Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
God drat you gotta be a loving mondo idiot to own a cryptocurrency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

oliveoil posted:

What do you think of Skycoin? That one, TRON, and Deep Brain Chain are my main holdings, but I also bought some CPChain and Banyan Network. I've been thinking of dumping Skycoin for more CP and Banyan and maybe some Elastos since I'm not sure if the founder made up that story about him and his wife (or girlfriend?) getting kidnapped and mugged by their marketing team in China.

I also discovered a coin called Dero recently. My understanding is that it's like if you combined Monero with Ethereum but with better privacy than Monero. The lead developer for that keeps his source code hidden which kind of seems like a bad idea, because he might just be distributing malware, but he had a community manager that seemed nice till she accused him of some shadyness. It doesn't sound like it's a fake project, though, just one where there's a risk the developer is secretly inflating the supply faster than they said and taking the extra coins. Even if that was true, since the market cap is so low, it seems like it's worth putting some sats into it on the chance it's not a scam.

sounds good mate :cheerdoge: good luck with your investments :chloe:

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

ghosTTy posted:

sounds good mate :cheerdoge: good luck with your investments :chloe:

He said, into the mirror

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Please please please tell me Banyancoin only runs over the StreetTalk protocol man that is a blast from the past

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

prompt
Oct 28, 2007

eh?

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Get out of here with your alternative facts

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

price is being manipulated on bitfinex so etc can cross into top 10 for publicity and p&d

smart people would buy iota right now

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

ghosTTy posted:

Haven't you said that all year? What makes you not wrong this time

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

QuarkJets posted:

Haven't you said that all year? What makes you not wrong this time

my post is pretty self explanatory, and every time i suggest buying the price has gone up within a few days so i haven't been wrong yet

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

ghosTTy posted:

my post is pretty self explanatory, and every time i suggest buying the price has gone up within a few days so i haven't been wrong yet

and yet

prompt
Oct 28, 2007

eh?

ghosTTy posted:

:homebrew:

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Buy the dip! And when it's zero that means you can get infinite coins for infinite wealth when it rebounds!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

ghosTTy are you that guy who designed vision-inverting glasses for himself?

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

6 things that don’t change based on the USD valuation of IOTA:

The value of data.
The clean energy revolution.
Machine economies.
Societal transactional inefficiency.
Trends of decentralization and digitalization.
My conviction.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

ghosTTy posted:

My conviction.

lol :bitcoin:

Ross?? Is that you???

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

ghosTTy posted:

The value of data.
The clean energy revolution.
Machine economies.
Societal transactional inefficiency.
Trends of decentralization and digitalization.
My conviction.

The value of data is whatever the moron your selling to buys it
Crypto and clean energy is the biggest lol in the world when ot uses more energy then most loving countries
The gently caress this mean
Visa and MasterCard are inefficient?
Lol no
:lol:

prompt
Oct 28, 2007

eh?

ghosTTy posted:

and every time i suggest buying the price has gone up within a few days so i haven't been wrong yet

:wrong:

So everyone that bought at your suggestion just lost 40%. And in under a week.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fiat graphs are measured by increasing hubris, always going up. Rational blockchain value stores dispense with such vulgarities and are thus properly measured by the proper and natural inverse relationship. It’s only once you shed your childlike tendency to look up that you see the true, orderly, tangible, and indisputable value that is bedrock beneath your feet below you. Buy IOTA.

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Kobayashi posted:

Fiat graphs are measured by increasing hubris, always going up. Rational blockchain value stores dispense with such vulgarities and are thus properly measured by the proper and natural inverse relationship. It’s only once you shed your childlike tendency to look up that you see the true, orderly, tangible, and indisputable value that is bedrock beneath your feet below you. Buy IOTA.

:hmmyes:

ed balls balls man
Apr 17, 2006
still waiting for the killer dapp boys

i get the principle of it all but wheres some poo poo we can use

prompt
Oct 28, 2007

eh?
IOTA down to 42 cents. RIP ghosTTy

prompt fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Aug 14, 2018

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I’m the part of the chart where IOTA follows the exact same pattern as BTC valuation just like every single shitcoin

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

update:

bitcoin still looking like poo poo, very bearish

waiting for right time to re-enter alt market with NEO

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
When the crypto market is tanking like today, it's a good time to keep a cool head and look for opportunities. They say that you should buy when the blood is in the streets, even when it's your own and I try to live up to that.

I see an opportunity in Banyan Network. It's a Data Fusion Data Value Network and its coin is used to buy clean data for data value. While I'm not completely sure what that means, the price is less than a penny like Bitcoin used to be, so I'm going to spend my whole budget on it this month and eat ramen noodles. I will fall behind on child support this month, but my kids will thank me one day.

oliveoil fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 15, 2018

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Sorry kids, santa made some bad investments on internet pogs so I could only afford to get you some happy meal toys. There are also chicken nuggets in those bags but no fries, I ate those

Icey
Nov 20, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Itt I cried today.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

ghosTTy posted:

Right now is a really good time to buy. In the industry we call this "buying the dip" because the market has bottomed out and likely won't go anywhere but up. There's a chance it could fall further but at this point it's negligible.

am i too late for this?

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

oliveoil posted:

When the crypto market is tanking like today, it's a good time to keep a cool head and look for opportunities. They say that you should buy when the blood is in the streets, even when it's your own and I try to live up to that.

I'm thinking about leveraging my ETH using a CDP to get more ETH

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/7wls2i/leveraging_your_long_eth_position_with_makers_cdp/

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Dark Off posted:

am i too late for this?

At the time you would've made 20%, now if you buy this dip you'll make a lot more than that.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

ghosTTy posted:

At the time you would've made 20%, now if you buy this dip you'll make a lot more than that.

sounds fantastic. are we at the bottom or should i wait to increase my % ?

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Dark Off posted:

sounds fantastic. are we at the bottom or should i wait to increase my % ?

Pull the trigger, now.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

ghosTTy posted:

Pull the trigger, now.

i dont think i can make it on time. Can you buy some coins now and maybe i will buy it from you later

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

ghosTTy posted:

Pull the trigger, now.

Don't do it, bro. There are people who can help.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/crypto-market-crash-prompts-suicide-concerns-135248250.html

dr slut
Jan 26, 2003

ghosTTy posted:

Pull the trigger, now.

unrelated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6u1kG7yuy4&t=10s

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Great example of why I'm into crypto :) thank you

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

quote:

The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

sends shivers down my spine

dr slut
Jan 26, 2003

ghosTTy posted:

Great example of why I'm into crypto :) thank you

I remember during the real estate bubble, people were saying it was a good investment because it was real and not manipulated like dot com stocks.

I remember during the gold/silver bubble, people were saying it was a good investment because it was real and not manipulated like real estate.

This time though its totally real and not manipulated. I'm sure of it!!!

edit: this chart is a year old and not accurate any more....oh wait...

dr slut fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Nov 21, 2018

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

dr slut posted:

I remember during the real estate bubble, people were saying it was a good investment because it was real and not manipulated like dot com stocks.

I remember during the gold/silver bubble, people were saying it was a good investment because it was real and not manipulated like real estate.

This time though its totally real and not manipulated. I'm sure of it!!!

edit: this chart is a year old and totally not accurate any more....oh wait...

I'm the bubble that isn't Too Big to Fail and no government has an incentive to bail out in any way.