Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

average age is now 32 to 40 and growing.

taxx

Jst0rm fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Aug 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
Thread, turn back.

WRONG WAY
GO BACK

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Mr Fronts posted:

Thread, turn back.

WRONG WAY
GO BACK

Sorry, we can only clip further into the ground.

Also, uggg.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Jst0rm posted:

average age is now 32 to 40 and growing.

taxx

Really want to pet this cat.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Quavers posted:

That Kazan is Chris Roberts

:eyepop:

That would explain why his dick is a thumb.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Contingency posted:

Thanks--the Zappos case cited is somewhat relevant--http://digitalcommons.law.scu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1152&context=historical
Basically, Zappos had a breach and they used their site's ToS to force victims into arbitration. The courts disagreed for a couple reasons:
Terms changed without user acknowledgment--not applicable to RSI since they make you acknowledge your acceptance.
Unilateral right to change the ToS. Basically, Zappos said in their ToS that they could change the terms at any time. As a consequence, binding arbitration was only binding upon users since Zappos could write themselves out of it and the judge decided the arbitration clause could be thrown out as it was an illusory promise. I skimmed through the current ToS and didn't see a similar "we can change the agreement whenever" statement.

That's true, the ToS change is acknowledgeable and acknowledged by the SC users.
What I thought is similar to the example, is that the acknowledged ToS seems to relieve CIG from any obligation to objectively deliver a product. They seem to be able to claim "it's in development" forever.

TheSickeningTruth
Jul 22, 2018
Page 4828 was epic, thank you Mirificus.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Only 1838 pages to go then…

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

ATV is a shitshow: Lethality

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/about-recent-atv-style/1397026

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Hunt: Showdown is free this weekend - come check it out if you're interested in a game which is actually designed with CryEngine in mind.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

TheSickeningTruth posted:

Page 4828 was epic, thank you Mirificus.

I fear for our bot's sanity :ohdear:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Saint Drogo posted:

Q-tard. Christian. Incel. Literal motherfucker.

You truly can be anything in the 'Verse.

Aspiring motherfucker, he confessed to her that he’s a virgin.

He also likes to shove stuff in his butt but it’s “NOT gay. Capitalization his.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Ewwww... AMD....

:v:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

WWWhat the F U C K? :stonk:

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

That's the worst hot tub ever. Why would you splurge on a luxury like a spaceship hot tub but get a really utilitarian, plastic one with seat dividers? Put some space-wood paneling on that thing or something.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Thread good :piss:

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

And so the sickening truths have been revealed

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Lord Stimperor posted:

And so the sickening truths have been revealed

I had no idea the truths would be this sickening.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Shut it down,these guys are clearly beyond help.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
When will this madness stop?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
/thread

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
ugh

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
10 PRINT STAR CITIZEN
20 GOTO 10

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Q. Are all Star Citizens like Space_Addict?

A. No, some of them use Nvidia graphics cards.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Dooguk posted:

Q. Are all Star Citizens like Space_Addict?

A. No, some of them use Nvidia graphics cards.

Some, not all, also shy away from incest.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beexoffel posted:

That's true, the ToS change is acknowledgeable and acknowledged by the SC users.
What I thought is similar to the example, is that the acknowledged ToS seems to relieve CIG from any obligation to objectively deliver a product. They seem to be able to claim "it's in development" forever.

Well, a finished game is the last thing the cultists want. The moment there is a 1.0, people will start comparing what was actually delivered to what was hyped, or what they dreamt up for themselves, and the difference will at least send the press into a negative frenzy, even if the cultists keep pounding the "its only 1.0 and tier 1, the really good stuff will come with 2.0 and tier 2 stuff, these things take time, and development only really started 1 year ago! Bloody goons with their FUD!"

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Some, not all, also shy away from incest.

As the Bishop of Bath and Wells once said: Ill do anything to anything. Animal, vegetable, or mineral!

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Agony Aunt posted:

"its only 1.0 and tier 1, the really good stuff will come with 2.0 and tier 2 stuff, these things take time, and development only really started 1 year ago! Bloody goons with their FUD!"

Tier 0 launch.

A lot of games try to play this angle now, actually. They call it a "soft launch" without half the promised features and claim that "development never really ends guys! More is on its way!"

Except in Star Citizen's case it won't have 90% of the promised features and be a broken CryEngine demo running at 10 FPS with basic content gated behind spaceships which cost hundreds of dollars. Call Chris what you want, but there's no denying that he's revolutionary.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Githyp: "Monster Hunter: World is Steam’s Biggest New Release of 2018 with Over 240k Concurrent Players Online - Half a Year After Its Console Release, Monster Hunter: World is Still Topping the Charts"

PC Gaming is saved? :confuoot:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I fear that Mirificus bot has gained sentience and is trying to hurt us for what we have done to them.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
PC GAMER: I spent a day killing and stealing from players in No Man’s Sky and all I got was a bunch of guilt

quote:

ONE LAST HEIST

I wanted my last job to be high-risk. I wanted to steal from someone while they were present at their base instead of on the other side of the solar system. I warped into a system and immediately heard a couple players discussing resources and refineries. And they were standing right in front of their base. Perfect.

I stood around suspiciously for a while as they worked and chatted with each other, then I sauntered into their base alone and found the only item inside, a save point. I pocketed it. A moment later, as I was headed to the exit with the save point in my inventory, one player asked the other, "When was the last time you saved?"

"It's been a little bit," the other replied. "I saved when I built that save point."

They were actually discussing the save point I had just stolen and was leaving their base with. The heist just got real. It kicked into higher gear when one player entered the base to try to use the save point I was walking out with in my backpack.

Okay, it technically didn't kick into any gear, high or low, but it was pretty funny as they discovered their save point was suddenly missing. You can watch my daring heist below, or here on YouTube, and I'd suggest both sound (so you can hear them talk) and full-screen (so you can see what I'm typing to them in text chat). They were good sports.

Youtube version

As I headed back to my singleplayer lifestyle to retire, I noticed that my teleporter now lists the random players' games I invaded as destinations. Presumably if I can use my teleporter to visit their planet bases, they can do the same and visit me? I wonder if I'll be working on my base some day and someone will come through to reclaim their stolen save point.

I'll be ready if it happens. I've got plenty to spare.

Murray, it’s time to start selling base insurance...

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Sandweed posted:

I fear that Mirificus bot has gained sentience and is trying to hurt us for what we have done to them.

Or for what we have done to him. Programmed to submarine in the brown sea for years can make a bot angry.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Remember when Diablo III had a real money AH and Blizzard had to shut it down in order to salvage the game which turned out to be the worst of the series in no small part because that thing had existed?

"worst of the series"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo_III#Reception

D3 fastest selling PC game to date

One of the best selling PC games of all time

30 mil unites sold as of June 2015

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Bayonnefrog posted:

"worst of the series"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I think a lot of people don't realize that the game was basically torn down and rebuilt. Its development trajectory mirrors FFXIV.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Baxta posted:

I forgot I uninstalled Diablo 3 after looking up why the game was so stupidly broken hard in some points. Apparently they patched this pretty quickly.

It was because Jay Wilson had found the highest level of difficulty the internal Devs could do and doubled it. Pretty sure the meme "and then we doubled it!" will haunt him forever.
that "doubled it" quote stems from a huge underlying problem in online games: the players

in this case, there was an endless stream of "don't make diablo 3 for console kids" and "I want something HARD AND CHALLENGING" and "only a few people should get good equipment" and for some reason good ol idiot jay really, really bought into all that

however, as its been shown about a zillion times, the louder people are about "difficult content" the less they actually play it. so when they realized that group actually made the game too hard and that legendaries were trash and that a basic cookie cutter builds were going to dominate, they left because they really don't understand how hard hard really is

the other contingent, who was making huge loving bank off the AH, said things like "no, no the game is perfect! we need to keep the AH! we need the difficulty to keep out idiots and console players! this is our chance to show them what PC gaming is about!!"

seriously, this is why the backers of star citizen aren't unique, they're just another flavor of the online gaming "elite" that wants to feel special somewhere (and potentially make a shitload of real money)

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Bayonnefrog posted:

"worst of the series"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
they've really turned it around, but there's no doubt its first year it was absolutely garbage

its super fun to play nowadays tho

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

TheAgent posted:

they've really turned it around, but there's no doubt its first year it was absolutely garbage

Can confirm it was poo poo. It doesn't even feel like the same game now. Anyone who owns it and uninstalled due to first year blues would be well-served to give it another go.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
btw the rumormill is floating around that the next diablo is going to be a 3rd person action game, akin to Warframe

the slapfights over "they've ruined muh diablo" should be interesting, if nothing else

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

TheAgent posted:

btw the rumormill is floating around that the next diablo is going to be a 3rd person action game, akin to Warframe

the slapfights over "they've ruined muh diablo" should be interesting, if nothing else

"Hellgate: London 2" sounding good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

G0RF posted:

Jade is a $10k+ whale who describes herself as “just another college girl exploring the universe.” Through a rock at CitizenCon, you’re likely to hit lots of gals like that.

"Trust me, I study this" - throws out ESI.

Almost surprised 'M Class' wasn't mentioned.

TheAgent posted:

Especially on the PS4, and once you start figuring that it's about optimizing gameplay, it comes into it's own. Start maxing out the gems and the screen becomes a bullet-hell spell disco.

I bounced off the PC version hard, but it really suits sofa play.