Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Roads are too narrow for goons to traverse on the information superhighway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
New server launch in china on friday according to BigBo, expect some shilling and a writeup post later. Gonna be some good times for sure though

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
I made a thing if anyone wants to convert this a better write-up that's actually formatted later.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qZAn1KIOlnIKne3wwvhztSqUtYwnCwdQ6Umyu6ZxGJg/edit?usp=sharing

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

This is pretty much the best and most accurate commercial for Age Of Wushu I have ever seen.

https://twitter.com/iatemuggles/status/1035914331131703296

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Current status of asia game. Playing dungeons and dragons dragons dogma online via vpn.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I got tired of Chinagame.exe again

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

same but like 2 days into it

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

angerbeet posted:

I got tired of Chinagame.exe again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV7rRNIOHYI

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I'm just drowning in a sea of mobage while I wait for the Next Great Chinagame.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I am shocked you guys went back for nostalgia to the most railroaded mmo ever and got tired of it I actually tried to see if we could set up a private goon server with less bullshit a while back but no joy

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
I was fully ready to give my time over to chinagame but not my money, and that killed it for me before the lack of interest did.

(Although I suppose I could've tried Malaysia again, but it just felt way less fun than the actual China servers once i'd gotten to try those.)

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Some of you have severe battered wife syndrome.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
as the broke-brained person who still enjoys this poo poo heap of a game, I've certainly wasted 20 dollars on other things and gotten much less entertainment from them

nothing will bring back how fun it was when it started, but the pvp is still enjoyable. combined with all the new schools, subsects, and jianghu sets, you can find something fun that lets you fight with a poo poo ping

just don't play malaysia or NA, china is where the fun is

Zipline
May 9, 2013
You have gotta be joking. I don't check this thread for like 3 months and everyone jumps BACK IN to Wushu, plays for 2 days, and jumps out.

Reading the last 100 posts was a rollercoaster of hope, joy, and bitter tears

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Welcome to Luo Yang, minister.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/189811848168603649/493856346991493121/image0.jpg

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Nothing like a declarative to get me hyped for Chinagame

Orv
May 4, 2011
Wait wait wait, I've got it. Stick with me cause this one's gonna go places.

Age of Pooshu 2.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Orv posted:

Age of PBooshu 2.

Fixed for the holiday season.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I found my old screenshots in a backup folder. I did all kinds of evil.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

As did we all.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Playing Go in jail was actually really great and ancient wuxia prisons kind of owned.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
The only thing I really remember about Wushu jail was breaking some goon out before he was executed. Multiple times.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I did my damnedest to keep Grithok in jail, where he belongs.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

angerbeet posted:

Yeah, I really felt uncomfortable when he was talking about jerking himself off with my feet.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Well he's apparently banned now, I guess

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Be careful! Don't let the Confucian teachers see your indiscretions!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

angerbeet posted:

I am out now.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

I demand you be returned to Suzhou's sexiest jail

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Where oh where is the next chinagame? I had the urge to play wushu and then thought I'd ask here since someone else has to be stupider than me and actually gone to try them.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Oh good news!

How do you feel about a chinese game being hosted by russians and sold to americans?

https://cb.my.com/en

You can buy into the beta but if you played a previous beta you don't need to buy in. Some times they do free betas.

Launch date unknown, game has lovely ui and translation, no flying skill, mostly pvp based.

quote:

On February 7 at 15:00 CET (06:00am PST), CBT Stage 1 will get underway and it’s planned to run 24/7. There might be an impromptu update required, but the servers should remain up until February 15. Then, on February 18 at 10:00 CET (01:00am PST), the House CBT Stage will commence, on which we’ll have more details nearer the time - stay tuned!

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Feb 5, 2019

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Isn't my.com the russian mafia run thing

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Yes.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Oh so now you have a problem with giving your credit card information to the Russian mafia, I swear

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3881368

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Just in case someone is seriously thinking of trying my.com, don't.

Now if you have ignored my advice, there are two factions, east and west, who knows if there is a big difference or lock outs. West has cossacks and guns and lives in dirty euro ville while east has javalins, better cav??? and lives in china dirt ville.

One of the main problems for this game was the world of tanks like progression system where you got 8 tiers of each troop but some start at tier 2 or 3. In the last beta they let us use tier 4-6 troops and if you took 3 into a battle and lost them it would take you 45 minutes, 15 per, to refill those troops.

It was poo poo and awful.

Also you have 6 skills and 2 ultimates per weapon type where you can bring 3 and 1.

There is some sort of open world travel / control system besides the arena and it looks really dumb.

But I am gonna be middle eastern spear man for at least a week.

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

Third World Reagan posted:

Just in case someone is seriously thinking of trying my.com, don't.

Now if you have ignored my advice, there are two factions, east and west, who knows if there is a big difference or lock outs. West has cossacks and guns and lives in dirty euro ville while east has javalins, better cav??? and lives in china dirt ville.

One of the main problems for this game was the world of tanks like progression system where you got 8 tiers of each troop but some start at tier 2 or 3. In the last beta they let us use tier 4-6 troops and if you took 3 into a battle and lost them it would take you 45 minutes, 15 per, to refill those troops.

It was poo poo and awful.

Also you have 6 skills and 2 ultimates per weapon type where you can bring 3 and 1.

There is some sort of open world travel / control system besides the arena and it looks really dumb.

But I am gonna be middle eastern spear man for at least a week.

This is about Conqueror's Blade on my.com, right? Cause they've got quite a few games there.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Yes. I am talking about conqueror's blade on my dot com

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jan 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Trip report

Conqueror's blade is better than I gave them credit for.

It will be a dead game after like 2 or 3 months.

The open world combat is rear end.

The pvp arenas, weapon skills, and troop movements are more complicated than it initially appears.

Overall 6/10 unless you like bad games

Oh and microtransactions are gonna be loving awful