Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The Tyrion on the river chapters can get a bit grating if you don't realize they aren't about Tyrion they are about the other Targ and the Golden Company and Tyrion is just the point of view while calling them idiots a lot.

Lol if you think nothing happens because at the end of that Westeros is invaded by elephants.

It is granted a lot of food and wine.

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jun 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

Oh, I guarantee Tyrion and translator chick are going to wind up together taking care of Snow/Dany's kid as the new king/queen. It's too stupid not to be the case.

I 100% am ready for this, it's so goddamn dumb, it has to be true

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Everybody fucks, everybody dies, everybody rises as zombies to gently caress again

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

I would rather die than watch one single more episode of this show and I hope that george martin passes away peacefully in his sleep before finishing the last book.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hell Yeah posted:

I would rather die than watch one single more episode of this show and I hope that george martin passes away peacefully in his sleep before finishing the last book.

This is a near certainty. In fact him dying would ironically be the last hurdle for getting the final books released.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

This is a near certainty. In fact him dying would ironically be the last hurdle for getting the final books released.

It's interesting how he trained the nerds who cranked out The Expanse books but they somehow can release a new book every 1/2 years.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
There's a few lovely books in that series too. I'm on the second to last one and can barely read a few pages. There's just so many dumb characters. Like the ones named Nono, Nomo, Namano, ughhh

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The stupid show will be over in less than a year.
What will end first, the show or the gurm?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Watched an interview with him and Stephen King. King cranks a book out in 3 months and Martin says he sometimes gets half a chapter done in that time. lol

I hope a zombie giant steps on some more people.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Glenn Quebec posted:

There's a few lovely books in that series too. I'm on the second to last one and can barely read a few pages. There's just so many dumb characters. Like the ones named Nono, Nomo, Namano, ughhh

more like yum

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanaimo_bar

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

i'd gently caress the interpreter lady

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I'd gently caress every lady on this show. Especially unshapeshifted Melsidandre.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Drunken Baker posted:

Watched an interview with him and Stephen King. King cranks a book out in 3 months and Martin says he sometimes gets half a chapter done in that time. lol

I hope a zombie giant steps on some more people.

It took grrm months to think about an subsequently write about hodors cock just months thinking about that retard peen

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

etalian posted:

It's interesting how he trained the nerds who cranked out The Expanse books but they somehow can release a new book every 1/2 years.

I'm pretty sure he either doesn't know how to resolve the plot or straight-up isn't interested in it any more. Then after he dies someone will be hired to just adapt the series ending into novels.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

aphid_licker posted:

Someone pls post an excerpt of GRRM lovingly describing an onion

A Clash of Kings, Prologue posted:

Davos was a slight man, his low birth written plain upon a common face. A well-worn green cloak, stained by salt and spray and faded from the sun, draped his thin shoulders, over brown doublet and breeches that matched brown eyes and hair. About his neck a pouch of worn leather hung from a thong. His small beard was well peppered with grey, and he wore a leather glove on his maimed left hand. When he saw Cressen, he checked his descent.

sex excellence fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 5, 2018

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nice

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Have we discussed how strange it is that three separate pieces of media make reference to "onion knights" (dark souls, final fantasy, and ASOIAF)? Like is that a thing?

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Have we discussed how strange it is that three separate pieces of media make reference to "onion knights" (dark souls, final fantasy, and ASOIAF)? Like is that a thing?

Fat man write novel, fat man seeks inspiration for a name, fat man finds it right in front of him (food)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Idk but I'm pretty sure ASOIAF predates them all quite a bit do maybe they are references to ASOIAF?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

Idk but I'm pretty sure ASOIAF predates them all quite a bit do maybe they are references to ASOIAF?

gently caress off moridin

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Hell Yeah posted:

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

Hell Yeah posted:

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hell Yeah posted:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

Interesting, that's as good a theory as any I suppose. Thanks mor :)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think onion knight was a catch all term for knights that were raised to peerage from lowly beginnings. This Wikipedia page actually has a little bit about it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I remember someone posting about Gurm being super steamed that people figured out basically every plot point that's been foreshadowed in the books, including the big fancy ending. Bran becoming the new Great Other and Jon brokering an uneasy peace treaty with the Others, like how literally every other major conflict ends up being resolved.

I'm pretty sure he's stopped writing the books because he can't blow people's minds anymore because he took so long to write the books, lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hell Yeah posted:

Hey

Hey

Suck my rear end in a top hat for the ending to ASOIAF

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

When they peel open his gross desk, they'll be looking for unedited manuscripts , but they'll only find 10,000 pages of eel pie descriptions.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
did gurm die?

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe
A giant stepped on him

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I hope a giant steps on some more people

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Isn't the dark souls onion knight called that because his armor looks like an onion, and he's based on a dude from berserk who gets like 7 pages in one chapter before dying?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Game of Thrones would be much better if someone cut off a dragon's tail and got a weird axe for his troubles imho

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I'd like to see a sexy Night Queen character.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

proof of concept posted:

I hope a giant steps on some more people

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Rip grrm

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Now that GRRM is dead, will we ever get a satisfying conclusion to the story?

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Zzulu posted:

Now that GRRM is dead, will we ever get a satisfying conclusion to the story?

The real ending was found on a note hidden in between one of his fat rolls. Moon Boy was behind everything and becomes emperor of the world.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Welp if his notes get burned like he wanted, the show will be his legacy. What a shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jerk irl
Apr 26, 2018

etalian posted:

Obviously he kept some secrets of the trade for himself.