Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

algebra testes posted:

I love hearing Bryan get so excited for the retro shows this week.

Speaking of the retro show, does anyone have a link to the music that they use for Vinny's finishes report section?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

PaybackJack posted:

Speaking of the retro show, does anyone have a link to the music that they use for Vinny's finishes report section?

My first thought immediately went to using it for: "The finishes on this show were: Clean pin, disqualification for kicking too much rear end, Chris Benoit killed his family and clean pin".

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1027408659490398209

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my God, Vince's long game this entire time has been to build, train and release a replacement for Meltzer :vince:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

I think this is the picture that people think looks like Dave:

https://twitter.com/JohnCena/status/1026657045322260480

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dave has better abs than that

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

PaybackJack posted:

I still miss the old music

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
This weeks observer features a rare misprint where 5 of the total 7 1/2 stars of the Yano/Omega match are missing, making it seem as though Dave gave it only 2 1/2 stars.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

jesus WEP posted:

Dave has better abs than that

And arms

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
More g1 math today

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

mariooncrack posted:

More g1 math today

All time great episode overall.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I enjoyed Dave speculating in the WON that LAX was over at PROGRESS Boston: Melrose because of TNA and not because they are super popular New England indy talent wrestling in Mass.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan: Even though Cena has lost weight, he's lost nothing from his waist for some reason.
Dave: You know the reason :colbert:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Cena got that roid belly

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan: Even though Cena has lost weight, he's lost nothing from his waist for some reason.
Dave: You know the reason :colbert:

This was one of those times I wished I co-hosted WO. I'd just start naming foods until Dave hung up the phone.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Alvarez not wanting to admit it was steroids and Dave getting more impatient with him was incredible.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Maxwell House VHS Tapes must surely go into the top moments end of year list for the Observer :xd:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1027622922905509888
https://twitter.com/FO_VVerhei/status/1027818468073037824

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bryan lives his gimmick

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The walk of fame question almost got me harder than the coffee stuff

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Low key best part is how Bryan somehow thought that a clearance price for blank VHS tapes in 2018 was in the 5-7 dollar range.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Did he rant about this on the B&V show this morning?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Did he rant about this on the B&V show this morning?

Yeah, it was loving hilarious. Even Granny knew he was wrong, and Vinny's long pause when he looked at the image and zoomed in on it was amazing.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Bryan: "Wait a minute...Maxwell House makes tapes?"
Vinny: "Do you mean Maxell?"
Bryan: "NO VINNY YOU'RE AN IDIOT"
Granny: "Max-E-L-L?"
Bryan: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao

vinny: it also says medium-roast more caffeine
bryan: that's weird... oh no

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Honestly considering signing up for the video service just to rewatch the first 10 minutes of that show

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I actually thought those were VHS tapes when I saw the image... I think I listen to too much F4W content.

Do they do drops anymore? Or did Alvarez stop that after getting trolled one too many times?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

triplexpac posted:

I actually thought those were VHS tapes when I saw the image... I think I listen to too much F4W content.

Do they do drops anymore? Or did Alvarez stop that after getting trolled one too many times?

I think he stopped because he got a copyright strike on the video service for playing the Coast to Coast theme

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the drops stopped long before that. i think he just got new equipment and never set it up again. could be wrong tho

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
It’s too bad, I’m kind of nostalgic for all the ways they could work Great Khali quotes or “I’m done Gus” into classic songs.

I feel like Retro Raw/Nitro could have been a goldmine for new drops, now that Rodman and Savage have live mics.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

been catching up on the b&v retro shows

i'm beyond shocked bryan liked mid-1999 wcw

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Vertical Lime posted:

i'm beyond shocked bryan liked mid-1999 wcw

When you see something in a tailspin and there's nothing you can do to stop it, there's nothing to do but admire the spectacle

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Yeah I first signed up in early 2014 I think and I really miss the song contests so drat much. It's probably the worst part of the changes that have happened over the years, including the loss of Sin Lamente.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
SCOTLAND FOREVER!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Go RV! posted:

When you see something in a tailspin and there's nothing you can do to stop it, there's nothing to do but admire the spectacle

Yeah, he's said before that part of the charm is that he already knows how the story ends, so he doesn't have to have hope that things get better or question their booking decisions, because he knows in a little over a year the company is gonna be done.

Meanwhile he's also watching Raw and seeing the origin points/proto-form of everything he hates about modern day WWE forming, and knows that not only are things not going to improve, they're going to get worse AND the company keeps going strong.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I knew every single beat of the Max[w]ell House VHS tape bit before listening to it and it was still incredible.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1028198101125750785

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Hearing a voice other than Bryan is a shock

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

If any one isn't a regular Observer Radio lstener they should check out the last 20 or so minutes of this for Dave recapping TNA getting their SpikeTV deal cancelled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

OctoberCountry posted:

If any one isn't a regular Observer Radio lstener they should check out the last 20 or so minutes of this for Dave recapping TNA getting their SpikeTV deal cancelled.

Dave basically calling Velvet Sky a loving liar was so great.