Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

loving mirrors, how do they work? :argh:

and I don't wanna talk to Professor Shock / motherfucker be lying, I'll talk to this cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Sure, let's talk to the policeman. When has asking an adult for help ever backfired in a Goosebumps book?

quote:

You decide to try to talk to the policeman. “Officer, it’s like this. We aren’t really from this world –“ you begin.

The policeman snorts. “Button it, kid. I don’t want to hear your tall tales.” He hustles you and the twins toward the lake.

You don’t argue. The lake is where you want to go anyway.

The policeman shoves you into a rowboat and then rows to a small island just offshore. On the island is a red schoolhouse with a bell on the roof. “Last stop,” he tells you. “Go on in. And don’t let me catch you playing hooky again!”

“But –“ Jason tries to say.

The policeman raises his hand. “Get going!”

You and the twins walk through the door into a classroom. Several students sit at desks. In front of the blackboard stands a scowling woman in an old-fashioned long dress.

“Welcome, new students. I’m Ms. Silver,” she says.

“Actually, we don’t belong here,” you say. “We’re –“

“Of course you belong here,” Ms. Silver interrupts. “All children belong in school.”

“But –“

“Silence!” she orders. “Take seats in the back row and prepare for a quiz.”

quote:

A quiz? You and the twins exchange glances. Then, shrugging, you head for the back row. You’ll wait and see what happens.

“Arnie!” Ms. Silver shouts. A blond, freckled boy stands up. “What is seven times seven?” she asks him.

“Forty-nine,” the boy replies.

Ms. Silver frowns. “I can’t accept that answer! Go stand in the closet.”

Arnie turns pale. “No!” he cries. “Not that!”

“You know the rules!” Ms. Silver insists. Grabbing Arnie by the ear, she marches him to a door at the back of the room.

“Please –“ he begs. His voice is shaking.

Ms. Silver throws open the door. “Enter!” she snaps. She shoves him inside and slams the door behind him.

A moment later there’s a long, horrible scream.

Your heart races. What’s in that closet? But before you can figure it out, Ms. Silver points to you.

“Let’s see what our new pupils know,” she exclaims. “For your sake, I hope you can do better than Arnie!”

quote:

You gulp. Ms. Silver is pointing straight at you. You’re on the spot now!

“I don’t get it,” Jason whispers. “Arnie was right. Seven times seven is forty-nine! Why did she punish him?”

“Don’t forget, we’re in a backward world. Maybe she wanted a backward answer,” Stacey replies.

“Silence!” Ms. Silver shrieks. “Now tell me: what is seven plus eight?”

You’re starting to sweat. If you don’t give Ms. Silver the answer she wants, you’ll end up in the closet, just like Arnie.

And you know that would be really bad news!

“I’m waiting,” Ms. Silver snarls.

If you think the best answer is the real answer, fifteen, turn to PAGE 88.

If you think the answer the teacher wants is fifty-one, try PAGE 14.

Sadly, it seems the mirror world hasn't invented the frammilizer yet, so psychotic teachers have to resort to less humane methods of executing students.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Goal Endings: 1/2

Bad Endings
Deformed hideously by traveling through a fun house mirror.
Trapped in an endless maze of mirrors.
Forced into service as the Queen's personal flatterer.
Stuck working off our debt to Professor Shock as a human remote control.
Transformed into one of the Queen's carvings.
Stuck chasing our reflections through an infinite series of mirrored ice cream shops.
Crushed to death by a giant from the other side of a mirror.

Achievements
Sideshow Survivor: Saw the Loreo and lived to tell the tale.

The Klobbinator
Sep 8, 2013
Fifty one doesn't make any sense, but that's what my calculations say.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
51?

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Fifteen. I, a nerdlinger, would rather die on the hill of accurate mathematics.

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose

VivaLa Eeveelution posted:

Fifteen. I, a nerdlinger, would rather die on the hill of accurate mathematics.

drat right we will. Fifteen is the answer, and the answer is fifteen.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Tied, next vote takes it.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
We don't want any of that 'fake math' bullshit, it's 15.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You decide to give the teacher the real answer. But just in case, you whisper a backup plan to the twins.

“What is seven and eight?” Ms. Silver demands.

“Fifteen,” you reply.

“Wrong!” she shouts. “To the closet!”

“No thanks!” you declare. You give the twins a thumbs-up signal. Then the three of you split up and zoom toward the door.

“Come back!” Ms. Silver shouts. “You’ll never escape! There are sharks!”

You ignore her and run outside. The Palace gleams on the other side of the lake. A blue rowboat bobs at anchor just a few feet from the shore.

“Come on,” you tell your friends. “We’ll wade to the boat and then row to the Palace.”

“Wh-what about the sharks?” Jason stammers.

“I don’t see any,” Stacey says. The three of you gaze into the clear water. There’s no sign of sharks.

“Sharks don’t live in lakes. Ms. Silver was trying to scare us,” you declare and wade into the lake.

quote:

The water of the lake only comes to your knees. You start for the boat.

“This is easy!” Jason marvels.

Too easy? you wonder. You glance nervously around, scanning the water for dark fins. But it’s all clear. No sharks.

You’ve almost reached the boat when Stacey screams.

You whirl around. Something big and black has swooped down from the sky and grabbed her.

Something with fins! And lots of sharp teeth!

“What was that?” Jason shrieks.

You can’t believe it! It’s a shark. A flying shark!

When you glance at the sky, your eyes widen in horror. Heading for you are more flying sharks. Hundreds of them!

Then one of the things zooms at you. You duck. But it’s no good. Daggerlike teeth close on your body. You’re whisked up, up and away. Jason is next to you, screaming horribly.

Too bad! It looks as if this adventure has come to a very fishy

END!

Death by flying sharks? It's not nearly as fun to say as frammilization, but I'll take it!

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
Stuck chasing our reflections through an infinite series of mirrored ice cream shops.
:siren:Devoured by flying sharks.:siren:

Achievements

Our options posted:

• Split up to escape the bull.
  • Enter the mirror in the tent.
  • Try the green door.
  • Follow your friends out the door.
  • Give Ms. Silver a backward answer.

The Klobbinator
Sep 8, 2013
Fifty one is the right answer.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So the lesson here is to learn math unless you want to be eaten by sharks.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So the lesson here is to learn math unless you want to be eaten by sharks.

It's certainly a better lesson than what we usually get from Goosebumps. "Remember, kids: never trust the police! If they don't ignore you, they'll turn out to be working for the monsters!"

quote:

You decide to give the backward answer.

“Seven and eight are fifty-one,” you tell the teacher.

“Wrong!” Ms. Silver cries in triumph. “Everyone knows that seven and eight make fifteen!”

“But –“ you start to protest.

“Arnie gave a correct answer, but you told him he was wrong!” Stacey yells.

“Yeah! You can’t have it both ways,” Jason adds.

“Silence!” Ms. Silver screams. “I will not tolerate back talk. Into the closet. All three of you!”

Before you can move, the teacher has your ear in an iron grip. Out of the corner of your eye, you see that she’s got Jason’s and Stacey’s ears pinched together in her other hand. You struggle, but you’re no match for Ms. Silver.

“Give my regards to the sharks,” she sneers. Then she shoves you all through the closet door and slams it.

It’s pitch-dark inside. You seem to be sitting in a giant woven basket of some sort. Straw pokes into your back.

“Did she say sharks?” Jason moans.

You never get the chance to answer. Because suddenly there’s a deafening SPRRROINGGGG! Like a giant rubber band snapping.

And then the three of you are hurtling through the air!

quote:

You gaze down, terrified. Water rushes by below you. It’s the lake!

There was a giant sling inside the closet, and it shot you right out of the building! Screaming, you and the twins plunge toward the water. The shark-infested water.

SPLOOSH! SPLOOSH! SPLOOSH! You land in a white froth.

You close your eyes, waiting to feel shark teeth ripping into your body.

Nothing happens.

You open your eyes. You’re bobbing next to a small blue rowboat. The policeman’s boat! It’s empty. It must’ve come loose and drifted away. What a break!

“Get in!” You order Stacey and Jason. You hold the boat steady while they scramble in. Then they grab your arms and haul you up to join them.

Not a second too soon! As you’re crawling over the side of the rowboat, Stacey yells, “Shark!”

“Make that ‘sharks’!” Jason adds.

You turn around and peer over the side. Sharp black fins circle the boat. These sharks look big. And hungry.

“Too bad, sharks,” you call. “We’re out of here!”

This takes us to the Palace of Mirrors just as if we'd run from the policeman. No, I don't know why the sharks suddenly lose their power of flight depending on how we answer the question.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
Devoured by flying sharks.

Achievements
:siren:Jumping the Sharks: Escaped the school in the mirror world.:siren:

Our options posted:

• Try the green door.

I'll admit, I was tempted to name our new achievement "Still Not as Backward as the American School System" but decided that would be too long.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Follow out the door!

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Mirror in the tent

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
Smellrose
What's behind the green door?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Let's split up, gang!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Friend Commuter posted:

What's behind the green door?

I don't even remember the context, but :yeah:!

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

In honor of the new thread title, I'm squeezing in another update today. Let's see what's behind door number... uh... green?

quote:

You decide to try the green door. It swings open at a touch of your hand. You step through...

To another room of mirrors. But these mirrors are all small and square. They cover the walls, the ceiling, and the floor like tiles. You glance around for the door you stepped through.

Uh-oh.

There’s no sign of it.

There’s no way out!

quote:

“Welcome to the Hall of Ten Thousand Mirrors!” a hollow voice echoes.

“Who are you?” you cry. You spin around to see who is speaking. But all you see is hundreds of your reflections, gazing at you from the small, square mirrors.

“It doesn’t matter who I am,” the voice responds.

“Could you tell me how to get out of here?” you ask.

“I could,” the voice says. “But that would spoil all the fun. Find the way out for yourself.”

“Let me go!” you demand. “I never did anything to you. I’m getting tired of being shoved around!”

“Calm down,” the voice tells you. “I’ll give you a hint. To escape from this room, all you have to do is find the mirror with a tiny red dot in the corner. That mirror will lead you out.”

Search out one tiny red dot in all those mirrors? It’s impossible! “What if I can’t find it?” you ask.

“Then you’ll remain here forever,” the voice replies.

“But –“ you start to protest.

“Better get started,” the voice interrupts. “There are ten thousand mirrors in here.”

quote:

You peer into the nearest mirror. Your face gazes back at you. But no red dots. No dots of any color.

You examine another mirror. Then another. And another. You see a dot! No, wait – that’s a freckle.

You gaze around in despair. And then – you spy something red in the corner of the room.

You rush over to the corner. Leaning against the wall is a bottle of glass cleaner. Next to it is a rag... with a tiny red smudge on it.

You pick up the rag and gaze at it in despair.

No wonder you couldn’t find the dot. Someone cleaned all the mirrors! The red dot is gone!

And you’re trapped... forever.

Too bad. Dot’s the way the cookie crumbles!

THE END

Okay, who the hell cleaned that mirror? Does the Queen have a janitor on staff we never see? Or did some rear end in a top hat stumble into that room before us, find the exit mirror, then come back with a rag and a bottle of Windex just to gently caress with the next guy?

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
:siren:Trapped in a room full of mirrors with the only hint about how to escape removed.:siren:

Achievements
Jumping the Sharks: Escaped the school in the mirror world.

Our options posted:

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Let's split up, gang!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AweStriker posted:

Let's split up, gang!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

AweStriker posted:

Let's split up, gang!

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
Smellrose

I guess nested quotes don't work properly? Ah well. Good enough for me!

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Gang! Let's split up!

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Splitting up? What a great idea!

quote:

“You’re right!” you call to Stacey. “Split up!”

Stacey veers off to the right. Jason turns to the left. You keep racing straight ahead.

You glance back. The bull is after you! He’s so close that you can feel his hot breath on the backs of your legs. His hooves thunder louder... And louder...

It looks like the end for you. At least Stacey and Jason are safe, you think. Until Jason streaks past on your left.

A bull just like the one behind you is hot on his heels!

Hearing a scream, you glance to the right.

A third identical bull is chasing Stacey.

Somehow, the bull has split into three! And all three mad bulls are after you and your friends.

Too bad! Splitting up seemed like a good idea. But now you’re going to be split for real – by the bull!

THE END

In fact, it was such a great idea, the bull decided to try it too! Even if a bull cloning itself doesn't even make sense by mirror logic...

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
Trapped in a room full of mirrors with the only hint about how to escape removed.
:siren:Gored by a multiplying bull.:siren:

Achievements

Our options posted:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Follow our friends! Only one bull can exist then!

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Mirror in the tent

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Get out the door.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Alright, it seems like we exhausted most of our options.

Let's try the door.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

“Wait for me!” you call, dashing after Stacey and Jason. You race past the pile of boxes and old furniture in the garage. You don’t even glance at the rusted car and machinery.

Speeding outside, you jump on your bike. The twins are already way down the street. You pedal as fast as you can for your own neighborhood.

After a few blocks, you glance back. Whew! No sign of Professor Shock. You’re home free.

When you reach your house, you grab some cookies from the kitchen and head upstairs. You feel like relaxing for a while. You slip on your Walkman headphones. Then you pop in your favorite tape and lie down on your bed to listen.

That’s when you remember the broken black box in your pocket.

quote:

Sitting up, you pull the two halves of the box out of your pocket and examine them. One has a single red button on it. The other half has eleven buttons. Nine are black, with mysterious symbols printed on them. The last two are white. They’re labeled REWIND and FAST FORWARD.

You twist the pieces in your hands. How do they fit together?

SNAP! The two halves click into place. Wow! There isn’t even a crack where the break was. The box looks good as new. It’s clearly some fancy kind of remote control.

Should you return it to Professor Shock? you wonder.

Before you can decide, a green laser beam shoots out from the end of the remote. The end that’s pointing toward you.

quote:

ZZZT! The laser beam bounces off your Walkman.

The music suddenly grows louder.

Quickly, you turn the volume down. But the sound keeps swelling. It’s hurting your ears!

You switch the Walkman off.

The music plays on! It blares in your ears, so loud you think your brain will fry!

Dropping the remote, you try to yank the earphones off your head. But they won’t budge. It’s as if they’re glued in place.

“Help!” you cry. But you can’t even hear your own voice.

The music is so loud your whole head is vibrating. Your eyes feel as if they’re about to pop out. You’ve got to do something. This is dangerous!

Think! you urge yourself. Your Walkman went crazy right after you put the remote together. Maybe if you break it apart again, the Walkman will leave you alone.

Or maybe you should try pressing one of the remote buttons.

Better decide quickly – before your brain explodes!

Try to break the remote apart on PAGE 80.

Press one of the buttons on PAGE 31.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
:siren:Remote:siren:

Bad Endings
Trapped in a room full of mirrors with the only hint about how to escape removed.
Gored by a multiplying bull.

Achievements

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Press a button.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BUTTON

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Pushing buttons got us into this mess, and by God, it'll get us out!

quote:

You snatch the remote off your bed and punch frantically at the buttons. Your finger lands on one of the black buttons.

A second later, the awful, blasting music stops.

Silence! You never knew how great it was!

For a while you simply sit there, shaking. Then you examine the Walkman. It looks the same as it always did.

You peer at the remote. That green ray that came out of it. Did it really make your Walkman go crazy?

You cross to the other side of the room and point the remote at the Walkman. Cautiously, you press the button that seemed to turn the Walkman off.

No green ray. But the Walkman blares on instantly. The music is so loud that you can hear it clear over on the other side of the room. Even though it’s coming through the earphones!

Quickly, you press the button again. The Walkman shuts off.

You examine the remote more closely. What are all these buttons for? Especially that red one...

Do you dare to find out?

quote:

Taking a deep breath, you punch your finger down on the red button.

The remote lets out a short, high-pitched buzzing sound. But your Walkman doesn’t turn on. In fact, as far as you can tell, nothing happens.

“What a rip-off,” you grumble and press another of the black buttons.

All the lights in the room blink on!

You hit the button again. The lights go off.

A third button controls your TV. A fourth turns your model train on and off. Even though it’s made of wood!

Cool, you think. Professor Shock’s box is some kind of Super-remote!

That reminds you. The remote does belong to Professor Shock. You know you should return it.

But maybe you don’t have to return it right this minute. You’d really like to show it to Jason and Stacey...

What do you think? If you choose to return the remote to the professor right away, go to PAGE 83.

If you'd rather show it to the twins first, turn to PAGE 11.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Remote

Bad Endings

Achievements

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Show it to the world!

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Hey, guys! Check out what we stole found!

quote:

You decide to show the remote to your friends. Why not? You can return it to Professor Shock tomorrow. You stuff the rest of your cookies into your pocket for later. Then you bike over to Jason and Stacey’s house.

The twins are on their back porch, where Jason is building a model plane. You tell them about Professor Shock’s gadget.

“You mean it can turn any machine on?” Stacey asks.

“No way,” Jason sneers. “No remote works on everything.”

Jason needs some convincing. You point the remote at his half-made model plane and press one of the black buttons.

The model plane soars into the air!

“Hey!” Jason cries. “How did you do that? That plane doesn’t even have a motor!”

You find that you can control the plane’s motion by holding down the button. So you make the plane turn. Dip. Roll.

“Cool!” Jason declares. He’s convinced.

Then the plane suddenly turns in the air. By itself.

And dives straight at you and the twins!

quote:

The plane is aiming straight for your head. Eek! You stab your finger at the remote button that controls the plane.

The plane merely picks up speed!

“Duck!” you yell. You and the twins dive off the porch.

KAA-RUNCH! The model plane slams into the side of the house. It’s completely wrecked.

Jason turns to you angrily. “Why did you do that?”

“I didn’t,” you protest. “Really! It wasn’t me. It was the remote. I think maybe it has a short circuit.”

“You mean you broke it?” Jason shakes his head. “Professor Shock is going to be really mad.”

“Hey, I know!” Stacey breaks in. “Our uncle Jack has an electronics repair shop in the old mall. I bet he can fix it.”

“The old mall?” you repeat, a little nervously.

You’re not supposed to go there. After the new mall opened, most of the stores in the old mall went out of business. The whole building is going to be torn down next month. It’s a dangerous, deserted place.

Still, you’d really like to get the remote checked out before you return it to Professor Shock...

“Let’s go,” you say, and climb back on your bike.

quote:

You, Jason, and Stacey ride out to the old mall on the edge of town. As you draw near, you begin to wonder if this was such a good idea. The mall looks even worse than you remembered! Weeds sprout from cracks in the pavement. Several of the windows are boarded up.

"Why is your uncle's store here?" you ask the twins.

"He's trying to sell it and retire," Jason tells you. "But no one wants to buy it. So he's kind of stuck."

"Uncle Jack's store is on the third level," Stacey calls over her shoulder. "Let's cut through the garage." She veers down the driveway into the lower level of the parking garage.

You and Jason follow. Privately, you wish she'd gone around the garage. Sometimes you wish Stacey wasn't so fearless.

Like now. It's pitch-dark in the garage. So dark that you have to climb off your bike. You can't ride if you can't see where you're going!

Are Stacey and Jason still with you? "Guys?" you call.

"Here!" Stacey calls. Her voice comes from your left.

"Over here." That's Jason. On your right.

"Behind you," a deep voice says in your ear.

Yikes! Who's that?

quote:

“Wh-who’s there?” you stammer.

“Never mind that. Just give me the professor’s remote control,” the deep voice growls.

The remote?

How does Deep Voice know about Professor Shock’s gadget? Did he follow you to the mall? Your mind races. You don’t know!

But you do know you can’t give up the remote. If Deep Voice wants it so badly, it must be even more powerful than you thought. You’ve got to get it back to Professor Shock!

“Yaaah!” you shout and shove your bike backward.

CRASH! CLANG! BANG!

“OWWW!” Deep Voice bellows.

“Grab hands and run!” you order the twins.

Holding hands, the three of you stumble forward. You can tell by his heavy footsteps that Deep Voice is close behind you.

Then, dead ahead, doors suddenly swish open. To reveal a small, lighted, wood-paneled room.

An elevator!

No time to wonder how it knew you were coming. You dash in. The doors close. The elevator starts to rise.

A moment later, an alarm bell rings. The lights go out. And the elevator lurches to a stop.

quote:

“We’re stuck!” Stacey cries. “The elevator was a trap!”

“Help!” Jason yells.

“Stay calm,” you say, even though you’re starting to panic. You grope in the darkness and press the elevator buttons.

Nothing happens.

“Can we climb out?” Stacey suggests.

“Too dangerous. Try the remote!” Jason tells you.

Hey! It might work. After all, the elevator is a machine. You pull the remote out of your pocket.

You hold it in both hands. So many buttons. You can’t tell which ones are which in the dark. Should you press the button under your right thumb? Or the one under your left?

CRRREAKKK!

The elevator sways. Then drops three feet!

You all scream.

“Come on!” Stacey urges. “Choose a button now!”

You’ve got a fifty-fifty chance of getting it right. The odds are even. What about you? Are you even or odd? Count up the letters in your first name.

If you have an odd number of letters, go to PAGE 135.

If you have an even number, turn to PAGE 70.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Remote

Bad Endings

Achievements

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Page 70

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Leraika sure is an odd name.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

I've had a forum name change since the last time we were asked this, and will you look at that I'm on Team Even now.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You press your left thumb down on one of the remote buttons.

The lights in the elevator blink on. You hear a faint whirring sound.

Slowly, slowly, the elevator begins to drop.

“But we want to go up,” Stacey complains.

“Who cares!” Jason cries. “I just want out of here!”

The elevator bumps to a stop. Something makes you tuck the remote into your pocket just before the doors slide open.

You’re back in the garage.

Someone dressed all in black is standing in front of the elevator. Someone huge. This guy makes Shaquille O’Neal look like a midget!

A hat pulled down low hides his face. But you know it must be the person who chased you before. Deep Voice.

He reaches toward you. His black-gloved hand looks big enough to palm a beach ball.

“Give it to me!” he growls.

quote:

Deep Voice looms over you, his hand outstretched.

You gulp. Any chance you can bluff your way out of this? “Give what to you?” you ask, trying to sound innocent.

“The remote control, dimwit!” Jason cries.

“Jason!” you groan.

“I don’t have time to explain,” Deep Voice says. “Trust me. You must give me Professor Shock’s remote!”

“Maybe we should trust him,” Stacey whispers.

You aren’t sure. Maybe it would be better to try to run.

“Hurry! There’s no time to lose,” Deep Voice insists.

If you give Deep Voice the remote, turn to PAGE 119.

If you'd rather try to run, go to PAGE 124.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Remote

Bad Endings

Achievements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
Smellrose
Sure, let's give the macguffin to the weird scary huge guy. What could go wrong?