Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Tekken 7 and UNIST are pretty much all I play these days on my PS4.

I'd like to check out the Lincoln Cosplayer in SFV but....:effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Labrys, Aigis, Vatista...who's the other robot girl? Is Nu a robot girl or just a girl in a mech suit, I'll confess I'm ignorant when it comes to BlazBlue lore

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

she's a fake person so does that count

edit: same for Es

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I am having so much fun with Mika in the new dlc packs compared to how trashy she is in undernight. The cherry on top is how her color 13 is Doomfist.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Yeah it’s Nu, as she has a Penny Polendina colour scheme like all the other robot girls. Es doesn’t because her RWBY colour scheme is for Ruby Rose.

Some of the colours are fantastic. Gambit Gordeau, Pharah Nu, Ragna and Jin as Elsa and Anna, Merkava as Thing 1/2 from Doctor Seuss.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
*snoopy doggly* tekken

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I haven't touched a fighting game in almost a decade and I picked up BBTag because my friends are playing it. It's fun; good god is it hard to get back into the groove of hitting buttons in the right order to actually do anything more than land stray hits.

Playing Gord/Wald at the moment but I'm not really enjoying playing Gordeau. My experience in fighting games is mostly spamming IAD j.C with Satsuki, especially in MBAC where her dash was like an unusable 34 frame long uncancellable dash that you couldn't block/attack during. With Gordeau I'm not really feeling his jumpins and I know it's really bad to always be jumping forward in general, I'm still not used to the game enough to intelligently use assists to cover for things, and all I find myself doing in games is hitting A a lot and hitting 5B from midrange.

Ironically I'm having a better time doing things with Wald if only because he can't really advance that well by design and I play at a better range with him. I mash 2A a lot with him and then bad things happen when 2A doesn't cancel into itself though.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Also you can have a team of Azrael and Yang and combo one full screen super damage punch into a second full screen super damage punch to assert dominance.

You can even give them matching outfits because Azrael’s RWBY colour scheme is Yang.

The secret to Gordeau is that the reaper spin move is the most disgusting thing in the game. Especially because it’s his neutral assist.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lord_Magmar posted:

Yeah it’s Nu, as she has a Penny Polendina colour scheme like all the other robot girls. Es doesn’t because her RWBY colour scheme is for Ruby Rose.

Some of the colours are fantastic. Gambit Gordeau, Pharah Nu, Ragna and Jin as Elsa and Anna, Merkava as Thing 1/2 from Doctor Seuss.

Yang has a baiken color.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Blake Ramlethal is awesome.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

In Training posted:

Labrys, Aigis, Vatista...who's the other robot girl? Is Nu a robot girl or just a girl in a mech suit, I'll confess I'm ignorant when it comes to BlazBlue lore

*drags big rear end encyclopedia from other room, cracks knuckles*

Well you see in timeline A,

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I beat the central fiction story mode but the last 2/3rds i stopped reading it.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Paul does enough damage its really funny to get juggled for a year and then stand up and win with one punch

https://i.imgur.com/1EjvQwa.gifv

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Blake Ramlethal is awesome.

Yeah it's probably the best palette swap in the game, it owns

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

How dare you post that without the ending.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I don't play Paul but there's nothing more beautiful than a properly placed deathfist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYYtNwyRr7c

I also know I saw a video on Kappa once of a dude coming back on a guy with full health by being in rage and hitting 3 or 4 death fists in a row but I can't find it for the life of me.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

He was so sure about a death fist for the first 4 slides

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

CRISPYBABY posted:

I don't play Paul but there's nothing more beautiful than a properly placed deathfist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYYtNwyRr7c

I also know I saw a video on Kappa once of a dude coming back on a guy with full health by being in rage and hitting 3 or 4 death fists in a row but I can't find it for the life of me.

In any other game Death fist would be some cheap rear end poo poo, but Paul owns and it is such a core part of his play style of always having it as a threat.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Real hurthling! posted:

I beat the central fiction story mode but the last 2/3rds i stopped reading it.
I'm getting towards the end of that and wow is it a mess. Feels like someone wanted to make a clumsy anime version of primer but halfway through they got completely lost in their own adlibbed technobabble and so they just crammed every bit full of random nonsense where anything goes, everything's made up and the fights mostly don't matter.

It's pretty entertaining in a goofy way but i think i prefer GGrev2's movie version of silly "maybe it all sounds completely logical and coherent in japanese?" clusterfucks. At least that one doesn't force me to play as random characters and leaves that stuff to Arcade modes where i can pick my own poison.

Thanks to this thread i'll keep an eye out for Unist's release on steam. Looks pretty great from a few tournament streams i've seen so far!

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

UNIST owns because it's kind of an airdasher and kind of not. So if you like games that are slower-paced like street fighter there's something for you but there are also ridiculous 30+ hit combo strings and assorted anime game degeneracy if that's your thing. Play UNIST.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I'd like to check out the Lincoln Cosplayer in SFV but....:effort:

They took nearly all of Sagat's power and shot it up G's butt to make him absolutely bonkers.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

They also gave him a large number of Q’s moves but less garbage apparently.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Is sagat good? Does he have stubby limbs or something stupid?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Sagat seems okay. His normals are above average for SFV but his damage output is pretty middling so he can't really use VTrigger to steal rounds. His fireballs are very nice and it's fun to kara uppercut again. I'm excited to see what Bonchan does with him.

Everyone seems to agree G is really strong, but who knows how much of that is just new character feels.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's crazy thinking that they put a character with actual fireballs in the game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The sfv thread said his fbs are safer than his normals at close range cause his buttons are real slow idk if true

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
His walkspeed is slow even by sfv standards, maybe his movement is better if you use Kara cancels. Most of his big footsie normals don't lead to much without spending resources, his combo starters are relatively stubby. His fireballs are unusually good for sfv standards but relying on fireballs may still be kind of dicey in this game.

e: or you can just do this https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/1027569211449663488?s=19

dhamster fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Aug 10, 2018

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Ultramega posted:

assorted anime game degeneracy if that's your thing.

yes

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

dhamster posted:

His walkspeed is slow even by sfv standards, maybe his movement is better if you use Kara cancels. Most of his big footsie normals don't lead to much without spending resources, his combo starters are relatively stubby. His fireballs are unusually good for sfv standards but relying on fireballs may still be kind of dicey in this game.

e: or you can just do this https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/1027569211449663488?s=19

...So, in other words, he plays like SF2 Sagat.

It's amazing how many SF veterans are baffled by a character that actually plays like a SF2 character is supposed to.

Shiki Dan fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Aug 10, 2018

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

All of Sagat's knees are unsafe, even EX.

He feels real bad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dhamster posted:

this is the first footage of sfv that has ever made me want to play it

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

That G is terrible, he literally has the ability to eat projectiles and not one attempt was made.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Shiki Dan posted:

It's amazing how many SF veterans are baffled by a character that actually plays like a SF2 character is supposed to.

Yes, he pretty much plays like SF2 Sagat. But he's still not very good, because he's not a "SFV character", meaning he can't steal rounds with vtrigger nonsense. You zone them out with tiger shots all round and DP every jump-in and then someone like Mika gets you in the corner and smothers you to death in 10 seconds.

Poor Sagat, too honest to make it.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Ultramega posted:

UNIST owns because it's kind of an airdasher and kind of not. So if you like games that are slower-paced like street fighter there's something for you but there are also ridiculous 30+ hit combo strings and assorted anime game degeneracy if that's your thing. Play UNIST.

Oh, so it's literally the exact opposite of my dream game. :v:

somebody make a game with short combos and anime movement already

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

There's a good chance you'll love it. No double jump and you can't block midair unless spending meter. Very footsies oriented as spacing really matters since 90% of the cast have slow, half screen heavy attacks. It seriously does fit between the gap of anime degeneracy and the older street fighters.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Shiki Dan posted:

I mean he does play like sagat, he just doesn't seem great in v

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Shiki Dan posted:

this makes no sense because he can't play like an sf2 character in a game where everyone can pass through fireballs.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Whats the point of jump canceling into an air combo if its only 3-5 hits long

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

That's Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax.

UNIST got Melty Blood's combos, Dengeki Bunko got the movement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/702890/BlazBlue_Cross_Tag_Battle/