Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

mellowjournalism posted:

I'm pretty hyped, my ears are getting pickier and I'm ready to invest more into audio. So I should just go with the Monoprice Monolith USB DAC? I also saw the Massdrop Objective 2 on the last page if that would sound better.

amazing. I'll need a longer/thinner cable for this so I'll come back to it later but lol I love it

I have that Monoprice one and honestly loving love it. I have a couple "much nicer" desktop amps and have been using this stick way more. It actually sounds really good and I can't use it around the house with my laptop/phone/tablet. Also has the benefit of being a not-loving-bad DAC. Surely better than your computer or phone.

The O2 is a better amp, definitely more power, but rather stationary. If you're just using it at a desk I'd get it for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1025248740708311041

Bought their HD1 Free's for almost 70 bucks after stacked vouchers.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Yinyoo customer service on point replacing $20 IEMs.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BESTBUY60 seems to be dead. Bummer.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Got cancellations and refunds on all my order from Sennheiser. I think the whole internet just screwed over a bunch of Best Buy employees.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Trip report.

I bought the Jabra Elite Sport and listened to them for the first time. They sound great for what they are. Should work really well for workouts. Only tried the heart rate monitor once, but it seemed to work well. I need to try it for a few workouts to see how it does, but so far it seems like a great purchase.

dbcooper
Mar 21, 2008
Yams Fan

mariooncrack posted:

ATH M40x/M50x. My office has an open layout and a lot of people have them. Good for drowning everything out around you. I also like Beyerdynamic DT 770s. You'd want the 32 ohm. I prefer how they sound over my M50s (older model of the M50x).

Neither of those have ANC though. Bose is the best for that but I don't know if any are in your price range.

ddogflex posted:

Yeah I second DT770s for this use case. I used mine in an office for years and they're perfect for it. Comfortable and block out most noise. ANC isn't really helpful for office noise anyway. 32ohm would be the best bet using onboard sound as the source. The 80s are "better" though, a bit stronger bass I think? I used 80s off onboard sound for a while, but ended up amping them.

Thank you, mariooncrack and ddogflex. A day or two after I posted I realized I should have explicitly asked “do I need ANC or is isolation sufficient?”, but both of you answered that anyway.

Googling for DT 770s leads me to Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 32 Ohm Studio Headphone (Amazon). These are the headphones you’re referring to, yes?

If I’m using these on a desktop or laptop 90%+ of the time, should I get the 80 ohm version instead? Will I be missing out on audio quality/experience if I get the 32 Ohm version?

Edit: What’s the difference between the 80 Ohm monitoring (Amazon option) and non-monitoring? Is that the 99 dB limiter thing listed on Beyerdynamic’s website: https://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/dt-770-pro.html. If so, which 80 Ohm version should I buy?

dbcooper fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 5, 2018

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Does anyone have any recommendations for bluetooth IEMs?

Budget - <100
Requirements - Good sound quality, solid connection.
Preferred Tonal Balance - Adaptable but preferably not too bass heavy.
Past Headphones - Previous IEMs: VSonic GR07, 1More Triple-Driver, Alpha & Delta JAAP. Of all, probably preferred the GR07s the best, neutral-ish with a wide soundstage, but none of the others were unbearably bad or anything.

Will mostly use for casual listening and quiet commutes. Don't need true wireless, don't have any experience with ANC but I've gotten by just fine without it on all my other stuff.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

dbcooper posted:

Thank you, mariooncrack and ddogflex. A day or two after I posted I realized I should have explicitly asked “do I need ANC or is isolation sufficient?”, but both of you answered that anyway.

Googling for DT 770s leads me to Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 32 Ohm Studio Headphone (Amazon). These are the headphones you’re referring to, yes?

If I’m using these on a desktop or laptop 90%+ of the time, should I get the 80 ohm version instead? Will I be missing out on audio quality/experience if I get the 32 Ohm version?

Edit: What’s the difference between the 80 Ohm monitoring (Amazon option) and non-monitoring? Is that the 99 dB limiter thing listed on Beyerdynamic’s website: https://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/dt-770-pro.html. If so, which 80 Ohm version should I buy?

I thought I replied to this ln, but I guess it didn't go through.

Anyway, I suggest the regular 80s. They're generally the most recommended unless you really don't have enough power for them (e.g. straight from a phone). The monitor ones just have an in-line volume slider, it's for drummers, you don't want it.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

ishikabibble posted:

Does anyone have any recommendations for bluetooth IEMs?

Budget - <100
Requirements - Good sound quality, solid connection.
Preferred Tonal Balance - Adaptable but preferably not too bass heavy.
Past Headphones - Previous IEMs: VSonic GR07, 1More Triple-Driver, Alpha & Delta JAAP. Of all, probably preferred the GR07s the best, neutral-ish with a wide soundstage, but none of the others were unbearably bad or anything.

Will mostly use for casual listening and quiet commutes. Don't need true wireless, don't have any experience with ANC but I've gotten by just fine without it on all my other stuff.

I own jabra elite sport. They are really impressive. You can even adjust the sound signature in app.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Looking for some nice headphones mainly for listening to music, with some movies/tv/games on the side. Some recommendations would be really helpful.

Budget - Up to £200 (probably about equivalent to the same in USD)
Source - PC. I do have an Asus Xonar DGX sound card lying around that I can install if that would be worth doing, I think it has a headphone amp.
Isolation Requirements - No preference
Preferred Type of Headphone - Circumaural
Preferred Tonal Balance - I don't know enough to say, to be honest.
Past Headphones - Just gaming headsets. Previously a HyperX Cloud II, currently using Steelseries Arctis 7 wireless.
Preferred Music - Metal

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Looking for some nice headphones mainly for listening to music, with some movies/tv/games on the side. Some recommendations would be really helpful.

Source - PC. I do have an Asus Xonar DGX sound card lying around that I can install if that would be worth doing, I think it has a headphone amp.
Past Headphones - Just gaming headsets. Previously a HyperX Cloud II, currently using Steelseries Arctis 7 wireless.
Preferred Music - Metal

Nice forum name.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

ddogflex posted:

I have that Monoprice one and honestly loving love it. I have a couple "much nicer" desktop amps and have been using this stick way more. It actually sounds really good and I can't use it around the house with my laptop/phone/tablet. Also has the benefit of being a not-loving-bad DAC. Surely better than your computer or phone.

The O2 is a better amp, definitely more power, but rather stationary. If you're just using it at a desk I'd get it for sure.

(I ended up ordering both-- I'd like to see if my ears can tell the difference, and it'll be nice to have the stick to take around with my laptop.)

The 58X showed up along with the Monoprice amp and they sound real nice! I do feel really dumb about how to set up audio stuff though, even on the most basic level. Where do I want the lowest volume possible-- the windows settings for "MP 29512"? Or the USB DAC itself? Or do I want to start on the highest setting for one of the two? (I assume I shouldn't ever mess with the volume control of whatever app I'm using?)

Feel free to skip this entire rant but I figured I'd post it since I don't know where else to even look: Because I don't know how any of this works, I have a bad habit of solving issues by just turning up the volume. I know the answer is "just back off if you experience any pain whatsoever" but the problem is that it'll sound like I'm missing out on details, so I turn it up; things then go mostly fine but every once in a while the sound will hit the high end and I'll feel the slightest discomfort. It then goes away and I get used to that volume setting for that headset. This happened again when unboxing the 58X-- ever so slight pain when turning it up, so I turned it back down, but then after getting "used" to it for a few hours I just turned it right back up again to "hear more detail." There was no pain after this break-in period, but is that an illusion? Am I hurting my ears without realizing it?

Anyway I tried reading https://www.rane.com/note135.html but it seemed like it was for actual audio engineers with tons of devices chained together or something. Is there a rule of thumb for dummies?

mellowjournalism fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Aug 7, 2018

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

mellowjournalism posted:

(I ended up ordering both-- I'd like to see if my ears can tell the difference, and it'll be nice to have the stick to take around with my laptop.)

The 58X showed up along with the Monoprice amp and they sound real nice! I do feel really dumb about how to set up audio stuff though, even on the most basic level. Where do I want the lowest volume possible-- the windows settings for "MP 29512"? Or the USB DAC itself? Or do I want to start on the highest setting for one of the two? (I assume I shouldn't ever mess with the volume control of whatever app I'm using?)

Feel free to skip this entire rant but I figured I'd post it since I don't know where else to even look: Because I don't know how any of this works, I have a bad habit of solving issues by just turning up the volume. I know the answer is "just back off if you experience any pain whatsoever" but the problem is that it'll sound like I'm missing out on details, so I turn it up; things then go mostly fine but every once in a while the sound will hit the high end and I'll feel the slightest discomfort. It then goes away and I get used to that volume setting for that headset. This happened again when unboxing the 58X-- ever so slight pain when turning it up, so I turned it back down, but then after getting "used" to it for a few hours I just turned it right back up again to "hear more detail." There was no pain after this break-in period, but is that an illusion? Am I hurting my ears without realizing it?

Anyway I tried reading https://www.rane.com/note135.html but it seemed like it was for actual audio engineers with tons of devices chained together or something. Is there a rule of thumb for dummies?

The rule is basically everything max volume other than the amp that's directly outputting to the headphones. So if you're going laptop > DAC > amp; the laptop and DAC should be maxed and just use to the volume pot on the amp. Laptop > DAC/amp or phone > DAC/amp use the volume on the DAC/amp. The Monoprice one has those little buttons on the side for volume.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Ahh boy do I feel dumb. Makes perfect sense. Thanks!

I'll just back off the (amp) volume until my ears get used to these cans. Every once in a while I still experience a little bit of a pain here and there if I crank it, but that's probably because my ears are broken (maybe I've just had my volume up too high this whole time because I've never had an amp until now).

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

ddogflex posted:

The rule is basically everything max volume other than the amp that's directly outputting to the headphones. So if you're going laptop > DAC > amp; the laptop and DAC should be maxed and just use to the volume pot on the amp. Laptop > DAC/amp or phone > DAC/amp use the volume on the DAC/amp. The Monoprice one has those little buttons on the side for volume.

If I do this I only get to use ~15% of my amp's power. what the heck is the point of having an amp if it's going to stay so low

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

The pads on my HiFiman HE4XXs are tearing, so I decided to buy the 58X Jubilees and a uDAC5 combo amp/DAC for the office.

For whatever reason, all the planar magnetics I've bought died young (within a handful of months). It's probably that the $200 price point has to make sacrifices somewhere, and I guess build quality is it.

Looking forward to getting these in - I've loved all the Sennheisers I've had so far, so hopefully they give me that nice open-backed-ness that I'm missing on the 569s (but otherwise adore for portability & console gaming).

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Lube banjo posted:

If I do this I only get to use ~15% of my amp's power. what the heck is the point of having an amp if it's going to stay so low

Your headphones are too efficient for the amp. Get new headphones that are inefficient?

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Lube banjo posted:

You have more power even at that volume level. Makes low end much tighter if nothing else is noticeable. You want the source max volume otherwise it’s artificially compressed and you lose dynamic range.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Preferred Music - Metal

So based on my own digging around I'm leaning towards Beyerdynamic DT 880 32 Ohm for this. Before I pull the trigger is there any reason I'd be better off with something else from these others I've been looking at?:

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Lube banjo posted:

Get some planars, I have my amp between 12 and 2 for comfortable listening levels depending on source.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

So based on my own digging around I'm leaning towards Beyerdynamic DT 880 32 Ohm for this. Before I pull the trigger is there any reason I'd be better off with something else from these others I've been looking at?:

Can't go wrong with any of the Beyers or that Fidelio X2 IMO. Nice price on the X2 though - over $300 here

Llamadeus
Dec 20, 2005

I'd also consider the HD 598SR as well (also maybe the AKG K702), price is pretty good at the moment.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Buydig via eBay has select BeyerDynamic Special Edition Chrome Headphones on sale for $120.69 when you apply coupon code PRONTO15 [More Info]. Shipping is free. Thanks iconian

Available Options (prices below are after coupon code PRONTO15):
BeyerDynamic Premium DT-880 600 Ohm Special Edition Chrome Headphones (Black/Chrome) $120.69
BeyerDynamic Premium DT-990 600 Ohm Special Edition Chrome Headphones (Black/Chrome) $120.69
BeyerDynamic Premium DT-880 250 Ohm Special Edition Chrome Headphones (Black/Chrome) $120.69

https://slickdeals.net/f/11916527-beyerdynamic-premium-dt-880-or-dt-990-600-ohm-special-edition-chrome-headphones-120-70-more-free-shipping

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

MarcusSA posted:

Buydig via eBay has select BeyerDynamic Special Edition Chrome Headphones on sale for $120.69 when you apply coupon code PRONTO15 [More Info]. Shipping is free. Thanks iconian

Available Options (prices below are after coupon code PRONTO15):
BeyerDynamic Premium DT-880 600 Ohm Special Edition Chrome Headphones (Black/Chrome) $120.69
BeyerDynamic Premium DT-990 600 Ohm Special Edition Chrome Headphones (Black/Chrome) $120.69
BeyerDynamic Premium DT-880 250 Ohm Special Edition Chrome Headphones (Black/Chrome) $120.69

https://slickdeals.net/f/11916527-beyerdynamic-premium-dt-880-or-dt-990-600-ohm-special-edition-chrome-headphones-120-70-more-free-shipping

Yeah eBay deals are awesome for headphones. Picked up my th-x00 for $256 a few months ago and just ordered m1060s today for $170.

RoboCop 3
Feb 5, 2018

I’m so annoyed by the loving background buzzing on my Magni 3 amp when it’s in high gain that I don’t even use it anymore. My HD600s honestly sound better plugged right into my PCs onboard sound. I can hear it on the preamp out to my powered monitors as well. I’m pretty sure it’s not a ground loop because I have everything plugged into the same surge protector.

I’m thinking this is just a case of getting what you pay for. I think Schiit makes good stuff, but there’s probably only so good an amp can be for $99. I’m eyeing the Jotunheim w/ Multibit DAC now for $599, but I also feel like a sucker for giving Schiit more money. :(

RoboCop 3 fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Aug 9, 2018

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Try plugging it into a different outlet (not surge protector)

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Llamadeus posted:

I'd also consider the HD 598SR as well (also maybe the AKG K702), price is pretty good at the moment.

Thanks for the tips dudes, went with those sennheisers in the end and I'm liking them so far.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

RoboCop 3 posted:

I’m thinking this is just a case of getting what you pay for. I think Schiit makes good stuff, but there’s probably only so good an amp can be for $99. I’m eyeing the Jotunheim w/ Multibit DAC now for $599, but I also feel like a sucker for giving Schiit more money. :(

In the sense that their QA is fairly iffy, sure. That buzzing is not normal, though, you should contact Schiit for service or replacement. If they all did that, nobody would buy them.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I've read a bunch of sites saying the the schit stuff is bad. Like really bad. I'm not going to find the links but this thread is bearing that out.

RoboCop 3
Feb 5, 2018

Schiit seems like a pretty polarizing company. Like I said earlier, their more expensive stuff seems to get almost universal praise while their midrange and cheaper stuff is kind of iffy. Most of the strong negative feedback I've read was on Reddit, so who knows what that counts for.

In any case, I've tried my Modi 2 + Magni 3 combo on a couple different outlets in my home. One thing I haven't tried is plugging my DAC into a different computer. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll call Schiit and complain.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Hi,

I'm looking to buy some headphones.

I currently have some Sony WF-1000X in ear wireless earphones.

The WF-1000X are decent, but the battery life is not very good at all. I regularly take 6hour train journeys (twice a week), and I need a new wireless pair that can hold charge for the entire time, without having to charge them.

The WF-1000X also only pair with one bluetooth device at a time. They are currently paired with my iphone. I would like to be able to pair the new headphones with my MacBook, 2 Windows desktops (1 for my home up north and 1 for my flat down south) and the iPhone, so that I can easily switch between devices without having to unpair, re-pair blah blah blah.

Budget - £250 is probably the max I am willing to spend.
Source - iPhone, MacBook, 2 Windows desktops. They need to be wireless.
Isolation Requirements - I'd like to not hear the constant annoying hum of the train, more than that would be nice, but not mandatory.
Preferred Type of Headphone - In ear is preferred, but I'd be ok with over the ear too. Size is not much of an issue.
Preferred Tonal Balance - I watch movies on my MacBook and at either of my two homes on my Windows computers, occasionally play some games, and I'd like to use these new headphones for these tasks, as well as listen to music via my iPhone with them. I like metal music, and while I don't need them to be super bass-ey, I do like bass-ey-ness...
Past Headphones - See above, re WF-1000X.
Preferred Music - Metal.

Is my wishlist impossible? Is it a better idea to just have some wired ones that are sub £100 at each static location? What about if I want to watch a movie on my MacBook on the train? The 3.5mm port makes a hum in other wired headphones I have tried on it (Bose QC15, for example) and I don't want to use a dongle for usb headphones...

Feel free to tell me I am an idiot for wanting a device that solves all those problems.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Steakandchips posted:

Hi,

I'm looking to buy some headphones.

I currently have some Sony WF-1000X in ear wireless earphones.

The WF-1000X are decent, but the battery life is not very good at all. I regularly take 6hour train journeys (twice a week), and I need a new wireless pair that can hold charge for the entire time, without having to charge them.

The WF-1000X also only pair with one bluetooth device at a time. They are currently paired with my iphone. I would like to be able to pair the new headphones with my MacBook, 2 Windows desktops (1 for my home up north and 1 for my flat down south) and the iPhone, so that I can easily switch between devices without having to unpair, re-pair blah blah blah.

Budget - £250 is probably the max I am willing to spend.
Source - iPhone, MacBook, 2 Windows desktops. They need to be wireless.
Isolation Requirements - I'd like to not hear the constant annoying hum of the train, more than that would be nice, but not mandatory.
Preferred Type of Headphone - In ear is preferred, but I'd be ok with over the ear too. Size is not much of an issue.
Preferred Tonal Balance - I watch movies on my MacBook and at either of my two homes on my Windows computers, occasionally play some games, and I'd like to use these new headphones for these tasks, as well as listen to music via my iPhone with them. I like metal music, and while I don't need them to be super bass-ey, I do like bass-ey-ness...
Past Headphones - See above, re WF-1000X.
Preferred Music - Metal.

Is my wishlist impossible? Is it a better idea to just have some wired ones that are sub £100 at each static location? What about if I want to watch a movie on my MacBook on the train? The 3.5mm port makes a hum in other wired headphones I have tried on it (Bose QC15, for example) and I don't want to use a dongle for usb headphones...

Feel free to tell me I am an idiot for wanting a device that solves all those problems.

So you were cool till you wanted to pair them with the windows machines. Beats / airpods are awesome for switching between apple devices but not so much when you try and throw a windows machine in there.

IMO buy 2x these for the static locations https://www.amazon.com/Status-Audio-Closed-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B01BDX1IVW

And look into some beats studios (I've seen them for as low as $180).

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Aug 10, 2018

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

gently caress me these hd58x's are good. I wasn't expecting this much of an upgrade from my hd595s but goddamn

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

MarcusSA posted:

If you wanna get a little dirty, you can get the Sony MDR 1000X on the used market for heck of cheap because A: the new model is out with marginal improvements and B: the headband plastic cracks near the earcup. I picked up an already cracked pair for like $90 and fixed it with epoxy and some black binder plastic. They're marvelous otherwise, the only pair of bluetooth headphones I've ever used that stay connected to my phone while it's in my pocket out in the city.

hope and vaseline posted:

gently caress me these hd58x's are good. I wasn't expecting this much of an upgrade from my hd595s but goddamn

Whole new ballgame. God forbid you get a tube amp because they're hell of fun on a tube amp and you'll go broke quick.

I honestly think the 580s are perfect. I just haven't heard another pair that could replace them, regardless of price. I'm never selling them. They're like finding the perfect pair of shoes.

Dr. Fishopolis fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Aug 11, 2018

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

hope and vaseline posted:

Mine can't get delivered soon enough. The thirst is real.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

RoboCop 3 posted:

Schiit seems like a pretty polarizing company. Like I said earlier, their more expensive stuff seems to get almost universal praise while their midrange and cheaper stuff is kind of iffy. Most of the strong negative feedback I've read was on Reddit, so who knows what that counts for.

Yeah, I mean if you get a working Fulla or Magni or whatever, they're great little units for the money. They clearly cheap out on QC to keep those costs down though, which leads to bad units and horror stories. They are made in the USA though, and it's not like SMSL or Micca are any better in that department.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Well, my HD 598 is dying after four years. The stitching is falling apart, and there is an annoying buzzing that happens sometimes with high-pitched noises. (I bet it’s the loose rubber, since it goes away briefly if I fiddle with the padding.) I’ve read that the 599 has better build quality, and hey, it’s 2 bucks cheaper than the 598 was, so I’ll give it a shot.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
As someone who loved their 598s until they died last week, I echo the thread's recommendation of the 58x's:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-sennheiser-hd-58x-jubilee-headphones

Seriously they are fantastic and the price is a little insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

So you were cool till you wanted to pair them with the windows machines. Beats / airpods are awesome for switching between apple devices but not so much when you try and throw a windows machine in there.

IMO buy 2x these for the static locations https://www.amazon.com/Status-Audio-Closed-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B01BDX1IVW

Airpods hurt my ears!

Ok, so I am going to get me some of the https://www.amazon.com/Status-Audio...s/dp/B01BDX1IVW you recommended. I don't want to use the 3.5mm plugs on my computers, they both give a wierd hum. Can anyone recommend a usb soundcard or something that I can plug these headphones into?