Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Royce is drat good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
oh and speaking of feelgood stories if you missed it In My Feelings has been number 1 for an entire month now... even though it had no promotion or even a video until about a week ago hahah

https://twitter.com/drakedirect_/status/1026532567078428673

if fact there have been 33 billboard charts this year so far and Drizzy Drake the rap god has been on top for 23 of them. that’s about 70% of 20DRAKETEEN so far yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhh

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I hope dude got paid more for tricking people into streaming that song that many times. He needs to get paid more than Drake.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
you’re looking at it completely backwards I’m afraid. The rap god made music so good that literally the entire world couldn’t stop listening to it and dancing to it

even farmers covered in mud in India can’t get enough of the rap god’s blessings

https://twitter.com/myvillageshow/status/1024579422001799173

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I will grant that the Drake tracks on that top 10 are better than anything else there except for I Like It

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Anybody here make it to this ridiculous show at Red Rocks last week?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Incorrect Username
Feb 21, 2011
apparently the YG australian show tickets are $100... now thats brazy

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Wezlar posted:

It seems like he really needs someone else to direct him creatively and his own projects are a disaster without Yams doing it.

That's why I really hope Rocky can make/do Wangsap with Tyler. Tyler easily can provide structure both at a technical and thematic level such that Rocky has some bearings and can focus. Plus, they're 3 for 3 with collabs. The chemistry is clear.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

highme posted:

Anybody here make it to this ridiculous show at Red Rocks last week?

i don't give a single poo poo about nas and black star but i'd love to have seen pusha, brother ali and royce all at one show

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Joe was talking to Dame Dash on the phone on the podcast and Dame casually said that youtube is paying artists to beef and respond to each other to try and boost sales. Then this 69 and YG beef magically starts when his album just came out.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Is there any Swedish hip hop or rap that doesn't suck?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Incorrect Username posted:

apparently the YG australian show tickets are $100... now thats brazy

Aren't Australian ticket prices in general several times more on average than they are over here for some reason? Or am I thinking of album prices?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Henchman of Santa posted:

Aren't Australian ticket prices in general several times more on average than they are over here for some reason? Or am I thinking of album prices?
I think the overall price of living on everything there is because of the cost of transporting things there. I know Aussies always complain about video game prices.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
hey do you dudes remember that time that one terrible and possibly actually mentally retarded poster in here claimed that drizzy hadn’t been on top of the charts much in years juuuuuuust before SCORPION came out?

i made a pie chart so that we can all visualize exactly how loving moronic that dude was (and still is)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Incorrect Username
Feb 21, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

absolutely but $100 is basically a list pricing. For comparison, Migos were around $80 and that was just a few months ago. Future and Young Thug together were also $80

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

monkeu posted:

hey do you dudes remember that time that one terrible and possibly actually mentally retarded poster in here claimed that drizzy hadn’t been on top of the charts much in years juuuuuuust before SCORPION came out?

i made a pie chart so that we can all visualize exactly how loving moronic that dude was (and still is)

Lmao at this graph

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
“Terrible and possibly mentally retarded poster” had me thinking monkeu was going to get introspective on us for once.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

ravenkult posted:

Is there any Swedish hip hop or rap that doesn't suck?

yung lean and sad boys crew

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MrSargent posted:

“Terrible and possibly mentally retarded poster” had me thinking monkeu was going to get introspective on us for once.

lol

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

monkeu posted:

Thank you. gently caress. I’m all down for a bit of trolling but poo poo is pretty old. It’s been like a month.

Also thank you for all the music suggestions. I have them on my Spotify and bumping it now.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i dont remember all the recs you were given but imo ghostface's stories are my personal favorite. his whole discog is full of them

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

obi_ant posted:

Thank you. gently caress. I’m all down for a bit of trolling but poo poo is pretty old. It’s been like a month.

Also thank you for all the music suggestions. I have them on my Spotify and bumping it now.

It’s been a few months actually, with a ban in the middle of it

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

We can only break the cycle when someone takes up the same brokebrain gimmick for pushat. Then monkeu will be released from the curse and harmony restored.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Monkeu is going through some deadbeat dad poo poo himself and doesnt want to be a daddy and drake triggers him

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

The REAL Goobusters posted:

yung lean and sad boys crew

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I think the most offensive part of this Kiki Car Dance meme is the amount of white people asking if they killed it when the car isn't even moving before they get out of it.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I don’t really understand why this specific drake song sparked such a trend

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i really like the two big ones from earlier this year but this is just a snoozer

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Tolkien minority posted:

this is all it takes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69LjA8NuEsw

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
literally nothing Drake ever does will be as catchy or reach as many people as a song like Despacito or even Gangnam Style anyway

he may be the king of soft rapper mountain but that ain't the biggest mountain around

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Monkeu is going through some deadbeat dad poo poo himself and doesnt want to be a daddy and drake triggers him

It's the most dumb poo poo in the world since most people in here actually like Drake as an artist.

Like, we know he's the biggest artist in the world and we all like him just stop being a terrible poster, ffs.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

most people have forgotten the pusha t diss, except the drake fan.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rap game McDonald's stay winnin!!

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

Quantum of Phallus posted:

New YG is so good I'm high as gently caress and I love it

can confirm the first part at least

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I was in Amsterdam baked like a loving clam and listening to it :whatup:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Amsterdam will always remind me of Juicy J's Blue Dream and Lean 2 because that's all I listened to when I was there a few years ago :allears:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Tolkien minority posted:

issa plant dude

E: but for real, scorpion was one of the most hyped releases of the summer and it was just super boring. In my feelings was one of the only songs on there that wasn't one of the earlier singles that wasn't a complete snoozer so thats the one people decided to do poo poo for.

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Aug 9, 2018

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Slime Language when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

feel old yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWlMhiEL9Mc