Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fdjkbnadjnbkjldaf
Mar 2, 2016
Capital has no choice bro's, surely we will defeat it in about 10,000 million years lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Gavrilo Princip posted:

I'm guessing he's referring to a gun-type device, so this is possibly true with some caveats. For starters, it'd be heavily dependent upon the fissile material.For example weapons grade plutonium probably wouldn't actually work as it's so radioactive it'd go prompt-critical as the tamper approaches the plug and heat up considerably, dropping the rate of emission below that required for supercriticality (so it'd just sit there cycling through criticality-induced heating -> cooling -> heating, letting off bursts of Cerenkov radiation all the while). You'd want some weak poo poo like U-235 and even then it'd be "uhhh maybe" territory, at least at a first guess.

i think this guy knows more nuclear physics than anyone else here. I've been trying to learn or understand fundamentals of nuclear reactions and with 2 years of a BSc., from a decade ago, i cant make heads or tails of this wizard poo poo.

Still my favourite thing to read about when I'm up early drinking coffee with my cats while my wife sleeps.
It's almost Lovecraftian in its otherworldliness.

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that

madmatt112 posted:

i think this guy knows more nuclear physics than anyone else here. I've been trying to learn or understand fundamentals of nuclear reactions and with 2 years of a BSc., from a decade ago, i cant make heads or tails of this wizard poo poo.

Still my favourite thing to read about when I'm up early drinking coffee with my cats while my wife sleeps.
It's almost Lovecraftian in its otherworldliness.

I recommend checking out the book The Making of the Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes. Seeing as this is the capitalism thread, I encourage you to get it from your library.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Capitalism. Is it good? Is it bed? We just don't know. There is no way to tell really.

Is it good? Is it whack? What is it all about?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

some fat dude posted:

I recommend checking out the book The Making of the Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes. Seeing as this is the capitalism thread, I encourage you to get it from your library.

Or steal it. Or download it.

And send a buck to the author.

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

feller
Jul 5, 2006

It’s easier to recycle the wrapper than the straw and recycling facilities handle wrappers better than straws.

It’s not perfect but it’s not as dumb as that meme suggests.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Those are also edible straws from years ago

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
And even if it was a current thing or whatever it's still preferable over uhh millions of straws being handed out every loving day

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IguqaRijidM

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/profwolff/status/1028685040400588800?s=19

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate
So what's the answer they're looking for given all applicants have to work at the Cheesecake Factory? Frankly, you could make an argument for any option.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
probably "neutral"

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Wheres the button for im already dead

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lmao

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
They're not looking for honest answers, they're looking for people smart enough to answer them correctly.

I scored the lowest in my company for moral aptitude on a site entry test because I figured the giant multinational company would have a decent algorithm for detecting people who were just lying about everything to get the job. I had to retake it and just answered like a nerd robot, even to poo poo like 'I have never taken anything home from a place of work, even just a pencil' and scored the highest the company ever had. Lol, nothing matters.

They're looking for stupid, terminally honest people with no imagination or devious shitheads who're smart enough to tick all the boxes so they can avoid tripping insurance.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Lol

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Outrail posted:

They're not looking for honest answers, they're looking for people smart enough to answer them correctly.

I scored the lowest in my company for moral aptitude on a site entry test because I figured the giant multinational company would have a decent algorithm for detecting people who were just lying about everything to get the job. I had to retake it and just answered like a nerd robot, even to poo poo like 'I have never taken anything home from a place of work, even just a pencil' and scored the highest the company ever had. Lol, nothing matters.

They're looking for stupid, terminally honest people with no imagination or devious shitheads who're smart enough to tick all the boxes so they can avoid tripping insurance.

Yeah I had to fill this poo poo out for a job at Best Buy like 10 years ago, I can only imagine it's worse now. Everyone is lying on that thing.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

An occult themed restaurant would be pretty rad, actually.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Sucrose posted:

"Welcome to Beelzeburger's! What meaty delights shall we tempt you this on this day?"

"Yeah, I'll have a number two with cheese, no mayo."

"So you wish for a Thrice-Damned Beelzeburger, with three slabs of seasoned beef patty topped with extra-spicy jalapeno salsa, an order of Penitent Potato Poppers, and a Sinner's Chalice of soda! What, pray tell, shall your chalice hold?"

"Coke, please, no ice."

"Would you like to add to your sins for only thirty silver more?"

"Why the hell not? Give me the Greater Sinner's Burden, and could I have a couple of those fried apple pie things?"

"Very well, two Scalded Forbidden Fruit pies have been added to your demands. Anything else?"

"Could I get some extra ketchup with that?"

"Ketchup's extra."

"That's a bit unreasonable."

"You knew what you were getting into when you came to us. Pay at the first window, and accept your burden at the second. We are grateful for your gluttony, sinner."

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Outrail posted:

I once went to a temp agency interview, and I got the lowest score of all time on their questionnaire. I answered dead honestly to their lovely questions. They were like "in your experience, left unsupervised, bad employees will steal from work." well, ya. I worked in grocery stores all high school. "most employees are simply working for a pay check" well, ya. I've only worked poo poo jobs, so or course.

Luckily the woman saw I was too drat smart for their test. I got their best placement and have leveraged it into 17 years of employment, making senior management. Those tests are poo poo.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Sucrose posted:

http://www.burgatorybar.com/ :shrug:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
"Can I interest you in our Abandon All Hope Ye Who Entrees specials?"

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Screaming Idiot posted:

"Welcome to Beelzeburger's! What meaty delights shall we tempt you this on this day?"

"Yeah, I'll have a number two with cheese, no mayo."

"So you wish for a Thrice-Damned Beelzeburger, with three slabs of seasoned beef patty topped with extra-spicy jalapeno salsa, an order of Penitent Potato Poppers, and a Sinner's Chalice of soda! What, pray tell, shall your chalice hold?"

"Coke, please, no ice."

"Would you like to add to your sins for only thirty silver more?"

"Why the hell not? Give me the Greater Sinner's Burden, and could I have a couple of those fried apple pie things?"

"Very well, two Scalded Forbidden Fruit pies have been added to your demands. Anything else?"

"Could I get some extra ketchup with that?"

"Ketchup's extra."

"That's a bit unreasonable."

"You knew what you were getting into when you came to us. Pay at the first window, and accept your burden at the second. We are grateful for your gluttony, sinner."

:five:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
hmm if I was technically heartless I wouldn't have to worry about medical bills :allears:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Outrail posted:

Or steal it. Or download it.

And send a buck to the author.

You Wouldn't Download A Nuclear Weapon.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Weaponized Autism posted:

hmm if I was technically heartless I wouldn't have to worry about medical bills :allears:

I mean you could have an artificial heart, and those are mega-expensive.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Weaponized Autism posted:

Doesn't GFM take like, 10% of all donations for themselves?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Bonzo posted:

Doesn't GFM take like, 10% of all donations for themselves?

According to a googlin' it's 2.9% "payment processor" fee plus a flat $0.30 per donation. Apparently if you're a registered nonprofit that payment processor fee goes up to 7.9% because gently caress you

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Pussy Quipped posted:

You Wouldn't Download A Nuclear Weapon.

3D printing will be the doom of us all.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
E: doooom-ble post

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Outrail posted:

3D printing will be the doom of us all.

I... what? Of all the things, why 3D printing??

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

madmatt112 posted:

Once 3D printers can print 3D printers bypassing the consumer marketplace entirely, the economy will collapse, nations will go to war and pandemonium will triumph

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

madmatt112 posted:

Then you could download a nuclear weapon, duh.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Former DILF posted:

Once 3D printers can print 3D printers bypassing the consumer marketplace entirely, the economy will collapse, nations will go to war and pandemonium will triumph

Infinite printers, each slightly smaller than the last

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I want a 3D printer that prints filament for other 3D printers.