Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

TheLoneStar posted:

I mean he interacted with the dead Castle Oblivion members more than Axel, or at least about as much, before they left. Granted, Marluxia and Larxene especially were extremely unpleasant.

It's even worse in Dream Drop Distance where he drops like, three of his lovely catchphrases during the course of the game. And naturally each and every time it's just as forced as always. It's even worse worse in the Days movie, because thanks to all the skipping around we'll see him say "Got it memorized?" about five times in as many minutes.

But...they didn't invite Roxas for Ice cream! :v: I don't think Marluxia is unpleasant. I think Roxas hates Lexaeus since right after that his monologue says "The Organization has some good people and bad people." Guess Roxas doesn't take being punched so well.

The movie really suffers from the Disney worlds being cut. I don't have an excuse for Axel Lea just spouting out his catchphrases like he got a quota to fulfill or something.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Man, I really need to get back into DDD one of these days. I haven't even gotten to any of the KH plot nonsense, and it sounds like it's peak Nomura from the tidbits I've picked up. All I remember is barebones Disney plots, having to go through Traverse Town far too many times, and some boss that killed me like 10 times in a row.

What is the boss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Music: Sacred Moon

Oh, good to see you, ,too. You're welcome, thanks for the kind words.
I'm told Namine has gone missing.
There one minute, gone the next. I don't know how she got out.
You searched every room, I expect?
You're kidding, right?
That's like counting grains of dust in a building full of sneezing people.

Pretty much true. I mean, have you seen how many floors are there? Don't get me started with the number requirements...

What about the chamber? Did you find it?
Come on, I would have told you that much.

BBS reference (or foreshadowing) here.

I gotta hand it to you...
You were right. About Marluxia, the traitors... You knew exactly what was up.
All I did was find a place to send everyone who was getting in the way.
Well, it's nice to know where I stand! Sheesh...
Did you come back in one piece or didn't you?

*Saix begins to leave*

That's how you wanted it, right? I'll play it your way...for now.

What? Why am I a slap on the wrist!?
Well, they just know how much I loath babysitting...
Oh, thanks!
Would it kill them to give me a day off? Look at these bags under my eyes.
Pfft. All right, c'mon, partner.
Right behind ya.

Roxas seems happy for the mission. I'm definitely not.

It's just a Hearts collection mission, right? :shepface:

Music: A Day in Agrabah
Music: Arabian Dream

Potion. :sigh: We have 40 of them already!

He wasn't here the last time I came by, that's for sure.
Hmm...
Grr... Well, I ain't givin' up till I find a way in!
And once I find the lamp that's stashed down there...
Heh heh heh... All my wishes'll come true.

Kinda late for that, Pete.

He thinks some lamp is gonna grant his wishes?
Yeah, strange guy.
Change of plans, Roxas! Our new mission is following Lunkhead there.
What? But...we're out on heart collection. Won't we get in trouble if we just-
Looking into any suspicious characters you come across is an important part of the job.
But wouldn't you still call it disobeying orders?
No, I'd call it flexible thinking. Got it memorized?

No.

Plus, we'll still have plenty of time to collect hearts afterwards. No harm, no foul.
I guess...
Good, then we're agreed.
Now the key here is to keep your eyes on him, Roxas. Just make sure he doesn't lay eyes on you, follow?

Wait, are you saying... :pray:

AXEL!!! :argh:

:sigh: So we're doing a loving stealth section. Great.

Pete will walk around and search some walls. That means his view might suddenly move, so you might get caught in it. If you get caught...

(Ack!) *runs*
I coulda swore somebody was watchin' me... Next I'll be jumpin' at my own shadow.
Grrr... Great! I had to go and lose my place! Now I gotta start lookin' from the beginning.
Hmm, he's sharper than he looks.
Be careful not to let him out of your field of vision, Roxas. And obviously you'll need to stay out of his.

Then why aren't you helping?! This is your idea in the first place!!! :argh:

So we have to start over from the beginning if Roxas get caught. :sigh: Just stand behind Pete at all times and you'll be fine. Mostly.

Oh, and if you're trying to kill Pete with magic (which might be possible since his HP is so low), you will get caught instantly and have to start over.

Eventually, Pete will move on to the Agrabah Gate, which means we can explore freely.

Potion. :sigh:

At least Pete moving on to another area means that we basically got a checkpoint for if we get caught.

To be honest, it's not actually that bad. You got a leeway of 1 second before you fail and have to start over. The game is even nice enough to give you the range of vision.

But still. Screw you, Axel. :argh:

Roxas, we wouldn't be investigating if we knew all the answers.
Bingo!
Heh heh heh! I finally found it!

*Pete enters the door*

A hidden door in the middle of the city? Why? Where does it lead?
I think our friend there is about to show us.
Keep tailing him. And try to be subtle about it.

Shining Shard. At least it's not Potion? :confuoot:

Of course. Wouldn't be Agrabah without this.

I'll say. This is a nice little bonus.

We're back to Potion.

So, what now?
Guess we'll have to give up for now. Switch back to heart collection.
You don't want to look for him?
Nah. I would've liked to know what he was up to, but hey.
Just finding out about this cave is enough of a feather in our cap for today.
Plus, searching a place this big would be a royal pain.
What happened to this being an important part of the job?
Like I said, flexible thinking.
Ha ha. Oh, I see...
Hey, let's just get this mission over and done with.

Heartless will finally start appearing. And we can finally do our actual mission.

This means that we can knock over this pillar just like what we did with the box. Speaking of the box, there's one here too. There's one exit, but it's closed and too high. To proceed, we need to:
1. Move the box from the top right to the bottom right.
2. Hit the lever in the bottom right.
3. Move the pillar from the bottom left to the top left.
4. Move the box from the bottom right to the top left.

So we have to move the pillar/box across the room 3 times.

I miss High Jump...

And there's an unknown machine that we can't do anything about right now.

Now we're in a room with platforms that we can't reach.

It's an Elixir! Wait, no. It's just a Potion.

After defeating all the Heartless in this room, this Large Armor appears.

Attacking it with a finisher will make it fall. Then you can just use Fire. Its only hitbox is on the head, so it's hard to use Fire when it's standing.

As for its attack, it's just a shockwave after jumping and a spinning hand attack after getting up. They're very easy to avoid.

The mission itself isn't that long, but we're not done yet.

This switch makes some of the platform moves vertically, so we can platform upwards.

There's this unknown thing that Roxas won't acknowledge now. I'm sure it won't be important.

Anything that's not Potion is fine by me at this point.

The next room has a lever that opens the door on the other side. We obviously won't be going there, since...well...there's a chasm.

Beside the treasure there's nothing to do here except one thing...

Apparently falling from a chasm isn't fatal. No wonder they aren't afraid of eating on top of the tower.

The last of the Heartless are here, so let's get grab the treasure and head back.

I have run out of things to say at this point.

On the way back, new Heartless appeared. Not actually new, but they weren't there.

Yup.

Music: At Dusk, I Will Think of You...

KH 358/2=179 Days of Falling Salty Diabetes
Twilight Station Tower: 13
Sea-Salt Ice Cream: 20

Yeah? Well you are, too.
Me? You think? Guess he musta rubbed off on me...
Huh? Who did?
Heh. Let's just say you can thank yourself that we get to sit here again and laugh like idiots over ice cream.

Thus begins the days of Axel hiding things from his friends.

I guess Xion's not gonna show today.

Magic LV2 does...um... I'm not sure what it does exactly. But we finally have Cure! :toot:

New reports:

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Oct 7, 2018

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
would Magic Level 2 not make Fire Fira?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The -ara/agas are different spells with different effects that we'll come across later, no? Or is that Re:Coded? I think this just turns fire into level 2 fire, which does more damage.

1234567890num posted:

What is the boss?

I think it was the Sora version of Riku's first Traverse Town boss. Something I'd beaten earlier in the game and had to fight a harder version of, at least.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Onmi posted:

would Magic Level 2 not make Fire Fira?

Nope. All magic variants (like Fire/Fira/Firaga) have different effects and each has their own levels. Fire homes in on enemies, Fira shoots straight, and Firaga is lobbed. So you can have Fire LV 4, Fira LV 5 and Firaga LV2 in a mission. As to what the levels actually do, :iiam:

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The -ara/agas are different spells with different effects that we'll come across later, no? Or is that Re:Coded? I think this just turns fire into level 2 fire, which does more damage.

I think it was the Sora version of Riku's first Traverse Town boss. Something I'd beaten earlier in the game and had to fight a harder version of, at least.

I think the damage is the same. I never notice any while playing.

Yeah, Sora's boss rush in Traverse Town is poo poo. The boss are designed for (new) large areas and it sucks to fight them in (old) small areas.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
It's sad when Re:Coded's magic system was better than this. Heck, CoM's magic system is (slightly) better.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I thought Riku was the one who got the boss rush?

berryjon posted:

It's sad when Re:Coded's magic system was better than this.

Well, Re:Coded's magic system was basically just BBS'.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

berryjon posted:

It's sad when Re:Coded's magic system was better than this. Heck, CoM's magic system is (slightly) better.

CoM's magic system trumps both this and Re:Coded in my opinion. I still don't understand what levels affect in Re:Coded and melding there is complicated (if you want to make a new command). This one is still better than Re:Coded, though.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I thought Riku was the one who got the boss rush?

Sora and Riku both have boss rush. Riku's is located in the end of the game with Nightmare, Xehanort's Heartless (I usually called him Darksem), Young Xehanort, and Armored Ventus. Sora's located in the middle of the game (during revisit to Traverse Town) with Hockomonkey (Sora version), Wargoyle (Sora version), and Char Clawbster (Riku's boss originally). Sora's version sucks even more than Riku's.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Wargoyle! That's the fucker! I think I managed to beat him once and then got killed by the third boss, but Wargoyle is definitely the enemy that ended my run. I definitely had both Sora and my sidekicks criminally underleveled and lost interest in the game at that point, but I'd give it another shot if I knew where both my 3DS and copy of the game were. I might also have been playing on Proud mode.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
For all the flack Re:CoM and Re:Coded get, I still call them better games compared to this. I mean, yea, both of them are basically "Lets retread KH1 again for people without a PS2" but...eh...I feel they did better as GAMES, specially since 358/2 did a LOT of repeating missions.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Kemix posted:

For all the flack Re:CoM and Re:Coded get, I still call them better games compared to this. I mean, yea, both of them are basically "Lets retread KH1 again for people without a PS2" but...eh...I feel they did better as GAMES, specially since 358/2 did a LOT of repeating missions.
They have better stories too.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Axel. You seen Number XIV?
Xion? Hmm...
Now that you mention it, no...
It's been days now... Ten days, at least...
Wish I could help, but I took off for C.O. almost as soon as Xion joined us. There's a lot I missed.
I feel bad. I promised we'd all get together for some ice cream.
The two of you are friends, right? Tell ya what, I'll pick Saix's brain, what I can find out.
Thanks, Axel.

The Magic LV 2 is actually a level doubler. Putting one type in it turns it into LV2. Putting two of the same type turns it into LV4. Putting three of the same type turns it into LV 5 since that's the max level. I don't actually know what the LV do, but I don't think it's damage upgrade. In my experience, for Cure it gives a Leaf Bracer effect (invincibility while healing) with the effect lasting longer the higher the level. Don't know about the others, though. Increased chance of status effect maybe? :iiam:
Oh, and the levels apply to all of that type of magic, so in this case all Blizzards are LV2, not just one cast.

We get a choice. I'm mostly going to say yes, so I won't show the choice unless I say no.

Take this in exchange. (Obtained: Frost Shard)
That's all, Roxas. Get back to work.

This is a good trade since we have less Frost Shard than Blazing Shard. Wish Xaldin would tell us what he'll give us beforehand, though.

Our second Disney World! :toot:

New Music: Waltz of the Diamond
New Music: Dance of the Darling

*Roaring sound*

What was that roar?
It came from inside... Maybe it's the Heartless I'm after?

No, it's just the most useful temporary party member. In both KH1 and KH2.

I guess I'll find out. Time to head in and take a look.

The Bad Dog is new. It can bark or bite, but both have very small range so it shouldn't be a threat. Magic is pretty effective.

The left chest has Block LV+ while the right chest has Frost Shard. The Block LV+ can be linked to Block to increase the level. I also have no idea what the level does.

We can't go to the castle through the front door. And there's no other entrance available.

You need to move the statue to the circle. Thankfully, the statue isn't very far from the circle. The position in the pictures is their initial position. In fact, it's so close you might even not recognize that they have to be moved! The game certainly doesn't tell you what to do here.

By the way, the chests have Ether and Potion.

After smacking all the statues in to their place (that came out wrong), the door will open.

It just has a small room with Soldiers. Soldiers attack by kicking Roxas and sliding into him. Block works well. Or you can just kill them before they can do anything.

The switch opens up a linear path to another switch.

See above comment.

Here's the map of this new area. We came out in the bottom left. The first switch is at the left end of the curve. It opens up the curved path, which has the second switch at the other end. The second switch opens up the small portion of the area in the right containing the third switch. The area under the curve is the one that opens last with a chest containing a Hi-Potion.

It only has one exit, so let's go there. Guess where it leads...

Good thing there's no fall damage in this game.

Both staircases and the Ballroom are sealed. We're never going to visit the Parlor, so all we can do is unbar the door.

Music: Tension Rising

The Sergeant can do a spinning kick. It can also do a quick kick which I can't capture.

Blocking its spinning kick will make it fall and vulnerable.

And that's it. Total pushover.

Well, actually it has one more trick: It won't stagger unless hit by a finisher. Thankfully, the current Keyblade only has 2 hits for its air combo, so it's not a big problem.

*Roaring sound*

Huh!? What was that? Another Heartless?
Or...something besides the Heartless? Hmm... Well, Saix's orders were to RTC as soon as the mission was done.
I'd better call it a day.

Note: Roxas won't actually go back to the castle. Now to actually unbar the door.

They just fade to black instead of showing Roxas removing the bar. :effort: This leads back to the Courtyard.

Twilight Station Tower: 14
Sea-Salt Ice Cream: 21

I hope Xion's okay...

This one is a pretty painless mission. And we got a Backpack out of it! :toot: They kinda miss the joke of calling it Rucksack instead.

New reports:

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Oct 7, 2018

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Wargoyle! That's the fucker! I think I managed to beat him once and then got killed by the third boss, but Wargoyle is definitely the enemy that ended my run. I definitely had both Sora and my sidekicks criminally underleveled and lost interest in the game at that point, but I'd give it another shot if I knew where both my 3DS and copy of the game were. I might also have been playing on Proud mode.

Yeah... That boss rush is definitely not well designed.

Kemix posted:

Re:CoM is definitely the best game out of those three. It's broken, sure, but it tried and it's innovative with amazingly many sleights. I actually rank this game above Re:Coded because even though this one has repeating missions, some of them are actually fun. Re:Coded System Sectors stuff is tedious. At least with Days you play a bit, complete a mission in like 20-60 minutes, then feel accomplished before going into another one and you can skip some missions if you don't want to do them. In Re:Coded you have to go to the worlds and fight stuff which would be great and all, but then it gives floors of System Sectors with multiple floors that you can't save in between (I don't remember if there's a quicksave function or not). Not to mention the challenges and bets in them that's necessary if you want to get the good prizes. I'm not complaining about the gameplay changes, though.

TheLoneStar posted:

They have better stories too.

Can't argue with this, though. Obviously Re:CoM's story is the best out of the three.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Isn't Riku more useful than Beast in KH2?

Though, you do get him really late in TWTNW.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Isn't Riku more useful than Beast in KH2?

Though, you do get him really late in TWTNW.

I suppose Beast and Riku are tied in first place. Riku is available only at the very end of the game where the only one left is Xemnas. And I found Dark Thorn to be harder than Xemnas on Critical Mode mostly because Dark Thorn is so early in the game that you don't have many tools yet.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Sorry... I was up late. Couldn't sleep.
I asked Saix about Xion.
And?
Your friend was sent out on a mission but never RTC'd.
But...why not? Shouldn't the mission be done by now?
I dunno. But we'll find out what happened soon enough.
Why's that?
You and me get to track Xion down. That's our mission today.
You mean it!?

I don't think Saix will let him do that.

...Yes, I mean it! Hurry up and get ready, will ya?

Each backpack panel gives an extra 2 items that can be collected.

We're running out of space for the abilities on the top screen. And we finally have something to link to Block.

Take this, just in case. (Obtained: Hi-Ether)
We'll go when you're ready.

Hi-Ether restores 2 casts for each equipped magic. Not bad.

See if you can cook something up out of two Potion panels. Lemme know when you're through.

This is an easy request. Those Potions we've been getting are useful for something, at least.
Mega-Ether restores 1 cast for each equipped magic for all characters. Like Mega-Potion, it's useful only on multiplayer.

Hey, you did it! Synthesis is real handy. Keep it in mind. Here you can have this. (Obtained: Combo Tech)
Would it kill them to give us a day off now and then?

Combo Tech is a synthesis material. We didn't have any, so this is a nice reward.

Hahahahhahahahhahahahahhahaha Zip Slaher :shepicide:

Music: Lazy Afternoons
Music: Sinister Sundown

Well, the mission in question was to take out a giant Heartless.
That could be anywhere.
Let's start by digging up info around town.
If we can find that Heartless, there's a good chance we'll find Xion, too.
Right.

This is a long mission.

This chest contains a Heartless. Wait, what?

Oh. This one attacks with a sound wave. It will attack immediately after opening the chest. Blocking immediately will kill it instantly.

Normal Heartless otherwise.

NO.

Blazing Shard, Moonstone and Cure Recipe (synthesis material).

There's no barrier at all this time, but there's a gate preventing us from going to the Tunnel.

Ether here. And yes, we're back to where we started. We've been to Station Heights, Station Plaza, Underground Passage and back to Side Street. Let's continue exploring.

Yes, I'm sure. I told you!
And you heard it from where again?

This sounds familiar...

Did ya see what was making it?

Looks like someone is missing. And no, it's not Xion.

A low moan?
Could be our Heartless.
Or it could be Xion-injured, unable to make it back to the castle...
I'm sure Xion is just fine. C'mon let's go check it out.

You can immediately go here, which means that I wouldn't have to make the round trip earlier. Oops :sweatdrop:

There's Posion Plants in Tram Common. The other one is in another part of the area.

The Backpack isn't enough to hold all the items. :sigh:

We then go to the Tunnel. We'll leave The Woods and The Old Mansion since we'll explore them later. The gate isn't there anymore.

No Heartless, either.
Huh? What are you guys doing down here?

Oh, that's the missing person. Isn't the mission supposed to be covert, though?

You could say that, yeah. We heard rumors of a strange moaning sound.
Strange moaning...
Oh! Are you talking about that vent up there?

Oh, I remember now! It's one of the Seven Wonders of Twilight Town. But it was Vivi that was heard in the KH2 version. Guess they had to remove his influence in this game for some reason. Poor Vivi... :smith:

What? Ugh, for crying out loud...
So...you guys lost something?
Some-ONE. A friend of ours.

I'm very sure this bit of foreshadowing is accidental.

Oh, I'm sorry. Hope you find them soon.
Thanks.
So what's your story? Why are you down here?
Me? Heh heh, that's a secret.
Hey, I don't think we've been introduced.

We already know your name. It's in the dialog box.

Um, thanks.
Sure, I'll catch you later.
Well, that was a dead end.
Yeah, all we really learned was that guy's name.
Time to hit the town again...

Back to wandering aimlessly again, I guess.

Just keep this picture in mind for later.

He said he was off on another of his "investigations" today.
He's been acting pretty dodge lately-all this sneaking around? I wonder what he's up to.
Beats me. He freaked out when I swung by the usual spot yesterday. Whatever he was looking at, he hid it in a hurry.
Hmm, now why would he do that?

There's an obvious joke to be made here but I'm not going to make it. :colbert:

I wonder where their "usual spot" is.
Guess we'll have to hunt around.

We know where the usual spot is from KH2 (and I mentioned it in an earlier update). There's plenty of things to examine there.

Somebody's scribbled some notes on it.
"Spooky Steps"? "Friend from Beyond the Wall"? Hey, this one about a moaning tunnel...
Sounds familiar, huh?
There's more. "The Doppelganger"... "The Animated Bag"...
A ghost train, a haunted mansion... There's seven altogether.

Remember that bit in KH2? The padding for the already-long prologue?

What's it all mean?
I think we know just the guy to ask. If nothing else, he seemed to know a lot about the town.

And back to the Tunnel. I guess the mission that references a filler is also a filler.

Pence... Are you sleeping? (I didn't notice the blink animations in this game :v:

Yeah, actually. We had a question.
Okay, shoot. Let's see if it's something I know.
Is anything...weird happening here? You know, in the town. I mean, there are lots of little quirks and mysteries, right? Like, say...the Spooky Stairs...
Ooohhh... So you guys are like me, investigating the town's Seven Wonders?
Uh, yeah, something like that.
Hmm...
I wasn't planning to talk to anyone about it until I'd finished up my investigation, but...
All right. I'll tell you what I've got so far.
That is, IF you can answer the following questions!
What?
They're about the town. I want to see how serious you are about investigating this place.

This one is extremely easy. Tram Common and The Sandlot are located at the bottom of Station Heights.

I showed it earlier this update.

This too. This one is actually very hard because the train only shows up sometimes.

Answer any of the question wrong

Ooh, sorry! That's not right. It's not too hard to go check, though. I'll be waiting here.

Answer all questions correctly.

Correct! All right, a promise is a promise. I'll tell you what I know.
So, I've been digging around, and I've learned that the town's Wonders are all linked!

Ooh! This is new!

In...the sense that they're all made-up. Nothing but stupid urban legends and rumors.

Oh. :eng99:

What?
Like those stairs you mentioned? Total sham. The truth about that one is just embarrassing.
Just another sleepy town, huh?
Sorry, guys. You're wasting your time. Well, except maybe for the Eighth Wonder...
There's an Eighth!?
The one about the tree. Out in the woods?

...Weird, huh? I still haven't seen it firsthand, so I can't tell you much. But people have said they feel like they're being watched there-even though it's deserted.
Pretty strange.
Wouldn't be much of a Wonder if it wasn't! I'm planning to go figure out the trick behind it later.
Good luck with that.
Thanks! Well, I should get back to my investigation. Try to keep this to yourselves, yeah?

*Pence leaves*

That was uninformative.
Maybe, maybe not.
Huh?
He said people have been feeling some kind of presence in the woods outside of town, right?
Maybe that's Xion's target.
Right... Let's go check it out.

And into The Woods we go.

There's nothing in The Woods and The Old Mansion. You can't really see it, but leaves are falling from this tree, so we strike it.

*The tree shakes*

Is...is something there?
Heh, looks like we got a live one here.

Hurry, Roxas. Don't let it get away!
Right!

But before we chase the invisible Heartless, you remember about the Zip Slasher mentioned in the briefing, right? The one we haven't seen this mission?

It's in the Tunnel, even stronger than before with even more HP. I beat it before, so I'm going to beat it again, right?

:yikes: Nope. Absolutely not. This isn't even required to fully complete the mission so gently caress that. Let's just chase after the invisible Heartless.

Music: Destiny's Force

Hey, it's that boss from Deep Jungle! Sadly, no Clayton this time.

No wonder Xion had trouble. It was blending right into the scenery.
So, where is Xion?
Still out trying to find it, probably. Well, a target's a target. Doesn't matter who takes it out. I say we do it now, before it vanishes again.
Right.
Here we go!

The Veil Lizard has several attacks. The first one is a spin attack. It's hard to dodge but deals little damage.

It can also become invisible and shoot lasers from its eyes. Just jump to avoid the light.

The invisibility can be undone by hitting it with a finisher, blocking its tongue attack, or just waiting for it to become visible again. Turning invisible would be more effective if we can't still see the Heartless in the bottom screen, though.

Yes, it can do a tongue attack while invisible.

If it's blocked, the Heartless will be knocked down, so at least Axel managed to actually help in this mission. When the Veil Lizard have 3.5 bars of HP left...

Roxas!?

Great job, Roxas. :bravo:

Focus, Roxas! We have to take that thing out first!

Music: Destiny's Force

And it's restored to full health. Roxas! :argh:

At least you get to see Axel's Limit Break. And how little damage it does.

Music: Lazy Afternoons

That looked like it hurt.

*Roxas helps Xion get up.*

I'm fine... Thanks. It's just...
You can tell us all about it-but first, let's find a place to sit down.

Twilight Station Tower: 15
Sea-Salt Ice Cream: 24

Thanks.

This is the start of Xion's hood acrobatics. Xion's hood is up whenever Axel (or anyone except Roxas) is in the same shot. It is also reflected on the portrait.

Eat up. It's gonna melt.
I know.
What's wrong? Not hungry?
You wanna talk about what happened?
We're here for you if you want to get it off your chest. Right, Roxas?
Yeah. That's what friends are for.

And without it, I can't do my job.
What happened?
I don't know. But if I don't defeat Heartless with the Keyblade...the hearts they release just find their way into other Heartless instead. I swat them in one place and they just pop up in another.
I'm supposed to be collecting hearts. Those are my orders.
Without the Keyblade...I'm useless.
Is there anything you can do, Axel?
Wish there was. But...it's just like Xion said. No Keyblade, no can do.
They're gonna turn me into a Dusk once they find out they don't need me.

You can do that?

C'mon, Axel, think of something!
Hey, I'm racking my brain here, and there's just no way to- Wait.
What? Tell us.
What if you worked double duty, Roxas?
Huh?
What do you mean, Axel?

This is why most missions in this game will be with Xion. For a game that's advertised as fleshing out the Organization members, it didn't really add that much to most other members.

Then, he can collect the hearts...
...and nobody will ever have to know that you're not doing the same.
Axel, that's brilliant!
Ah ah ah, BUT...Roxas, that also means you have to collect twice as many hearts.
I can do it.

Thankfully this doesn't affect gameplay.

You don't mind?
Of course not!
But-

Yeah! Friends have to be able to mooch off each other!

Thanks... So...Axel, does that mean you and I can be friends?
Well, yeah. Was there ever any doubt? Any friend of Roxas's is a friend of mine.
Thank you... Roxas, Axel, thank you!

You're cheating, game! :argh:

Music: Crossing the Finish Line

Air Slide is just like in other games. It lets you slide in the air.

New reports:

Extra:
Turns out that in the holo-mission version Pence has different questions.

The first two should be obvious if you've been exploring while the third can be checked easily.

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 7, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

1234567890num posted:

They're gonna turn me into a Dusk once they find out they don't need me.

You can do that?

The beginning of KH2 has Axel mention that Xemnas has been threatening him with this if he doesn't kill Roxas.

Whether he can actually make good on that threat isn't known, though he does have a scene in Final Mix where he begins to do some flashy orb thing as a threat.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The beginning of KH2 has Axel mention that Xemnas has been threatening him with this if he doesn't kill Roxas.

Whether he can actually make good on that threat isn't known, though he does have a scene in Final Mix where he begins to do some flashy orb thing as a threat.

I honestly forgot about this. If Xemnas really can do this, then Demyx is either oblivious to this or he's so lazy he doesn't even care. :effort:

berryjon
May 30, 2011

1234567890num posted:

I honestly forgot about this. If Xemnas really can do this, then Demyx is either oblivious to this or he's so lazy he doesn't even care. :effort:

Wouldn't this imply that there have been other members of the Organization in the past whom we have never seen to have been Duskified?

Also, I could have sworn that Demyx is just lazy at everything that doesn't involve stealth and recon. And those he's good at because they don't involve actually doing anything.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

berryjon posted:

Wouldn't this imply that there have been other members of the Organization in the past whom we have never seen to have been Duskified?

Also, I could have sworn that Demyx is just lazy at everything that doesn't involve stealth and recon. And those he's good at because they don't involve actually doing anything.

Yeah. Which is why I think the "turning into Dusk" thing was mostly a bluff. And if Demyx is the best at recon why don't we never got any recon missions with him :argh:.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Hey.
You ready to give this a shot?
Yeah, c'mon.

Yeah, is it a problem?
What in the world would possess you to ask at a time like this?
We're shorthanded as it is. And yet you expect me to say yes?

Thanks Axel for trying to...Hey! What are you implying here? :argh:

If you let us pair up, we can do tougher missions for you, no problem.
Hmm... Fine. As you wish.

No room for items and only 2 Cures, but with all the Potions in the chests I don't think we'll need to bring any.

Obtained: Panacea
Let's go, Roxas.

By the way, have you been filling the Bonus Gauge completely, Roxas? The Organization rewards guys who do thorough work. Give it a try. Fill the gauge for Days 51 to 57, then come see me. Saix may have something for you.

He's just asking you to finish all missions in Day 51-54. No idea why he said 57 instead of 54 since we skip from Day 54 to Day 71.

Oh, hey! You filled up the Bonus Gauge. That's great. Somebody's an eager beaver! I think Saix put together a special mission. Go ask him for the details. (A new mission is now available!)

This isn't as important as it sounds. As soon as we complete the mandatory missions and advance the day, we'll get this mission in the holo-mission. On one hand, it's great that they decide to make none of the mission missable. On the other hand, AXEL!!! :argh:

The new mission is just collecting hearts in Beast's Castle. The nice thing is that there's 2 recon missions. The bad thing is that both of the recon missions are wasted on Xion instead of the members that actually need the screentime.

Now that I think about it, the only KH2 Organization members we get until now is just Xigbar. And Roxas fainted right after that mission.

Right. Axel and I found it the last time we were here. There's a hidden entrance in the city.
Wow, how'd you stumble across that?
By accident, mostly.
We spotted somebody acting fish, and Axel suggested we tail him.
And that led you to the cave... Good call on Axel's part.

I'm still not over that stealth section.

So, you ready to go explore it?
Yeah. The hidden door's down that way. C'mon.

We don't have anything to examine in the city. They just put it to pad out the mission time. :sigh:

Nothing interesting in The Palace or Agrabah Street. Just 2 chests with Potion and these 2 types of Heartless. Nothing we haven't seen before. In Agrabah Gates, however...

I care more about the monkey that's obscured by Roxas' spiky hair.

What do you wanna do?
Like we have any choice.
Let's clear them out!
Roger that!

Just 8 Scarlet Tangos appearing 4 at a time. Yawn.

Come back here you ungrateful little ape! :argh:

(That monkey... I saw him here last time, too.)
Hey, Roxas, look...

It's a green materia gem obscured by the text box.

(Where'd he swipe something like this?)
What do you think? Should we just leave it?
It's up to you, Xion. We may not get a chance to return it, but if you don't pick it up, somebody else will.
Hmm, then I guess I'll hold onto it. It might come in handy. *pockets the gem*

Okay. Let's head for the cave.

Ether.

It's nice of the game that we don't have to move the box and pillar anymore. The door is already open.

You do have to hit this switch, though. The chest contain potion.

The platforming here isn't hard, especially since we got the air slide. It's just annoying. And the air slide button is the same as the jump button instead of the block button for some reason. It trips me up a lot of the time after playing BBS.

Now we've been around the area and nothing happens. It turns out that I forgot to examine the switch near the door. :doh:

There's a hole here... It's like something's meant to fit inside.
Hunh, it looks about the same size as the gem I found. *places the gem*

No way! It clicked right into place!
Guess that explains where the monkey found it.
If it was here to begin with, it should probably stay here.
Ready to dig a little deeper?

I don't know if that's an intentional The Princess and The Frog reference.

We've combed this whole area. What next?
Let's head further into the cave.
Okay!

So now we have to go to the box. We have to do them in order.

What is this thing?
Hmm... When in doubt...give it a good smack?

Apparently smacking it will cause it to burn. Huh.

Hey, it's another one of those blocks.
Yeah, would hitting it work?

Like I said, we have to hit them in order, so we can't hit this one now.

This floor is cracked.
Yeah, this looks like it was all built ages ago.

Another one of those blocks.
Try hitting this one.

There's no quick way of going back to the Abyss from here, so we have to go through the platforming section again. After hitting all 3 boxes...

Hunh. So the switches were for those steps.
Let's see where they lead.
Okay!

Like before, this switch will open the gate on the other side.

Only this time we can actually get to it.

This isn't the room of treasures, as evidenced by the lack of gold and this sad treasure.

What's this statue?
It's holding a jewel or something. I think that's about all we're gonna find down here.
Yeah. I don't see any more doors or switches. We must be at the end of the cave.

Spoilers: There's more area in the cave we haven't explored yet.

So what's the verdict?
Well, we searched the cave top to bottom. Let's call it a day and RTC.
Sounds good to me.

This is a lie.

Uh-oh... I know you...
Hmph! Here for the magic lamp, are ya?
What magic lamp?

Music: Rowdy Rumble
Don't try and play dumb with me!
You listen up an' listen good! That lamp is official property of Pete-that's me! Ya got it?

You're kinda late for that...

So you goons can keep your dirty mitts off!

Boss: Pete

Pete is a pushover. I just put a video of him because he's the one of the very few Disney enemies in the game.

He do has a combo that will take half our health, so he's not harmless. Just wait until after Xion triggers this move and then do 2 combos on him. Or just take the hit and then use one of the many Potions we get in this mission.

He also has a ball that will explode and cause a random status effect. This can be blocked, but can't be deflected.

I read that he has another attack, but I can't seem to get it to trigger. So here's a picture of Roxas getting air-tossed by an exploding ball instead.

Video stops here

First I can't find the dag-blasted lamp, now I gotta deal with these weirdos...

I'm outta here!

You know, Roxas, stopping people would be more effective if you do more than just yelling "Wait!"

Come on, Roxas! We can't stay here!
Yeah, you're right. Hurry!

Just barely.
So, I take it that was the guy?
The one me and Axel saw? Yeah. Pete, I think he said?
Yeah. He kept going on about some magic lamp.
Wonder what he meant.
Ah! Roxas, behind you!
Huh?

What...what am I looking at?
You okay?
Yeah... It doesn't seem hostile.
I think it likes you.
Figure that one out.
Yeah, figure that one out!

:catstare: Genie why the gently caress are you so creepy in this game...

Wh-who are you!?
Who am I? You want to know who I am!?

What I want to know is why is your model so creepy and why is your portrait so tall.

Y-yes?
Well all right, then! One personal introduction, coming right up!
The name's Genie Formerly-Of-The Lamp...but call me by my first name, kids! And this is my good friend, the Magic Carpet!

The clown honking sound effect plays when Genie introduces himself and the carpet.

:stonk: That smile...

Uh, y-yeah... Likewise.
Hey, come ON now, you can do better than that!
I mean, why so glum? Feeling a little blue? Believe me, I can relate.
No doubt.
So, uh, who are you kids?
Errr, we're...
Psst! Roxas, change the subject!
We're, umm- (Change it to WHAT?)

:stonklol:

When, all of a sudden, Carpet here decides to put the tassel to the metal and take off! Says he spotted a friend.
A friend? And that friend is me?
I know, crazy isn't it? I tag along all ready to reminisce about old times...
But I have no idea in the cosmos who you are! You sure this is a friend of ours, Rugman?
Anyway, uhh... Agrabah is that city over there, right?
That's the one! My buddy Al's hometown. Why, when we first met, Al and I were inseparable...
Inseparable?
Yep! Until Carpet and I took off on a well deserved vacation. What you might call a mini world tour.
But we got to worrying about how Al was doing...
...so we figured we'd pop back in to check up on him.
Why were you worried? Is there something to worry about?
Well, sure! It's only natural to worry about your friends.
I worried about how things were going with Jasmine, how the city was holding up...

Genie, why are you still smiling.

Well, I don't know about anybody named Al, but...
The city's in rough shape. They've been fixing it up.
Right, they keep getting hit by sandstorms.
What!?

There's also a stock sound effect here but I don't know what it's called. I know that it exists in that old cat vs dog game where they threw a bunch of stuff over the fence and try to hit each other on the heat with them.

Why do these things always happen the minute I leave town!? All right, stand back! A little magic, and I'll have this place whipped back into shape!
Your friend Al said this isn't a job for magic.
He what!?

Same sound effect here. For both times Genie actually flinch backwards extravagantly.

He said the people living there should be the ones to fix it up.
Oh... Well, if that's Al's final word, I guess that's that.
You're not going to help out?
Al said no magic, right? I'd love to just fix the place, but even a genie's got to respect his friend's wishes.
Hmm... I guess so.
We should get back, Roxas.
Yeah...
Still, I doubt he'd mind a teensy-weensy speck of help!

There we go. Now the city's safe! And with THAT out of the way... Enough stalling-who are you two?

Well, that answers that.

The game really cheats with Xion's hood. This game even fails at its own foreshadowing :cripes:.

We try.

Twilight Station Tower: 16
Sea-Salt Ice Cream: 27

So where'd they end up sending you?
That place you and me went before... Uhh, what was it again...
Agrabah.
Oh, that city in the desert.
We sure ran into some interesting characters this time, huh?
You mean Pete and Genie?
Genie sounded really worried about his friend-some guy named Al. But I guess you can't always jump in and do everything for your friends-even if you want to.
That's right. People need their space.
So then, why did Genie say he and Al were "inseparable?"
Yeah, it's not like they were joined at the hip.
Well, I think you can be inseparable even if you're apart.
Really?
Sure, if you feel really close to each other. If you're best friends.
What's it like having a best friend, Axel?

:drat: And the scene ends, just like that.

This mission has gone on long enough, so the rest will have to wait.

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Oct 7, 2018

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I guess Saïx just isn't Axel's friend anymore? He sure does a lot of killing for a guy he doesn't consider a best friend...

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Saïx is a jerk.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

TheLoneStar posted:

I guess Saïx just isn't Axel's friend anymore? He sure does a lot of killing for a guy he doesn't consider a best friend...

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Saïx is a jerk.

This.

Also, I added something I just found out in the Day 74 mission (the one where we had a quiz with Pence).

Extra:
Turns out that in the holo-mission version Pence has different questions.

The first two should be obvious if you've been exploring while the third can be checked easily.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Why are you saying the game cheats with Xion's hood? Because she has it down in shots with Axel? If so, I just read it as after Axel agreed to be friends, he gets to see the same Xion that we/Roxas do. (And then later she's literally being overwhelmed by memories and looks different at the time.)

But I've not played the game since around the time it came out, so I could easily be forgetting something.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

1234567890num posted:

Hmm... Fine. As you wish.

And here Saix is internally cheering that plans are coming together without him needing to knock some heads together.

1234567890num posted:

Yeah. Which is why I think the "turning into Dusk" thing was mostly a bluff. And if Demyx is the best at recon why don't we never got any recon missions with him :argh:.

But we do! It's just that Roxas has the mental fortitude of a piece of wet paper towel at the time, and gets roped into doing other things aside from the mission while Demyx actually does his stuff competently and off camera to set up his presence in KH2.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Oh yeah, the Organization does want her to absorb Roxas, which is undoubtedly why resident puppy-kicker is okay with the two BFFs hanging out.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

berryjon posted:

But we do! It's just that Roxas has the mental fortitude of a piece of wet paper towel at the time, and gets roped into doing other things aside from the mission while Demyx actually does his stuff competently and off camera to set up his presence in KH2.

Do we? If I remember correctly, the only recon missions we have left are 1 with Xigbar and 1 with Xaldin. I guess we'll see later if my memory's wrong. I do remember the one where Roxas got roped into stuff, but I don't remember if it was originally a recon mission or not.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

1234567890num posted:

Do we? If I remember correctly, the only recon missions we have left are 1 with Xigbar and 1 with Xaldin. I guess we'll see later if my memory's wrong. I do remember the one where Roxas got roped into stuff, but I don't remember if it was originally a recon mission or not.

Roxas' missions to Olympus involve Demyx. Roxas goes into the Colosseum while Demyx goes out the front door. There's little in the way of 'investigation' because Roxas can't say "No!" and mean it while Demyx actually stays on task in his own relaxed and lazy way.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

We still have 4 more missions to go. This one can't be fully completed now. Great.

Unlike last time, we start immediately. As in all the rings are already decreasing.

Like before, here's the map of the emblems. I have helpfully marked the ones we can't obtain with a purple outline.

The Heartless are the usual fare. The problem this time is that Xion might kill them, so you can't save them for later. Not that we can fully complete this mission, anyway.

[/img]https://lpix.org/3185567/treasure%2010.png[/img]

Blazing Shard and Moonstone. The Poison Plants are actually somewhat threatening now that there are many of them so that I can't cheese them with Fire.

There's only 2 that requires a leap of faith, both of which are shown above.

There's a Cymbal Monkey here too. It can also be used to replenish the ring.

But the ring doesn't really matter since we can't get full completion anyway. And if you're wondering why we can't...

This one is barely unreachable, so we need High Jump to reach it.

The other three... We need glide to reach them.

Cure is nice. What's the next mission?

Really? We're moving from the good exploration mission straight to the bad exploration mission? :sigh:

I'm not even going to bother putting the location of the globs.

Guess what's inside. If you guess Potion for both of them, you're right! :confuoot:

As for the Heartless, there's Large Armors. Also in the picture but hidden by the Large Armor are Loudmouths. If you remember, they can heal nearby Heartless, so kill them first.

The chest has Iron.

The box from the recon mission is back to make this mission less painfully tedious bot more painfully easy. Still appreaciated, though. The Potion inside the chest, not so much.

Agrabah Gate tried to mix it up by having Pureblood Heartless. And the former chest also tries by having a Hi-Potion instead! The latter one still has a regular Potion, though.

So that's a mostly uninteresting mission done. Let's go to the second recon mission (read: interesting mission) in this batch.

Music: Waltz of the Diamond
Music: Dance of the Darling

Right.
We'd better be careful not to let anybody here see us.
I guess.
You guess?
Yeah, I mean...last time I was here, the place seemed deserted. All I heard was- Never mind.
What?
I heard this roar. Like an animal... A big one.
Really? What was it?
I don't know. I guess we may find out today.
I guess so! Well, let's get started.

It's a big stained-glass window.

Oh, look! A downgraded miniboss. That the briefing didn't mention. You had one job, Saix! :argh:

Frost Shard.

The crate's covered in dust.
Guess it's been a while since they used this room.

Moving on, here's what the Frozen status effect looks like. Very useful for dealing with Sergeant and their huge HP (attacks dealt to Frozen enemies deals triple damage).

Ether. This mission has nice treasures so far.

The door's locked.

Take a look at the gashes on this wall. Are these claw marks?
Some Heartless that got restless, maybe?

Are these...bread crumbs?
Maybe someone laid them out as food for the birds?
Then the castle isn't deserted after all.

The chest has Hi-Potion, continuing the trend. I like this trend.

The trend has been broken...

I was able to use these statues to open up a secret passage over there.
Wow. What made you think to do that?
I dunno... Things just sort of clicked into place.

It was mostly because of the mission of finding the Sergeant and there was no way else.

Footprints?
Could be Heartless.
They're big. Whatever this thing is, let's be careful.

We can't go to the Bridge, so let's go to The West Hall.

Roxas!
I heard it too.

What did you see?
Would you believe...a walking, talking candelabra?
Oh, come on... *looks* Whoa, you weren't kidding. But...how can it...
Beats me. But it did say something about a master.
So you figure it's one of the castle's servants?
Sounds crazy, but...maybe.

If we haven't examined the other areas, this will happen.

Saix told us to avoid any ocntact with the people here.
Yeah... Let's search a little more elsewhere.

And then we're kicked out of The West Hall. But since we did investigate the other areas...

Okay, let's think this through... That candelabra mentioned something about a master, right?
Yeah, that he won't leave his chambers. Maybe whoever this "master" is has a room or something down at the end of the hall.
Wanna go find out?
What? But we-
We just need to slip by without being noticed.

I have a bad feeling about this...

You really think we can?
Well, I know we can't go back empty-handed. Saix wouldn't be too happy about that. As long as we're careful, we should be fine.
Okay... If you say so.

Great. Another stealth section. :suicide: If we get caught...

(Uh-oh!) *runs*
How strange... The light-it must be playing tricks on me... Heh heh.
Whew... He almost spotted us. We need to be more careful.

Actually it's not that bad since it's just a short trip and the alcoves near the stairs are mostly safe. Which is good because there's things there.

A bucket and a mop? I can't imagine trying to keep a place this huge clean.
Exactly. Which means they must have a lot of servants.

Why aren't the mop and bucket sentient?

The big ones are Snapper Dogs. They're just Bad Dogs but bigger and have more HP.

More claw marks...
The Heartless must be really out of control here.

Footprints...
Big ones... Heartless?
I dunno... They lead into that room back there.

Wh-what was that?
Maybe just barging in is a bad idea.

I think that's a bad idea for any covert operation, not just this particular room.

Can you get a look at what's going on inside from here?

Graaaaaaugh! How dare she not join me for dinner! This is MY castle! And it is MY wish!

:stare: Wow, Beast's portrait is terrifying. Better than Genie's model's creepiness, though.

("My castle"? Is he serious?)
Well, Roxas?
There was a...weird monster inside.
*peeks at the door* Whoa... What is he?
I don't know, but get away from the door. I don't want him to see us here.

He ate the castle's master.

He must've eaten the castle's master.
You mean he, like, took over the castle?
Hmm, wait, though... He said, "This is my castle." He sounded pretty settled in.
Then this must have been his castle all along. Beast's Castle... He must be the beast.

He is the castle's master.

It sounds like this castle belongs to him.
You think!?
He called this place "my castle." It doesn't get much clearer than that.
Ah, then I guess he must be the beast. Beast's Castle? Makes sense.

Both choices converge here. Also, can Xion read the world title card? :confused:

He must be.

He must be.
Then the gashes in the walls must have happened in the process.
That's my theory, anyway.

It's too soon to say.

It's too soon to say.
You're probably right. We shouldn't jump to conclusions.
Although, those gashes in the wall...
You think he made them, not the Heartless?
He must've been fighting something, that's for sure.

Both choices converge here.

A beast with his own castle and a candelabra for a servant...
This place must have quite a story behind it.
Well, we know what the master looks like. I think we can report back to Saix now.
Yeah.
Want to RTC?

To complete this mission fully, we have to examine all 4 doors in the Entrance Hall. I won't show all the doors since they look the same. And yes, we also have to avoid Lumiere on the way back.

Southeast door
Huh? I hear noises.
Really? I don't hear anything. Maybe you're imagining it.

Southwest door
Voices... I can't make out what they're saying.
Well, if somebody's in there, we'd better steer clear.

Northwest door
I hear rustling on the other side of this door. Who's in here? Maybe I can get a peek...
Roxas! Don't open it!
Oh... Right, sorry. We should play it safe.

Northeast door
I hear a voice... Someone's in there.
...The master insists...from Belle...
Belle?
Somebody else who lives here, maybe? We'd better stay out of this room.

The game just labels them "VOICE" but gently caress it, I'm using Honest John's portrait. As for why his portrait is in this game, it's because Prankster Paradise (Pinocchio's world) was intended to be in this game, but scrapped. There's also Gepetto's and Pinocchio's portraits in this game.

That none of them are human?

You mean that none of them are human?
Right. There was that walking candelabra, and the master is some kind of beast...
There's no signs of people living here, but I hear something behind all these doors. They might be more servants.
I wonder what happened in this castle.

That they're all human?

They all seem to be human.
Uh, Roxas... Did you forget about the candelabra and the beast who owns the place?
Well, they talk like regular people.
That's true... There is something about them. I wonder what happened to everybody.

Both choices converge here.

That's a question for next time.
Yeah, you're right.
C'mon, let's RTC.

The reward for this mission is actually doubled.

This is the mission that has to be unlocked, so let's see if there's anything special here.

Music: Waltz of the Diamond
Music: Dance of the Darling

We start in exactly the same place as before.

There's some Bad Dogs here, too. When we drop down to the Entrance Hall...

Someone's coming.
Hide.

Is that a...
Yup. A walking clock.
He mentioned a master. You think he's a servant here in the castle?
Maybe.
Well, what are we going to do? The way he's pacing around...
Yeah, we'll have to keep out of sight while we take out the Heartless.

:sigh: Apparently the special thing about this mission is that it has a stealth element in it. Great. At least both chests contain Ether.

(Uh-oh!) *runs*
How peculiar. I could have sworn... Oh well. Perhaps the master's finally driven me to distraction...
Whew... He almost spotted us. We need to be more careful.

That's what happens if we get caught. Yeah...I'll do it later. For now we'll go to The East Wing.

The left one has a Frost Shard while the right one has a Potion. And that's all in this area, which means I have to deal with stealth mission again.

Cogsworth is harder than Lumiere since he turns more often. And OF COURSE they put Soldiers on both sides.

The Ordeal Badge is barely visible on the middle of the Courtyard.

And that's it. The Heartless themselves are normal except for the two Sergeants simultaneously, but that's no problem with Xion's help.

I'm surprised there's no tower+ice cream combo this update.

New reports:

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Oct 7, 2018

berryjon
May 30, 2011

You have a couple of improperly done [img] tags there, including one Roxas Portrait and a Screenshot of a chest.

Pacing ... Pacing .... Pacing!

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

berryjon posted:

You have a couple of improperly done [img] tags there, including one Roxas Portrait and a Screenshot of a chest.

Pacing ... Pacing .... Pacing!

Fixed.

To be fair, the only required ones are the ones with Pete and Lumiere, so that's only 2 missions long.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Did a little double take when I saw Honest John's portrait pop in out of nowhere.

Anyway, is it wrong that I actually kind of like the clue-hunting, surveying missions? I think part of it may be because it's a mission that isn't just "kill Heartless" or those awful emblem missions.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Why are Beast and Belle arguing? Wouldn't this logically be a point in their relationship where they're on good terms considering she has the ballroom dress in KH1? :psyduck:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
As far as I'm concerned, "Consider it my final selfish act." is the only canon Disney thing that happens in the KH universe, and everything else can safely be ignored.

Yes, even though that happened in an explicitly fictional version of events and this is supposedly the "real" Beast and Belle.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

You didn't get the right ones, it seems. Also there seems to be a broken Pete gif in the previous update.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

serefin99 posted:

You didn't get the right ones, it seems. Also there seems to be a broken Pete gif in the previous update.

Could've sworn I fixed it. Should be fine now, I think.

TheLoneStar posted:

Did a little double take when I saw Honest John's portrait pop in out of nowhere.

Anyway, is it wrong that I actually kind of like the clue-hunting, surveying missions? I think part of it may be because it's a mission that isn't just "kill Heartless" or those awful emblem missions.

Recon missions are my favorite too, so you're not alone there. And if you hate the emblem missions and tired of the Heartless ones, you'll like the glob ones?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Why are Beast and Belle arguing? Wouldn't this logically be a point in their relationship where they're on good terms considering she has the ballroom dress in KH1? :psyduck:

:iiam: Guess it's just so Roxas and Xion know how scary Beast is? Maybe?

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

As far as I'm concerned, "Consider it my final selfish act." is the only canon Disney thing that happens in the KH universe, and everything else can safely be ignored.

Yes, even though that happened in an explicitly fictional version of events and this is supposedly the "real" Beast and Belle.

I don't remember that line. When did it happen?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

1234567890num posted:

I don't remember that line. When did it happen?

Chain of Memories I think.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

I mean when did it happen in the movie. Is it right after he rescued Belle from the wolves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

1234567890num posted:

I mean when did it happen in the movie. Is it right after he rescued Belle from the wolves?

Oh, I'd forgotten that line was even in the movie (was it?). No idea then.