyu's moves is called "milky cannon" which apparently sounded totally fine for translators.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

This must have got deleted. Anyone have a screenshot?

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/prettybadlefty/status/969341599086936065?lang=en

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Fuckin loving the syllabic cadence of this tweet

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
speaking of eating from the trash can of ideology

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/PrettyBadLefty/status/969383557939462144

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'll debate Zizek. I even do a lot of Adderall while I have a sinus infection so it's an even playing field.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

dan harmon lookin' ... well pretty much exactly the same

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Dungeon Ecology posted:

dan harmon lookin' ... well pretty much exactly the same

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

William Tokarsky really does have a good acting range.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Spanish Manlove posted:

Ohhh that's why one of ginyu's moves is called "milky cannon" which apparently sounded totally fine for translators.

Also the squad is Butter, Yogurt, Cheese and Cream

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

the unsolvable captcha

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

zizek is what you get if harmon was born in eastern europe, and vice versa

they both rant nearly the same

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

canyoneer posted:

the unsolvable captcha

When we are ruled by AI our only hope is two men who look identical when their beards are grown out

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Calaveron posted:

Also the squad is Butter, Yogurt, Cheese and Cream

i have never watched any of the dragon balls and i gotta say from this recent chain of posts it sounds DUMB AS HELL

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

i have never watched any of the dragon balls and i gotta say from this recent chain of posts it sounds DUMB AS HELL

Well, it's animé, so...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

When we are ruled by AI our only hope is two men who look identical when their beards are grown out

Throw dan harmon in there as a wild card.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

It’s dumber than that and also completely loving awesome

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
Buttlord GT's a meme, right?

https://imgur.com/gallery/9Xvvj

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

Also the main character is an alien from the aforementioned vegetable pun race and some of those people's names are Carrot, Vegetable, radish, cabbage, broccoli etc

And the most powerful fighter the main character ever fought was named range as in stove

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

ThaGhettoJew posted:

And of course the classic-

That is way too many cops. There have never been that many cops. Is this from... the future??

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Comptroll The Forums posted:

That is way too many cops. There have never been that many cops. Is this from... the future??

Utopic fiction

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Detective No. 27 posted:

This must have got deleted. Anyone have a screenshot?

no screenshot, but it was a da share z0ne meme saying good riddance to Henry Kissinger currently still alive

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

:discourse: posted:

it was a da share z0ne

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

axolotl farmer posted:

whatever you say, Spider Spaceman :allears:

Thanks for the new phone background!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I thought Paul Sr. is supposed to be right in these. :confused:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He's 100% right, though maybe not about black coffee per se.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Who is this Peterson chap and what's his connection to the Slovenian raccoon

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
We talkin about Jordon Petersen? Canada's worst export?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

More precisely, he likes the flavour of creamer instead of the flavour of charcoal (which is what American coffee tastes like because the American consumer falsely equates darker colour i.e. longer roasting time for stronger and more flavourful coffee). Were he a person true to himself he'd just happily drink a bunch of creamer.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I'll drink half and half sometimes the twice a year I eat cookies/cake/other pastries.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I smirk knowingly when I see someone drink the wrong kind of coffee, as I eat my saignant steak and ketchupless hot dog.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Lol if you drink coffee or caffein at all

Big Caffeine got to you too

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

More precisely, he likes the flavour of creamer instead of the flavour of charcoal (which is what American coffee tastes like because the American consumer falsely equates darker colour i.e. longer roasting time for stronger and more flavourful coffee). Were he a person true to himself he'd just happily drink a bunch of creamer.

yeah what americans just dont understand is that the only drinkable coffee comes from south american monkey poop.
*rolls away on penny farthing*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Blind Sally posted:

We talkin about Jordon Petersen? Canada's worst export?

*ahem* Pleeeeeeeease staaaay, foreeeeeeeeeeever this way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jokes aside is there some place that's made some kind of coherent breakdown of what JP has said that wrong/incorrect, made by some sensible person? I've tried looking this up but it's extremely painful, since as soon as this topic comes up everyone seems to turn into a frothing maniac incapable of using fact, so the debate gets polarized as gently caress in a hurry. There's just so many "nazi" and "libtard" per minute I can take before my eyes glaze over.

Like his university classes on youtube seem correct and understandable enough? (Caveat: I know jack poo poo about these things lol) Anything that's been edited down for size seems to be a surefire injection of polarizing hurf durf hate bait, like idk if it's less than 20min and JO is in it, click to become angry.

E: lol that typo stays.