Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

VJeff posted:

lol Treyarch spent three years making a great Call of Duty game and then decided to ruin it by putting Snipers in. Incredible.

I'm ok with snipers, they just need to turn down quickscoping. That and remove that AWFUL loving SOUND WHEN YOU GET KILLED BY A SNIPER. Holy gently caress is that rage inducing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i'm only like level 30 in the beta and i haven't played a cod since like mw2 but yeah it is super loving aggravating feeling like i mostly exist to be the target of some c-lister YouTube montage. the hitreg on snipers is way too forgiving, the ohk boxes are nuts, and the fact a sniper can still shoot you perfectly while tagging him with shots is nuts.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Well I am seriously reconsidering my pre-order now. Today was loving awful.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really enjoy the feel, sound, and look of this game, but the map design is way too much of a clusterfuck for me. Do COD players just want Nuketown 24/7 or something? I haven't played COD in years. Every map feels like a complete meat grinder and the abilities and killstreaks amplify it all so much. Also the spawns are terrible.

I still think I'm probably gonna get it. Regardless of my complaints I'm having fun with it. Can't wait to try the blackout beta. That's really gonna determine my final hype level.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

Do COD players just want Nuketown 24/7 or something? I haven't played COD in years.

If COD players had their way it'd be Rust 24/7 and only sniper rifles. Until that day happens pubs will vote for the smallest map they can so that they can play on a meat grinder every game.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i'm only like level 30 in the beta and i haven't played a cod since like mw2 but yeah it is super loving aggravating feeling like i mostly exist to be the target of some c-lister YouTube montage. the hitreg on snipers is way too forgiving, the ohk boxes are nuts, and the fact a sniper can still shoot you perfectly while tagging him with shots is nuts.

This has been a problem with COD since Black Ops 2. Snipers have zero flinch and the developers refuse to implement it for some reason.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really haven't played anything in the realm of COD (save for an hour here and there at friends houses etc.) in 6 or 7 years, except a ton of Titanfall 2 and this game really makes me appreciate how not annoying snipers are in TF2.

DaddyBigBucks
Sep 28, 2003

The spawning is MW3 level of atrocious. It makes no sense sometimes. The whole loading into a game before everyone else is also very lol.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

veni veni veni posted:

I but the map design is way too much of a clusterfuck for me.

It’s a mix of them designing for 5v5 so everything has to be small because otherwise it’d just be running through open empty areas getting to the fights. This in addition to the spawn system turns any map into a meat grinder. It was even worse last weekend with the tac beacon spawning you while enemies were by it. Honestly I don’t hate the maps but I kinda resigned myself to this kind of play style when it comes to COD. Long to mid range fights are just not what they’re going for anymore.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

veni veni veni posted:

I really enjoy the feel, sound, and look of this game, but the map design is way too much of a clusterfuck for me. Do COD players just want Nuketown 24/7 or something? I haven't played COD in years. Every map feels like a complete meat grinder and the abilities and killstreaks amplify it all so much. Also the spawns are terrible.

I still think I'm probably gonna get it. Regardless of my complaints I'm having fun with it. Can't wait to try the blackout beta. That's really gonna determine my final hype level.

I think this is what is bothering me the most as well. Haven't played a CoD since MW2 came out so maybe I don't remember it correctly but I swore there was some feeling of a "front line" in a fire fight. Right now it feels like spawn in and try and guess which of the eight pathways leading to your position somebody is going to come through.

I've been craving a faster paced shooter lately but this just feels a little too excessive.

Cyks fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 13, 2018

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

MW2 and arguably Black Ops 1 were the last CODs with good multiplayer map layouts that accommodated various playstyles. It's all downhill past that even if the games are still fun.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
if you've ever complained about skill based matchmaking you need to fire this game up right the gently caress now and get in a party cause l m a o

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
also the vast majority of you have no fuckin idea what you're talking about

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

also the vast majority of you have no fuckin idea what you're talking about

People here liked blops3 so this goes without saying.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

See I would but I'm the dumbass who doesn't charge his controllers DESPITE shutting his PS4 off completely when done.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

People here liked blops3 so this goes without saying.

:imunfunny:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
im not gonna get this unlock token :(

unless they include blackout beta week, too

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
I hope we get a Cyclopean variant in Blops 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
It took me a minute to realize what you were talking about because we've been calling it the fallopian forever.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

bear is driving! posted:

I hope we get a Cyclopean variant in Blops 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE

Well, AW had one, so its not out of the realm of possibility, as far as the tech timeline goes.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol I swear to god every time I get a kill I'm dead in about .3 of a second later.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

So I just hit 40. Tonight I had nothing but cake lobbies going solo. Took about 2 hours to go from 34 to 40. A couple of things:

1. Im over 40 Days with blops3 at this point. It’s probably a major reason I got divorced. Or it kept me from killing my ex-husband. That said; this beta felt similar but better than 3. Come at me.

2. Snipers are super annoying. Hacienda was the worst map for quickscoping tonight. I didn’t even bother playing with them myself because I’m really not into cod snipers.

3. Span system was having issues yesterday where I’d literally spawn next to an enemy.

4. Netcode was horrid yesterday. Tonight it seemed smooth. I was having janky enemy movements and some small teleports on PS4 yesterday. Today it was smooth as butter.

5. Why would I play anything other than the spitfire, cordite or ruger 9mm. They’re all three beasts.

That said, it’s a beta and I really enjoyed the time we spent together. They’ll iron the problems out by December or so.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Get Pooped On: The Poopening.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

housefly posted:

5. Why would I play anything other than the spitfire, cordite or ruger 9mm. They’re all three beasts.

Well if you want ranged options, the GKS with Grip 2 and LB2 is pretty much a god drat laser. There's like no recoil with Grip 2 (as long as you ADS), and Long Barrel 2 is there for consistent damage.. by which I mean you're doing the max GKS damage possible.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I went for the *futuristic* MP5 for the lion's share of the time I played today since MP5 was always my go to back when I played a lot of COD, and it seems like a piece of poo poo. It sucks at anything but close range which is to be expected, but it also doesn't seem to have any sort of advantage at close/point blank range over any other gun. It just felt like a really bad gun at the end of the day.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
my final lobby of the night involved two white kids screaming the n-word at people because they wouldn't let them play ruin, calling people alternatively 'retarded', 'autistic' and 'mexican', and calling someone a human being for dropshotting. they were in three or four of my games before they ragequit but holy poo poo if that was not quite literally exactly how I remember cod players being like, seven years ago. it was wild.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Is the RFB any good? That unique firerate mode looks neat. Wondering if that would be a good candidate for the free unlock. CUAV maybe? only 33 though.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

my final lobby of the night involved two white kids screaming the n-word at people because they wouldn't let them play ruin, calling people alternatively 'retarded', 'autistic' and 'mexican', and calling someone a human being for dropshotting. they were in three or four of my games before they ragequit but holy poo poo if that was not quite literally exactly how I remember cod players being like, seven years ago. it was wild.

If you're not playing with goons/friends in party chat you are literally playing team-based shooters the wrong way.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Thankfully this time they added an option in the menus to mute all players not in your party.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Kizurue posted:

Thankfully this time they added an option in the menus to mute all players not in your party.

I have a USB soundcard connected to my PS4 that isn't attached to any speakers specifically so I never have to hear party chat.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Kizurue posted:

TreyArch had that in Blops3 as well. I had that enabled after month 1. gently caress listening to stupid pubbies.

I just wish it were an option in WW2. :-/

edit:

So...I never even touched snipers or shotties in this beta. I might fire it up this morning to give them a quick whirl before it ends. What's the consensus? Are the snipers just clones of the previous game's snipes?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’ve seen so many Ruin Grapple + Quicksope bullshit snipe showcases on Reddit you can bet your rear end this isn’t going to go away. Here’s a few:

One, two, three (my favorite), and a preview of the PC COD experience (watch this)

EDIT: I’ll keep adding clips because :lol: this loving game: totally balanced,

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Aug 13, 2018

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’ve seen so many Ruin Grapple + Quicksope bullshit snipe showcases on Reddit you can bet your rear end this isn’t going to go away. Here’s a few:

One, two, three (my favorite), and a preview of the PC COD experience (watch this)

EDIT: I’ll keep adding clips because :lol: this loving game: totally balanced,

Ok, so I tried to pull of some of these sniper shenanigans this morning and it did NOT work for me. Of course, I didn't have a laser sight on it for hip fire (WTF ARE YOU DOING HIP FIRING A SNIPER THAT SHOULD NOT BE A THING!!!).

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
They're getting the band back together!

Also I'm the mom makin' snacks.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

CaptainScraps posted:

It's pretty fun on PC.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
would have hit 40 if the game let me finish my match, rough. oh well.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

would have hit 40 if the game let me finish my match, rough. oh well.

Some people were getting stuck on level 39 and never getting the message when they hit 40, so maybe they'll be kind and grandfather all level 39s in or something.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

CaptainScraps posted:

:siren:Here's a link to the PC thread if you want to share with the vastly popular, definitely populated, COD PC community that definitely won't dwindle to Lawbreaker numbers in a month's time!!!:siren:

Enjoy!!! GL HF!!!!

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I heard this game is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Holy poo poo its Belt