Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Yeah, when a deadfall trap triggers, it disappears an a blueprint to rebuild a new one appears in it's place, unless you turn that off. They only cost 35 stone now though. I still have a bunch of them because I had a long winter of digging out my mountain fortress and a ton of stone clogging everything up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
There already are a few.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I hope Jecrell and the tiberiumrim guy update their mods to 1.0 soon :saddowns:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Pharnakes posted:

Well I saw that one coming from a mile away, traps as they were are totally against tynan's design philosophy of forcing you off the planet. But don't worry there'll be a mod.

He should make them work on wild animals, then, so they have a purpose other than thinning out raids.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Hmmm, the auto-rebuild feature stopped working for me after the last 3 1.0 mini patches.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

goddammit tynan

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Keeshhound posted:

He should make them work on wild animals, then, so they have a purpose other than thinning out raids.

There are mod for this too, because it is dumb as gently caress to have a giant hungry bear gracefully tiptoe through 50 traps to come maul your tiny colonists.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Flesh Forge posted:

Keeshhound posted:

There are mod for this too, because it is dumb as gently caress to have a giant hungry bear gracefully tiptoe through 50 traps to come maul your tiny colonists.
I remember commenting about this in the 1.0 feedback thread and the next version said animals could trigger traps

Have you tried trapping wild animals recently?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Not for a few weeks, if he relaxed about the animals vs traps thing that's good because it was dumb as hell.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I read recently that wild animals will trigger traps if they aren't in a wander state, so if they're going after your food/animals/colonists, they should trigger the traps. Granted this was like two weeks ago, so god knows if its still relevant.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Oh, so apparently Tynan went to 0.19.
e: or, it looks like he's about to shortly, or something :shrug:

e: Ahahahah MERCILESS MODE

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Aug 7, 2018

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

I like falling asleep to LPs. Anyone recommend any good Rimworld ones.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I like the one where there's a small fire but then soon its a big fire

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Voodoofly posted:

I like falling asleep to LPs. Anyone recommend any good Rimworld ones.

I don’t know if it’s good to sleep to but I really enjoyed Sips playing RimWorld. The guy is charming and funny, also bad at the game.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Synthbuttrange posted:

goddammit tynan

Matazat
Aug 12, 2011

I started a new tribal colony last night and within the first hour an escape pod crashed and a bunch of weed flew out.

Imagine that Space Odyssey scene with the monkeys, only instead of a black monolith it's a bong.

Matazat fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Aug 7, 2018

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
I don't mean to be rude, but while we've solved the problem of what it means to be rectal cored, I'm still not sure what it means to be extremely rectal cored, as the base concept seems a bit too extreme for me already.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Rectal coring is implemented as a custom disease and when it progresses to its final stage it's labeled as 'extreme' like every other illness.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Well yeah but...howwwwwww

Asking for a friend

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rectal coring o
moderate rectal coring O
Extreme rectal coring (......)

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Does that mean you can develop an immunity to rectal coring?

Is there a rectal coring vaccine I can take? To become immune to the weird fetishes itt?

Also I reached 63 wargs and I now have to eat all the young. If I butcher 3 elephants at once, all the wargs will eat all the meat before I can make a meal. This is unsustainable, but it does mean that I have suffered zero combat losses so far for my pawns.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

You didn't ask the most important (worst) question:

Is it contagious?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

McGiggins posted:

Is there a rectal coring vaccine I can take? To become immune to the weird fetishes itt?

Also I reached 63 wargs and I now have to eat all the young. If I butcher 3 elephants at once, all the wargs will eat all the meat before I can make a meal. This is unsustainable, but it does mean that I have suffered zero combat losses so far for my pawns.

Allowing pets into your butchery is gross and unsanitary.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Dogs are haram

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Turtlicious posted:

rectal coring o
moderate rectal coring O
Extreme rectal coring (......)

thanks, this helped

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

McGiggins posted:

Nah immunity is a special property you have to give to diseases

McGiggins posted:

At least let it go up to 69 wargs

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

I remember having proper Wyle E. Coyote frustration at this. Only Roadrunners should be exempt from traps.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Animals hit traps now, as noted earlier, they don't see them and automatically avoid them any more. Traps now require 1 tile of separation between other traps, so you do this instead of the zigzag thing:

and they're still effective

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Aug 9, 2018

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Cmon Tynan, set a self destruct timer on the whole planet. You know you want to

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

How is it that future people have discovered bionic eyes but not hearing aids?

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
I saw someone earlier saying that if you use embrasure's then enemies don't try and fire through them at you and instead just bumrush your doors.

This is only true if there's no way for them to path unobstructed to your pawn. This means you can't use doors to make a closed defensive line.

_ : Wall
+ : Embrasure
X : Door
O: Empty Space

So instead of this: __+__+__XX__+__+__

You need to do this: __+__+__OO__+__+__

This will "let" the enemies fire on your pawns without them just trying to smash down the doors. It does make you vulnerable to melee users, but my preferred solution to that is to make the entry passage an L shaped corridor with turrets/minigun users in the bend to turn it into a meat grinder.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Chocolate can be produced now, although it's too simple imo (grow chocolate tree, harvest chocolate)

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

How is it that future people have discovered bionic eyes but not hearing aids?

In rimworld noone can hear you scream.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Flesh Forge posted:

(grow chocolate tree, harvest chocolate)

lol tynan literally thinks chocolate grows on trees

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Rimworld: No Man's Godiva

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

This still isn't safe, your colonists and animals will occasionally set off traps if you force them to path over them. This works though, with sandbags:

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Synthbuttrange posted:

Cmon Tynan, set a self destruct timer on the whole planet. You know you want to

Isn't there an option for this in the scenario editor? Some kind of doomsday situation where an asteroid will crash into the planet and end the game after x days or something like that.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yes, the Planetkiller condition.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

What mod lets me anally core people? I'm legit curious.
I am almost entirely certain that it has to be Rimjob World (no seriously that's the name of the mod). Lemme just quote you the sections it uses to sell itself right on its main page with what I'm pretty sure is the bit which allows animal rectal coring in bold. I've gotten no further than the page on account of having taste, but feel free to make a trip report on systematic anal coring of prisoners or something. It's not worse than any of the other atrocities.

quote:

\\\ RIMJOBWORLD'S MAIN FEATURES

Adds body parts: genitals, anus & breasts.
Adds sex need to the game.
Adds rape to the game.
Adds comfort prisoner feature.
Adds pregnancy (this feature will be automatically disabled if you have Children & Pregnancy mod).
Adds 'simple' baby (this feature will be automatically disabled if you have Children & Pregnancy mod).
Adds whore bed: a colonist assigned to this bed will try to hook up with others.
Adds STDs.

\\\ NEW FEATURES

[NEW] Random rape mental breakdown.
Insects will now inject eggs while raping.
Mechanoids will now inject microcomputers while raping.
Added an option to sterilize vanilla animals.
Overhauled bestiality rape mechanism.
Added comfort colonist and comfort animal buttons. (NOTE: comfort animal button is still experimental and might not work as intended)
ABF is now a part of RimJobWorld! In case you're wondering, ABF was an extension of this mod that adds a new rape mechanics. Raiders will now rape incapacitated/knocked down/unconscious pawns who are enemies to them.
New whore beds and severed body parts textures.
Sex need decay rate option. Ever wonder what RimJobWorld means? Set this value to 1,000,000!
Wild mode option. No rules for sex. All limiting requirements are turned off. You can find it in options > mod settings.

Check the changelog for more info.
I have no idea what rectal coring is. Like, maybe goatse mixed with an infection because of rupturing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Complications posted:

I am almost entirely certain that it has to be Rimjob World (no seriously that's the name of the mod). Lemme just quote you the sections it uses to sell itself right on its main page with what I'm pretty sure is the bit which allows animal rectal coring in bold. I've gotten no further than the page on account of having taste, but feel free to make a trip report on systematic anal coring of prisoners or something. It's not worse than any of the other atrocities.

I have no idea what rectal coring is. Like, maybe goatse mixed with an infection because of rupturing?

I always knew that a mod like this had to exist but I'm still saddened by actually seeing it.