Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Autonomous Monster posted:

Is there not an alert for when you have succession laws that might lose you stuff?

I mean, I usually ignore it because it seems to give a lot of false positives, but if you're somehow ignorant of what you succession laws are...

I was planning on fixing it, but the death by snu-snu event fired off before I could. I swear that 10% chance of death for a not too old ruler is more like 70%, I lose so many rulers that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Best Friends posted:

Does the AI build forts in foreign territory ever?

Yep, I see it all the time when I'm playing as a nomad

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

A thought occurs - does anyone know if the Chinese event troops are generated based on the size of your current levy, or the maximum levy your kingdom / empire could host? That is, if I set my empire laws to give me the lowest levy, would that reduce the size of Chinese stack that spawns? And is the size of the retinue included?

Because Im contemplating a strategy of altering the empires laws to support the lowest levies, thereby granting a lot of money, build all cities rather than castles in my demense, moving my capital next to the Western Protectorate and storming them with mercenaries and my retinue before a hopefully smaller Chinese event stack makes it up from Bengal

Anyone tried anything like that?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Apparently at some point the devs confirmed they're adding the Crimean Goths. With that and the addition of Coptic, this is going to be loving awesome, and also a huge pain in the rear end to update my mod. I can't wait.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

My Paranoid ruler just got the "My wife is pregnant, but I was away wasn't I?" event. I'm not entirely sure why he's asking that question - he's a eunuch.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

His dick was doing the talking.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Jedit posted:

My Paranoid ruler just got the "My wife is pregnant, but I was away wasn't I?" event. I'm not entirely sure why he's asking that question - he's a eunuch.

I love it when this happens. I pick the option where he's sure it's his and you've basically just reproduced without genitals because as far as the game's concerned the kid's of your house.

E: hell even if my current ruler is totally normal I still usually only pay the 5 measly gold to investigate because sometimes it gives you an excuse to gently caress somebody over.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Lucky Guy posted:

I was planning on fixing it, but the death by snu-snu event fired off before I could. I swear that 10% chance of death for a not too old ruler is more like 70%, I lose so many rulers that way.
Depending on traits your guy is still loving a lot in his twilight years so you eventually lose the lottery no matter how unlikely a single test is.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Honky Dong Country posted:

I love it when this happens. I pick the option where he's sure it's his and you've basically just reproduced without genitals because as far as the game's concerned the kid's of your house.

E: hell even if my current ruler is totally normal I still usually only pay the 5 measly gold to investigate because sometimes it gives you an excuse to gently caress somebody over.

That shows up all the time even on non-paranoids. Damned annoying on a tribal with three concubines and a realm with 124515 seduction focus characters which is apparently the only focus the AI is allowed to take

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I turn off ai seduction. It’s loving annoying outside of the players hands.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jedit posted:

Ask me about how I tried to be an empress with only bastard children by getting a eunuch husband and he thought every motherfucking one of my kids was his without question. I started dating the weirdest people I could just to see if he'd notice. A veritable rainbow of children.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD

Lucky Guy posted:

Didn't pay attention to this, so when I croaked, sis inherited half the world because the other half was set to agnatic :(

religion map. STAT.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I turn off ai seduction. It’s loving annoying outside of the players hands.

spoken like someone who's only ever played singleplayer

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

420 Gank Mid posted:

lol I just got an image in my head of somebody getting the poo poo kicked out of them and going "Well fine, if I can't beat you in a war I can still gently caress YOUR WIFE, BUDDY."

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Finally the "Recruit Physician" button gives me a decent doctor.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Horse M.D. is probably going to gently caress up your face and/or dick and he still owns.

Also lol at the staff he's holding. It's prolly a dummy holding the staff and he just hangs out with his head over its shoulders.

E: good on your for apprenticing him too. Horses in the Hermetics is always a pro move.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

420 Gank Mid posted:

And proud.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
Today I learned that satanic orgies have a change of turning you straight.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Angry Salami posted:

Today I learned that satanic orgies have a change of turning you straight.

I wish this wasn't too long for a thread title.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

TIL satanic orgies can turn you straight

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Leave off the first four words.

The Monarch
Jul 8, 2006

Is there something I'm missing in regards to secret religions? Two games now I've had the experience of going through succession to find 3/4 of my realm and half my vassals have converted with the "true believer" thing, making them impossible to convert (as far as I'm aware). Is my only option really to spend the next however many years revoking titles and fighting tiny, trivial wars against my now apparently hardcore Jain vassals?

It wouldn't bother me so much if it didn't seem like the player was powerless to counteract or prevent it. I had a high intrigue, zealous ruler but then I died and my heir (who I was also raising personally) is in a secret religion. Before I even realised I got the "My lord, we are now numerous, it is time to worship openly!" message and it's like ok, my wife(s) I can see, same for my vassals. But why in the world would my heir, who has a very high opinion of me and has been under my tutelage his entire life, practice a secret religion? His mother wasn't even a secret Jain.

Like seduction it feels like it could be a great feature, but it's such a powerful weapon against a liege that the AI minmaxes itself to almost always joining a secret religion, even if they have no reason at all to.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
You can set your court chaplain to hunt apostates. But it's still only a whac-a-mole solution.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

DISCO KING posted:

religion map. STAT.

This is from a year or so ago and I don't have the save any more, but Byz converted to Catholic in the 800s, and as the Sunni caliph I brutally eradicated the Shia whenever they popped up, so those two were simply not on the map anywhere. 99% of that horrific mess was Sunni.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

take this sick filth back to fyad

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

What's the worst that can happen if some guy fucks your wife? You get a rival to kill? Your wife gets angry at you for suspecting something? You get a chance to pre-disown an unwanted son? You get cheated out of becoming inbred idiots when you've been at the Zoroastrianism a little too hard? I don't see what the big issue is.

Sure, genetics may get a little screwed so you can't pass genius along, but that's a crapshoot anyways.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Crusader Kings II: What's the worst that can happen if some guy fucks your wife?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Horse M.D. is probably going to gently caress up your face and/or dick and he still owns.

Also lol at the staff he's holding. It's prolly a dummy holding the staff and he just hangs out with his head over its shoulders.

E: good on your for apprenticing him too. Horses in the Hermetics is always a pro move.

It's only been like 40 years but I'm already a bit at a loss what to do as a count in the Western Protectorate, so a horse murdering me trying to fix my flu is really the last of my worries.

As an aside, don't join the Hermetics as Jinquan. You're out of diplo range of all the other members so your theorem papers are auto-rejected

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Various Meat Products posted:

Crusader Kings II: What's the worst that can happen if some guy fucks your wife?

Not enough murder or Satan.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Not enough murder or Satan.

Whats the worst than can happen if Satan fucks your wife

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Azhais posted:

Whats the worst than can happen if Satan murderfucks your wife

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Azhais posted:

It's only been like 40 years but I'm already a bit at a loss what to do as a count in the Western Protectorate, so a horse murdering me trying to fix my flu is really the last of my worries.

As an aside, don't join the Hermetics as Jinquan. You're out of diplo range of all the other members so your theorem papers are auto-rejected

Yeah lately I've been trying to do the Aladdin achievement and that's one of the first things I figured out. I also figured out that Taoism loving sucks if you need to expand. Eventually I found that I has access to the Assassins and went Shia so that I could expand far more aggressively.

I did pump out a magnum opus in the period when I was still Taoist though. I just never attempted theorems unless the window that pops up had at least five character portraits in it. Then I turned over the book to the emperor for grace because breaking up Tibet is pretty important for expansion as Jinquan imo.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

SlothfulCobra posted:

What's the worst that can happen if some guy fucks your wife?

Serious answer: you can get an STD. But that's just a weapon to wield against your enemies and their spouses.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

SlothfulCobra posted:

What's the worst that can happen if some guy fucks your wife? You get a rival to kill? Your wife gets angry at you for suspecting something? You get a chance to pre-disown an unwanted son? You get cheated out of becoming inbred idiots when you've been at the Zoroastrianism a little too hard? I don't see what the big issue is.

Sure, genetics may get a little screwed so you can't pass genius along, but that's a crapshoot anyways.
Serious answer:
Your wife might be very likely to join some guy’s intrigues against you and she usually adds quite a chunk of plot power.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Yeah I learned very quickly in my Republic stabbing adventures that the easiest way to ensure proper stabbings is to become a master seducer which gives you an insane +50 opinion with the opposite sex. At one point I had a lover who was young and had good enough stats that everybody wanted to marry her, so I'd propose a marriage between her and a patrician I wanted dead, have her immediately add like 50% plot power to his death, and then once he was dead turn around and remarry her to the next guy I wanted to kill. Rinse repeat for a good 15 years before she got old enough that the marriages were refused. Somehow nobody ever caught on.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

TaurusTorus posted:

Serious answer: you can get an STD. But that's just a weapon to wield against your enemies and their spouses.

I accidentally married some woman with syphilis as my fourth wife and then died of syphilis some time later. Since she was just my fourth wife I didn't look at her traits very closely and whoops!

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

TaurusTorus posted:

Crusader Kings 2: An STD is just a weapon

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
are the Imperial Princesses you get from grace always pretty high stats? I just arranged for a marriage for my genius son and the Emperor shipped out a ~16 average stat grey eminence quick lustful hedonist

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Azhais posted:

are the Imperial Princesses you get from grace always pretty high stats? I just arranged for a marriage for my genius son and the Emperor shipped out a ~16 average stat grey eminence quick lustful hedonist

Nope. First one I got playing Jade Dragon was an imbecile master seductress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Be careful about sending away for Imperial Princesses too often, especially if you're also shipping your extraneous daughters to China to be concubines. Things can get really inbred really fast.

• Locked thread