Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

devinebovine posted:

Uh, yes I am. Sortie 3 defense pops up quite a bit, and I'm barely in the rift at all for those. You don't need warcrime frames to beat sorties, just smart modding of weapons.

And don't loving stand still either.

Nah man, I call bullshit on that. You're not loving walking around a Sortie 3 as a Limbo outside of the rift unless maybe you have 4 tank mods packed on him.
He just doesn't have the EHP to take any hits at all and even if you're in the air 100% you're still going to get hit even with the accuracy penalty to the enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Invisible Ted posted:

Not all channeled abilities stop regen. Equinox's pacify/provoke does not stop energy regen, but mend/maim does.

For the purposes of energy regen, channeled abilities are those that continually drain energy while active. Mend/Maim does this while Pacify/Provoke only takes energy when conditions trigger it. Artemis Bow is another example of a "channeled" ability that isn't really.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

I use Limbo on whatever, but don't use most of his abilities. I just bounce in and out of the rift to do big single shot damage like with one of the Tigrises. On the off chance I take damage, a Quick Thinking setup and maybe a lifestrike weapon is plenty.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I don't take my Limbo anywhere but defense missions and I prefer using his bubble to block areas than just dumping it on the objective like it's Frost's snow globe.

SomeKindofVerb
Jan 12, 2010
I really wanted to like Limbo, but beyond first unlocking him and going, 'holy poo poo I can just turn invincible,' I've never got on with his skill set. I never really mind other people using him though, even if a bad one does occasionally moderately slow down the murder party, it's Warframe, I'm invited to all of the murder parties, and there will be much, much murder in future.

I can abide.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Jack Trades posted:

Nah man, I call bullshit on that. You're not loving walking around a Sortie 3 as a Limbo outside of the rift unless maybe you have 4 tank mods packed on him.
He just doesn't have the EHP to take any hits at all and even if you're in the air 100% you're still going to get hit even with the accuracy penalty to the enemies.

I need you to go back and look at your posts because you are vigorously denying anyone can play limbo differently than you or whether or not most people are annoyed by it or if cata is more annoying than frost, generally “anyone who disagrees with me about limbo is wrong”

And then stop it.

You like limbo, that’s fine. Stop being an rear end and denying everyone else’s experience with him, good or bad. People can disagree and you’d be a lot better off asking questions instead of demanding that only your experience is right.

Like here I’ll give you a free one. In this situation ask what their mod loadout is and how they survive against sortie 3 enemies instead of “this is bullshit because I personally don’t think you can do it that way”

Psion fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Aug 13, 2018

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

SomeKindofVerb posted:

I really wanted to like Limbo, but beyond first unlocking him and going, 'holy poo poo I can just turn invincible,' I've never got on with his skill set. I never really mind other people using him though, even if a bad one does occasionally moderately slow down the murder party, it's Warframe, I'm invited to all of the murder parties, and there will be much, much murder in future.

I can abide.

same. I do find it interesting that people think limbo is great for rescues because when was the last time you failed a rescue anyway?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Will we ever know the One True Limbo

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

hup posted:

Will we ever know the One True Limbo

I believe the universally agreed limbo is “so good at lua spy they might as well call it limbo spy”

Everything else, well, uh

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Play Excalibur and ignore whether anything is in the rift or not

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

You misspelt mesa.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

People don't know this but if you do a rescue and the hostage gets downed you still get to extract if you get to extraction before their death timer runs out.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

Please don't do this. I've melee'd my way to top damage in a sortie 3 as Limbo without a health or shield mod. Dodging in and out of the rift, never standing still, and the health-back-on-5 magus were far more than enough.

devinebovine
Sep 7, 2006

Bring corpro! What a wonderful phrase

Bring corpro! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Bring corpro!
Yeah I'm not sure why I would lie about this? If you look at my post history it should be pretty clear that I'm interested in game mechanics and considering different, creative approaches to various scenarios, and NOT trying to sound like the best player in the game.

For those who don't know, my ign is spampants. Dunno if that matters or changes any opinions. Probably doesn't, but having a different SA name than game name irks me a bit, mainly because I stand behind my experiences, and I try to be open to new information.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Jack Trades posted:

None of what he said is unfeasible.

I'm sorry you're bad at this videogame, though.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

When I level Limbo P to 30 I'm going to slam dunk it in the trashcan where it belongs.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I soloed every stage of sortie yesterday with Limbo and it was rad.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Limbo’s best role is fashion, which we all know is the real endgame

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Limbo's real role is agressively trolling pubbies.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I do that with Nova by portalling off the door just before the exit, it never gets old.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I mostly use Limbo when I want to accomplish something but don't want to actually put any effort into it whatsoever. It's my 'I think I'm just gonna phone this in' frame, really.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I feel like if you build Nidus with all 3 umbra mods, you should have to explain yourself at the Hague.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I feel like if you build Nidus with all 3 umbra mods, you should have to explain yourself at the Hague.

All three won't fit without having to give up too much statwise, imo. Two is the sweet spot. Yeah I'm too poor to max them, need to farm the arena for a while.

Edit
Yeah you don't get the full set bonus, but both mods are still better than their counterparts by a not-insignificant amount, and you only have to give up build flexibility in the form of full-forma-slots to do so. It's fun. That 343 is before tentacle's 85% boost too. I'm actually considering working on the Madurai school for 25% more elemental+physical damage for even more stupid levels of overkill.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 13, 2018

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

sushibandit posted:

All three won't fit without having to give up too much statwise, imo. Two is the sweet spot. Yeah I'm too poor to max them, need to farm the arena for a while.

If you only put 2 on, you don't get the full insanity of the set bonus, and you might as well put the cheaper non umbral versions on.

Granted, 340 power is... Well that's something alright.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Speaking of Nidus, can someone do a quick "how to Nidus"? I find myself just spamming his 1 all the time and plopping a 4 down every now and then because I feel like I should, not because I know what it actually does...

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Use 2 to group up enemies, then spam 1 to build stacks. If you hit four enemies, 1 is energy-neutral, and each extra enemy hit beyond four gives energy back. Drop 3 on an enemy to give yourself 90% damage reduction, or on an ally nuker for a massive damage boost to both of you. Use 4 to drop an aoe health regen zone and build more stacks. The damage output of 1 is highly reliant on your stack count. When you're at 15+ stacks, if you somehow manage to die, you autores with 50% health and lose those 15.

When you have 3 active and use 1, both you and the target of 3 will shoot the aids pathway in the direction you've aimed. The second trail is free.

Nidus is really good, but takes a little bit to ramp up so he's not necessarily the best choice for very short missions.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
So i completed uranus and a bunch of cool missions today including the second dream and octavia's anthem. I did accidentally spoil most of the second dream for myself so it didnt have the same impact but the stuff with the operator was cool and the focus mechanic seems interesting to me. Also whoever recommended a Tenbo with Shimmering Blight is my new favorite person, this thing is a blender and I love it.

Of course I also have a few questions (like always):

1. Ok i have a focus tree, now what do i do with it? I chose the mountain one as my primary and i hope i didnt gently caress it up.

2. My companion taxxon seems severely outdated for the content im on. Any suggestions on a replacement?

3. Ive been neglecting my mastery rank and need to start pumping it up again. Ive read that there are higher level missions that are basically mastery firehoses. When am I gonna see those and if its not soon (just got to neptune) then is there anything I can do in the meantime?

4. Must have warframes to pick up? So far I have excalibur, rhino, trinity prime (twitch prime), frost prime (also twitch prime) and valkyr in my inventory and a bunch more sitting in my foundry.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

1) Put the lens you got from the quest on a max level weapon and you'll get focus points from it. Lenses can't be reused but you can get more from Cetus bounties. You can change your primary tree whenever you want, but you'll need 50k focus in a tree to unlock it.
2) Get Helios (the Prime is pretty easy to get) or Carrier (you can get that blueprint from the market).
3) Mastery is gonna come more from levelling weapons than finishing missions. Take a new weapon into Sanctuary Onslaught and watch the mastery roll in.
4) Try to farm one of the warcrimes frames like Ember, Volt or Saryn (though Saryn might be out of your reach if you're just at Neptune).

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

1. You didn't gently caress up, even if you don't like the talents in that tree you can get more lenses from bounties in Cetus fairly easily. You just eventually have to wait on bounty rotation to offer up the lens you want as a reward. You put a lens on a thing that's already 30 and then, as long as that equipment is level 30, a percentage of the experience it gains gets converted into focus. Slap lens on things that kill good. If you've already put your first lens in something you still haven't screwed up.

2 Carrier gives you a higher reserve ammo cap. Shade can turn you invisible when enemies are close as long as you aren't attacking. Kubros and Kavats can be quite good but it typically requires a lot of forma and using a frame with ton of natural armor so it can be shared with the pet.

3 You're looking for Sanctuary Onslaught and I think it opens up after doing The New Strange quest.

4 They're all either good or great tbh. You're missing a stealth frame so Ivara, Loki, or Octavia would be good goals to round out your tool set. Similarly you don't have a nuker so Saryn or Equinox could be good to have. A tricked out Volt can also serve this roll. People really like using Zephyr or Nova for getting around really quickly on the Plains. Harrow and Nidus have really fun synergistic kits. Inaros is also great and easily available from Baro.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
1. basically you slap the lens on something that you do a lot of murder with, which will then gather focus along with XP. frames that murder things with their powers are best (saryn, equinox, and volt are favorites, but excalibur would probably work in your case if you kill a lot of things with light sword)

I cant rememeber if the mountain one is Zenurik, but early on you will probably want Zenurik because it has a skill which creates an AOE that regenerates energy, which is very handy on energy-hungry frames. Don't worry if you didn't pick Zenurik, you can do bounties on the Plains to get lenses for the other school. I would recommend finishing The War Within first though.

2. Taxxon is actually decent throughout the game as a source of guaranteed cold damage procs. Most people dont rely on sentries for damage, what makes it feel outdated to you? regardless, it's worth picking up Carrier because it provides basically infinite ammo, or Helios to scan stuff for you.

3. I presume by mastery hose you mean something that gives a lot of affinity. The best mission for this right now is Onslaught, which is a mode that unlocks after you complete The New Strange. It's basically endless waves of enemies on random tilesets, no objective but to kill as many as you can to keep the counter going. If you haven't unlocked that, Hydron is also very good, but I forget what planet it's on

3. I would say you have most of the bases covered with the frames you have right now. Be sure to pick up the frames from the Dojo labs, aside from Wukong they're all pretty good. Saryn is a good murder-everything frame, Chroma is kind of meh but often used for eidolon hunts later on.Inaros is a nice tanky alternative to Rhino - Baro sells the quest to obtain him. Most of the other frames are cool and useful, but they're locked behind quests and/or grinding, so it's worth looking them up yourself to see if you want to go to all that effort.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

Lumpy posted:

Speaking of Nidus, can someone do a quick "how to Nidus"? I find myself just spamming his 1 all the time and plopping a 4 down every now and then because I feel like I should, not because I know what it actually does...

Generally you want to max range, have strength to at least 190% for maximum DR on enemy!Parasitic Link (343% strength looks nice but it's pretty overkill), and some duration to taste. Efficiency can be dumpstered since the 2 abilities that need it are pretty cheap and the other 2 need no energy at all.

Ball up enemies with 2 (which works off LoS, by the way), then stomp with 1 to build stacks. Always be building stacks, stomp when you have at least 4 enemies in stomping range so you can get a full energy refund (you regain 25% of the energy that was spent for every enemy hit with your 1). 3 an enemy if you're in trouble, or 3 a friend to make them nasty. Stomping when you're 3-linked to an enemy will cast 1 from both yourself and the enemy.

4 every now and then to create a rapid health regen area and a bunch of suicide maggots that'll helpfully chow down enemies for you. Stomping at an enemy with maggots on them will make the maggots explode (doing even more damage) and build more mutation stacks.

Have fun!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

sushibandit posted:

Give up nothing. Take from them... everything.

http://warframe-builder.com/Warfram...f_0/en/1-0-51/0

(Okay so actually what you're giving up here is corpro, because you need the extra points for steel charge. This is a pub frame for me though, so I don't care.)

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Lumpy posted:

Some tips to go with the how2 posts already made:

The damage of Nidus' 1 and 4 scales with power strength and mutation stacks. It goes (200 * power strength * stacks). So a 200% strength 1 at 100 stacks will do... 40000 damage to every person it hits. Yow!

Holding down the 1 key on Nidus will give you a big blue aim box and also highlight any maggots from his 4. Hitting maggots with 1 makes them explode doing crazy damage and giving you stacks for everyone they hit.

Using Nidus' 3 on an enemy will make you invuln but also that enemy will cast their own 1 when you cast yours. Hold down 1 to see where theirs will land. You get stacks from both even if they hit the same enemies.

So, ideal Nidus rotation:
4 to start making maggots
2 to group everything up
3 to get double cast
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 and enjoy clearing the map and having a bajillion stacks.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Don't forget you can cast Nidus' 3 on an ally too to give them a damage boost.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

And Tyler Too! posted:

Them and you! Sharing is caring, after all.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

And Tyler Too! posted:

I never knew this and holy poo poo we're gonna end up at the Hague tonight

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I learned the other day that trinity can endlessly spam EV on a nidus linked mob. That was a chill onslaught.

Avynte fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Aug 13, 2018

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Something I am mystified with the game, is the Eximus enemies. What is the lore explanation of eximus? Where added in a event? I am curious about that.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Tei posted:

Something I am mystified with the game, is the Eximus enemies. What is the lore explanation of eximus? Where added in a event? I am curious about that.

They're meant to be the unit leaders I believe, from the wiki...

quote:

Corpus Eximi Crewmen are members of the elite who are bestowed specially-designed suits, whereas MOA and Osprey Eximi are produced on a regular basis.
Grineer (barring Rollers) and Infested Eximi are the products of genetic mutation, though in the case of the Infested, the genes that contain said mutations are present in the DNA of all known Infested, suggesting that some form of gene expression regulation is in effect. Although no explanation was given for Roller Eximus, it's likely they are produced much like MOA and Osprey Eximi.
I think they were always in the game just got their names changed to be unified under the Eximus banner at a point so regardless of faction everyone would know what each Eximus type did rather than having different names for each within factions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

To echo this: was doing an defense rift run both to crack open some relics and get XP for LimboP. Some dickhead was being lovely in team chat (claiming that he was carrying us, etc., which is hilarious because it was a loving Axi fissure, not some super high-end content). I proceeded to keep him, and only him, in the rift for the rest of the map.

That is what Limbo is for.