Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Also, there's no reason to keep Malcolm Mitchell for $2, now that the Patriots cut him, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

Also, there's no reason to keep Malcolm Mitchell for $2, now that the Patriots cut him, right?

Maybe see if he gets picked up, but if the Patriots don't like him I doubt anyone else will.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

Honestly, even if you cut him, you can probably get him back for that price. He's currently hurt and unemployed.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

Honestly, even if you cut him, you can probably get him back for that price. He's currently hurt and unemployed.

Yeah. Just drop him.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Sooo Fat Rob, Perine?? Do they bring in Demarco Murray or someone?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

sourdough posted:

fat rob

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

sourdough posted:

Chris Thompson should be back from his ACL

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Chris Thompson should be back from his ACL

Thompson can't handle a full workload and himself said he probably won't be back to full strength until November. I would not bump his draft stock too much on this news

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Redskins fan here. Abandon the run game. Everybody who isn't Thompson sucks.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Redskins fan here. Abandon the run game. Everybody who isn't Thompson sucks.

But Fat Rob should get the volume. He's not good, but will likely be a mid to low end RB2.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Unless Adrian Peterson briefly stops beating his children to answer a phone call

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Fat Rob is a classic "need 2 yards he'll give you 4, need 6 yards he'll give you 4" guy

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

sourdough posted:

Do they bring in Demarco Murray or someone?

They should call demarco imo

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

MacheteZombie posted:

They should call demarco imo

DeMarco retired. I don't know if he retired because he didn't think he'd find a team or be a starter or if he's actually done with the game.

Though I'm sure he could still do some work.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If anyone is interested in a sneaky sleeper you can probably get Demarcus Robinson for a dollar.

He's tearing up camp, like he did last year, like he did in the playoff game. He's gonna beat Conley for #3 receiver and with Hill and Watkins and Kelce he's gonna be covered by a linebacker a lot.

https://twitter.com/ClayWendler/status/1027733055572725765

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Thompson will be on the field week 1. Not sure where this mid-November talk is coming from.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Alfalfa posted:

Thompson will be on the field week 1. Not sure where this mid-November talk is coming from.

From his own lips. He will most likely be a go for week 1 but he has said he doesn't believe he'll be back to his previous form/full strength until November.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Alfalfa posted:

It came from some jamoke named Chris Thompson. He'll be on the field but not fully back

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41025665-4

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It was a pretty gnarly injury, way worse than a regular torn ACL. It's hardly a hot take to suggest he won't be 100% in Week 1.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Deon Cain, who was a deep sleeper in Indy, is also dead, harvested by the ACL God :rip:

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Aug 11, 2018

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Spoeank posted:

Deon Cain, who was a deep sleeper in Indy, is also dead, harvested by the ACL God :rip:

They need to call Dez.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zauper posted:

But Fat Rob should get the volume. He's not good, but will likely be a mid to low end RB2.

Fat Rob sucks. There's nothing likely about this situation. Perine might be better, Kapri Bibbs might take a role, or Washington might pass more. Warren Sharpe expects their schedule to be brutal for RBs.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cain was on my sleep list that sucks

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Guice-less BeerSheets are up: https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/96ds88/beersheets_20180810_guice_on_ice_edition/

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Hey beer is there any way for you to do Dynasty beer sheets or no?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1027958792485519362
https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1027980189685440513

Let's check in on Rashaad Penny truthers...

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Stay away from Seattle backfield.

You guys know better.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

Hey beer is there any way for you to do Dynasty beer sheets or no?

Nope. It's primarily projection based and projecting a career is an exercise in futility.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Does anything exist that would give auction $ values for a dynasty league? I’ve googled endlessly with no luck.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
The football guys draft app will do it, costs :5bux: on the app/play store.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Nice thanks

Edit: I bought it and there doesn’t seem to be any auction $ values...

RCarr fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Aug 11, 2018

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

RCarr posted:

Nice thanks

Edit: I bought it and there doesn’t seem to be any auction $ values...

I think fantasypros auction calculator?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Game of Roto needs two more owners to get to 14 in this goon PPR auction keeper league! Please join us!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3863885

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Zauper posted:

I think fantasypros auction calculator?

I have the MVP subscription and I dinked around in there and couldn't find Dyno values

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I've never even heard of dynasty auction values that are anything other than people making poo poo up. Auction value calculations are based on projected player value, which doesn't exist for dynasty.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I guess I’ll just use redraft auction values and bump up younger players, and wide receivers then?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Edit nope nevermind I was wrong

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

I guess I’ll just use redraft auction values and bump up younger players, and wide receivers then?

Probably should be a little more complicated than that assuming the benches are substantially deeper than redraft.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

sourdough posted:

Probably should be a little more complicated than that assuming the benches are substantially deeper than redraft.

Well the auction calculator let’s me set 16 man benches so I figure that takes care of that aspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

RCarr posted:

Well the auction calculator let’s me set 16 man benches so I figure that takes care of that aspect.

Take a trade calculator. Sum the raw values in it. Sum your leagues total auction dollars. Divide. That tells you the auction value per trade point. Multiply. Tada, homegrown crappy auction values.

Re: beer. Anything in fantasy is a projection game. ADP is the same kind of projection as Auction value. If people manage dynasty ADPs, they should be able to pull off the other.

Having that said; unless your scoring is really balanced or you predict more RZ passing to wr, don't go overweight on WR.