Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Student film remake of the ending of Baby Driver not lookin' so hot.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

oohhboy posted:

Dude alright?

Peak capitalism e-mailing HR while concussed.

I see A LOT of people come in for imaging studies stemming from on the job injuries that get real cagey when you try to ask them basic history questions about the injury or straight up beg me that they 'don't want their job to find out'.

bonus capitalism edit: This weekend I was conversing with coworkers at my per diem hospital job about how they are changing the annual cost of living raise to merit based on your performance eval (weird that this change is coming right after the hospital posted $9,000,000 in the black, the first profit in over a decade). I just sat there and said yeah raises suck, my full time job hasn't given out a raise since the buyout in 2008. They rely on the capitalist stigma against discussing your pay with your coworkers in order to prevent the old guard from realizing the new hires are being paid more than them.

A younger coworker was railing about her other job no longer giving raises to per diems. She's a delusional capitalist that doesn't understand that corporations are more than eager to dismantle the rights of labor. She honestly does not seem to comprehend the notion that a company is not required to provide raises.

Asproigerosis fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Aug 13, 2018

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what's a per diem job? you get paid per day? or you don't have a long-term contract but get hired day-by-day?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Yeah, I’ve never heard that term used that way. Usually my experience is it describes how much per day you can expense on various meals while on a business trip (or just a lump daily sum added to your pay for the dates of the trip and you expense any overage)

Stonelegs
Apr 15, 2003

I'll have a coke...

ekuNNN posted:

what's a per diem job? you get paid per day? or you don't have a long-term contract but get hired day-by-day?

It depends. You can get paid per day worked, or per day even if you don't work. I get per diem every day of the week as long as I'm "on the road" for a project.

It is supposed to cover living arrangements for someone traveling away from their home base.

Edit: Reading the context of that post... I'm with you. That's not the typical application of the term and I don't loving get it.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Per diem health care contracts are a thing in hospitals for nurses and OTs, PTs, etc. I think that term means the shift is allocated/shifted around based on need - like you need another x # ot nurses because you had extra patients in that wing. I'm not sure of the details and how it works between departments.

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Aug 13, 2018

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

WrenP-Complete posted:

Per diem health care contracts are a thing in hospitals for nurses and OTs, PTs, etc. I think that term means the shift is allocated/shifted around based on need - like you need another x # ot nurses because you had extra patients in that wing. I'm not sure of the details and how it works between departments.

This is right although most hospitals call it PRN, not per diem.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
The definition of per diem in my industry means an extra stipend for living expenses and food while working remotely, usually in cash.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

It's also a laxative

Perdiem

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Dillbag posted:

The definition of per diem in my industry means an extra stipend for living expenses and food while working remotely, usually in cash.

Same as mine. It also allows for travel days when you're not working, per se, but you are doing things that monopolise your time that are essential to your job.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/08eKia0.mp4

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

You want the “Heavy emphasis on automotive travel over barriers and other vehicles” thread. This is the OSHA thread.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Saint's Row 5 looking good.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
I was standing up in the back of the ambulance when the driver took a hard turn and I got slammed to one side of the vehicle and sprained 2 of my fingers. I nearly fell on top of my patient too.
We're not allowed to stand while the vehicle is moving so I can't say poo poo. But it's nearly impossible to work in most ambulances without at least having to remove your seatbelt to grab things.
What was I reaching for? A loving tissue so my patient could blow their nose.

My #1 fear is being in the back and being involved in an actual crash. It's literally just a fibreglass box body with almost zero crash protection. That and having seats and odd angles and often not wearing seatbelts, ensures that most ambulance crashes are fatal. Scares me a bit.

I guess I could make a big deal about it and go to occupational health about my screwed up fingers but I think management will just discipline me or something.

Oh sorry here's a video.

edit: changed to a gif

The Real Amethyst fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Aug 13, 2018

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

I was standing up in the back of the ambulance when the driver took a hard turn and I got slammed to one side of the vehicle and sprained 2 of my fingers. I nearly fell on top of my patient too.
We're not allowed to stand while the vehicle is moving so I can't say poo poo. But it's nearly impossible to work in most ambulances without at least having to remove your seatbelt to grab things.

My #1 fear is being in the back and being involved in an actual crash. It's literally just a fibreglass box body with almost zero crash protection. That and having seats and odd angles and often not wearing seatbelts, ensures that most ambulance crashes are fatal. Scares me a bit.

I guess I could make a big deal about it and go to occupational health about my screwed up fingers but I think management will just discipline me or something.

Oh sorry here's a video.

edit: changed to a gif

I've been involved in a roll over after my rescue got t-boned, while I was standing up. It's uh, not good. Nothing broken, thankfully, just lots of aches and pains for a week or so.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

Zipperelli. posted:

I've been involved in a roll over after my rescue got t-boned, while I was standing up. It's uh, not good. Nothing broken, thankfully, just lots of aches and pains for a week or so.

Where did you end up coming to rest, any issues getting out of it? I'm always afraid all the equipment and the stretcher could come loose and cause a lot of harm or pin me down.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

This is probably a stupid question but I've wondered this before. Assuming both of those vehicles share an owner, does the insurance company frown upon (more than normal I guess) accidents where the policyholder of both vehicles is the same entity?

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

That's a warning alright

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Someone took the Bloody Mess perk

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Reminds me of my favorite of the new globally harmonized hazard symbols: "chronic health hazard."

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

glynnenstein posted:

Reminds me of my favorite of the new globally harmonized hazard symbols: "chronic health hazard."

If I saw that on a bottle and hadn’t read the memo, I would expect the stuff inside would kill me in five minutes, not fifty years.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

This is probably a stupid question but I've wondered this before. Assuming both of those vehicles share an owner, does the insurance company frown upon (more than normal I guess) accidents where the policyholder of both vehicles is the same entity?

Good question. I don't know but I imagine it's a more comprehensive insurance type, not like typical vehicle insurance and they probably don't care.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

:argh: Thanos :argh:

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Not sure but makes me think of BC's insurance which is provincially run. Every single accident is them against themselves.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Warning: Jack Kirby?

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

I hate this.

If you don't want people to unbuckle in the back of the ambulance, you need to set up your box so that people don't have to loving unbuckle. A no-standing policy doesn't loving work when you put needed staples six feet away from the bench.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

This would likely vary wildly between jurisdictions but let's say you have a fleet and have collision coverage on all your vehicles. Then you're covered for damage done to the insured property, regardless of fault. You'd get a check cut and a large rate hike next renewal, if they don't drop you after the term. If you had only liability and maybe comprehensive you'd probably get a check for the vehicle deemed not at fault (or some pro rated percentage thereof unless there's some variation in state/province law) up to the policy limit and nada for the at-fault vehicle. And a rate hike if not complete disavow at term's end.

Either way you're getting a huge rate increase with your current carrier or whichever future carrier you'll be doing business with.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Kolvoord Chestburst maneuver

Platystemon posted:

If I saw that on a bottle and hadn’t read the memo, I would expect the stuff inside would kill me in five minutes, not fifty years.

Either way, probably don't drink it is pretty obvious, though

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

glynnenstein posted:

The Five-Point-Palm Exploding-Heart-Technique: Bill should have paid attention to the warning.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

glynnenstein posted:

I thought this one was for cancer?

These are from a series iirc and are (sadly) fake. e: nvm I'm not sure now because I can't find the series I had in mind.

spankmeister fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Aug 13, 2018

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

glynnenstein posted:

both of these always look like "intrinsic field subtractor in use" to me

spoiler: this image, or a similar one, is the source of that first warning sign and it's just a tenth-generation photocopy or something

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Huh, I guess it has been a while since I went to Arbys.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Sagebrush posted:

spoiler: this image, or a similar one, is the source of that first warning sign and it's just a tenth-generation photocopy or something

From an Arc Welding Safety PDF:

Looks like they just took the original greyscale and botched it into 2 tone.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

spankmeister posted:

I thought this one was for cancer?

I literally just did some safety training for stuff like chemical labels and I can say that that label is for a variety of slow acting dangers, including things like carcinogens. Sort of like a catchall for everything that won't kill you right away (which still has the good ole skull and crossbones).

Also thread related, I just did a few hours of safety training and I'm finally up to date on everything after a few months of letting poo poo lapse :toot:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Should never have listened to Vogon Poetry

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Nice parking job

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Car-Crashes-Into-Alexandria-Hospital-490639351.html?_osource=mobilesharebar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

The Bloop posted:

Should never have listened to Vogon Poetry

The azgoths of krea are much worse poets.