Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Coldforge posted:

The Chargers game is the no-starters-at-all game four, unfortunately. Tends to be hot till around 7:30 or 8:00 this time of year, though again, the shady side isn't awful. The smoke in the air is starting to get bad and probably going to get worse, but it may be slightly better at Levi's since it's sorta near the marshlands (then again, that may make it worse since the smoke can just drift south across the water? I dunno, I'm not a smokeologist).

They do have a team museum that's pretty cool, sometimes it's open and free to visit in preseason. You can also see the future site of the Dwight Clark statue, or as we refer to it at the moment, "that wall over there."

Edit: Oh, they just added Salt & Straw ice cream to the stadium menu, so if you don't mind paying $18 for a single scoop in a cup, that'll help keep you cool.

Yeah I'm gonna wait till the week of to buy in case the smoke is bad / worse.

Salt & Straw opened two locations in Seattle earlier this year, plus I had them in Portland. Didn't know they made the trip south. I paid an arm and a leg for a custom ice cream sandwich at Safeco once, so I'm not above doing as such...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

Wait, is that real because if so :eyepop:

So they basically did no site environment review because the land was cheap enough to use? Why wouldn't you at least make some basic redesigns? The climate difference between Candlestick and Santa Clara is...well, you know.

Until now I never really understood how one could cheap out on a $1.3 billion stadium. That place is the new FedEx Field.

Yes that is actually what happened. Jed York is a horrible idiot.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Uber but for football stadiums

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
It’s really unfortunate because it’s such a good looking stadium. Great for concerts and college games in the off season, and NFL games late in the year. It’s just totally wrong for July, August, and most of September.

They’ve been talking about “looking into” a way to add shade. The local government hates them, so I’m not hopeful that even if they do invest the time, money and find someone with the expertise to design it, the construction will actually be approved.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
It’s the billionaire version of the goon zip line and I will never get tired of hearing about that dumb stadium.

A couple people have already literally died from it right?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

It’s the billionaire version of the goon zip line and I will never get tired of hearing about that dumb stadium.

A couple people have already literally died from it right?

There was one old guy who had a heart attack, but that might have been after seeing the concession prices. No one that I know of has died from the heat or sun: they’ve just fervently wanted to.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Give the gays 25% of your tickets free of charge and you'll get all the shade you need

folks,

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
So much for that hope.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-unable-add-shade-levis-stadium-drop-price-bottled-water

quote:

After soliciting the opinions of numerous architects and civil engineers, the 49ers found there is no reasonable way to provide shade for those who sit in the sunny seats on the east side of Levi’s Stadium

“Let them eat drink water at a reduced price.”

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

"reasonable way" = "costs less than like maybe $50k or whatever" I presume

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
You could probably rent out a twitter bot/troll farm for about 20k to front as a bunch of lovestruck nerds to tweet at Elon Musk that he should swoop in and solve the shade crisis in Santa Clara and he'd do it.

Only catch is there's only a 50% chance whatever he delivers works. And if it doesn't he's gonna call Jimmy G a pedophile.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

You could probably rent out a twitter bot/troll farm for about 20k to front as a bunch of lovestruck nerds to tweet at Elon Musk that he should swoop in and solve the shade crisis in Santa Clara and he'd do it.

Only catch is there's only a 50% chance whatever he delivers works. And if it doesn't he's gonna call Jimmy G a pedophile.

This is the been thing you've ever posted.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Lol "Sorry guys, we can't reverse engineer an awning, sorry about the heatstroke"

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
i am very here for jed york hate

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

"reasonable way" = "costs less than like maybe $50k or whatever" I presume

We have determined that stretching a large tarp across the top of the stadium would not in fact have a measurable impact on user comfort.

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

Jed York continues to amaze.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

put the 49ers on mars

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

hifi posted:

put the 49ers on mars

I'd say no magnetic field is a bit worse than no shade. poo poo, might as well say move the team to Arizona.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the cardinals have a very nice roof

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
The lack of shade was York's grand finale gently caress YOU to the team's loyal, fog-acclimated fanbase.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

hifi posted:

I'd rather go without than pay for it by defrauding tens of thousands of college students :shrug:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

hifi posted:

agreed, i couldn't imagine ever attending a game (let alone a preseason one) at the old asu stadium.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
make a sunroof out of the blockchain

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
So we've got the Rams playing in three hours and the 49ers/Seahawks playing at 7 (not each other, obviously) on the west coast as far as the NFC West. Tomorrow at 7 is the Cards.

Do we do individual GDT's for preseason games?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the elon musk roof is going to have eight foot panel gaps and sit in a shipping yard for a year for tax credit purposes

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Play posted:

So we've got the Rams playing in three hours and the 49ers/Seahawks playing at 7 (not each other, obviously) on the west coast as far as the NFC West. Tomorrow at 7 is the Cards.

Do we do individual GDT's for preseason games?

No, we don’t need separate threads to laugh at each other for watching preseason games.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Coldforge posted:

No, we don’t need separate threads to laugh at each other for watching preseason games.

That's what I figured, get all the sarcastic comments and self-hate into one thread

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm working in the evening and will miss all the hot and sexy Austin Davis action :(

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It will be complete by the end of the season, and demand fans come in during the off-season to try it out.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Musk can't fix the tarp situation, he's too busy not getting those boys out of the cave and not fixing the Water Crisis in Flint

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1027641719930540032?s=19

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Ah, here we go, a visual representation:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

On game days they should just rent two or three blimps and position them to put those seats in a shadow.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Its Northern California, there's 3% humidity just deal with it lmao

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I work at an office that's an official partner with the seahawks but the suits are such squares they wont let us wear jerseys on fridays unless there's a home game on the weekend. So not today, no mnf's, no aways, no thursday games.

I didnt know away games didnt count my first year here and people looked at me like i was gonna get them all executed when i came in lmfao

Cant wait to wear my ET jersey in.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I dont want to out them or anything in case some prick wants to dox me someday but it's a real partnership with services for the team too, not some licensed bullshit.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

imagine being so concerned about performative fandom that you'd be upset about what days you can wear your jersey to work

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Coldforge posted:

Ah, here we go, a visual representation:

The top of the e in The in "The $5 seats" is where my seat is and it fuckin bakes hoo doggie. If you drink too much it's immediate nap time up there.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Leperflesh posted:

imagine being so concerned about performative fandom that you'd be upset about what days you can wear your jersey to work

We dont even get normal rear end casual fridays I'd wear a ray lewis jersey in if it got me out of a goddamn collar for a day

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Spoeank posted:

The top of the e in The in "The $5 seats" is where my seat is and it fuckin bakes hoo doggie. If you drink too much it's immediate nap time up there.

This used to mean something entirely different, and better, when they played at Candlestick.

(though Levi's is still better than Candlestick, flaws and all :black101:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

We dont even get normal rear end casual fridays I'd wear a ray lewis jersey in if it got me out of a goddamn collar for a day

When I got my most recent IT job so I could wear shorts and t-shirts to the office, I was so incredibly happy!

I only wear my Seahawks stuff for the regular season tho :unsmith: