Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Rodyle posted:

Lol Dave's fury at people skipping the insane ads.

The larger point was don't write the time in the comments in which to start the podcast...

TO BE FAIR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Veskit posted:

The larger point was don't write the time in the comments in which to start the podcast...

TO BE FAIR

Sleep With Me puts the ad times in the show notes with links for chrissakes. Chill out Dave, you’re not losing advertisers over this.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Countless podcasts somehow make it by just fine with only a single, minute long ad, weirdly enough

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 13, 2018

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I still find Dave failing to sell anything funny. It's like that Blue Apron bit on The Sitdown.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
It kind of feels like if he's really settled on doing a 10-minute ad block that he may as well just lean into it and just do shoutouts instead. Let fans pay $50-$100 to rattle off insides jokes and memes. A lot of smaller podcasts seem to have a limitless supply of nerds ready to pay and no worries if anyone skips them.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
Even if you put it in the middle I'm still going to skip it.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

He could just slide into an ad at just about any moment like the guy who does Up and Vanished, that would be cool

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
just have ad jingles playing all the time as background music.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I like the talkspace ads. :colbert:

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
The ads with Finn were funny, he should do those more often. "It's ten. A. M."

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Dave bitching about people skipping the ads was redeemed by his righteous anger at those #resistance folks warning sessions like what the gently caress.

dougdougdougdoug
Jun 10, 2016

dougdougdougdoug fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Aug 3, 2018

dougdougdougdoug
Jun 10, 2016

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

It kind of feels like if he's really settled on doing a 10-minute ad block that he may as well just lean into it and just do shoutouts instead. Let fans pay $50-$100 to rattle off insides jokes and memes. A lot of smaller podcasts seem to have a limitless supply of nerds ready to pay and no worries if anyone skips them.

So donate to Patreon. It's what I do. Ad free episodes.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
I'm making my way through their back catalog (read: just finished the Torture Psychologists), and woof, these mid-2016 episodes are like an excruciating time capsule of The Before Times. Gareth just sounds increasingly furious when either of them even comes close to the T-word, and he's not even the one with the "Hothead" label.

The November episodes are just going to be pure hell, aren't they?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Rampant Dwickery posted:

I'm making my way through their back catalog (read: just finished the Torture Psychologists), and woof, these mid-2016 episodes are like an excruciating time capsule of The Before Times. Gareth just sounds increasingly furious when either of them even comes close to the T-word, and he's not even the one with the "Hothead" label.

The November episodes are just going to be pure hell, aren't they?

the first couple of weeks of November aren't really political, the latter 2 are live so they kind of avoid the malaise everyone seemed to be in iirc

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Say you're a guy.....

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Dave foresaw this

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/reynoldsgareth/status/1027329272954859520

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Why is there a seal in his suitcase :confused:

TheHomerTax
Dec 26, 2012

That's a high quality avatar right there.

My God Gary that is a fat cat

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Garfie's Garfield

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Dave doing a bad in progress rn

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I'm not on twitter, but from the poo poo I've been linked to it seems like baiting/trolling celebrities, and then telling them to get off twitter is some kind of sport? There are apparently people from the entire political spectrum piling on Dave right now. I'm guessing if he logs off for a while that is considered a point? Is there a scoreboard somewhere?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

unfortunately for them Dave will never log off

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Did Dave try to weigh in on the Keith Ellison issue or is this just Sunday for him?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

Did Dave try to weigh in on the Keith Ellison issue or is this just Sunday for him?

Yeah. Said something along the lines of how he hates the left because they will throw their own under the bus or something. Seems like he deleted a lot of the tweets tho

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah, it was that sort of al franken defender-esque stuff about how unfair it is to take allegations seriously when RWers get away with worse.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Hey, speaking of Minnesota... Anyone else going to the Minneapolis shows?

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
The Third Love ad is so weird

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

unl33t posted:

Hey, speaking of Minnesota... Anyone else going to the Minneapolis shows?

I am going to the Pantages show.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I bailed on the latest episode less than a third of the way thru once I remembered who it was about and what was going to happen.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I just saw the title. Uh oh.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
Yeahhhh, it's not a pretty one. Gareth manages to keep up some amusing bits throughout but you can hear him audibly crushed by the end.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rampant Dwickery posted:

Yeahhhh, it's not a pretty one. Gareth manages to keep up some amusing bits throughout but you can hear him audibly crushed by the end.

yeah, poo poo like that is one of my biggest fears.

The Real Quaid
Jun 29, 2012

Rampant Dwickery posted:

you can hear him audibly crushed by the end.

Nice choice of words

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

The Real Quaid posted:

Nice choice of words

:shepface:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

after looking it up, I'm reminded of this poor fucker which gives me the heebie jeebies like very little else

Note: if I am ever trapped in a cave where I can't be pulled out without breaking my legs, break my goddamn legs

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

after looking it up, I'm reminded of this poor fucker which gives me the heebie jeebies like very little else

Note: if I am ever trapped in a cave where I can't be pulled out without breaking my legs, break my goddamn legs

oh jesus. NOOOOO. i never want to go caving. ever now. the GBS thailand cave thread put me off and this made it final.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
That's one of the worst things I've ever seen.

Also I just heard "BAYER, IT"S BAYER NOT BEAR WE"RE TALKING ABOUT BAYER THIS ENTIRE TIME?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

man that transportation episode was bad. all over the place, no direction wtf I switched it off.