Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Perhaps one of them isn't counting overkill damage?

Like, if someone's on 10 health, and you rail them, maybe the medals count 90 but the scoreboard only counts 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Was that your first match? The 5k medal is cumulative for the day, isn't it?

Or you mean like the medals the awards... I was thinking of the daily. Hmm, maybe its a bug.

Medal in the awards. I got my first 5k+ game yesterday anyway. Pretty fun when you get matched up with similarly skilled opponents.

Jabor posted:

Perhaps one of them isn't counting overkill damage?

Like, if someone's on 10 health, and you rail them, maybe the medals count 90 but the scoreboard only counts 10.

I think it also counts overkill damage? Because in the 5k game (scoreboard) I got 7 or so quad damage kills with a super shotgun.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

It used to not count special damage. There’s definitely some kinks in it still.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Grabbed the QuakeCon HMG, looks sweet. I have every gun model unlocked (had to throw that brag in) and I've got to say the only one that I didn't like was the Q4 SNG. I hate the stupid hum on it.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.
realized I dumped the wrong one second time

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

last game of the nigh

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Time to watch twitch.tv/bethesda for goodies

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

k, game is f2p permanently, go get it now :D

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
F2P Permanently

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

kaschei posted:

Time to watch twitch.tv/bethesda for goodies

Doom looks great, when do we get our poo poo?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

MysteriousStranger posted:

Doom looks great, when do we get our poo poo?

i logged in and had it already

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

boar guy posted:

i logged in and had it already

What is it I don't see anything?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i guess i spoke too soon cuz i only got the gun :

but you're supposed to get

Quake Champions
- Quakecon 2018 "Embers" Nameplate & Icon
- 2x Reliquaries
- 1000 Shards
- 3 Day XP Boost

...if you linked your twitch and bethesda accounts and then watched the keynote today

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

boar guy posted:

i guess i spoke too soon cuz i only got the gun :

but you're supposed to get

Quake Champions
- Quakecon 2018 "Embers" Nameplate & Icon
- 2x Reliquaries
- 1000 Shards
- 3 Day XP Boost

...if you linked your twitch and bethesda accounts and then watched the keynote today

Yeah that's what I'm missing..... I have the gun

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
poo poo my accounts weren't linked

Dumb system

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Zaphod42 posted:

poo poo my accounts weren't linked

Dumb system

I'm sure there will be a place to bitch about it later, and ya'll should idle in discord as well so we can keep our channel and voice bo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Oh, I kinda figured the keynote would be in the evening.... I work for a living

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Apparently the freebies will be given out over the next week.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

hawowanlawow posted:

No kidding, eh

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

hawowanlawow posted:

Locked my home PC into it and left it running at work. I have one of those IT people jobs.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
My daily reward isn't doubled at all :( I want my 4x Reliq

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

What are the thoughts on f2p release? I’m worried at this state a ton of people will log in just like e3 and leave just as fast. Are they throwing in the towel? Was expecting actual news like the next champion or something.

Someone on the reddit mentioned how Warframe came out pretty barebones at first then a couple years later it’s doing well. Maybe same thing can happen for Quake champions.

I’m staying positive but at least a Diabotical backup plan is on the horizon.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
My kneejerk reaction to f2p is an influx of cheaters but it should overall help the growth of the game.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Audax posted:

My daily reward isn't doubled at all :( I want my 4x Reliq

it is normally 1 reliquary. even then, who cares? today my login reliquary contained a chest, which also contained duplicates

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Xenaero posted:

My kneejerk reaction to f2p is an influx of cheaters but it should overall help the growth of the game.

i vaguely recall them saying they're using some licensed third party anticheat, so at least that's better than nothing. a system like cs:go's overwatch to review and vote on demos of reported players would be pretty good in addition to that though.

where would i go to spam that idea at them in the hopes someone sees it?

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Social Animal posted:

What are the thoughts on f2p release? I’m worried at this state a ton of people will log in just like e3 and leave just as fast. Are they throwing in the towel? Was expecting actual news like the next champion or something.

Someone on the reddit mentioned how Warframe came out pretty barebones at first then a couple years later it’s doing well. Maybe same thing can happen for Quake champions.

I’m staying positive but at least a Diabotical backup plan is on the horizon.

it was always going to move to F2P iirc

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Yeah that was always the plan.

Also Champ Pack is on sale again for Quakecon

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
uh, so is quake champions out of early access now?

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Finally out of EA. Now people won't complain it's taking forever and people can just jump in.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Jose Mengelez posted:

uh, so is quake champions out of early access now?

Still says early access on Steam

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I remember playing Quake 2 over at a friends house when I was younger. The only map he wanted to play was that three platforms one with jump pads in the middle. I frankly wasn't impressed with it compared to Jedi Knight 2 or Halo at the time. Also he gave me a burned copy of Quake 2 that blew up my lovely little Windows 98 computer.

I've long gotten bored of Call of Duty style multiplier though, so I'm giving this a whirl.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Right I just wasn’t expecting them to do it at this state. There isn’t even a proper tutorial system for jumping.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I missed out on the e3 starter pack and got into the f2p. This game is exactly what I am looking for so I'm grabbing the champions pack.

I haven't played a FPS on a computer in a while. I noticed my Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse kinda suck (mainly membrane keyboard seems terrible) any recommendations for decent KB+M?

Also, I'm playing on a 1060 6GB on a 2K monitor using high. I get high fps but a lot of screen tearing. Is that just my monitor refresh rate?

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Housh posted:

I haven't played a FPS on a computer in a while. I noticed my Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse kinda suck (mainly membrane keyboard seems terrible) any recommendations for decent KB+M?

https://www.daskeyboard.com/p/prime13-mechanical-keyboard/

https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-600

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Housh posted:

I missed out on the e3 starter pack and got into the f2p. This game is exactly what I am looking for so I'm grabbing the champions pack.

Also, I'm playing on a 1060 6GB on a 2K monitor using high. I get high fps but a lot of screen tearing. Is that just my monitor refresh rate?

What's the refresh on that monitor? This is really a game that favors a 144hz/240hz monitor. And what are the FPS.

MysteriousStranger fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 11, 2018

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

What's the refresh on that keyboard? This is really a game that favors a 144hz/240hz monitor. And what are the FPS.
2560x1440 @ 60Hz average around 115fps....that's probably my problem :(

Housh fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 11, 2018

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
lotta clueless rangers running around with machineguns all of a sudden.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Housh posted:

2560x1440 @ 60Hz average around 115fps....that's probably my problem :(

60hz is a huge problem right there. What's the input delay?

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Jose Mengelez posted:

lotta clueless rangers running around with machineguns all of a sudden.

It's free and most of the try hards are at or watching quakecon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

60hz is a huge problem right there. What's the input delay?
How do I figure that out? I'm guessing huge since it's a busted iMac in target display mode using Displayport.

Also, what's a decent monitor cause I'm gonna have to replace this eventually