Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Pixelate posted:

What will the penalties be for piloting in swimwear?

-1 Fidelity
+2 pee anywhere not even in a bathroom

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

tuo posted:

It acts like a bonfire in regard to the Dark Souls-inspired game mechanics, plus you can rearrange your main and side deck of cards there. Also the place where you upgrade/change the skill tree, plus removes debuffs from beeing stinky.

Well that's pretty good then. :)

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
YOUTUBE: DaGaimez - 3 REASONS I left STAR CITIZEN and WHY I’M BACK!

DaGaimez returns to creating SC content after a two month sabbatical. He throws one elbow at Ship Sales, another at sponsored streamers, and then states his intent to be an “unbiased voice” in the Star Citizen ecosystem.

It’ll be interesting to see if he can make this work. He’s going to have to stop those ship give away and referral code plugs if he wants clean optics. Particularly if pointing out the sponsored streamer bias is going to be a recurring point of criticism.

Sillybones posted:

This guy seems way too intelligent, skilled and motivated to be taken in by this scam.

Jade is a $10k+ whale who describes herself as “just another college girl exploring the universe.” Throw a rock at CitizenCon, you’re likely to hit lots of gals like that.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Aug 10, 2018

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

ship rental prices looking good

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The Titanic posted:

-1 Fidelity
+2 pee anywhere not even in a bathroom
I get sad sometimes this game is never going to be anything, since all this high fidelity could have led to some great reddit posts.

Just imagine someone getting up from their seventy minute space flight to realize "SOME drat GOON" pooped in the middle seat of their Terrapin. (And it's always a goon, of course)

Also goons in swimsuit corpses bouncing off their many strutted cockpits and the resulting posts would be fantastic too. The inevitable consequences of goons squatting in your air intake.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Actually, supporting P2W in Star Citizen is a way to fight slavery in 3rd world countries.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Poor "THAT" Kazan, the longer this goes on, the sadder picture of his real life emerges. He's also now a persona non grata everywhere he posts on Reddit. Any sane person would have just packed it in by now and moved onto to an alt account, but he just keeps doubling down on his pathetic claims of being an authority on every subject known to man. He really needs a fidelilicious all-encompassing second life in space to retreat into where he will be respected for being a space whale.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
That Kazan is Chris Roberts

:eyepop:

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

LOL this is some beautiful zealotry. For 150 dollars you can shoot a laser at a rock on a barren procedural moon + Chris Roberts consistently broken promises for some far off pie in the sky future = Star Citizen > Eve +every game that has or will ever exist.

Even calling it an Alpha is disingenuous, it implies that there is a game that just needs testing and polishing. An Alpha build is feature complete and fully playable. We keep referring to it as a broken tech demo because that's really the only way to describe it. "Here's less than 1% of the promised planetary bodies and locations, some discordant high polygon count art assets ripped from other IP's and a few boring and janky "tier 0" implementations of things that we promise are coming and/or will be 100% better and more fidlilicious in patch X.X."

Yet the backers will continue to spread the good the word and try to make it look like there is a whole universe out there waiting for anyone who opens their hearts and wallets to Chris Roberts.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Mirificus posted:

Space_addict

My motherfucking women harassing star citizen white knighting favorite commando is back!

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

The Titanic posted:

What's the gameplay mechanic this brings to the table?

If SC actually and competently focused just on spaceship gameplay, I could see things like this being amenities that would allow you to charge NPC passengers more for passage on your ship, and maybe your NPC crew would have to maintain them. You then could walk around your ship and see your passengers using them or your crew doing maintenance. It would add a sense or immersion.

In reality though some group of space whales will sit in it for 5 minutes and try to roleplay being space tycoons before the water physics crashes the game, and then never use it again.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Worst hot tub ever. How are you supposed to get a back rub or hand job with those weird bench parts between all the seats?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Tokamak posted:

:lol:

Man, ship rentals and grind for credit purchasing is so not happening this year. Not in 3.3, not in 3.4.

In all the hubbub about P2W pull-quotes from Chris’s RTV appearance, his song and dance around that topic got largely passed over. But no way is it coming this year. They’ve got to maximize their Q3 and Q4 Sales and they know turning this on could hurt revenues, create bad headlines and roil the community with specifics. So he and Erin probably have to finishing getting their real estate revenue pivot plan together first.

“I’m hoping for exactly that; the ability to buy ‘condos’ around the Verse.”

https://twitter.com/StuartGTLeaver/status/1027706784939692032

https://twitter.com/TunerSteveTV/status/1027636710866382855

https://twitter.com/TunerSteveTV/status/1027648187992100865https://twitter.com/TunerSteveTV/status/1027648294401519616

Reported them all for FUD. They are dismissed.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Aug 10, 2018

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Pixelate posted:

An innate 5% chance of slipping every step you take. This is modified by a factor of 3 when user is running.

Sticky clothing. Shirts, shorts, etc will not only cling to the user, but they will be unable to remove them for a duration of [to be added later] minutes. The user can pay a small fee to acceleratw this timer.

When operating any electrical device, user has a 3% chance of mis-keying something and a 0.5% of receiving an electrical shock. If the player is shocked [and argon level is high] user has a 0 001% chance of dying outright. Due to a glitch in code, the current rate is 100%. [This feature is offline until further notice]

A special status will be imposed on users who have recently exited their pool, allowing them to covertly relieve themselves qithout raising any suspicion. [Stealth mechanics and rescue/retrieval missions -- Potential use? Discuss further with Tyler at later date]

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Loving the fidelious faces, can't wait to see all the real breathing people in the 'verse

like this guy, who is literally a mouth breather, and his expression never changes

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

Tokamak posted:

Wow, looks like they added a 0 to the end. Conveniently, subscribers get plenty of REC.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

quote:

I can’t defend this game anymore.

I am a huge fan of the Roberts bros and always will for giving me the best games from my childhood. I still play them as they are the most fun and immersive space combat story driven games ever. Only Tie Fighter holds a candle to it IMO. However I backed SQ42 years ago. This has become something I no longer recognize and it keeps expanding. It’s like when you have a modded game system with thousands of games and suddenly find yourself playing none or them because it’s overwhelming. They aimed too high. As much as I loved the idea of Roberts not having a publisher I now see that he needs a deadline to succeed. He met every deadline with Origin and EA and somehow pumped out amazing games. Hell Wing Commander 4 had just over a year to develop even though it used some assets from WC3 they quickly upgraded nearly everything and did it on an impossible timeline.

I just want SQ42 to be simple, fun, mission based, with crewmate interactions between missions. None of this other stuff. SC seemed cool at first but now it looks like it’s going to be empty as all hell. The few areas they fleshed out have taken years to still not complete so how are they expecting to dish out hundreds of space stations and cities etc?

I will always be a Roberts fan but I will never preorder a product from him. It’s not that he is a scam artist. Honestly if he was he would have just released the game as is and fired his whole team in order to take the money and run. Funding for SC is very low these days so reall guys this isn’t a scam.....it’s just a guy who aimed way too high and now is being buried in quick sand and can’t find a way out. Really sad to see this as such a respected man in the industry has now tarnished his reputation.

This was my dream game....he really let me down. I’m not disappointed for the $100 I invested years ago. I’m disappointed because after all these years I now accept that I will never get that Wing Commander successor I dreamed of since high school.

:negative:

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Pixelate posted:

Apparently Space Addict will masturbate to you

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate
I forgot I uninstalled Diablo 3 after looking up why the game was so stupidly broken hard in some points. Apparently they patched this pretty quickly.

It was because Jay Wilson had found the highest level of difficulty the internal Devs could do and doubled it. Pretty sure the meme "and then we doubled it!" will haunt him forever.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Making my list for the Purge...

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

In which Space_Addict attempts to woo a lady

https://www.reddit.com/r/creepyPMs/comments/8pwtnz/guy_repeatedly_insults_me_in_home_defense_thread/

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

*spends most of the week grinding REC in a game mode that nobody plays in order to rent a ship for... a week*

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Welp, I think I've seen enough internet for one day

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

star citizen AND nofapping? there is no shade of blue dark enough for this guys balls

side note i had no clue people chose to live their lives by that seinfeld episode with the contest

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Awesome! posted:

star citizen AND nofapping? there is no shade of blue dark enough for this guys balls

side note i had no clue people chose to live their lives by that seinfeld episode with the contest

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Awesome! posted:

Is this bad enough so that I can get a refund from Lowtax?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Okay, but how did anyone know it was him?

"The term(negging) has been popularized in social media and mainstream media. The opposite is pozzing, whereby one pays a person a compliment in order to gain their affection."
I thought 'pozzing' was when you have the AIDS and give it to someone who doesn't have it to fulfil a sexual fantasy.

Edit:

Nevermind, I am out.

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Aug 10, 2018

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Maybe I'll come back when the fat man dies and we can all laugh

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

:allbuttons:

where is that montoya quote about the average star citizen backer

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Awesome! posted:

:allbuttons:

where is that montoya quote about the average star citizen backer

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
:yikes:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Twerk gets Seinfeldian:

Setup and Punchline

From the comments:
"You need to buy the new best (ship.)"

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Yes the death and rape threats were all me and my hundreds of alt-accounts, and I am myself just a Derek Smart alt which has gone on so long that it has become a full fledged multiple personality in Derek's head. I've even used the collectivist deep state to tighten EU consumer protections in the anticipation of refund lawsuits, which will also be brought to the courts by my alternate identities that backed in 2012 and are playing the long game.

It's Goons all the way the down...

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Sillybones posted:

Okay, but how did anyone know it was him?

https://www.reddit.com/r/creepyPMs/comments/8pwtnz/guy_repeatedly_insults_me_in_home_defense_thread/e1b7tg5/

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
:nono:

Thread is bad again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Q-tard. Christian. Incel. Literal motherfucker.

You truly can be anything in the 'Verse.