Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

more like pushing42

also, post your dirt on tyler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Good to see Vertisce is still riding that "everyone I dont like is a goon" meltdown. I saw someone with a very similar name in the goon eve twitch channel watching the big spacefight last week. He was busy repeatedly castigating goons for being terrible people. When I asked him if he was that weirdo star citizen cultist he shut up though, whereas Vertisce loves to loving write paragraphs about the topic. Still, it'd be funny if he got his rear end kicked in eve so badly that he developed a complex.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

G0RF posted:

Man, Sandi’s really pushing it. While Chris still has ample goodwill reserves with a lot of the community, I think the majority still paying attention see her for what she’s always been — the boss’s hopelessly disinterested and disengaged wife.

You can safely criticize “CIG Marketing” on the subreddit to high karma gilded posts these days. They’re already pissed off at all the unforced errors and self-owns that ultimately get filed under “Marketing blunders.” If they knew that Sandi wasn’t even making most of those calls (Referral Program and Star Kitten aside), they’d be even more pissed off.

“The Perception” is such a big middle finger to all of them. She was shooting it while Chris, Erin and Co pulled together CitCon 2017’s marketing presentation as they almost always do without her these days.

She flew almost straight from the movie set to Germany (surely business class, natch, “the fans will never know and she deserved to be comfortable”, blah blah) then hit the stage and had the balls to tell them she was working until the very last minute but just couldn’t miss the chance to be with the ones she worked so hard for...

It’s all right there in the open. She’s not just not working for them, she’s double dipping and letting her husband and brother in law carry her load, then showing up to revel in the spotlight and credit hog because that’s all she really cares about. The fans aren’t really the spotlight she’s aiming for —“Queen of the Space Nerds” ain’t a glamorous enough narrative and games are for losers, now and forever. But the bulbs keep burning out on the Hollywood spotlight she keeps trying to stand in. So it’ll have to do until her real star is born.

(I know the Agent knows all this, btw — just writing it for the lurkers...)

I stand with standi

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I tickle with Mae

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

That's one hell of a persecution complex he has.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Agony Aunt posted:

That's one hell of a persecution complex he has.

It's probably the most attention he gets in his day to day.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Surely if the game is anticipated as much as what is claimed by the cultists, then brigading by a dead, gay comedy forum wouldn't do poo poo? There's like 200 people that read this sub? All those million plus people just frothing at the mouth for information on the thing that is going to be taking up all their free time for the next 10 years would entirely nullify any attempt to up vote FUD?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Wanted By Weed posted:

I actually wanted to know how you sit there (which is on me for not being clear) but I think I answered my own question at this point. Presumably the chair is just out of frame.
is

Yes. The whole setup is pretty much so that I can just roll in my regular-rear end office chair and start plowing into the ground at (virtually) high speed, and when that's done, one screw detaches the stick and gets it out of my way so I can sit and work unobstructed.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Owns. My thanks!

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

also, post your dirt on tyler.

That information is classified due to its potential to reveal GOONINT sources and methods.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

It's too hot here, taxxes are dying.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Recently a few people have voiced their concerns about the removal of the player gold cap that came with the release of World of Warcraft Alpha 3.2. This was done to help smooth over the transition to an in-game economy and to give people that had purchased game items through the now-defunct Real Money Auction House web store the ability to ‘melt’ their items into gold, so they can repurchase new items in-game. As we are going to be rebalancing the pricing and economy as we expand the game, and as we currently reset everyone’s accounts when we release a new patch, we felt it would be unfair to force people to keep items they may have bought at a radically different price. This would have happened if we’d kept the overall hard cap on gold as many players had amassed a lot more than 150,000 gold worth of items. We still limit the maximum purchasing to 25,000 gold a day, but we felt that removing the cap was the right call, especially as with every persistent database reset we need to refund players the gold they have purchased with money and used to buy in-game items. It’s one thing to lose an item due to gameplay, but it’s a complete other thing to have your game account forcibly reset with each new patch, losing all the items you paid actual money for.

Putting aside the puzzle of why some people don’t have a problem with stockpiling epic items or legendaries but a player having more than 150,000 gold is game breaking, I think it may be useful to revisit World of Warcraft's economic model.

Developing and operating a game of World of Warcraft's ambition is expensive. From day one of the campaign we’ve been quite clear on the economic model for World of Warcraft, which is to not require a subscription like many MMOs, but instead rely on sales of initial game packages and in-game gold to fund development and online running costs. To ensure money isn’t a deciding factor in progression, the core principle that the game follows is that everything you can obtain with real money, outside of your initial game package, can also be earned in game via normal and fun gameplay. There will also be plenty of things that can only be earned by playing.

There are two types of resource players have that they can contribute to World of Warcraft to make it better: time and money. A player that has lots of time but only backed for the basic game helps out by playing the game, giving feedback, and assisting new players. On the flip side, if a player has a family and a demanding job and only has four hours to game a week but wants to spend some money to shortcut the time investment they would need to purchase an epic item, what’s wrong with that? They are helping fund the ongoing development and running costs of the game, which benefits everyone. The exact same epic item can be earned through 40-man raids without having to spend any money and the backer that has plenty of time is likely to be better at PvE and PvP gameplay after playing more hours to earn the item. I don’t want to penalize either type of backer; I want them both to have fun. People should not feel disadvantaged because they don’t have time to raid, nor should they feel disadvantaged if they don’t have money. I want our tent to be large and encompass all types of players with varied skill sets, time, and money.

This was the economic approach I proposed out when I first pitched World of Warcraft because it is the model as a player I prefer. I don’t like to have to pay a subscription just to play and I hate when things are deliberately locked behind a challenging raid, but as someone that doesn’t have twenty hours a week to dedicate to building up my character or possessions, I appreciate the option to get a head start if I’m willing to pay a little extra.

Some people are worried that they will be disadvantaged when the game starts for ‘real’ compared to players that have stockpiled epic and legendary items. This has been a debate on the forums since the project started, but this is not a concern for me as I know what the game will be and I know how we’re designing it.

There will always be some players that have more than others, regardless of whether they’ve spent more or played more, because people start at different times and play at different paces. This is the nature of persistent MMOs. World of Warcraft isn’t some race to the top; it’s not like Highlander where “There can only be one!” It is an open-ended Persistent Fantasy Sandbox that doesn’t have an end game or a specific win-state. We are building it to cater to players of all skill levels, that prefer PvE or PvP, that like to play solo or in a group or a large organization, that want to pursue various professions, some peaceful and some combat orientated. This is the core philosophy of World of Warcraft; there isn’t one path, nor is there one way to have fun.

This may be a foreign concept to gamers as the majority of games are about winning and losing, but World of Warcraft isn’t a normal game. It’s a Third Person Universe that allows you to live a virtual life in a compelling fantasy setting. You win by having fun, and fun is different things to different people.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I wrote that with vanilla WoW economy in mind, I have no idea what it's like now. I want people to try and think what WoW would be like if you could buy Sulfuras on day 1 with real money.

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

hahahaha

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Baxta posted:

hahahaha

Kazan, he never scored.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Owns.

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I wrote that with vanilla WoW economy in mind, I have no idea what it's like now. I want people to try and think what WoW would be like if you could buy Sulfuras on day 1 with real money.

They see me pledgin'
They hatin'
- Trolling they tryin' to catch me rich and nerdy
Tryin' to catch me rich and nerdy
My ship so big
I'm testin'
They hopin that they're gonna catch me rich and nerdy

Credits to Weird Al for the original hip-hop version.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I don't think wow would still exist

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Baxta posted:

hahahaha
fuckin lol. star citizens are experts in everything it seems, even in having small dicks

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
yea man mathematically I don't have a small dick, I've taken several courses on the physics and dimensions of human genitalia and am a certified expert unlike these so called "peer reviewed" papers

how many years have you spent researching dicks, my 3.5 incher is absolutely standard

also star citizen isn't pay to win

what's star citizen? glad you asked...

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

TheAgent posted:

fuckin lol. star citizens are experts in everything it seems, even in having small dicks

Well, of course, do you know how many blowjobs he's given?

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

This honestly is a bit scary, people feeling that persecuted everywhere they go have issues. I hope they get help. It's not even funny to read anymore, i'm just worried for them.

Baxta posted:

hahahaha

i'm a bad person for laughing at this

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

I'm the degree in "Advanced Mathematics of Penis Size".

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Neltharak posted:

This honestly is a bit scary, people feeling that persecuted everywhere they go have issues. I hope they get help. It's not even funny to read anymore, i'm just worried for them.
its actually perfectly normal for games like this

you can see the same pattern with the backers of Shroud of the Avatar, Star Citizen's sister game; any criticism was from "trolls" who must have played UO wrong and hated Richard Garriott because he's obviously the one true game designer that will once again make MMOs great and worth playing, unlike those evil, nasty publishers that love money and nothing else

seriously, people defended the ever living gently caress outta SotA, even here on SA. backers started creating the narrative of an organised group of trolls and haters and doxxers that were ruining the game intentionally, wanting it to fail. this then made the faithful throw even more money into the project, causing even more people to go "wtf are you doing, stop giving them money" and the cycle continued

just like Star Citizen, SotA devs then bought into this narrative as well. they told backers that the negative reviews online or on steam only came from a handful of organised dissenters, who they had to ban from their forums for threatening their families. this, of course, never loving happened but it really makes people open their wallets and shove money at you. "oh those poor devs, they work so hard and no one appreciates them and they have to deal with trolls all day! have more money!!"

even in the face of layoffs and bad patches and barely there improvements, shroud fans still absolutely believe there's a huge turnaround a-comin'

mostly because otherwise they are going to be left holding the bag on thousands of dollars of now worthless virtual goods

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
and when it finally all comes crashing down, you'll have the same people who were shilling hard for SC go "well yeah it was only like two thousand dollars and its not that big of a deal for me, so who cares" who you know will secretly back the everloving poo poo outta whatever garbage kickstarter chris roberts and co decide to launch next

Koil
Jun 24, 2005

two weeks
Cymelion, his eyes closed!

Kazan, in the small penis thread.

ShapCap, when the project fell.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Spiderdrake posted:

Little guy feels much less insulting on a page with ben sex parties being discussed.

I mean, now there's an iceberg to sink the titanic!

Are you saying 90% of Ben is not visible in any of the photos and/or videos? :ohdear:

Awesome Fidelity
Aug 16, 2017

The path i walk lights up in
fidelity
Actually, his penis is mod verified

Awesome Fidelity
Aug 16, 2017

The path i walk lights up in
fidelity
Some people like Accelerwraith have even been verified by selected community members

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Koil posted:

B'tak, as he is griefed.

Humility, when he felt hollow, like death.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
ohhh that small-dicked Kazan

I remember him now

Koil
Jun 24, 2005

two weeks

CrazyLoon posted:

B'tak, as he is griefed.

Humility, when he felt hollow, like death.

Vertisce, in the /r/pcgaming sub :saddowns:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f7g_1xtUvw

You're a week late FTR, that's old news you FUD troll :colbert:

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Oh also, who's Clemens ?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Good thing the ANTI SC Action thread is GOONS ONLY and they can't see how we coordinate our upvote brigade.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Koil posted:

Vertisce, in the /r/pcgaming sub :saddowns:

Maht_Daymun, in perpetual torment

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Is that the worst kind of torment?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTEDN8Q9rIY

Quavers fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Aug 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Koil posted:

It is terrible that I remember that episode so clearly.