Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Not sure why after hotline miami no game could make fun fast paced bloody arena combat but hey Ruiner at least you are so unbelievably red in color that I felt like I was playing a Quake mappack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Edit: Wrong thread

The Xbox beta seems to crash on startup, can't get it to launch on my Bonx. Others are reporting this issue as well.

Guess I'm playing on PS4.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Aug 10, 2018

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1027958095308251136?s=21

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RAGE wasn't a good game, but i'm really excited for RAGE 2 anyways. The E3 gameplay looked fantastic.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

Lambert posted:

Edit: Wrong thread

The Xbox beta seems to crash on startup, can't get it to launch on my Bonx. Others are reporting this issue as well.

Guess I'm playing on PS4.

At least you got a code, I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do with my Xbox.com pre-order to get into the beta.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Noice I bought the full season of Hitman and Doom on deep discount in the last big game sale while in my airbnb, waiting to play them in 4k, then broke my tv in the move, and now they're free.

I guess I should avoid buying games on sale from now on?

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

FunOne posted:

At least you got a code, I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do with my Xbox.com pre-order to get into the beta.

Try downloading this one: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/call-of-duty-black-ops-4-private-beta/c3pc8bvph3r3

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Doom extremely owns, holy poo poo.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I see the new Wolf games and I’m confused by how much better Doom is.

Doom owns. The X enhancement was really good.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000

Fun Shoe

I eventually found it on Twitter of all places, but that was not intuitive at all.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Beastie posted:

I see the new Wolf games and I’m confused by how much better Doom is.

Doom owns. The X enhancement was really good.

Well, the first Wolf came out before Doom with very different objectives, like integrating a stealth system and having a protagonist with emotions beyond Always Angry At Demons.

Wolf 2 just wasn't very good.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Doom is a very well designed game where all of the mechanics naturally work together with the exception of the inclusion of Secrets into a game where you can't backtrack at several points in each level.

Wolfenstein has literally none of that.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
I've been playing ONRUSH which is free to play this weekend. It's kind of like a team-based demolition derby with a few different game modes and vehicles with different abilities.

It's pretty fun for a free game but kind of lacks in any substance to consider paying anything for it. Apparently it runs in 60fps on the One X though which is cool I guess.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Barudak posted:

Doom is a very well designed game where all of the mechanics naturally work together with the exception of the inclusion of Secrets into a game where you can't backtrack at several points in each level.

Wolfenstein has literally none of that.

That's not true at all!

There are a bunch of secrets in Wolfenstein you can't backtrack to!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Whoever makes the cutscenes for Wolfenstein should get all of the review bonuses

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I liked Wolfenstein 1 but 2 played like poo poo and went too far into the sjw poo poo for me. Punched out when BJ said something like “gently caress you white cis pigs” or something like that. It was stupidly eye rolling

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Empress Brosephine posted:

I liked Wolfenstein 1 but 2 played like poo poo and went too far into the sjw poo poo for me. Punched out when BJ said something like “gently caress you white cis pigs” or something like that. It was stupidly eye rolling

:rolleyes:

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Wolfenstein owns. Don't make me fight you, goons.

Edit: vvvvvvvv :argh:

GUI fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Aug 11, 2018

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

The gunplay was boring, and the controls sucked.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

GUI posted:

Wolfenstein owns. Don't make me fight you, goons.

Edit: vvvvvvvv :argh:

Controls: Bad
Weapons: Bad
XP System: Bad
Level Layout: Bad
Secrets: Bad
Health System: Bad
Stealth Existing At All: Bad
Stealth Implementation: Bad
Unskippable Cutscenes: Bad

All Systems Nominal, Beginning Wolfenstein Reboot Sequence

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

New Wolfenstein II had a scene with Hitler and instead of putting him behind a forcefield they just let you kill him if you want and they give you an achievement even though you died.

Encounter design was loving terrible, though, and there's no excuse for the health situation in the first half of the game.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

You won't find any disagreement from me in regards to the dull level design in Wolfenstein 2 and all its issues (hell, I wrote all these pointless words about it on release), but I love that mini-sandbox approach they have to encounter design with the decision to go either guns blazing, stealth or both. It's a shame the design around those areas is so poor, though, and they missed on the chance to have interesting encounters by having almost every part of the gameplay consist of entering an area, the commanders popping up in your hud, and deciding how you want to approach things. The first game and its expansion had a couple of pretty well done linear forced combat sequences (the escape from the castle in The Old Blood) that were easily more memorable than anything that happened in 2.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TheScott2K posted:

Whoever makes the cutscenes for Wolfenstein should get all of the review bonuses

Yeah cause the fuggin cutscenes are half the run time of the game and outclass the dogshit shooter campaign

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

It's nice to have the same opinion as goons on a game for once. When Doom went on sale and you could get Doom and Wolf 2 in a combo pack for like $2 more I went "nah not worth it."

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

*goes back to playing Agents of Mayhem*

It's actually pretty bad but bad in a Crackdown sorta way and not nearly as bad as people make it sound after all of its patches. I like it more than the last two Saints Rows, glad I spent less than $10

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I put like 5 hours into it and wasn’t having fun. It seemed to try too hard.

Going to echo the unanimous consensus that it could have used co-op.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches
I see TES: Morrowind is available and has some form of X enhancements. Anybody know if they fixed the performance and loading issues?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

even if they did, lmao @ playing morrowind on console in 2018.

i say that as someone whose favorite game ever is morrowind and who first played it on the original xbox.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
How enhanced can it be at this point?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

zelah posted:

How enhanced can it be at this point?

Pixels beyond measure, Outlander

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

HoneyBakedMAN posted:

I see TES: Morrowind is available and has some form of X enhancements. Anybody know if they fixed the performance and loading issues?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekCq5K9cm54

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That is very impressive! This is a good alternative if you are not able to play Morrowind on PC.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
I have the base ES: Online that I bought at launch but dropped off after a couple of months.

Does anyone know what I am looking at in terms of expansions? I know that Summerset is sold separately but I can't find what the price is for the Morrowind expansion.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000

Fun Shoe
I have, I think, an original Xbox One. Do I have to get an X to improve load times? Or is there some other upgrade I can do?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

FunOne posted:

I have, I think, an original Xbox One. Do I have to get an X to improve load times? Or is there some other upgrade I can do?

You can try a decent external hard drive.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Throw it out a window from the 20th+ floor to greatly decrease loading times, at the cost of a console.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

FunOne posted:

By "Original Xbox One" I'm assuming you mean the third Xbox which launched at $499 and has a Kinect port on the back.

You can get an external hard drive and store your games there. Obviously the faster the drive, the better the load time (including some benefits from having an external SSD), but I think any external you get will be faster than the slow-as-hell internal drive. It won't do miracles, though. If you want to know why not, I'd have to tell you about the RAM.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

I said come in! posted:

That is very impressive! This is a good alternative if you are not able to play Morrowind on PC.

I mean, what PC doesn't it run on these days. Why would you ever play a buggy console version of Morrowind. And let's not forget about the hundreds of little annoyances you can't mod out. The game really didn't age well.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Aug 13, 2018

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Lambert posted:

I mean, what PC doesn't it run on these days. Why would you ever play a buggy console version of Morrowind. And let's not forget about the hundreds of little annoyances you can't mod out. The game really didn't age well.

PC's without Windows, although you could probably get it going in WINE or similar without much difficulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Lambert posted:

the only things you really need to mod in morrowind are the fog and associated draw distance and get the morrowind patch project to fix things like broken quests and crashes that never got patched. the rest of the game is still great.

however managing the inventory with a controller is a real pain in the rear end and that alone kills my desire to play it on console, let alone the crashes it still surely has and the broken quests you cannot fic.