Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Just to be clear, I have turned this on for LEGO MANIACS so if you change your mind The Zack, either say so in advance, or make sure you have players still on your autopick list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
No players on my draft list. Done draftin

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
FDS done drafting

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Salaries input for 4.03 through 4.12, and First Down Syndrome set to autodraft.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Thanks Leper.

Reminder: your extra roster slot isnt actually an extra roster slot.

It will go away when the draft is done.

And you cant drop rooks for the FA draft.

Right? Am I way off base?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm not sure if we passed a rule about not dropping rooks before the FA draft. But otherwise right.

We should probably discuss if that should be a rule, though? I could see dropping a rookie for a few reasons: they're hurt and you decide you don't want the committment, or they look real bad in preseason, maybe don't even make the final cut. More likely to happen to late round rookies.

And if you drop a rookie to FA, of course everyone has the chance to bid on them, so in theory they'd find their "true" value.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

I'm done drafting and can be set.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I personally think that rookies should be locked into the roster for a full season but I can see how that's problematic. I think you should be able to drop them but not until after the FA draft. I would be okay with an IR caveat if people really wanted it, but you can just stash someone like Guice on your IR for cap space before the FA auction as is and then decide what to do with him later, so that doesn't seem entirely necessary

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

If you wanted to lock rookies, you should draft them second, so that people can draft them to fill the roster instead of relying on FA uncertainty. No one announced otherwise.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
No reason to lock rookies. After being drafted they should be treated just like any other roster’d athlete except the ability to be on TS.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Dont draft rookies and then drop them just to keep them out of the grasp of people behind you in the draft order. It's a dick move.

Nothing is written, but maybe it should be.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
If the rookie is dropped during the FA draft so you can pick up a FA that's one thing and OK in my book.

Drafting rookies then dropping them right after the draft is what I meant in the other post.

That hasnt happened, but it could in theory.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

Dont draft rookies and then drop them just to keep them out of the grasp of people behind you in the draft order. It's a dick move.

Nothing is written, but maybe it should be.

Eh think that’s minor. If they want them after being dropped they can grab in FA.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Brick Squad should have no-picked already according to the times in the draft I believe, but it is still hanging there 2 hours later from what I can see?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I suggest we stick with the status quo (you can drop rookies) for now, and see what happens. If it seems to be abused we can discuss a rule change for next year. I'm loathe to make a rule change after people have already filled their rosters with rookies under the reasonable belief they'd be droppable. For example, both the whalers and the titoons drafted 7 rookies... only four can fit on the taxi squad, and it'd be lame to say, now, after they've each taken that many, that they're not going to be able to try and get free agents without dropping a valuable veteran or something.

Alfalfa posted:

Eh think that’s minor. If they want them after being dropped they can grab in FA.

Well, true, but at the cost of FAAB dollars, and potentially being outbid or the player having a higher salary. If you got sniped on a dude in the second round @ $11 and then lose an auction when someone bids $15 you could be pretty salty about it and I'd understand that.

Maybe if we contemplate the rule, it'd be something like, you can't drop a non-injured rookie drafted in the first... three rounds?

Chen Kenichi posted:

Brick Squad should have no-picked already according to the times in the draft I believe, but it is still hanging there 2 hours later from what I can see?

Brick drafted Gus Edwards at 11pm EST. The clock stops at midnight and resumes at 6 am, so he's had about an hour before and then about 7 hours after, for a total of around 8... he gets 12.

That said, Brick has 2 picks in a row, so it's not like he should be surprised he has another pick now. :colbert:

but really the rookie draft has gone much faster than I had anticipated so it's all fine.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I'm done

I hate the mobile site so much

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Aug 12, 2018

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Ahhh whoops forgot about the clock stoppage. And yeah been a good rookie draft in terms of time to finish this.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

BRICK set to done. Concord Concordes set to done.

BALLS, chefs, McLean, Whalers, Ash, Wood, and HOMIE all still drafting unless you tell me otherwise.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
I'm done.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

BALLS set to done

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I am done.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Whalers set to done.

e\/\/\/\/ Set Ash to done.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Aug 13, 2018

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
I am done.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
With the drafting of Turay I got no one else I want so consider me done!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Team McLean is done right? I mean, 25 on the roster so he's done. Cant add anyone else.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I try not to make that assumption because in theory he could be negotiating a trade.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I set him to skip at his request.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I would manually skip my pick but cannot see how to do it, so yeah I am done drafting and can skip me when you get a chance.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK the only teams still left drafting are chopping wood and straight bass homie. I force-skipped your pick Chen.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Gridiron?

It's set to skip already.

MFL runs on a 15 minute timer. Everything gets checked every 15 mins and processed, doesnt matter if 4 skips in a row. That will take an hour at 15 minutes per skip.

There are only two left. Alfalfa and Teemu.

We could finish this draft quicker if you just post your drat picks here one at a time and take turns.

Not that it matters. No real rush.

Edit: Oh leper flipped the switch. That's why I thought it was all set.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah there's no rush, at all, we have over two weeks before the veteran draft.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Was the taxi squad steal rule stuff ever finalized?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah the commissioners discussed it, I think we presented the new rules a while back?

We probably need to specify an exact "start date" for when you can start stealing from squads. Otherwise: the new stuff is basically, you announce a theft, you have to pay some FAAB bucks regardless just to make the attempt, and if you're successful you'll be trading a future pick for the player you're stealing. You can still be blocked by the owner starting the player in question.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah the commissioners discussed it, I think we presented the new rules a while back?

We probably need to specify an exact "start date" for when you can start stealing from squads. Otherwise: the new stuff is basically, you announce a theft, you have to pay some FAAB bucks regardless just to make the attempt, and if you're successful you'll be trading a future pick for the player you're stealing. You can still be blocked by the owner starting the player in question.

How many FAAB bucks?

I’m confused. Aren’t the FAAB bucks just what is left over from your cap?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I am not even sure our final write up for the wildcard/consolation bracket is done...

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

How many FAAB bucks?

I’m confused. Aren’t the FAAB bucks just what is left over from your cap?

Nah. You get... oh god... $100 faab bucks? Bid on waivers that run twice a week.

There is strategy to it cuz if no one has more than 30 next year and I have 31 then I can drop anyone I want with a higher salary and get them back at $31.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

We actually did write up the new taxi squad rules, they're highlighted in red in the rules doc: section 9.10.

Spermy Smurf posted:

I am not even sure our final write up for the wildcard/consolation bracket is done...

Section 4.3. We cut a bunch of old stuff which is still there if we need it but it's blacked out, and the new rules are in red.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Well yeah that's the rear end I wrote for the consolation bracket.

Did anyone soberly read them?

Edit: I am just shitposting here. I wrote something halfway intelligent.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

Nah. You get... oh god... $100 faab bucks? Bid on waivers that run twice a week.

There is strategy to it cuz if no one has more than 30 next year and I have 31 then I can drop anyone I want with a higher salary and get them back at $31.

Huh?

So I can max out my cap with rookies and FA and still grab waivers with some side bank account?

Sorry this confuses me why FA get Monopoly money and rostered guys and draft picks have real cash and cap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah the FAAB is you get $100 a year. You spend it for free agents, including in the upcoming free agent draft, and we decided there needed to be some kind of cost for making a taxi squad steal attempt even if it is blocked, to discourage just freely spamming them and effectively rendering the taxi squads useless.

So making a taxi squad claim costs you $5 of your FAAB dollars.

E. You spend FAAB dollars to bid on players. The winning bid becomes that player's salary. You have a $250 salary cap, all your player's salaries must be under that amount.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Yup, among other considerations. Of course, you don't get to keep FAAB you never spend, but I think a lot of owners try to keep a good FAAB reserve all year, just in case. I don't think we've had a situation where nobody has more than $30 left, and if at least one player still has a good reserve, trying to drop the salary of your star player is pretty risky.