Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

DoombatINC posted:

Inaros is a powerfully utilitarian frame, with top tier tanking, fantastic crowd control and some clutch healing. Baro will be here this weekend starting tomorrow, so grab the quest if you haven't already!

Inaros is the best, except in Sanctuary, which stripped his buff every round last time I checked. There I prefer Valkyr for the same thing. Same for Index because I don't think armor is affected by Financial Stress the way health is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

crazy vauban ideas

Roll Tesla into Mine Layer and buff the hell out of all of them. Make Tesla do low moderate damage at high level, make it chain, make it fire faster and be deployed at least as fast as it was before, make the charging mechanic up the damage, number of chains, and give a very high status chance. Make the Trip Wire wrap people up on the ground bola style for a couple seconds, giving slight energy back to players who melee them or some other utility. Give the bounce plate more charges, maybe make it give a movement buff on use or so other small QoL thing, maybe auto reload the currently equipped weapon. Double the range and damage of the Shred mine. Make it remove even more armor and for longer and give it some use against Corpus, maybe given it a slight cool down timer as balance, Vauban should be made of tools he rotates through. Cause the Concuss mine to make people take finisher damage from melee attacks. Give them all bonus effects when effecting enemies also caught by his 3 and 4.

Keep that as his 2 and give him a new 1. Something that also has synergy. Like a deployable custom corpus shield drone that has different special interactions with targets caught by his mines, bastille, and vortex. Or an offensive drone that will try to lock down an area another little deployable Vaub-ball, similarly with synergy with the rest of his kit.

To slightly tweak the new passive he just got just make all targets caught in any of his CC take 20 or 25% more damage from all sources.

His 3 and 4 don't even need to be touched, other skills can just have synergy with them. If his mines were better and fun, and if he had another skills that linked everything together, helped out teammates, or was just fun to use, Vaub could be a lot of fun to play.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Aug 10, 2018

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

If Vauban had a loving turret like TF2 Engineer he'd be perfect, but they don't want to do that for some insane reason.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It would devalue the Xiphos's airdrop turret :I

The tesla is literally a tiny turret though.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Does anyone have a link to that massive post with all the eidolon information in it? Can't see it on the first page...

Also amps. Where do you even start?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

you start with the worst one ever.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Synthbuttrange posted:

you start with the worst one ever.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Is there anything I should be doing after finishing TWW? I'm kind of pootling around the star map, slowly unlocking Sedna, looking at Eris and wondering if I can be bothered, then looking at the focus tree and trying to work out how to use lens'. I tried onslaught and it was just killing waves of enemies until you run out of efficiency? But I didn't seem to get ay rewards for it really? I feel like I was doing it wrong?

I've heard of Eidolons, and the Quills, but no idea what on earth either is or how to find out. I've got the sortie unlocked at least, is it easy to run? Or should I be trying to team up with people?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

CODChimera posted:

Does anyone have a link to that massive post with all the eidolon information in it? Can't see it on the first page...

Also amps. Where do you even start?

this one?

Cpt Stabbin
Jul 16, 2003

I ride zee boat and take it in zee poopah!
Shout out to FunkyFjord. I was running radiant Neo B5s in pub. Was down to my last one and asked in clan. Funky joined and we got it on his, first try. I had already ran 5 with pubs.

Was going to build the banshee prime system. Missing one drat Argon. Who saved my day again, Funky finds me one. Warframe goon clan, best goon clan.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Vauban used to feel very good, because you would use the teslas in random positions around a defense, and the teslas would one-shot stuff. Really good specially for mobile defenses against infested. Almost unfair and lol worthy, because it leave teammates with nothing to do. Gravity wheel would be some dps nuke you would use for lols, and the area control thing another thing you use has a oh poo poo button and to make things more manageable.
This was 3 years ago.

I have no idea what happened. I think the changes to damage, armour, the introduction of eximus. Teslas don't one-poo poo stuff, at least with normal mods.
And when really tanki mods appear, are useless. So you use your crown control abilities more. These CC abilities are really obsolete now. Nothing can shot trough gara wall, or frost bubble. Gara wall or frost bubble can stop a infinite number of mobs. Gara wall or frost bubble last forever. ... Is like vauban CC tool was supposed to be a oh-poo poo button.

Buffing pure damage for the teslas may risk making them too powerful. So giving them some utility would suffice. Make teslas charge friends shields. Make teslas apply the status effect of vauban equipped weapon. Have teslas optionally orbit vauban like a shield / doing a damage reduction thing.

I dunno. For 2018 warframe is a kind of meh frame. Maybe the rewords should give him something crazy and fun to spicy it a bit.

Edit:
Are all the guides for Ivara wrong? To test limbo, I did a spy mission where I just walked around the laser. Everyone spot me hacking the terminals. I activated the alarms. Completed A, B, C. But got a Ivara part. I was surprised because the guides says to get a Ivara part you need to hack the 3 terminals withouth activating alarms.

Also Ivara would be a great frame to get Ivara. But I think I will master limbo since seems getting spotted and having alarms start is not a problem (???).

Tei fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Aug 10, 2018

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Alarms don't matter for drops, so long as all 3 vaults are completed you can get an Ivara part.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Ash or Loki are best to do spy missions undetected because of invisibility. I think Loki is best if you don't want to be detected because of his moveset, whereas Ash is generally better at ninja murder.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

What good rifles and secondaries are there at MR5? I'm getting tired of the tetra and cestra combo, as good as it was for me.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Primaries that you got at MR 5 that are worth looking at are Ignis, a flamethrower; Kohm, the unholy fusion of a shotgun and a gatling; and Sybaris, a burst fire lever-action rifle.

Secondaries you got Atomos, a pocket flamethrower that also chains from target to target and the Kulstar a kind of cluster grenade launcher pistol.

There are a some thing that are recommendable that you unlocked on previous MRs, but these are all guns you unlocked on MR5.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
So I recently started using the Obex punch gloves.

They are good.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

Magus42 posted:

Hm, random question: can you forma an exilus slot?

As someone mentioned before, you can, but what wasn't mentioned is that you can't swap that polarity around. It's permanently on the exilus slot until you use another forma to change/remove the polarity. The same rule applies to auras.

Polarize exilus slots at your own risk.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Also, do not polarise umbra slots. You can't (currently) get them back.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

This week's Baro might be the worst set of items I've ever seen.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

njsykora posted:

If you were on PS4 you’d get to say that every week!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

njsykora posted:

It may be worth picking up a Primed Morphic Transformer in preparation for eventual Railjack. Possibly even two, since it's possible it will become part of the meta and the price will spike hard.
A long time to hold onto them first though.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
Is there an up to date best in slot/tier list for weapons?

How much of a difference is there between a vanilla weapon and the prime version?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

xanif posted:

How much of a difference is there between a vanilla weapon and the prime version?

The difference between a regular and prime version can be pretty big if you ask me. I don't have much experience with the entire game, but a bow like Cernos vs Prime is very different (The Cernos Prime shoots 3 arrows instead of 1)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Lumpy posted:

If you were on PS4 you’d get to say that every week!
Hey now, we've got tempo royale and volt / Aklex relics!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

xanif posted:

The difference between normal and prime weapons is pretty huge. Usually it's most noticeable on status and crit chances, for example the Braton has a 6% status chance, while the Braton Prime has 26%. Pretty much every prime weapon will be better than its normal variant, then stuff like Wraith, Prisma and Vandal variants tend to be more like sidegrades (the Braton Vandal has lower status chance than the prime, but a higher crit chance and higher accuracy).

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Arglebargle III posted:

Yet flying around in soup is no problem.

You can jump into sharkwing in ur anus survival.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
So on Xbox, I finally killed an eidolon with two random pubbies. We got the last hits in as he was inches from disappearing. It was the most insanely tense fight because we all had never killed one. Great poo poo, can't wait to do it a million more times.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

So on Xbox, I finally killed an eidolon with two random pubbies. We got the last hits in as he was inches from disappearing. It was the most insanely tense fight because we all had never killed one. Great poo poo, can't wait to do it a million more times.

Last night I did this with goons.

It is very different. Still exciting, but violently faster.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
On a similar note to what guns to use at MR5, what guns should I use at MR 13+? I've been using the Hek since MR4 and ever since the 200% multishot mod it's kinda been just fine at deleting anything I point it at, any shotguns a straight upgrade to it besides the tigris and are there any good rifles for level 80+ enemies I should look into?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

On a similar note to what guns to use at MR5, what guns should I use at MR 13+? I've been using the Hek since MR4 and ever since the 200% multishot mod it's kinda been just fine at deleting anything I point it at, any shotguns a straight upgrade to it besides the tigris and are there any good rifles for level 80+ enemies I should look into?

Astilla. Corinth. Kohm. Arca Plasmor. Opticor. Ignis Wraith. Lenz is also a ridiculous warcrime weapon that will easily handle high level mooks.

Get Sancti Tigris from syndicates too if you haven't already.

it dont matter fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Aug 10, 2018

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Best Guns for MR 10+:

Amprex

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Pooncha posted:

As someone mentioned before, you can, but what wasn't mentioned is that you can't swap that polarity around. It's permanently on the exilus slot until you use another forma to change/remove the polarity. The same rule applies to auras.

Polarize exilus slots at your own risk.

CorPro is a - and aren't all the exilus mods an =?

Weremacht
Nov 4, 2002

THE ONLY THING THAT TURNS ME ON MORE THAN A MONKEY IN A FURRY SUIT IS SPOILING PLOTS

njsykora posted:

two color palettes, an armor set and a pose

you're a fool

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

OK but both those palettes suck rear end though.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012

WebDO posted:

CorPro is a - and aren't all the exilus mods an =?

Quite a few exilus mods (including the majority of the drifts) aren't.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Baro's back, as previously mentioned.

Do not buy:
buzz kill, sweeping serration, maim: these are physical damage mods and they drop from eidolons now. Any regular dolon runner probably has a dozen of them and will give you one for free.

Do buy:
Quanta Vandal: It is a top-tier gun since the beam rework

Consider buying:
Primed Morphic Transformer: Archwing sucks, getting archwing mods sucks, this will give you a decent power strength mod for your archwing.
Sands of Inaros: If you don't already have it, Inaros is a great frame.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
What frames’ll treat me right in Chains of Harrow? Will I mostly want hordeslaying? Stealth? Durability? Single-target shitwrecking?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

What frames’ll treat me right in Chains of Harrow? Will I mostly want hordeslaying? Stealth? Durability? Single-target shitwrecking?

Durability and a decent gun.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I can only assume that the archwings contain some kind of shielding and life support which is how you can survive in space / underwater.

yeah this is mentioned in the mag p codex entry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I have a bunch of BPs for Archwings and their weapons, but no parts ever drop. Do they only come from syndicate rewards?