Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hav posted:

I have literally no noticed durability loss, and I'm usually taking at least one character to nightmare V during seasonal, and without laying it on too thick, I'm like supes casual. If you haven't played it in a while, give it another shot, then come back and yell at me.

I only quit, I didn't rage quit. Trying D3 again is on my list. But I still have a bunch of games on my Steam I haven't even started or finished yet.

The one thing I liked about D3 was playing hardcore mode and that one jump down the hole spot, where its all RNG if you are going to lose your character because you can't escape except through the exploding poison minions shielded rare that's in your way.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
lol at the doom guys "fidelity...all running at 60 frames per second"

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
hello

quote:

Happy Layoff Friday!
so uh. yeah. no idea what's going on

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

TheAgent posted:

hello

rip ben

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TheAgent posted:

hello

Awe gently caress you beat me to it! I just came to say,

Its gently caress up Friday! What stupid poo poo do they have up their sleeves for this fine Friday?

When is the last Friday that CIG hasn't released / done something comically stupid? I've come to enjoy waiting for them to gently caress up so we have some poo poo to talk about for the weekend.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I dunno how much more they can cull their herd without people starting to get a wee bit suspicious

they've already lost several key guys, if this poo poo is real and more high up people are leaving or pushed out (the rumors about tony z have persisted for months), that's probably not great news to release right now

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TheAgent posted:

I dunno how much more they can cull their herd without people starting to get a wee bit suspicious

they've already lost several key guys, if this poo poo is real and more high up people are leaving or pushed out (the rumors about tony z have persisted for months), that's probably not great news to release right now

Yeah but its Friday so its NBD and it will blow over by Monday :shrug:

Thats the CIG way .

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
gently caress-up Friday is followed by Make-up Monday and Triage Tuesday

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
tony z was supposed to be in charge of the economy and pay to win stuffs, no idea why they haven't trotted him out to try and clean up some of these bad optics

the crobbear interview/letter made things even worse, they need some good press right now

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

TheAgent posted:

Well good thing it's still early days then.

On a completely unrelated note, it's been awhile since we've had a ship sale don't you all think?

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Agony Aunt posted:

Well, a finished game is the last thing the cultists want. The moment there is a 1.0, people will start comparing what was actually delivered to what was hyped, or what they dreamt up for themselves, and the difference will at least send the press into a negative frenzy, even if the cultists keep pounding the "its only 1.0 and tier 1, the really good stuff will come with 2.0 and tier 2 stuff, these things take time, and development only really started 1 year ago! Bloody goons with their FUD!"

Of course the cultists don't want it completed, but some more sane backers do. Have they been hit by an "illusory promise"?
I ANAL, but maybe somebody else is.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Danknificent posted:

man this thread got dark fast

Dead Sea problem.

Normal human beings have forgotten about Star Citizen years ago or see headlines poo poo it with a "meh, welp." The exceptionally bizarre fucknugget brain that posts on gamergate and Trump subreddits, however, can't let a slight or grudge die. The exceptionally bizarre fucknugget brain that posts on somethingawful and sa twitter can't help but follow like a...idk, something irrationally possessed by grudges and slights.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

hello

So it's about what, 10am on Pacific coast?

Potato Salad posted:

Dead Sea problem.

Normal human beings have forgotten about Star Citizen years ago or see headlines poo poo it with a "meh, welp." The exceptionally bizarre fucknugget brain that posts on gamergate and Trump subreddits, however, can't let a slight or grudge die. The exceptionally bizarre fucknugget brain that posts on somethingawful and sa twitter can't help but follow like a...idk, something irrationally possessed by grudges and slights.

Stop kinkshaming me.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Deploy the Blobers!

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

TheAgent posted:

hello

You can either be laid off or accept half your salary as UEC, which is just as good as real money! Eventually!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Ah, I remember when it use to be Taco Tuesday.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Can't wait for Wankin' Wednesday

Not even Jesus can stop me

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I'm sorry. Is this moron making the argument that "As long as you purchase the top tier equipment, the game isn't P2W because nobody can pay more to beat you (in the same ship class)!"

TheSickeningTruth
Jul 22, 2018
Btak has a point, people who like pve should play pve games and people who like pvp should play pvp games.

TheSickeningTruth
Jul 22, 2018

TheAgent posted:

It simply means key parts of the game are finished! The pipelines have finally been refactored!!!

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Sarsapariller posted:

I'm sorry. Is this moron making the argument that "As long as you purchase the top tier equipment, the game isn't P2W because nobody can pay more to beat you (in the same ship class)!"

Correct, if you pay money to have the best of everything for your ship, then no one has an unfair advantage over you, we're all on equal footing by spending X. Bing Bong, makes perfect sense.

(Until CIG adds more X)

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

TheAgent posted:

hello

If there’s more cutting afoot, it wouldn’t exactly be surprising.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 10, 2018

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
So in the last few months, you've lost:
Senior Cinematic Animator (Frankfurt)
Associate Gameplay Engineer (LA)
Producer (LA)
Animator (UK)
Animator (UK)
Producer (UK)
Senior 3D Animator (Frankfurt)
Senior Character Artist (UK)
and like a bunch more people (several dozen) but I'm not going to sit here and type out all their poo poo gently caress that

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

TheAgent posted:

Producer (LA)
Animator (UK)
Animator (UK)
Producer (UK)
and like a bunch more people (several dozen) but I'm not going to sit here and type out all their poo poo gently caress that

Not that they'd say, but I wonder what the total number of employees is at now. Because I doubt very highly that it's still the 400 or whatever number the whales throw around.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Drunk Theory posted:

Not that they'd say, but I wonder what the total number of employees is at now. Because I doubt very highly that it's still the 400 or whatever number the whales throw around.

Whatever the number is, it is too high. The company should be six people or so right now at most. All working on building an engine from scratch that can support all the bullshit they want.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Lladre posted:

Whatever the number is, it is too high. The company should be six people or so right now at most. All working on building an engine from scratch that can support all the bullshit they want.

That doesn't sound like a good idea. Without any ship artists and designers you'd greatly hurt the primary revenue stream.

Wait, is that a bad spot to be in?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

Producer (LA)
Animator (UK)
Animator (UK)
Producer (UK)

They've probably done all the animating they need. They're gearing up to produce a game next.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Drunk Theory posted:

That doesn't sound like a good idea. Without any ship artists and designers you'd greatly hurt the primary revenue stream.

Wait, is that a bad spot to be in?

At this point it would be since they have spent all their monies on their Santa Monica office. A couple of years ago they had a few dozen million that they could have lived off while making the engine.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

What about the barista? :ohdear:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

What about the barista? :ohdear:

Probably the new project manager.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The dreamcrafting level is over 9000!

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
BADASS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mnOezNIjQg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Bx4G3bOu4

:aaaaa: :dance:

Grubby Hobo
Feb 13, 2018

There's something else about bears not many people know. If a bear gets hooked on the taste of crowdfunding, it becomes a man-killer. He'll go on a rampage and has to be destroyed. And that's why you should never hug a bear.
"Millions of NPCs with near-sentient AI will fix everything" theorycrafting is the best theorycrafting.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Helmet!

Helmet!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

So wait....

This literally says "As soon as you spend all this money to win, then you don't have to spend any more, and therefore it's not pay to win."

Also missing is the casual fact that probably everything he named would fall into to the $750-$1000 bucket.

wut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Foo Diddley posted:

Jesus Christ

it's an awesome movie by one of the best guys that ever existed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%96dipussi