Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Cage posted:

Yeah! Lets help the new people with snark!

It helps to know who not to associate with, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Jose Mengelez posted:

1) get ruiner 2000
2) activate the special vehicle mission "fully loaded"
3) ignore objectives
4) spend 20 minutes spamming infinite, hyper agile homing rockets at opressors and deluxos from the safety of an explosion proof car.
5) force them into passive mode then walk around them in circles spamming the chicken taunt

^^^ Truth, saw Alpha do this today, works great. Ghilliemaster on yt calls it "The Fly Swatter"

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad
One of the funky things about post-hangar aircraft is that they have armour upgrades in the mod shop. So by default the strikeforce may be unimpressively sturdy, but with full upgrades it takes 6 homing rockets to destroy, which is apparently double the other toughest non-Avenger aircraft according to this brief test video.

Kiavahr fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Aug 8, 2018

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

It's also incredibly resilient in crashes with the local scenery. I pinged it off trees multiple times last night and kept clipping my wings on everything trying to get used to doing attack runs, and it just kept flying with no issues. I kept expecting one of them to just rip the wing off like with everything else, but that plane is solid. I've got full armor on mine, which might explain a lot :v:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Why did my hatchet kills stop counting, I got it down to 15 and have done a shitload since then but no unlock.

more like FAILdows get it
Nov 19, 2007

punch a friend in the butt
Is there some general wisdom for figuring out why you can't connect to a game with particular friends online? We're on Xbox One, open NAT, ports forwarded, IPv6, the whole shebang. Party chat works, all other games work, just GTA Online that tells us it can't find the session, or it timed out, or just failed to connect. Been playing this game since release and it's always been finnicky but this entire year has been terrible, we can play together maybe 30-40% of the time we try. It's almost more frustrating that it randomly works sometimes because I can't even conceive of what the problem would be. Rockstar and Microsoft support are obviously unhelpful, and our ISPs have confirmed we have open NAT and appropriate ports. Is there anything else we can do?

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

ElwoodCuse posted:

Why did my hatchet kills stop counting, I got it down to 15 and have done a shitload since then but no unlock.

Aw dang, I think you had to do them within the week it came out :/ it ended Tuesday

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action
https://gfycat.com/MemorableSimpleCapeghostfrog.webm

Locobono fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Aug 9, 2018

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
Is GTA Online a fun game?

Like I've been playing a bit, bought a bunker and some upgrades for it and it makes a reasonable amount of money that I've been saving up for that flying motorbike, but honestly, the missions in Online all seem really boring compared to the single player ones.

Outside of running heists and so on with friends, and griefing people trying to deliver supplies or whatever, is there anything to really look forward to?

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

No.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Pararoid posted:

Is GTA Online a fun game?

Like I've been playing a bit, bought a bunker and some upgrades for it and it makes a reasonable amount of money that I've been saving up for that flying motorbike, but honestly, the missions in Online all seem really boring compared to the single player ones.

Outside of running heists and so on with friends, and griefing people trying to deliver supplies or whatever, is there anything to really look forward to?

You can look forward to... well, nothing. If you're not down with playing the same few heists & selling off your business stock then you're probably going to hate the poo poo out of this game. Fun is subjective. I have a lot of fun hanging out with randoms & seeing what kind of trouble we get up to. Sometimes you run into a cool wizard modder who flies you around the map, spawns a bunch of random cool vehicles, etc & that's pretty cool, but honestly the most fun you can have is when you've got a large group of people to play adversary modes or other PvP event type modes.

It's a shame the PC LLJK crew doesnt do anything fun together anymore, or really anything together for that matter but there are plenty of large crews that do weekly or monthly events like race meets, car shows, etc.

just pay a modder to give you all the money & play this poo poo casually because if you're already bored it's just gonna get worse

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Hugh Malone posted:

Aw dang, I think you had to do them within the week it came out :/ it ended Tuesday

No, I got it. Either switching sessions worked, or I was using the wrong hatchet after I died, or both.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Is there a go to plan if you're pinned down by a sniper in similar circumstances? Beach, coast, desert, hills- anywhere the hunter can get the high ground and pop you as soon as you spawn. Or if you are able to get a tiny bit of cover, as soon as you peek out to try to find them. Often times this is not by a usable road so summoning up the MOC or other car isn't usually handy

Go passive as quickly as you can or go into a job, back out and hopefully respawn somewhere else.

quote:

To me, this is about the most frustrating scenario. I'm not a huge FPS/twitchy type player anyway, especially with sniping and trying to pick out targets. Even with the thermal scope and its big orange SHOOT HERE graphics, by the time I get a target identified and lined up, they've had time to eat their lunch, read a book, and still take me out. When this is what the game breaks down to, I'll give it one or two trys before I bail and find an escape route

You use a controller? My aim's pretty poo poo, especially when playing with free aim. I'm slow on the draw when it comes to acquiring targets and by the time I have a shot lined up, I miss and get popped, even when using the mouse to aim.

I usually do better when playing with full or even partial aim assist on. Splash damage from explosives and missile lock-on are my best friends.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
My friends and I will scour the social club for dumb looking races, and gather once a week and be idiots. So if you ask me, game is still fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h5BN-HrBp8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoHJ9pmBqBE

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

logged on to online for the first time in a long time, was inundated with so many calls and left-corner reminders about business i NEED to buy that i couldn't really interact with the world around me

gta online is a mobile game on steroids and it makes me incredibly nervous for the red dead online experience

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Tercio posted:

logged on to online for the first time in a long time, was inundated with so many calls and left-corner reminders about business i NEED to buy that i couldn't really interact with the world around me

gta online is a mobile game on steroids and it makes me incredibly nervous for the red dead online experience

they didn't have the internet or cellphones back then so get ready for the pony express to follow you everywhere

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
https://giant.gfycat.com/NeighboringCautiousHylaeosaurus.webm

Grand Theft Auto Online is a very fun game played by many people. Probably the most people.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Please post more good words and less bad gifs.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Yeah I'm not sure what's up with his gifs. They seem like standard everyday Oppressor stuff to me. While still cool, there's nothing notable that happens.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw_oH5oiUSE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBLdQ1a4-JI

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

we really need a thread for that game already; i can't tolerate getting all my news and speculation from redditors

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This really cajoles my frijoles. I'll try to work up a thread of some sort today.

I just wish it was launching on PC.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

How close did we get to the release date of GTA5 before it got delayed, that's my biggest concern at this point. "As a game of this scope needs extraordinary amounts of work to get right, we regret to announce we are moving it to Spring 2019 to ensure the best possible experience."

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
didn't they delay RDR2 like two or three times now? You might be safe :v:

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Two delays so far. Last Take 2 shareholders call indicated no further delays, plus the marketing campaign has begun. Release date is final.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
but don't worry, the bank robbery missions will be delayed by 18 months.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Tercio posted:

Two delays so far. Last Take 2 shareholders call indicated no further delays, plus the marketing campaign has begun. Release date is final.

The big question is the PC release date. When GTA5 came out on consoles I was expecting PC release within a year, but then the new generation of consoles came out and they decided to rerelease on those before a PC release so it was the longest gap between console and PC release of any GTA game. I've heard people talking about a PS5 but I assume that's far enough off that we won't have to worry about it this time? I mean I'm gonna get RDR2 for PS4 anyway, but I'd already like to replay it on PC as soon as possible.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Sometimes you run into a cool wizard modder who flies you around the map, spawns a bunch of random cool vehicles, etc & that's pretty cool

just pay a modder to give you all the money & play this poo poo casually because if you're already bored it's just gonna get worse

wtf, definitely don't pay modders for cash. why pay 10bux for 10mil or whatever when you can just pay 10bux for your own mod menu and give yourself and others infinite billions?
you're running the same risk of getting banned/reset the only difference is you're being a lickspittle pussy about it and paying some nerd's world of warcraft subscription.

if you get overexcited seeing people spawn in vehicles there's always fivem. even has some fun looking custom modes gta:o lacks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz_I5mOOxFc

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Jose Mengelez posted:

wtf, definitely don't pay modders for cash. why pay 10bux for 10mil or whatever when you can just pay 10bux for your own mod menu and give yourself and others infinite billions?
you're running the same risk of getting banned/reset the only difference is you're being a lickspittle pussy about it and paying some nerd's world of warcraft subscription.

if you get overexcited seeing people spawn in vehicles there's always fivem. even has some fun looking custom modes gta:o lacks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz_I5mOOxFc

Risk of receiving mod money != risk of modding

Smart play would be to buy a code for a second account, mod it and dump cash on the first.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Locobono posted:

Risk of receiving mod money != risk of modding

nah brah haven't you heard? rockstar will ban you for nothing brah. rockstar banned my mate gary just for being too good at the game brah. truth brah. look it up brah.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Content!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjoG89Dk86Y

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

More content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPNIx4eeXBE

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Jose Mengelez posted:

nah brah haven't you heard? rockstar will ban you for nothing brah. rockstar banned my mate gary just for being too good at the game brah. truth brah. look it up brah.

I do recall some folks getting undeserved bans or resets during the hotlap circuit initial release. I don't know of all of those accounts got fully restored.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Rad-daddio posted:

I do recall some folks getting undeserved bans or resets during the hotlap circuit initial release. I don't know of all of those accounts got fully restored.

Mine did and somehow they hosed up again and gave me about $60m in the process, but the first time I opened a ticket I was basically told to gently caress off, no appeals, the system is flawless, thanks for your 20 years of patronage and buying the game twice, dumbass. I didn't get a response to the second one, but after thousands of people had flooded reddit, user reviews, etc., they quietly reversed the bans and acted like nothing had happened. Billion-dollar QA, folks.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Ahh gently caress I missed Hunting Pack? Well that's the last time I ever leave my house to hang out with real life friends!

SplitSoul posted:

20 years of patronage

Pictured: a handsome boy playing GTA1 at a LAN party in 1998

davebo fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Aug 10, 2018

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

davebo posted:

Ahh gently caress I missed Hunting Pack? Well that's the last time I ever leave my house to hang out with real life friends!

Look at that sweet rear end keyboard :cheeky:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Red Dead Thread Bred, please read.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3865601

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

davebo posted:

I forgot how goddamned dingy those PCs could get. The marvels of UV-decayed plastics. :allears:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
which of you is this :stare:

https://twitter.com/drbmbdgty/status/1028130383911501824

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
My normal commute.