Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Swartz posted:

CBD oil is CBD oil: if you are seeing different kinds it's either a marketing gimmick of theirs or they did something dumb like add all sorts of herbal bullshit to it.

oil is often sold with different ratios of CBD to THC (like 1:1 vs 25:1) which has different effects, that's not a gimmick at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

So now there are different "strains" of oil too? Seems fishy to me.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Yah but you're dumb tho

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Swartz posted:

CBD oil is CBD oil: if you are seeing different kinds it's either a marketing gimmick of theirs, or they did something dumb like add all sorts of herbal bullshit to it.
You simply want CBD oil, as plain as possible, and hopefully with a decent flavoring so that your aunt will take it.

I don't know the specifics on Parkinsons and CBD to be honest, but I know that CBD seems like such a miracle drug that it is definitely worth giving a try.

CBD isolate has very little flavor and requires no additional flavorings. Also, beware of retail products that list CBD oil as an ingredient without mentioning its CBD content because this probably means the oil contains homeopathic levels of cbd. I mix my own tincture at 50mg/ml with phytodabs isolate and coconut MCT oil for sublingual use and it is flavorless. You may want a stronger mix for Parkinson's though, I don't know anything about that. Sublingual is a great RoA, probably the most efficient short of IV and with a 5-20 minute onset, but most otc tinctures are way too weak for that. You want the whole dose to be 1ml or less for it to absorb quickly without having to slosh around a bunch of weird oil in your mouth for 15 minutes. I'd strongly recommend taking a look at the DIY route for cost and effectiveness

E: pure isolate powder dissolves readily in oil at room temp so you can just combine them in a dropper bottle and give it a shake and it's ready to go in 15 mins or so. A full eyedropper is usually about 1ml for easy dosing

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Aug 9, 2018

indyrenegade
Apr 5, 2018

and that man's name? ENRICO FERMI

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

I would if I knew how to roll one. Few years now and I've never been able to. Tried a few times but hosed up. I can give her my dirty rear end MFLB and grimey rear end glass stem though.

It's a consistent practice thing. I've also found not all papers are made equal. Zig Zags and Juicy are poo poo; Raws are what you want for joints. But the quality of paper won't matter if you have trouble rolling. Practice for a bit when you have time and don't put pressure on yourself.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

indyrenegade posted:

It's a consistent practice thing. I've also found not all papers are made equal. Zig Zags and Juicy are poo poo; Raws are what you want for joints. But the quality of paper won't matter if you have trouble rolling. Practice for a bit when you have time and don't put pressure on yourself.

Or just use a rolling machine and effortlessly poo poo out a perfect joint whenever you want

Im partial to roll boxes, myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCXKt7E4Piw

indyrenegade
Apr 5, 2018

poverty goat posted:

Or just use a rolling machine and effortlessly poo poo out a perfect joint whenever you want

Im partial to roll boxes, myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCXKt7E4Piw

makes airplane joint with my artful hands

roll box? heh

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i got one of those cheapo rolling machines from a corner store once and the resulting joints were way too tight for my taste

im sure a nicer machine makes nicer joints but i enjoy the process of rolling them by hand anyway so ill just stick with that

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
It's a good skill to have, you never know when it might come in handy. Just keep practicing and take it slow and don't get frustrated.

The way I do it is first I crumple up the paper, I feel it helps it roll better. Then smooth it out again, place weed on top, and roll it between your fingers so its more of a compact circular shape. Then from the end you'll put your mouth on try to begin the roll - the most important thing is to get the paper tucked under, but try not to compress the joint too much or it'll be hard to smoke. Once you have it started it's easy to roll the rest of it up. Add saliva to glue and finish. Then I use the end of my glasses (over ear bits) to push in the weed at the far end a bit so I can give it a shake and twist the end up, just my personal preference.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
If you buy one of those big cans of Drum you’ll be a whiz at rolling joints by the time you smoked it all.

indyrenegade
Apr 5, 2018

Mozi posted:

It's a good skill to have, you never know when it might come in handy. Just keep practicing and take it slow and don't get frustrated.

The way I do it is first I crumple up the paper, I feel it helps it roll better. Then smooth it out again, place weed on top, and roll it between your fingers so its more of a compact circular shape.

This is exactly how I got good at joint rolling actually; you want to compress the weed so that it's close to solid. Helps massively with rolling

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Earwicker posted:

oil is often sold with different ratios of CBD to THC (like 1:1 vs 25:1) which has different effects, that's not a gimmick at all.

I guess what I meant is CBD with little to no THC that you can find online easily. I realize some lie and have THC anyway, but there are definitely some well known brands that are practically CBD-only.

But no whoever said that, there are no strains of CBD, but yes people, there are different strains of marijuana. If you don't agree it simply means you're even more of an idiot than I am.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

My aunt has had really bad Parkinson's over the past couple years and lately it's lovely to see her suffering so much. Her medication does nothing.
I've been thinking about getting her some CBD oil but some searching online has left me confused. There seems to be so many different kinds.

I've also read that CBD isn't very good for Parkinson's and THC oil is better.

I just gotta try convince her.

I'd start with CBD oil (rather than THC) because that's going to seem less scary to her. If it doesn't work, then all that probably happens is she's a little more relaxed.

You definitely want to make sure that you order it from a reputable company. There's literally no oversight on this stuff, so anyone can bottle up some olive oil, claim it's CBD oil and sell it over the internet. Or even worse than that, it could have synthetic cannabinoids in it, which happened recently and made 50+ people sick.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/52-people-sickened-by-fake-cbd-oil-in-utah/

The problem, of course, is figuring out which brands you can trust. Charlotte's Web ( https://www.cwhemp.com ) is generally considered the "go to," because they really got the ball rolling with making CBD known for treating seizures and stuff. But because of that, they're also really expensive. There are brands that I could recommend, but they're only sold in California, so that probably won't help you.
I personally order CBD oil from 4CornerCannabis, and they do sell to all states via the internet. I use it for my dog though, not myself since my CBD consumption is almost entirely via vaping.

EDIT: I don't know if showing her this would help convince her, but several years ago, CNN did a feature about CBD and the little girl for whom Charlotte's Web is named. The middle section still has a bunch of alarmist junk, but the beginning and end are pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUwkLiciY6Q

Mnemosyne fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Aug 10, 2018

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I vape medical weed and they come in little round glass canisters. My cat decided to play with my salvia and I just caught it before it hit the (tile) floor after hearing that glass rolling sound along the coffee table.
This was hilarious, probably because I'm high

On topic: For pain definitely start out with pure CBD oil, it's fairly easy to find. If she ever decides to take the next step there are low THC/high CBD strains available for medical use (at least in my state).

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

I'm leaving on vacation to Laughlin, Nevada and am going to go to a dispensary for the first time. Any tips, tricks, recommendations to buy? I want to get some edibles, and perhaps a disposable vape pen if that would be cost effective. Some of the edibles on their online menu seems super expensive for the amount of thc in them. Or I could always just buy some papers and buy some flower of some different strains and roll up my own joints.

I'm a daily smoker and have a decent tolerance. What are you suggestions? (The dispensary is nevada made marijuana if that means anything).

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

A disposable pen is great for getting high in public, but there really is nothing like walking into a store and leaving with 4 different kinds of flower and some papers.

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

Snow Cone Capone posted:

A disposable pen is great for getting high in public, but there really is nothing like walking into a store and leaving with 4 different kinds of flower and some papers.

Yeah, the different strains really interest me. I don't necessarily trust the names of strains and what not that I buy at home, because I assume it's mostly made up.

I'm there for 4 nights, so I'll have time to try different things

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Or you could do this, and know exactly what the strain is and what is used to grow it.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woHkPlXEN1A&t=201s
Stoned watching a lady try on bikinis.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

grill youre saelf posted:

I'm leaving on vacation to Laughlin, Nevada and am going to go to a dispensary for the first time. Any tips, tricks, recommendations to buy? I want to get some edibles, and perhaps a disposable vape pen if that would be cost effective. Some of the edibles on their online menu seems super expensive for the amount of thc in them. Or I could always just buy some papers and buy some flower of some different strains and roll up my own joints.

I'm a daily smoker and have a decent tolerance. What are you suggestions? (The dispensary is nevada made marijuana if that means anything).

Pick up a bunch of cartridges and/or a disposable vape pen that seem cool to you. I get cartridges from a friend in California regularly and they are incredibly awesome with my Pckt One vape. Keep in mind the experience with a quality vape is much smoother and the unit itself lasts much longer, but you can't beat the convenience of a disposable vape pen right there from the dispensary.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just bought this 32 inch monitor
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/lg_32gk850g.htm

Feeling very

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
I've tried using displays above 27" and they always just feel too large for gaming

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I love my 29" ultra wide. I'd go bigger for gaming if I had the space, but not by much.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I compromise, both my PC and PS4 are hooked into both my 23" monitor and my 50" tv, so I can play however I like. Honestly, I kind of prefer gaming on the smaller screen, even PS4.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I'm doing the good ol' compromise as well. My PC sits in the living room with the TV mounted on the wall right above where my desk is. I love it

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I started using weed in April and now I totally get why I heard so many stories that included 'and I spent the whole summer getting high and playing Morrowind'. I tried to play FF6 in April and while my save shows like 70 hours on there I haven't accomplished jack poo poo.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

gently caress I did that with Morrowind. I highly recommend it. It's a full weed game. So's Prey / Deus Ex / Dishonored.

Weed and vr must be crazy.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I recommend any twitchy fast paced game that you know really well. A platformer or something like that. For me it's super mario world. I could probably beat it on muscle memory alone. Getting high and letting your thumbs out to play. It's zen as heck

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I've spent like 100 hours driving around GTA V while crazy high and riding my exercise bike

games and weeds are the best

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Warframe should just come with a quarter of dab and a nail. It seems overwhelming at first, but once you're in the groove it all just ~flows~ so well. High level play is like going through Kubrick's color tunnel with human debris flying everywhere - psychedelia meets viscera :getin:

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

DoombatINC posted:

Warframe should just come with a quarter of dab and a nail. It seems overwhelming at first, but once you're in the groove it all just ~flows~ so well. High level play is like going through Kubrick's color tunnel with human debris flying everywhere - psychedelia meets viscera :getin:

I tried it, Warframe was too powerful for me under the influence. Monster Hunter though, that does a good job. You're spending some time focusing on fighting and then slapped in the face with a beautiful vista so it's a nice variety.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
You kind of sold me on Warframe. My mouse looks loving strange floating around at 144Hz

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

grill youre saelf posted:

I just checked their menu on Weedmaps. I'd probably stay away from the Rove cartridges because we have Rove here in CA, and they're kind of temperamental. The oil in them is not diluted really, so it's less oil and more solid, so to get them to work, you have to find a way to pre-heat them to liquefy the oil, so you either have to run a hair dryer on them or try to heat them a bit with a lighter. Either way, it's way too much hassle considering almost no other cartridges have that problem. Also $70 is is kind of high for a half-gram cartridge. On the other hand, they are also charging $70 for Select brand cartridges (which we also have in CA) and that's my current favorite cartridge brand. Honestly, whether a cartridge/disposable will be cost-effective for you probably depends on if you have any intention of trying to take it back home with you. I wouldn't say "yes, definitely get on a plane with this," but multiple people in this very thread have flown with cartridges / pens and nobody has had a problem. I know people who have taken flights with more than a dozen pens / cartridges in their bags, and have not had a problem.

Also don't buy the CannaHemp brand CBD pens or the Select brand CBD disposables. Both of those are 0% THC, so they don't even really work as a CBD product (because CBD needs at least a little THC to help activate it).

It looks like they sell a lot of their strains by the gram, so you could definitely pick up small amounts of multiple strains to roll up and try out.

It sucks that there aren't more dispensaries in that area. I know a lot of dispensaries in NV sell Greenlife Baby J's, and those are perfect for tourists. It's an Altoid tin with mini-joints inside in a variety of strains, so it's like a little sampler box. Last time I was in Vegas, I had several friends who flew in from non-legal states, and Vegas was still medical-only at the time, so I bought Baby J boxes to give to them as gifts when they got there.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
horizon zero dawn is excellent to play while medicated

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
I play high stress games medicated. overwatch fighting games rougelikes you name it.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

The game I've done the best with while stoned is either Final Fantasy 14 or Conan Exiles. That was a lot of fun to build a cool tower house and be friends with baby alligators.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Crimson Harvest posted:

The game I've done the best with while stoned is either Final Fantasy 14 or Conan Exiles. That was a lot of fun to build a cool tower house and be friends with baby alligators.

Not to mention the dong physics would be enthralling while stoned

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I found it too distracting but you can turn them off.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

FF14 was great when stoned, except it was hard to do endgame content, since that mostly relies on rote memorization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'm a moron and get high to play things like Splatoon 2's Salmon Run (aka horde mode I believe) which isn't exactly chill time lol