Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

JC will win

Chaos Reigns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Twin Cinema posted:

She dyes her hair. That's pretty rockin'.

So far, this season has been pretty entertaining in the sense that I am rooting for no one, and I love everyone continually making terrible move after terrible move. In a typical season, the Level 6 Alliance would be the villains, but they aren't really winning anything, and they aren't doing anything particularly bad. Sure, Angela is, uh, something else, but the other 3 seem alright. In a typical season, the other side would be the heroes, but they can't really seem to align properly, and when they do, they make terrible moves. This season deserves a Rockstar or Sam win.

I'm rooting for Tyler, who seems to be the only person who has any idea what he's doing. I assume the live feed watchers hate him, because they always hate everyone.

FeastForCows
Oct 18, 2011

Orange Sunshine posted:

By the way, "Rockstar" is a ridiculous name to call yourself, almost as bad as "Swaggy C". She's a rock star in much the same way that a clump of dirt is a diamond.

It's also pretty funny how people who call themselves "Rockstar" and "Queen" are the most emotionally volatile and so obviously riddled with insecurities.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Orange Sunshine posted:

I'm rooting for Tyler, who seems to be the only person who has any idea what he's doing. I assume the live feed watchers hate him, because they always hate everyone.

I don’t watch the live feeds but I read the thread.

Tyler really is the only one who understands the game. I mean, I guess Hayleigh would good if she had a few more years to grow first.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Tyler is good at this game.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Twin Cinema posted:

Tyler is good at this game.
I dunno if he's as good as everyone else is just really really bad.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

A bit of both, I'd say. He's solid but he's made a lot of really bad mistakes that more competent players would have made him pay for.

He's still only half way through the game so he'll have time to show if the pros outweigh the cons. This time in BB18 Paulie was in control and in BB15 Amanda was in control. But then again this time in like BB10 or BB2 I'd probably be saying "Dan/Will is good but has made a lot of big mistakes he's gotten away with." So we'll see.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

60 Minutes hosed up my DVR

What happened after Brett told Haleigh he'd leave noms the same? Did they do the Hacker comp?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Paul ReiserFS posted:

60 Minutes hosed up my DVR

What happened after Brett told Haleigh he'd leave noms the same? Did they do the Hacker comp?

They did the Hacker comp and Jaycee won. She took herself off and put Rockstar up.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Robnoxious posted:

I dunno if he's as good as everyone else is just really really bad.

STAC Goat posted:

A bit of both, I'd say. He's solid but he's made a lot of really bad mistakes that more competent players would have made him pay for.

He's still only half way through the game so he'll have time to show if the pros outweigh the cons. This time in BB18 Paulie was in control and in BB15 Amanda was in control. But then again this time in like BB10 or BB2 I'd probably be saying "Dan/Will is good but has made a lot of big mistakes he's gotten away with." So we'll see.

It may also be a case where Tyler looks like he’s the only one playing the game. But I’m pretty sure we’ve seen this in season’s past. Did anyone look like good in Derrick’s season?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Twin Cinema posted:

They did the Hacker comp and Jaycee won. She took herself off and put Rockstar up.

That's.. a choice...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kaycee. JC is the short guy. Kaycee is the tall football lady.

Twin Cinema posted:

It may also be a case where Tyler looks like he’s the only one playing the game. But I’m pretty sure we’ve seen this in season’s past. Did anyone look like good in Derrick’s season?

Cody played alright. Frankie played ok but kept making messes for himself. Nicole and Hayden had moments but could never really get it together. Brittany seemed like she had some potential but she went out too soon to really have any idea. Donny had solid game sense but was kind of just an old man who could never really connect in the house. Its not too unlike this season but I think that's where Tyler becomes overrated because he's definitely no Derrick. Derrick had a hold of the game all season and made very few mistakes and worked to keep everything calm. Tyler's made a pile of messes for himself, has been bailed out by a lot of people and events, and has been really overly dramatic.

I think most people are playing the game this season. But most of them are making really massive mistakes and have poor reads of the house in key places. The best thing Level Six has done is keep their alliance secret, even if its kind of hard to swallow that the house hasn't figured it out when they vote together every single week. Its kind of a testament to paranoia because I think all the pieces to the puzzle are out there but the right people aren't talking to each other or interested in looking at the bigger puzzle to put them together. And L6 have kept the paranoia high with all the blindsides and ridiculous lies throwing random people under the bus. Kaitlyn and JC also ran a ton of misinformation interference for Tyler so the whole house just doesn't know which way is up.

Out of curiosity, what made you praise Tyler's game this episode? Its not that I necessarily disagree overall but he didn't seem to actually do anything this episode except piss off Sam. The only other thing I remember was his "get myself backdoored" plan but that was never actually anything because Haleigh always intended to backdoor him because there's no anticipation for the Cloud and he's won the last 2 POVs.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Out of curiosity, is Kaycee gay? Her body language says lesbian to me.

Fallen One
May 1, 2007

" Whoa! Death? He's come for me!... Death is sleeping too..."

Paul ReiserFS posted:

That's.. a choice...

It's the correct one and what Hailey should have done last week (put up the weakest competitor on the other side who hopefully won't win veto). With Hacked nom, a vote canceled, AND veto one side could negate the other side being HOH and send home one of their allies.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Out of curiosity, what made you praise Tyler's game this episode? Its not that I necessarily disagree overall but he didn't seem to actually do anything this episode except piss off Sam. The only other thing I remember was his "get myself backdoored" plan but that was never actually anything because Haleigh always intended to backdoor him because there's no anticipation for the Cloud and he's won the last 2 POVs.

I just thought it was weird that Haleigh was discussing the backdoor plan with Tyler. I thought it was a good move on his part to agree with her. I don’t know, I just think he’s using the Cloud app on the best way possible. Maybe I’m giving him too much credit. It was in the heat of the moment.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Haleigh wasn't really saying "I'm backdooring you" though. The conversation was basically "I know I put you up last week so you're probably gunning for me so I should probably be gunning for you but I really don't want to and I'm totally not.". Basically the line of transparent bull you'd expect from the situation of an obvious backdoor. The whole thing was a bit of a theatrical setup by Tyler. He's sort of prone to that. I mean there was obviously value in trying to determine when to use the Cloud and hope it was after POV, but Haleigh never once considered putting him up pre POV after last week. Everyone involved knew it made sense for her to backdoor him.

If nothing else Tyler likes to put on a show for the cameras and houseguests that he's running things. Which is a big part of the reason we've had all these blindsides. And a big part of the reason every HG this season has left the house feeling burned by him. That's my biggest question mark on his game.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

LOL Rockstar deserves to go home :ughh:

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
It’s stupid that they let Tyler go back down when he was already on the stump with the incorrect answer. Even if Rockstar didn’t say anything, he would have just seen she had a different answer and probably would have realized the mistake anyway.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm pretty sure they've let players go down before. It seems fair, if everyone's not set. I dunno. It makes for better TV at least and its a TV show before its a game.

OTEV is my favorite Big Brother comp and the thing I always look forward to and if i ever played the thing I'd be desperate to play in and win. So its fitting that it completely summed up Big Brother 20.

Level Six suck and rely on Tyler to carry their asses to the finish line.
Tyler pulls off some stuff but ultimately screws up badly.
FOUTTE bail him out from his mistake with their own screw up.
FOUTTE have the win but gently caress it all up.
Tyler backs into a win.
Level Six smugly celebrate like they did something.

BB20 in a nutshell.

If nothing else, I'm a fan of BB karma and Rockstar deserves to go home after that. But karma might have a crush on Tyler like everyone else this season.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
As much as LvT sucks, everyone in the other side is just so horrible I can’t help but want them to go home

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think Haleigh, Fessy, or Scottie are "horrible." They screw up but hardly beyond what players normally do and none of them have been terribly nasty or anything. Bayleigh was kind of "horrible" and Rockstar is real bad gamewise (although actually has a solid strategic mind, just can't keep it together). And Swaggy was actually pretty alright when you got past the swagger.

And Kaitlyn was totally an ancillary member of Level Six. And really much of this season just comes back to her eliminating two of their numbers in the first two weeks and spreading them misinformation to protect Tyler's game.

https://twitter.com/kaitcoaching/st...475623440461824

In fairness I don't think Kaycee or Tyler are "horrible" either although they're getting pretty obnoxious in a week like this. And Rachel wasn't that bad.

FeastForCows
Oct 18, 2011
I usually try not to get too emotionally invested in this show, but man, Rockstar can get hosed with that attitude.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Extremely good edit on that pinky promise.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Brett would make a very good goat at this point.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

pospysyl posted:

Brett would make a very good goat at this point.

For who, though? Kaycee who tells half the house "we're on different sides so we can't talk", Angela who only comes to life when she's being mean to someone, or Tyler who apparently sincerely believes he's being loyal to all half dozen of his F2s?

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Aug 17, 2018

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

For who, though? Kaycee who tells half the house "we're on different sides so we can't talk", Angela who only comes to life when she's being mean to someone, or Tyler who apparently sincerely believes he's being loyal to all half dozen of his F2s?

JC, of course.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

And Kaycee getting in on those Level Six fire bombing friend making speeches.

Lets see how those Goodbye Messages go.

pospysyl posted:

JC, of course.

Ha, like Tyler's letting JC get anywhere near the end.

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Amazing jury management!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Level Six's anti-Jury Management game is sure something to remember.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

What is wrong with these people!? I wonder what's on Tyler's goodbye messages.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Take notes Paul.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
What's wrong with Angela??

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Brett hit her way harder she honestly thought Brett and here were tight!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

mallratcal posted:

Take notes Paul.

Its like someone told them all "Paul would have won except that he kept lying in his goodbye messages and playing nice with the jurors instead of coming clean" and they just sort of took the wrong message from it.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Yea, Brett is just straight up a dick. drat

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Viktor posted:

Brett hit her way harder she honestly thought Brett and here were tight!

Eh, not really. Like she thought she had Brett's vote but mainly just because she didn't think it made sense for Brett to spend two weeks making nice and trying to start alliances and promising his vote to half the house if he just planned to backstab them a minute later.

Which you know... she's kind of got a point.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I'm annoyed by these for a lot of reasons, not least of all because I find myself really not wanting Tyler to win and yet literally every other player in the house is terrible in one way or another.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Feed Bonus about Angela's Goodbye.

https://twitter.com/BB_Updates/stat...pagenumber%3D28

They TRIED to talk sense into her and she was just "nah, I like being mean."

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

Eh, not really. Like she thought she had Brett's vote but mainly just because she didn't think it made sense for Brett to spend two weeks making nice and trying to start alliances and promising his vote to half the house if he just planned to backstab them a minute later.

Which you know... she's kind of got a point.

But what about her final two with Brett :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I kind of Want Angela and Brett to make final 2. Just to see how the vote goes.

• Locked thread