Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

yegods posted:

Yes, Vorici is the worst. His quests seem designed to gently caress with people making powerful multi-target builds -- which is freakin everyone.

Only if you don't know how to kite poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I will be out of town for the first 4 or 5 days of the next league, so I assume I'll get booted from the guild. Might end up taking some time off since I haven't even been able to get motivated to level a guy to 35 for the prize box in the current flashback.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
remember vorici "kill 0 guards" quests

I do

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
I mostly don't hate Vorici missions since a) kiting, and b) my build has two active skills, one for clearing packs and one for single target (because of boss fights, Vorici missions, and the fact that I leech better off physical damage than elemental), but I ESPECIALLY love how enemies in his dailies seem to stay at stupidly low levels for the longest time (seriously I'm level 81 and doing yellow maps but the enemies are still level 63 or some dumb poo poo like that), so stuff like "leave the target at low life for ten seconds" will still fail if the last hit I let myself land has the sheer audacity to trigger a bleed or something.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 10, 2018

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

yegods posted:

Yes, Vorici is the worst. His quests seem designed to gently caress with people making powerful multi-target builds -- which is freakin everyone.

Okay I'll just carfully target this one monst

gently caress

AAAAHHH!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Idea: CI Saboteur w/ Darkscorn, Incandescent Heart, and the new chaos rain of arrows thing.

Global blind, 25% physical taken as chaos, 25% elemental taken as chaos, 75% outgoing physical converted to chaos.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
The best build for Vorici missions is Essence Drain/Contagion, but any build can easily manage them by removing gems most of the time.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I can't believe they actually called it Azurite

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

pork never goes bad posted:

I can't believe they actually called it Azurite

To be fair, it's a real mineral

Although I do agree it's a bit awkward when you know the next wow expansion is all about azerite.

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.
Ways to gain 10k+ life per second for delve:

- Zerphi's Flask
- Bloodseeker leech
- Essence drain indigion.
- Vaal pact leech + reliable soul of arakaali setup
- Recover max life on ignite swords + 50-70 ignites per second.

Possibly a few more.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Applebee123 posted:

- Zerphi's Flask
- Bloodseeker leech

Possibly a few more.

None of those will work when there's no monsters around, which looks like it will generally the case when you're in the darkness for long enough for it to be an issue(looting in the side passages without enough flares). Out of combat regen and/or good life flasks will be needed if you're going to linger in the dark.

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.

McFrugal posted:

None of those will work when there's no monsters around, which looks like it will generally the case when you're in the darkness for long enough for it to be an issue(looting in the side passages without enough flares). Out of combat regen and/or good life flasks will be needed if you're going to linger in the dark.

I think you can get around it by armour swapping in southbound gloves and bringing along a random mob to drain life from. Also the "flasks gain 3 charges every 3 seconds" should let you sustain zerphis out of combat with reduced flask cost or increased duration i think.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Applebee123 posted:

I think you can get around it by armour swapping in southbound gloves and bringing along a random mob to drain life from.

I'd rather just die and reroll

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

McFrugal posted:

With pathfinder you can keep zerphi's up for nearly forever without any monsters nearby, as long as you have some way (MoM) to keep your mana pool empty.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

also slayer leech lasts quite a while

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Is there a way if working out how many poison stacks an attack can do per second?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Please invite CN: Omree

If there is room thank you

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Hoping that along with that new not-Rain of Arrows skill that chaos in general gets some love. I haven't made a serious chaos-oriented build since Perandus league when full conversion was possible and Voltaxic Spark ruled all.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Applebee123 posted:

- Zerphi's Flask
- Bloodseeker leech

Possibly a few more.

Thanks for reminding me to buy a zerphi's to gently caress around with on standard on an old ranger 👌🏻

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
It looks like the darkness does % based stacking damage though, so no matter how much healing you do eventually you'll just instantly die.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Presumably regen helps extend that time, though. The point isn't to ignore the mechanic, but to pick up all the div cards before you successfully whirling blades out unlike that loving pleb idiot shadow who died to "darkens" in the trailer after missing some cool and good loot

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012
Any one who sets up the elder blob - How exactly is moving the influence supposed to work? I Had no problems moving it around to while collecting my memories but now that I've got my Elder UGS it will not move.

I've tried spamming beaches to get it to spawn on dungeon but its only landed on Graveyard(4 times), Lookout (3 times) and beach (9 times). I've tried dragging it from Iceberg to strand but it didn't move. I've tried dragging it from burial chambers to relic chambers but it did not move. Do I need to wait for shaper to contest elder before dragging is possible? I've already wasted an entire day on trying to move it to UGS and it just feels bugged.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Nezkar posted:

Any one who sets up the elder blob - How exactly is moving the influence supposed to work? I Had no problems moving it around to while collecting my memories but now that I've got my Elder UGS it will not move.

I've tried spamming beaches to get it to spawn on dungeon but its only landed on Graveyard(4 times), Lookout (3 times) and beach (9 times). I've tried dragging it from Iceberg to strand but it didn't move. I've tried dragging it from burial chambers to relic chambers but it did not move. Do I need to wait for shaper to contest elder before dragging is possible? I've already wasted an entire day on trying to move it to UGS and it just feels bugged.

You have to run Shaper adjacent to Elder to get Elder to move.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

pork never goes bad posted:

Presumably regen helps extend that time, though. The point isn't to ignore the mechanic, but to pick up all the div cards before you successfully whirling blades out unlike that loving pleb idiot shadow who died to "darkens" in the trailer after missing some cool and good loot

Gameplay trailers always show people who are bad at the game, because they need to demonstrate that you don't need to be good at the game in order to have fun. People who already know enough about the game to know that the person is playing badly will play it regardless.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Beach Bum posted:

You have to run Shaper adjacent to Elder to get Elder to move.

Yeah, run maps outside of either influence until shaper decides to move onto the map adjacent to elder where you want to expand.

Do something you can speedclear like Beach.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Vasudus posted:

Idea: CI Saboteur w/ Darkscorn, Incandescent Heart, and the new chaos rain of arrows thing.

Global blind, 25% physical taken as chaos, 25% elemental taken as chaos, 75% outgoing physical converted to chaos.

Gonna be hard colors on incandescent heart, no? Or I guess you could run it in Darkscorn. Hmm

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
does that loving +300% global damage triple dip on elemental conversion (ehit)??

e: wow this post is bad for so many reasons. forget this post

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Jinnigan posted:

Gonna be hard colors on incandescent heart, no? Or I guess you could run it in Darkscorn. Hmm

Trap gloves for 5L, upgrade to a 6L proper later on in the league.

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

Papercut posted:

Yeah, run maps outside of either influence until shaper decides to move onto the map adjacent to elder where you want to expand.

Do something you can speedclear like Beach.

It took 27 maps for shaper influence to spawn next to the elder maps, garbage.

Svensken
May 29, 2010

Ak Gara posted:

Is there a way if working out how many poison stacks an attack can do per second?

Attacks per second * Chance to poison

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Don't forget chance to hit in there too.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There's a panel in Path of Building that will show how many stacks your theoretical max is, based off chance to hit / poison / projectiles / duration / etc. Don't try and math that poo poo out by hand.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Note that theoretical maximum poison dps on PoB tends to be highly inflated by your poison duration stat, and may not be a good comparison to real world gameplay, because it assumes that you can facetank and pump damage into a mob and that it won't have forced you to move (or died already). What matters is each individual poison stack's dps and the rate of application, going back to Ak Gara's original question.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

On PoB, using potions, against a boss:

22 magma balls per attack * 0.5 (only half hit target) * 9.4 attacks per second * 1.0 poison chance * 0.81 hit chance = 83 poison stacks after 1 second * 800 poison dps = 66,400 dps * 12.74 duration = 845,936 total damage after attacking for a single second and then running away for 13 seconds.

If I attack for 2 seconds:

160 stacks * 800 poison dps = 128,000 dps * 22 second duration = 2.8 million

Of course that means I'm then running around hiding for 22 seconds but decoy totems am I right?

(I probably hosed up the maths somewhere)

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Ak Gara posted:

On PoB, using potions, against a boss:

22 magma balls per attack * 0.5 (only half hit target) * 9.4 attacks per second * 1.0 poison chance * 0.81 hit chance = 83 poison stacks after 1 second * 800 poison dps = 66,400 dps * 12.74 duration = 845,936 total damage after attacking for a single second and then running away for 13 seconds.

If I attack for 2 seconds:

160 stacks * 800 poison dps = 128,000 dps * 22 second duration = 2.8 million

Of course that means I'm then running around hiding for 22 seconds but decoy totems am I right?

(I probably hosed up the maths somewhere)

I think poison duration is set when you apply a poison, it isn't updated when you get the duration buff from having lots of stacks. So your earlier poisons have less duration than your later ones.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 11, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3DhXSmFPYo

God bless you eirikeiken

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Wormblaster will never die!

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Holy heck a "viable" nulls inclination build

ThermosAquaticus
Nov 9, 2013
Can anyone help me with my BV Elementalist? I'm feeling a bit squishy in white maps.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/TopsideChimera/characters/BVChimera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Spell caster Tombfist:

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1028767787328532480