Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
This isn't particularly related to Nintendo anymore but the story keeps going on and I can't get enough of it.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1028295564675440640

Also, he apparently already removed the "not an apology" apology video, after it being up for like 12 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I felt bad for the guy because I would probably be having some pretty dark thoughts if I were in his position. I definitely did not consider that he might just start blaming everyone else and denying what he did.

Oh well, it’s 2018 after all.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

UnExplored for Switch is fun but I've already gotten a couple of hard crashes that I haven't been able to figure out, which is kind of awful for a roguelike where you have one shot to get through the game. Hopefully it gets patched soon.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Fallom posted:

I felt bad for the guy because I would probably be having some pretty dark thoughts if I were in his position. I definitely did not consider that he might just start blaming everyone else and denying what he did.

Oh well, it’s 2018 after all.

Anytime you see a video by a "YouTuber" just pretend it was done by someone roughly 5 years younger and the video will always make more sense.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

e: looks like he deleted his apology video and the video announcing he was working for IGN

testtubebaby fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 11, 2018

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
What a twat.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

They're dumbing down Red/Blue in the Let's Go games to hilarious degrees. Latest is just them getting the chance to redo a dumb puzzle and instead of making it interesting they just got rid of it entirely.

(Originally in the gameboy version there were rows of trash cans. There was no real hint to which ones you needed to click and they shuffled if you got them wrong. You had to get 2 right in a row to fight the boss.
Instead of giving them a subtle visual tell or something like that the answer is to apparently paint them neon and get rid of it entirely.)

It's one of those things where if you're excited for the games that's honestly fine and cool and I hope you enjoy it, but I do genuinely wonder why they're dumbing it down this hard. I don't really buy the "it's for the kids" excuse when I had to do all this stuff as a kid when it first came out and I didn't have trouble.

So this is an unambiguously positive change

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Edit: oops, forgot this is the switch thread

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I can't believe they're dumbing down a video game by making the new version not explicitly waste my loving time

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
In the wiiu captain toad, if you want to do the hide and seek game you have to scan the amiibo every drat stage. Why couldn't scanning unlock a menu option or something

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
What’s the point of having the puzzle if it’s not a puzzle anymore, just an obvious thing to delay the game like 15 seconds

“Find two random bins” is at least satisfying when you do it

E:

Bleck posted:

I can't believe they're dumbing down a video game by making the new version not explicitly waste my loving time

How is this not a bigger waste of time

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

heeheex2 posted:

What’s the point of having the puzzle if it’s not a puzzle anymore, just an obvious thing to delay the game like 15 seconds

No it isn't, it's random.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

Qubee posted:

What are some fun games for two people to co-op in?

If you want to maintain a friendship: snipperclips

If you want to tear it apart: overcooked

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

heeheex2 posted:

How is this not a bigger waste of time

Because less time is wasted.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

heeheex2 posted:

lmfao no

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Okami chat: who the gently caress thought it was a good idea to have 30 second cutscene every time you feed an animal?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Looking forward to getting around to Okami eventually but I need to clear my backlog a bit before starting a 60 hour game.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Bongo Bill posted:

Because less time is wasted.

Doing a puzzle isn’t a waste of time lol. Y’all not being satisfied doesn’t mean that’s not what it does

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

heeheex2 posted:

Doing a puzzle isn’t a waste of time lol. Y’all not being satisfied doesn’t mean that’s not what it does

The original puzzle was not actually a puzzle.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

zenintrude posted:

e: looks like he deleted his apology video and the video announcing he was working for IGN

Flip Mucinex

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's my favourite MMX boss

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I don't think some of you get that randomly picking things and hoping you got it right is not a "puzzle", it's just stupid.

Coloring them is actually a step up from -10 to -9 on the :effort: scale

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

What the gently caress does that even mean?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Whooo cares

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

gey muckle mowser posted:

Okami chat: who the gently caress thought it was a good idea to have 30 second cutscene every time you feed an animal?

Press plus twice.

This also works for day/night changes and pretty much anything you might want to skip.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Imagine being the kind of person who skips the feeding the critters cutscenes though, yikes

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Sakurazuka posted:

Please don't give Doom to an 8 year old

Please give Doom to an 8 year old, it rules.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

zenintrude posted:

What the gently caress does that even mean?

I think thats a plagiarized version of Kevin Spaceys apology for being a diddler or whatever he did

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Sakurazuka posted:

Please give Doom to an 8 year old

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

lelandjs posted:

Press plus twice.

This also works for day/night changes and pretty much anything you might want to skip.

Yeah I figured that out after sitting through 4-5 of them. Still weird that those exist at all.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

The waluigi of video games journalists

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Neddy Seagoon posted:

:siren:AusGoons:siren:

If you're jealous of that LABO Cardboard Nintendo Switch, There's now a contest to win two! Five runners-up (for, I presume, each category) each get a set of LABO JoyCons.

All you have to do is either submit your best-decorated ToyCon from the Variety Kit or Robot Kit, or show off your own (working and Garage-programmed) ToyCon invention.

Oh man, if only I lived in Australia.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
drat the VC4 demo is pretty solid. You get to play the first 3 chapters and it gives you 2 skirmish maps to play with it. Honestly surprised to get a demo like this in 2018.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I'm finishing up Octopath and my hot take is that it's entirely OK as a game. I just wish it were better. Like imagine if you stole an item before you challenged someone and that had an actual impact on the fight? What if the pacing was less awful? What if the characters interacted more? What if the bosses had more than the same handful of tricks?

I bet a sequel would be really good!

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Has Dark Souls been quietly canceled or anything? I know it was on an E3 reel but past that has there been any news at all?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

is the vc4 demo on the noa eshop?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Zas posted:

is the vc4 demo on the noa eshop?

Yes

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Atlas Hugged posted:

I'm finishing up Octopath and my hot take is that it's entirely OK as a game. I just wish it were better. Like imagine if you stole an item before you challenged someone and that had an actual impact on the fight? What if the pacing was less awful? What if the characters interacted more? What if the bosses had more than the same handful of tricks?

Yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Atlas Hugged posted:

It's mainly the characters not interacting being the worst thing. Not sure how that one made it through basic game design.

• Locked thread