Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
bloodied scarf is only good for mouse clickers, not controller flickers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
finally, i punched out the rat

little poo poo didn't even give me a cheevo for it

Helion
Apr 28, 2008
Just got Mourning Star for the first time. Yikes.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Snazzy Frocks posted:

bloodied scarf is only good for mouse clickers, not controller flickers

Have you ever tried holding the dodge button down

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude
Are synergies supposed to overwrite Duct Tape? I attached a Glacier to a Crestfaller, then picked up a Potion of Gun Friendship, and now all I have is a regular Crestfaller.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Maha posted:

Are synergies supposed to overwrite Duct Tape? I attached a Glacier to a Crestfaller, then picked up a Potion of Gun Friendship, and now all I have is a regular Crestfaller.

I would think synergies break duct tape since duct tape is pretty much just a forced synergy?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I love making it to the blacksmith for only the third time ever and not having a single ingredient

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

precision posted:

I love making it to the blacksmith for only the third time ever and not having a single ingredient

half the time you wont have anything

1st floor has no parts.
2nd floor has 1 part in the shop for 110.
3rd floor has 1 part in the minecart maze. you dont need water to do it. you can ride the cart and roll to the next cart ride the invisible path until you line up with a cart and hop over.
4th floor has 1 part You DO need water or oil or something that splashes on the floor as this part is in a big empty room with a spiked floor the path changes every time so you MUST bring a mess making weapon.
5th floor has 2 parts. 1 you get from talking to the blacksmith herself. one you get from killing the high dragun and then breaking his skull after you kill him (you can go back to the blacksmith after killing him)

It WILL take you multiple runs cause poo poo will happen lol

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

AkumaHokoru posted:

4th floor has 1 part You DO need water or oil or something that splashes on the floor as this part is in a big empty room with a invisible floor the path changes every time so you MUST bring a mess making weapon.

Or do what I did and use the casings ejected from the starter pistol to make a clear-ish path to the lead. it takes a while, but it works

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Or have some means of flying.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I almost always get the Primer and Gunpowder but have never brought them to the smith. :\

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Samuel Clemens posted:

Or have some means of flying.

Yeah I just ignored it until I got a run with wings. It's too irritating otherwise.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

drat horror queefs posted:

Yeah I just ignored it until I got a run with wings. It's too irritating otherwise.

:same:

This is how I roll. (shortly before getting my poo poo wrecked by the rat most likely)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Got the gnawed key to 5 shells and left it there waiting for the perfect run. Ended up getting it with Marine, ton of super good guns and a few helpful passives. Found the rats lair and went in and my game crashed and reset everything.

Haha I'm upset.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I finally beat the rat and my reward was three of the worst weapons in the game (bow + mac10 + helix) + a wheel of cheese.

I really don't like the implications that I have to do another 3 runs or get good at the punchout game in order to unlock the other three items (since there are 4 chests), let alone doing whatever it is I need to do to get my hands on the egg / snake in order to fight the advanced dragun.

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Aug 11, 2018

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
I just realized I haven't gotten the Magic Lamp once since AG&D. :(

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
yep mourning star is still my fav gun. something about orbital laser strikes just makes me happy

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

I finally beat the rat and my reward was three of the worst weapons in the game (bow + mac10 + helix) + a wheel of cheese.

I really don't like the implications that I have to do another 3 runs or get good at the punchout game in order to unlock the other three items (since there are 4 chests), let alone doing whatever it is I need to do to get my hands on the egg / snake in order to fight the advanced dragun.

unfortunately those implications are correct, and even if you clear the punchout game you'll probably get only 3 keys tops unless you're very good at building your special charge (he drops an extra key for every time you KO him with a fully charged special attack)

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
he'll drop a key for any special attack KO, you might just get a bonus key for fully charged ones i think

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Here's an idea, game devs: what if when you fight the rat for the first time an arcade cabinet shows up in the breach and you can (gasp) practice the punch out fight??

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Snazzy Frocks posted:

he'll drop a key for any special attack KO, you might just get a bonus key for fully charged ones i think

Any special attack knockdown will kick out a key and a swing at you with Casey. If all three of your knockdowns are 3-star specials, he'll drop three keys at the end instead of two. One for beating him, one for the special KO, one for all three-special knockdowns.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BaconCopter posted:

I just realized I haven't gotten the Magic Lamp once since AG&D. :(

I never got it before. I've gotten it like 5 times this week alone.

I haven't seen Ser Junken in a long time though.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Grapplejack posted:

Here's an idea, game devs: what if when you fight the rat for the first time an arcade cabinet shows up in the breach and you can (gasp) practice the punch out fight??

Probably because it's literally the only fight in the game that does it and once you DO practice it enough you'll never need to use it again. Seems like a waste of resources and time.

Like I can get it, I haven't done it myself but I understand the frustration but at the same time it'll probably start coming easier and easier the more you do rat runs.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
I need to see where the loving hurt boxes are. I swear i shouldnt get hit by a shot and then bam it loving hits and the robot has a big head it feels like his hurtbox is bigger.

in other words gently caress the robot he makes me hate this game so much. I only have him and bullet left and ive been doing nothing but robot runs to be loving done with it and all I do is get loving pissed because every goddamn loving run i get some poo poo I cant loving use because the loving robot loving sucks. its worse trying to skip to the end because then you have loving NOTHING.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Are the synergies described anywhere in the game itself?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Nope, but it'll give an indicator as to which ones in your inventory are synergized by clicking on it in the Ammonomicon.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
lmao the Super Space Turtle just killed Gatling Gull for me, I literally didn't fire a single shot, just dodged around the room while the lil guy did his thing

easily my favorite item in the game :3:

edit: aaaaaand I just found Ser Junken and then died to A Pit

it's okay, it's my first game of the day, I'm still warming up...

precision fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Aug 11, 2018

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
Holy poo poo, the composite gun makes bosses a complete joke. I had a couple bullet buffs to increase its damage but that was probably the easiest run I've ever had.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
The three payday homies are really loving good

Also managed to get the pea shooter with broccoli this run which was kind of fun.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I got a gold junk with Ser Junkan and he climbed into a huge mech and ran around rooms blowing poo poo up so that was unreal :stare:

Strangely enough I don't think it's as good as Angel Junkan though. He wasn't constantly spitting out a billion bullets and spent a good amount of time just striking cool poses or doing this kinda slow looking slash with a energy sword.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Got super close to Lead God achievement today, then got stupidly hit by the dragon one time. A couple runs later and I am finally the Lead God after 82 hours. Ended up with the metronome on floor 3 or 4 then I just used Blasphemy for the rest and didn't get hit. Really satisfied because the time before I should have had it easily but I thought I had a dodge and I hosed it up. Guess the Rat and Advanced Dragun are all that's left.

Though I did get hit in bullet hell and lost my uber Blasphemy the Lich Still died easily to the Eye of the Beholster

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i wish weapons didnt auto switch when you picked them up. makes it really awkward for when i have a metronome stack and a good gun drops that I don't really want to swap to at the time

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i wish weapons didnt auto switch when you picked them up. makes it really awkward for when i have a metronome stack and a good gun drops that I don't really want to swap to at the time

I think you can turn off weapon auto switch in the menu but man it's been so long I don't recall. I generally have the same issue. If not then Dodge Roll Games why??

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Yeah that was another thing I skipped picking up some weapons or changing weapons to refill ammo. Didn't bother looking in the menu if that was an option or not but would be nice if it was.

In fact it would be better if metronome dropped its buff if you killed a guy with another weapon. That way you could refill ammo too.

Destro fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Aug 12, 2018

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Haha yeah that's the exact reason i implemented a script specifically for "you don't lose Metronome stacks on switching a weapon" in my cheat table. Icould'vve disabled loss on getting hit, too, but no, it's just a little script to make it less of a hassle to use.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Today marks the fourth time I've made it to the Pilot's past and died. The worst part is I can kinda see how easy the pattern should be once you get the rhythm going but without practice I always cave under the pressure :negative: (and for the record I've beat every other past within 1-2 tries)

This was also a run where I got Ser Junkan and the AKEY-47 on the same floor, meaning he never advanced past the 'tiny bag kicking weakly at enemies'. Sorry little guy!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
drat it I found the Seven Leaf Clover and died right away to the boss before I could use it to get cool poo poo.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Huh I could have sworn that holding metronome stopped you from autoswitching

Chairon
Aug 13, 2007
I once was a man. Well,I suppose I still am.
There I was, I had just beaten the Dragun with the Robot FINALLY, which was my last past aside from the bullet who I don't have yet, i'm strutting along then that rear end in a top hat lich pulls me down to bullet hell!I completly forgot. Drops me in with one armor.

So close...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

goferchan posted:

Huh I could have sworn that holding metronome stopped you from autoswitching

No way to stop gun switching when picking up guns. However if you do pick up a gun with the metronome the buff will apply to that gun. However you'll lose the buff if you switch back to the gun you were using or any other gun. Kinda makes metronome a very mediocre item imo.