Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Oh it doesn't work even though my android is 5.1.1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

rannum posted:

I wanted both and got pity broken by Amelia & Sonya (& Morgan-F) after getting to ~4% twice.
I had to throw in the towel.

I'd personally love it if new unit banners meant you couldn't roll other 5* units....I just got my third -atk pity breaker Innes of my whole career of rolling for new colourless units. No Maribelle for me :(

Eltaggerung
Oct 29, 2011

Shigure how could you...so many of my heroes eaten. Just look at his eyes! his hunger is insatiable!

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
drat i got beaten to the 5*+10 shigure punch

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

stats for dancers:

all pretty much what I expected

I think Micaiah's who I'm most interested in (if!!! I pull). With Atk+3 from her tome and that attack stat, give her death blow and she'll be really useful in arena assault against armours.

Metis of the Chat Thread fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 9, 2018

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Between the three daggers, Xander is likely the most useful on raw stats alone. You take a big penalty on SPD compared to Saizo in exchange for ATK, but he's decently bulky (as far as a ranged dancer can be) for physical warfare.

Ryoma and Elincia are pretty similar (mostly coming down to colour), but I'd probably lean towards Ryoma for the better dragonkilling potential.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
That's one min-maxed Micky

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Tired Moritz posted:

That's one min-maxed Micky
Micaiah is like that D&D wizard player.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Micaiah being slow as poo poo but hits big is appropriate.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Man, RIP Anna.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Man I thought those were the next arena bonus units and was going to get ready to make a +7 masked Marth

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

RIP Marisa, too.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Yep, that sure is six swords and two lances.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

That’s just a TT order thing since we are getting the units from the first six TTs

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don’t mind getting a merge on BK and a free close defense

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Yeah I hope this becomes a tradition so we get a repeat maybe every six months. That would be NYCorrin, Marisa, Finn, Marth, Canas... wow that's already almost enough for another of these.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Also lol at not including anna in the bonus units list even when she would be the only green unit

Andrast fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Aug 9, 2018

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

Man, RIP Anna.
So, it's confirmed that there are no new sacred seals this time?

Gluten Freeman posted:

Yeah I hope this becomes a tradition so we get a repeat maybe every six months. That would be NYCorrin, Marisa, Finn, Marth, Canas... wow that's already almost enough for another of these.
Gerome makes 6 from this year's selections as well.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

BK/Sharena/Joshua/rando healer TT team isn’t exactly filling me with confidence, I doubt they can auto lunatic 5

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

AradoBalanga posted:

So, it's confirmed that there are no new sacred seals this time?

Gerome makes 6 from this year's selections as well.

Knew I was forgetting someone. And yeah, no seals.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Man I thought those were the next arena bonus units and was going to get ready to make a +7 masked Marth

The next arena bonus units are pretty good for me.

I have a fully built Arvis, Frederick, and L!Lucina.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

golden bubble posted:

I guess I’m left with Frederick. He’s pretty good at his designated task of armor smashing so I don’t mind.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

golden bubble posted:

I also have a fully built Arvis. Still need to find a better A slot skill than Darting Blow (that's also a skill not named Fury), however.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Also I hate having to use refining stones on useless stuff just to get dew.

IS should just let us refine brave weapons and raven tomes already. They aren’t even that good anymore.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

let me spend 300 refining stones to powercreep an old unit to the current BST standard

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Andrast posted:

let me spend 300 refining stones to powercreep an old unit to the current BST standard

they'll add that when the third generation of BST shows up

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

they'll add that when the third generation of BST shows up

At least I’ll have something to spend stones on!

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

New update notification:

Great Summoner
Askr refines
"Grounds"(squad assault, but for Blessed Gardens)
Different skill sets FINALLY
Ability to select different skill sets for different teams
Multiple favorite marks for the same hero
More teams
Speed in tap battle can be increased, hm/sp/ally support/etc for the rival domains style modes
Some other miscellany

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Man, RIP Anna.
Why do you hate my waifu, IS?

golden bubble posted:

Man, that would have been a painful couple of seasons if I didn't luckshit my way into a +1 L!Lucina. Still, I'm pretty happy I now have an excuse to stuff-around with Future Vision for a while.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

In case people forgot what the refines for the Askr trio are:

--Alfonse: dumps Defiant Attack for the much better Brazen ATK/DEF. Unique refine adds in Triangle Adept to make him more of a heavy hitting red unit, and stand out a bit more from the rest of the red sword crowd.

--Sharena: jettisons Threaten Attack for the "Neutralize buffs during combat" effect from the Love Abounds weapons, making her a good check against not only Blade and Owl tomes, but also Horse/Armor/Flier Emblem teams. Unique refine adds in SPD/DEF Bond. Probably the best refine of the bunch overall in terms of usefulness.

--Anna: Escape Route gets bumped up to level 3 (at or less than 50% HP means she can zip over to any ally unit), while the unique refine adds in Fujin Yumi's unique refine (at or above 50% HP, Anna can move next to an ally within 2 spaces). Decent if you want to do shenanigans or clear maps faster, but mediocre in the long run.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
buffs during combats? so spur/drives instead of blue buffs?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I find it hilarious that Alfonse gets a Triangle Adept refinement just before the new dumbshit format that expects your bonus unit to solo a map

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

I find it hilarious that Alfonse gets a Triangle Adept refinement just before the new dumbshit format that expects your bonus unit to solo a map

I doubt most people will go to those lengths just for arena score

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

AradoBalanga posted:

--Anna: Escape Route gets bumped up to level 3 (at or less than 50% HP means she can zip over to any ally unit), while the unique refine adds in Fujin Yumi's unique refine (at or above 50% HP, Anna can move next to an ally within 2 spaces). Decent if you want to do shenanigans or clear maps faster, but mediocre in the long run.
It's tragic that a speed refine is more optimal than her unique refine. At least Escape Route is easier to activate now.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

blizzardvizard posted:

How many bonus units can fight a full team with just neutral triangle matchups? Most of them struggle to do more than a single fight with WTD, unless you have a healer in your arena core.

AradoBalanga posted:

Anna's refine would be good on a unit with merges and IVs. But units need an in-combat refine to take on foes with a +10 merge advantage.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

golden bubble posted:

How many bonus units can fight a full team with just neutral triangle matchups? Most of them struggle to do more than a single fight with WTD, unless you have a healer in your arena core.

You have grasped the essence of how stupid the new arena system is

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
you're not supposed to solo the arena with the bonus unit

you're just supposed to try to do better than the other people in your score bracket

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

blizzardvizard posted:

You have grasped the essence of how stupid the new arena system is

It's an impossible request meant to separate the superwhales from the hyperwhales. Normal players should just take their WTA bonus kills and not worry about silly things like trying to kill SYTiki with Anna.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
big fan of the skills challenge that just...forgot that refined weapons have a hp bonus, rendering it impossible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ungulateman posted:

big fan of the skills challenge that just...forgot that refined weapons have a hp bonus, rendering it impossible

wait it's actually impossible I'm not just too dumb for it