Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

the switch hackers discovered a security backdoor on the smash website and found some unlaunched promo materials for a future fighter, Ill put it in spoiler tags for those who want to stay surprised.

@elfbutt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
JapanYoshi

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

quote:

I had always presumed there would be a team of researchers mining Nintendo history for possible items and assist-trophy cameos but in fact Sakurai comes up with a lot of them himself, working from a huge list of ideas that gets narrowed down to cameos and items that aren’t too samey. “In gaming in general, a lot of characters fight with swords,” he says gloomily.
:smith:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I was reading that some people believe the pixelated menu option says "spirit". If you notice in all the FMVs for the character reveals characters are dying and even having their spirits removed like Mario and Luigi. There is even that new weapon that removes someone's spirit. There are also many boss fighters added to the game like Ridley king k rool Dracula and the monster Hunter guy. So I think the story of the main game will be like sub space spirit where you go through the battles fighting bosses to unlock the spirits of the characters you're unlocking.

Sakurai has complained about the cost of making the FMVs in the previous smash and that is why they left out story mode so I think they will reuse the character reveals FMVs for the story mode of the game. So what we are seeing is also bits of the main story

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i think he killed luigi cuz it was cool

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Brawl story mode was the best thing in the world, just do that again.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

elf help book posted:

i think he killed luigi cuz it was cool

also that guy deserved it!!!!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

also that guy deserved it!!!!

luigi is a known memer and was probably pushing for waluigi to be added into the game, he had to be killed

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah the blurred out menu option has to be the singleplayer stuff, its the only thing they havent talked about. they revealed classic mode but it wasnt shown on the menu, so itll likely be a subcategory of that.

but yeah, subspace was loving awesome especially with a friend. there were like 200 unique enemies and mobs from tons of game series. taking mario through a castlevania themed level fighting Red Bones and Axe armors..theres already so much content in this game but theres an insane amount of potential for a campaign lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The climax of the Kroll reveal trailer is 100% like the cinematics that would play in Subspace before a battle started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-gfC1upmoA&t=95s

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

the switch hackers discovered a security backdoor on the smash website and found some unlaunched promo materials for a future fighter, Ill put it in spoiler tags for those who want to stay surprised.

Its marns leg

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
is smash a good single player game? ive never played one cos it doesnt seem like thats what its about and as far as online games go i only really like racing.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

they all are except smash 4. hopefully ultimate will have some good rear end poo poo again

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

American McGay posted:

The climax of the Kroll reveal trailer is 100% like the cinematics that would play in Subspace before a battle started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-gfC1upmoA&t=95s

yeah all the CG stuff has to be cutscenes from a campaign. god i cant wait

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

I.N.R.I posted:

is smash a good single player game? ive never played one cos it doesnt seem like thats what its about and as far as online games go i only really like racing.

It's personally one of my favorite games of all time but because of multi-player. One player mode is fun for unlocking stuff but I've never went back to it after everything was unlocked

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i like unlocking trophies and stuff and completing the challenges or achievements or whatever theyre called

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

if you like looking at nintendo things you know, check out super smash bros ultimate

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

elf help book posted:

i like unlocking trophies and stuff and completing the challenges or achievements or whatever theyre called

me too.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mewtwo is gonna be unlocked by beating the hidden superboss in the postgame of the 40 hour campaign

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
What if the hidden icon on the smash menu is Kirby's Air Ride 2? :thunk:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

It's a lot better than most fighting games, but the Wii U version of Smash 4 was pretty lacking, which was disappointing after the 3DS version and Brawl both had great modes. Not much has been revealed about Ultimate's singleplayer yet.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Stan Taylor posted:

What if the hidden icon on the smash menu is Kirby's Air Ride 2? :thunk:

Or the unreleased n64 one

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/ItsBigPurp/status/1027447186366365696

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i don't want to play smash ultiamte but now i'm a member of the psychotic smash subculture who wanted ashley in the game and didn't get her and are waging war against the psychotic waluigi in smash wanters

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
both can get the hell out imo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

i don't want to play smash ultiamte but now i'm a member of the psychotic smash subculture who wanted ashley in the game and didn't get her and are waging war against the psychotic waluigi in smash wanters

You have my axe.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

American McGay posted:

Play it in Dolphin in 1080p. GameCube and Wii games look so freaking good upscaled you'd be an idiot not to take advantage of it.

I know, years ago I used dolphin and it was loving awesome. Mario sunshine in 1080p looked amazing and people even released some texture packs for it. I am just lazy and don’t want to set up my laptop to work with my home theatre system and also set up my wii to rip the discs to make the ROMs. I just want Nintendo to do it and take my money

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

You can download the Rom if you delete it after 24 hours

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

[While posting on a forum run by a dying conman who owes millions in back taxes and spwnt 7 years living in an office park with a weird diaper pedophile who talked like baby huey)
Its to hard to get Homealone 2 up amd running on an emulator. I have the super wolfdrive set up but it only dumps to smc files (outdated filetype and bad headers) andt the cartridge has a lot of dusty contacts

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

[While posting on a forum run by a dying conman who owes millions in back taxes and spwnt 7 years living in an office park with a weird diaper pedophile who talked like baby huey)
Its to hard to get Homealone 2 up amd running on an emulator. I have the super wolfdrive set up but it only dumps to smc files (outdated filetype and bad headers) andt the cartridge has a lot of dusty contacts

Lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

lmfao

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lmfao

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lmfao