Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
stopping in with another question: how long does the ginyu team event keep going? im behind on a few of them. if i cant finish rainbowing them or the kid gohan they gave out will i have future opportunities or is that it? I think i have a good enough team to get the gohan eza medals now but im pretty behind on orbs because i didnt realize how you got them until like 2 days ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Paper Triangle posted:

stopping in with another question: how long does the ginyu team event keep going? im behind on a few of them. if i cant finish rainbowing them or the kid gohan they gave out will i have future opportunities or is that it? I think i have a good enough team to get the gohan eza medals now but im pretty behind on orbs because i didnt realize how you got them until like 2 days ago.

Ginyu event is permanent, just rotating every day of the week depending on type. Like the Super Strikes or potential Events.

Not sure how long the Gohan EZA will be up or when it will return though. I’d prioritize that.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The Gohan event goes away Aug. 12. I’m not sure about the EZA. Definitely rainbow and EZA him if you haven’t. With him and the Ginyu force you can stomp all over the LR Freezing and Goku events.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
Are the LR Frieza (assuming typo) and Goku events on now? if they are i haven't touched them so not sure it even matters.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Paper Triangle posted:

Are the LR Frieza (assuming typo) and Goku events on now? if they are i haven't touched them so not sure it even matters.

goku is around on saturdays, frieza on sundays

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I think we're getting the LR Frieza promotion sometime soon. Would be nice to finally max him out.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
okay i have most of the orbs and medals, how do i build the gohan?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Paper Triangle posted:

okay i have most of the orbs and medals, how do i build the gohan?

Farm his SA to 10 and unlock all paths. Dokkan him. Then EZA him. Now you can either dokkan another with SA 5 to feed into him or just be lazy and use 5 of the str kais you just got.

I was lazy.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Farm his SA to 10 and unlock all paths. Dokkan him. Then EZA him. Now you can either dokkan another with SA 5 to feed into him or just be lazy and use 5 of the str kais you just got.

I was lazy.

There you are.

I was wondering if you were ever going to post again. haha

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I got LR Vegito so I had to start playing again. Then I ripped LR Black so I’m doubly obligated to play.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
Thanks but i meant specifically the parts of his hidden potential paths that require a decision between two stats. I barely understand how the stats work, do those choices even matter that much?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Paper Triangle posted:

Thanks but i meant specifically the parts of his hidden potential paths that require a decision between two stats. I barely understand how the stats work, do those choices even matter that much?

For pretty much every character, always go for Critical. If that's not available, take Additional Attack.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Only sealers, int gogeta and the new guldo want additional attacks.

Maybe I’m missing someone but those are the big ones

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

str gogeta too

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
nice, thanks everyone. i did build guldo for combo and have done everything else crit so im glad to know im doing it right.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Arrgytehpirate posted:

The Gohan event goes away Aug. 12. I’m not sure about the EZA. Definitely rainbow and EZA him if you haven’t. With him and the Ginyu force you can stomp all over the LR Freezing and Goku events.

Well poo poo, I didn’t realize Gohan was so limited. Spent two DS to grind him and luckily the EZA stages didn’t require stamina. gently caress those stages though, not for being difficult, but just being a long rear end 30 level grind. Is there any point to continuing past 30? 30 gets you all the medals you can use.

Edit: found the JP guide, 31+ is almost all just potential orbs. Some SA level increase characters interspersed too.

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Aug 11, 2018

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
oh im supposed to do that 25 more times? yeah i dont think I'm gonna finish that in time. my team does okay on it but i imagine the difficulty continues ramping up.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
yeah level 11 crushed me even with my rainbowed jeice and guldo and level 130 str kid gohan. mightve been bad luck but twenty more levels of this seems steep.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Gohan is the easiest EZA event by far. Might as well give it a whack.

E: Your best bet is a mono STR team. Use your best STR leader as a lead and have use any Namek Saga STR fighters you have.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So a mysterious, new event based around the new Broly movie is coming to Global and JP soon, plus Movie Villain Leader Turles is coming up.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
Okay, I work nights and I have a slow one tonight. The event ends at what...11 PM EDT, if I'm doing my math right? These are the strength guys I currently have, including this Goku I just got from an event ticket pull.

If I have the resources to level some of these guys up can I reasonably finish the EZA event in time? It requires no stam so I'm hoping maybe. Is there anything else I absolutely NEED to do before the event ends? I know I need to trade in all these medals. Anything else?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Fist of all z-awaken the GT Trunks, SS2 Vegeta, and that SS Goku. Any non story event requires the cards to at least be UR to have a chance. Then use them on a team with your other awakened cards Gohan, Gotenks, and Bee Pan. Try to block attacks with Gohan and Goku. You can also switch out Gotenks for Jeice and he can block too.

RBX fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Aug 12, 2018

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
Thanks, I'll give that a try. Also I just realized that SSR STR SS Goku was a duplicate of the one I already had leveled up to 80. I guess he'll get a little increase to his SA.

Edit: Nevermind! I only have 25 Gregory medals and there are only 5 on the Baba store right now so I guess that's that.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Paper Triangle posted:

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Also I just realized that SSR STR SS Goku was a duplicate of the one I already had leveled up to 80. I guess he'll get a little increase to his SA.

Use it to unlock a Hidden Potential path first.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
Ooh duh, right. Thanks for the reminder.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

If you can't finish it don't worry, all events always come back around and you're not missing anything major being so new.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
Oh that's a relief. This is the first I've gone past dabbling with gacha games so I wasn't sure how these kinds of things "cycle" or if they did at all. I was experiencing a very shameful sort of Gamer's Anxiety about it, like when I never got to be Thanos in Fortnite.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Paper Triangle posted:

Ooh duh, right. Thanks for the reminder.

He has a farmable SA that is pretty easy to get so use it for the bottom right.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

Testekill posted:

He has a farmable SA that is pretty easy to get so use it for the bottom right.

Can you explain a little more? I think I understand that you mean the bottom right part of his hidden potential paths, since that segment has SA requirements? And the one I farm is I guess a different card with the same name? Where do I farm it?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Paper Triangle posted:

Can you explain a little more? I think I understand that you mean the bottom right part of his hidden potential paths, since that segment has SA requirements? And the one I farm is I guess a different card with the same name? Where do I farm it?

Alright so all SS Gokus have a farmable super attack. You can raise them with the TEQ SS Goku that you get from the time for an epic clash and they don't require elder/supreme kai medals to get them to UR level which will give 100% chance to increase SA level when fed to a SSR SS Goku.

http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/Legendary_Super_Saiyan_Super_Saiyan_Goku

This is the one you need to farm.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
I think I understand now. So I actually need to farm this guy, get him up to UR, then use him to level up the STR SS Goku's SA. Right?:

http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/Overflowing_Resolve_Goku

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yes.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Paper Triangle posted:

I think I understand now. So I actually need to farm this guy, get him up to UR, then use him to level up the STR SS Goku's SA. Right?:

http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/Overflowing_Resolve_Goku

Be warned that it's a very long-term project, as farming SA like this can be surprisingly resource-intensive, especially when you're new and don't have a lot of stuff stockpiled.

Raising that card to UR means leveling it from 1 to 60, then from 1 to 80, then from 1 to 80 again. In addition, you'll have to Z-Awaken it three times and Dokkan awaken it twice, each of which takes zeni and medals. All of those are relatively cheap for that card, sure - but when you multiply the cost by the nine copies you'll need, it stacks up.

The general advice for unlocking Hidden Potential paths is to unlock the bottom right path first on a card you plan to max out the SA of, and the top left path otherwise.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
I already have him at 6 (I might have fed him some kais at some point?) so it shouldn't be too bad but yeah, I realize that's a longer-term project.

I was able to get some Gregories and Z-Awakened all those STR guys, got 'em to level 100, but I don't have enough potential orbs to do much in that regard. Level 19 of the EZA is still demolishing me. I just don't have enough HP or a good enough way to get it back (Bee Pan isn't cutting it). Oh well.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The Battle Of Gods event has a farmable SSJ Goku, too. Not sure what's better, really. Both are pretty resource-intensive. I just have "spending 2+ million zeni on a coinflip" as something I want to avoid doing, even if zeni is a lot easier to come by nowadays.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Don't worry about farming SA and potential orbs right now until you know what your doing. Just play and beat events, saving up stones from them and story mode to pull better cards and make better teams. You'll know what to do soon enough. Just keep all dupe in your box and leave them alone for now.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Yeah, it's more that farming SA is inherently expensive, and because each individual copy isn't that bad, you don't notice until you start running low on something.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Pulled a LR Mighty Mask with anniversary tickets. Now to go scrounge up a bunch of those stupid time attack medals.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Good bye anniversary tickets. I've gotten more than enough Pans and 17s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
Well, maintenance is done and I now have way too many kai cards. I guess I'll expand my box some because I don't know where I want to use them yet.