Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Tenebrais posted:

Very much so. The immediate action is all resolved and the characters are mostly just talking out their poo poo with each other. The only thing really left to wrap up is Zarei at the school.

Also Day following Zarei to the school where she will see something Spender/Zarei probably didn't want her to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

well, we don't know for sure what happened to hijack. We assume he got split and faded, but we don't know.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
P.J. poking at Spender and Spender trying to ignore it because, you know, school and all, is wonderful. Also, I wonder what his unfinished business is; "exceptionally stubborn jerks" feels like a reference to Francisco, and P.J. doesn't exactly have the most forceful personality, so it doesn't seem like that part should be referring to him even before considering that, you know, the panel focuses on him when Isabel mentions unfinished business and all.

Also yeah, this seems like it's winding down but we have to see what happens with Zarei and Day, at the least, before the chapter ends.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im p sure hijack and his brother both just being entirely murdered is a little darker than zack intends w this comic

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kidcoelacanth posted:

The chalkboard though

idk why please respect me

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pjs so happy to find more people to bother

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tollymain posted:

im p sure hijack and his brother both just being entirely murdered is a little darker than zack intends w this comic

I'm still joking about hoping for New Hijack, ghost-cyborg right-brain left-brain tag team.

Failing that, I hope he's not gone for good at least.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

As the comic progresses Zarai will lose more and more of her children in horrible, traumatizing ways. We'll know the comic is over when her last child dies.

I agree Zack probably isn't going to kill off Hijack for good.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I doubt hijack is dead, but I do think the plot is pretty much resolved for him for now. Either Zarei will find him injured and they have a heart-to-heart, or he'll disappear to turn up later having possessed a sock or something.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
it would be perfectly in line with this comic's style for hijack to possess a tool that then falls into jeff's hands

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Hijack will possess a Wiimote.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Raposa posted:

and then

control things

this is too perfect, this isn't conjecture it's a spoiler

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Raposa posted:

One half in the wiimote the other half in the nunchuck.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Nuebot posted:

One half in the wiimote the other half in the nunchuck.

oh gently caress

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

but the switch came out during this schoolday

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

There are words of encouragement in today's update.

alt text: Also Max I don't know if you're left-handed or what but if you want me to flip which one of your arms is broken I got you pal

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

That alt text has terrifying implications.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im sure the comic doesnt take chirality into account

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Suzy is seconds away from murder attempt. :allears:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
holy poo poo i missed her the first time godd amn that face

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tollymain posted:

holy poo poo i missed her the first time godd amn that face

Lmao :same:

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Guess Isabel can get those stars, now.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Hm, looking back, yeah, we pretty bluntly never get shown Francisco's feet.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rand Brittain posted:

Hm, looking back, yeah, we pretty bluntly never get shown Francisco's feet.

Yep. I was going to comment that he's also pretty top-heavy, but looking at some strips it turns out it's not as exaggerated as I remembered, compared to, say, his ghost pupil who Zarei treated back at the beginning of this chapter. (Though his robe hangs straight down past his waist rather than bulging out, except when he's sitting, which still suggests a ghost tail under there. Or that he never, ever moves his legs while in-panel, I suppose.)

...But, on the topic of that, I saw this page again while trying to look for examples of Francisco's physique. This time, his first line in panel four stood out to me; in the past, I just read it as him not caring about leaving Mayview, but if you consider what can pass through the barrier, despite its supernatural nature (Nin's line in panel two, in case it's not obvious), you could interpret his line more literally: If he's a ghost, he's not trapped because he can just leave whenever he wants.

Not outright proof, but another thing to throw on the pile of hints and such.

Edit: On a tangent, I think that the barrier not blocking ghosts might be deliberate; trapping ghosts there, potentially preventing them from moving on or fulfilling their unfinished business or whatever, seems like a dick move even beyond the problems the barrier already presents to people. That hole could have been left to avert that.

Or maybe Francisco knew the person who made it and demanded that it not trap him, resulting in that particular exception. He's definitely enough of a dick to do that.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Aug 15, 2018

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Tollymain posted:

im sure the comic doesnt take chirality into account
If it did flipflop would be the deadliest character.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

PetraCore posted:

If it did flipflop would be the deadliest character.

If he's precise enough with his power, he could inflict or cure prion diseases.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Cat Mattress posted:

If he's precise enough with his power, he could inflict or cure prion diseases.
I am become Flipflop, destroyer of brains.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Oh, drat. She said “will you lose your social life, too?”.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Rand Brittain posted:

Oh, drat. She said “will you lose your social life, too?”.

yes, mina's got the sick burns

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I can't believe how much the art style has changed in this "chapter" alone.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I know Grandpa is abusive to Isabel (even if he doesn't seem to realize he is) but it makes me wonder what exact arrangement is going on legally since dead people can't have guardianship of a kid. Parents checked out but still alive and people not in the know just assume Isabel's with them? One of his students is Isabel's legal guardian?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Update. It's a good one. (Don't forget to read the text below the comic, it's relevant.)

Lefty says, that's who Max.

The Bax is having a very strange day.

Alt-text: time for me to "plunge" into bed

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

This is a good page. I love this webcomic :unsmith:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a very good update

unrelatedly i had a thought just now, what do you think the odds are hijacks going to end up in the possession of one of johnnys true hearts foreverboys. what if all of johnny's crew end up w representatives of different factions in their hands. what if

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Hijack was cut in half.

Friendship fusion.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i just want hijack to stay dead because he sucked and was a waste of everyone's time

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Hijack is a good character, oxx.

He's two good characters. :gibs:

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

So, I just started the comic yesterday thanks to a mispost in the Gunnerkrigg Court thread, and now Rick is getting manipulated by his Boss who apparently does The Invisible Man cosplay and is also The Best into accepting an internal inspection by the Magic Dream Police.

So, yeah, I'd say I'm hooked.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Capfalcon posted:

So, I just started the comic yesterday thanks to a mispost in the Gunnerkrigg Court thread, and now Rick is getting manipulated by his Boss (who is also his Leader)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

BlackPersona posted:

This is a good page. I love this webcomic :unsmith:

Team Refrigerator Reminder continues to be a very healthy relationship.