Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I just check Zana, then do her daily and check zana if she levels or I level. I'm very laid-back about it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

ThePineapple posted:

How does everyone progress through the Atlas in a non-painful fashion? I feel like I either have to spend a bunch of time grinding lower leveled maps in hopes of the right connected map dropping, or I have to spend 5 minutes for each map that I don't have to sift through afk traders and try to buy the map. I've just gotten to maps with my flashback character and I feel low motivation to go through the same process. My incursion character is up to T13-T14 maps and I'd like to try beating Shaper before Incursion ends so I can probably push through the last few map tiers, but when the next league rolls around I don't know if I'd want to do it again...

Ask for trades in the goon guild, e.g.

Looking for T6 Castle, Forest, and Maze, Can give you a T6 X Y or Z

It's a lot easier for the low level stuff that's worthless once you're in red maps, which is also the harder stuff to get from traders. Alternatively, search traders for maps you want and set a minimum price of 1 or 2 C - people might just be ignoring you because they don't want to leave a map for 1 Chisel

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Don't forget you can vendor three of a map for one of the next tier up. Its not necessarily financially worth it at the higher tiers but it's much more reliable than running things for ages and hoping for the connected map to fill out a tier.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

ThePineapple posted:

How does everyone progress through the Atlas in a non-painful fashion? I feel like I either have to spend a bunch of time grinding lower leveled maps in hopes of the right connected map dropping, or I have to spend 5 minutes for each map that I don't have to sift through afk traders and try to buy the map. I've just gotten to maps with my flashback character and I feel low motivation to go through the same process. My incursion character is up to T13-T14 maps and I'd like to try beating Shaper before Incursion ends so I can probably push through the last few map tiers, but when the next league rolls around I don't know if I'd want to do it again...

It was a lot better before they introduced the map tab. Back then people would dump Tier 9 and below in gstash; now you have to beg for them.

Map acquisition strategies:
1. Check Zana
2. Ask in guild chat for anything low. At least the map tab means it's easy for people to pick up and store them, so there's mountains available among the guild
3. Offer trades for everything T10 and above
4. Search for the map you want on the official trade site, and then turn on live search. That way you're messaging people that are hopefully still standing in their hideout after having just stuck the map in their tab
5. Install PoE on your work computer and spend time at the office buying all the maps you need at once, then run them once you get home

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Guild chat, and by that I mean mez, is the best way I've found to get maps I don't have.

Seriously, mez has everything ever all the time. Dude's ridiculous and is individually responsible for around half of my progress in Incursion.

thanks mez :buddy:

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

theshim posted:

Guild chat, and by that I mean mez, is the best way I've found to get maps I don't have.

Seriously, mez has everything ever all the time. Dude's ridiculous and is individually responsible for around half of my progress in Incursion.

thanks mez :buddy:

no problem!

Elder orb question - I finished my 15 memories last night - can i jump straight to shaper or do i need to add the guardians to my atlas ? I was hoping to skip removing them all this time around but can't find an answer

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
You don't need to kill guardians iirc just open a shaper set

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Filling out my atlas is one place where I'm glad to be a slow leveller. By the time i'm hitting maps with my first character, theres some goon whose already pushing shaper and has a shitton of lower tier maps just laying around. Buy all the white maps from him at once and run them. Run all the yellow maps that drop, buy the remaining from another goon (or same goon). Same with red maps. Seriously, buying all the maps in bulk completely saved my league.

Shoutout to all the goons who sold me maps in bulk this league, especially TMuldoon and Mez.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Use the poe currency map look up. Or path of exiles official version. Might have to spam more than one person but it doesn't take 5 mins to get a map. Unless you move like molasses when using a computer.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
hi

I haven't really played this in like 4 years, I only tried it a bit at launch. I installed it recently and it's actually a lot of fun? Anyway, I started again because there was talk of a level sync feature some time ago, is there an ETA for that?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
So is the new league announcement today (9th Aug 2pm PST)? I never know which time stamp they are using when they post.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Tai posted:

So is the new league announcement today (9th Aug 2pm PST)? I never know which time stamp they are using when they post.

Yeah its in like 3 hours.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Truga posted:

hi

I haven't really played this in like 4 years, I only tried it a bit at launch. I installed it recently and it's actually a lot of fun? Anyway, I started again because there was talk of a level sync feature some time ago, is there an ETA for that?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2163379 are basically all we know right now, and whether or not it shows up in 3.4 is up in the air afaik. Assuming the screenshots aren't just photoshop mockups I'd be on them coming in 3.4 instead of 3.5 though (so a few weeks from now instead of a few months from now).

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Truga posted:

hi

This was me as a few months ago. This game is loving bonkers good now.

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

dyzzy posted:

You don't need to kill guardians iirc just open a shaper set

You were correct was able to get the orb by killing shaper with 15 memory fragments compelted

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

https://pathofexile.com/delve

Our latest expansion features an infinite dungeon and socketable currency items

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

heres the correct trailer btw since they have the incursion one up by accident https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-YabwBiPxk

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

The flares remind me of nets, but other than that, looks sweet

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

toxic rain looks like a cross between rain of arrows and caustic arrow

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
They put sockets... on the currency?! The madmen!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Can't wait to sell any Reliquary keys I get again.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
an infinite loving dungeon?! :allears:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

"Unique boss is augmented by player choices"

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Love the idea of endgame content that eventually scales beyond the current atlas.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Love the infinite dungeon concept, dislike the darkness gimmick.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Uh I guess Bubonics are going legacy. That probably means Tombfists are too.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Oh poo poo reliquary keys again :getin:

gonna get me a vinktar's motherfuckers

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nice.

I've been wanting an infinite dungeon ladder in this game for a while.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
drat digging that idiot's crop top.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I'm definitely going to try out that new Dominating Blow.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i see einhar in those pictures

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

out of curiosity are there any infinite dungeon arpgs that are good?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Vasudus posted:

Uh I guess Bubonics are going legacy. That probably means Tombfists are too.

Those are not legacy uniques, those are old league uniques, there's a big difference.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Awesome! posted:

:yaycloud:

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Awesome! posted:

As much as I disliked Bestiary, I miss "STUPID BEAST!" being shouted every now and then.

nerox
May 20, 2001
I guess an infinite dungeon is a way to shift speed meta to tank meta, if the rewards are good enough that killing deeper delve levels outweighs quickly clearing earlier levels.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

I was thinking about doing a minion build as a starter and the amount of crafting control this brings just made me more :getin:

Also, I told myself I didn't need another supporter pack goddamn that Stalker weapon mtx.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

nerox posted:

I guess an infinite dungeon is a way to shift speed meta to tank meta, if the rewards are good enough that killing deeper delve levels outweighs quickly clearing earlier levels.

Assuming the fuel amount on your drill isn't time based

Also I don't think there's legacy gear in these reliquaries, just old league uniques.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006

Keru posted:

As much as I disliked Bestiary, I miss "STUPID BEAST!" being shouted every now and then.

Just shout it randomly yourself, works for me.

Also, please share your favourite rare monster names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Skyl3lazer posted:

Assuming the fuel amount on your drill isn't time based

Also I don't think there's legacy gear in these reliquaries, just old league uniques.

Yeah, these are different keys than the ancient reliquary keys that were around during legacy league.