Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Lady carrying her shopping bags while advancing at the fash is :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

white nationalist activities are up around Floyd's Knob an Paoli Indiana as well, which is almost certainly Heimbach-related on account of literally nobody else living there

heimbach has an iron grip on floyds knob

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Epic High Five posted:

how do people like him and Kessler who are so obviously and extremely working with the Feds continue to have a platform

like, on the left if you're even suspected of being a cop you're loving toast, yet on the right it's apparently 1488 strikes and you're out

The left learned decades ago that the state in general and the cops in particular hate the left and will go to great and often immoral lengths to punish and suppress leftists.

The hard right's relationship with the state is much more nuanced (since it's really the way they go about attaining their goals that the state and the cops have any issue with, and not their actual goals) and so they're in a more generally grey area where it's harder for them to work out where they stand. Most just assume the state quietly has their backs and they'll always freak out when it proves untrue, like the UTR 2 protestors being shocked that the cops wouldn't make an exception to weapon carrying laws for them.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
he's so, so loving stupid

https://twitter.com/seb_uHu/status/1028991893198315520

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

:hmbol: they're in the replies, identifying themselves

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1028962419194753029

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Under British colonialism IMC probably would've died in a completely preventable famine, so he's not entirely wrong.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/curaffairs/status/1029148698947792896

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Bullfrog posted:

I so, so badly want to do a mod that updates that game for the current political moment

FYI, J Fox (the main guy who kept LCS doing after Bay12 left it for Dwarf Fortress) just posted on Bay12 teaser screenshots a couple weeks ago that he's making a new update/fork that's the NeoLiberal Crime Squad.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So on Twitter lately in communities that really ought to know better I’ve been seeing discouraging numbers of people persistently talking about antifa being responsible for widely publicized riots and property destruction and violence, to the point where they lead off with “the threat of antifa violence” as their primary motivator in an argument over (for example) whether or not to punch nazis or what being a “centrist” is.

Now I get of course that these people are just nazis and I’m not going to waste time arguing with them. But what I’m wondering is, are they getting this “violent antifa” meme from anything but like, Fox News and Infowars? Are there any incidents happening that we are just ignoring or sweeping under the rug? Anything more significant than an overturned garbage can or a shoved video camera?

Basically I don’t want to be unprepared if I should be confronted with accusations that antifa is dangerous to public order or challenged to prove that the only thing antifa does is fight nazis and without nazis antifa doesn’t exist.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

MizPiz posted:

I tried finding proof of what I said, but I just an article that kind of convinced me otherwise, which makes the sixth or so time my has been changed because I was previously contradicted. I do know COD development team (along with other game studios) has had similar connections to state department officials the way Hollywood studios have had.

the cod games all have anti-war/ 'subversive' themes in the same way that every post 9/11 action movie including transformers vaguely has

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Data Graham posted:

So on Twitter lately in communities that really ought to know better I’ve been seeing discouraging numbers of people persistently talking about antifa being responsible for widely publicized riots and property destruction and violence, to the point where they lead off with “the threat of antifa violence” as their primary motivator in an argument over (for example) whether or not to punch nazis or what being a “centrist” is.

Now I get of course that these people are just nazis and I’m not going to waste time arguing with them. But what I’m wondering is, are they getting this “violent antifa” meme from anything but like, Fox News and Infowars? Are there any incidents happening that we are just ignoring or sweeping under the rug? Anything more significant than an overturned garbage can or a shoved video camera?

Basically I don’t want to be unprepared if I should be confronted with accusations that antifa is dangerous to public order or challenged to prove that the only thing antifa does is fight nazis and without nazis antifa doesn’t exist.

Aside from Bikelockgate, that's pretty much it. Liberals enthusiastically engaging in 'both sides' and all. Remember, liberals, conservatives and nazis ultimately subscribe to the same basic worldview, just drawing different conclusions from it.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

It's being pushed by basically every major news sure because it gets clicks and serves their purposes. It's basically "RUSSIA"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Collaborating centrists and Nazi right wingers hand wringing about how antifa are actually the REAL fascists is as old as antifa, the media is just playing around with this being a "reset" on the narrative to see if people still scream at them about only one side having a loving body count

That and the cops tossed them around pretty good and they have to take it out on someone

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Anything to avoid talking about how they were marching with literal Nazi flags and iron crosses and poo poo, as such would "unbalance" the narrative

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

news media also know that if leftists actually gained power they would be in serious trouble not because the left is anti-journalism (though this is how the news media will attempt to frame it) but because if the left got into power in a serious way we would do things like raise taxes on the billionaires who own all the major news media corporations in the world, and also on the news media corporations themselves

if the left also came to power we would do things like work to democratize the workplace in a way that's never been done in most industries, and something tells me that even if jake tapper thinks of himself as a kind man he has absolutely zero interest in having the custodian staff or camera operators vote on his salary even if its through something as indirect as voting on salary caps

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Lady carrying her shopping bags while advancing at the fash is :discourse:

The feel good story I needed today.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1029359118459518983

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
the last two years have not been good to him, yikes

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

"The more we cry wolf several times, the less Antifa would be encouraged to show up at actual right-wing rallies too. Making it safer for us to do IRL activism again."

Yes, that is most certainly the proper reading of that story. After that, we can strut around naked and insist we're wearing fine clothes and nobody will ever say anything.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Data Graham posted:

They're probably confusing antifa with black bloc protesters at something like G20. The idea that one guy cutting a camera cord is "violence" against journalists is so laughable.

"violent antifa" is a narrative pushed by the far right, who want to victimize themselves, by journalists who pee themselves every time someone reacts badly to having a camera shoved in their face, and conservatives who want to try and tie it to "democrats" for nebulous political points

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

Waffle House posted:

I just wanna say that I’m glad the nazis hosed off out of DC, and lol at the many felonies that Sticiman attained while A Fed Heel.

PS The only reason to play a CoD title was for nazi zombies. JFK McNamara Nixon and Castro in the pentagon was lol

buddy i played the original cod to kill nazis with my fellow proletariat comrades :ussr:

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

all 1k or whomever people in the replies should be ashamed of themselves

way to take the bait you dorks

e- I mean like, how do you interact with twitter on a regular basis and don't see that by interacting with these idiots you're actually helping them because engagement equals success on twitter. you're giving them a loving platform. like how the gently caress does ant man have 1k people trying to talk to him about anything the fuuuck.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Morphix posted:

all 1k or whomever people in the replies should be ashamed of themselves

way to take the bait you dorks

e- I mean like, how do you interact with twitter on a regular basis and don't see that by interacting with these idiots you're actually helping them because engagement equals success on twitter. you're giving them a loving platform. like how the gently caress does ant man have 1k people trying to talk to him about anything the fuuuck.
It's IMC, it's really hard to avoid owning him even when he's fully self-owned.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Bullfrog posted:

They're probably confusing antifa with black bloc protesters at something like G20. The idea that one guy cutting a camera cord is "violence" against journalists is so laughable.

if you look at the picture of the camera cord it isn't even cut, it looks like it just got yanked out of the plug housing, possibly by accident

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

90s Cringe Rock posted:

It's IMC, it's really hard to avoid owning him even when he's fully self-owned.

People aren't owning him though. That's the point, this is how these assholes create entire careers. Crowder isn't owned, he is most likely a loving millionaire at this point from all this 'convince me im wrong' bullshit. Ann Coulter has been running this grift for decades, how is she owned? You think she feels any sense of embarrassment when shes doped up on the finest of insurance pills?

You want to own them, fine, but helping them leverage their e-celeb isn't owning them. It's literally playing into their stupid game.

Like Milo is owned because nobody loving pays attention to him anymore. That's owning these media clowns. Not giving them fuel for their self-righteous fire.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/zei_nabq/status/1028418672921141248

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Birch Gold Group? I mean...really?!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Birch_Society

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Al! posted:

if you look at the picture of the camera cord it isn't even cut, it looks like it just got yanked out of the plug housing, possibly by accident

the media didn't even react this strongly when a literal Republican candidate for Congress literally bodyslammed a reporter lol

They spent the next week interviewing a bunch of old white business owners and retirees about it because they said they were 100% in favor of it and more reporters should be bodyslammed

Wish they'd go around to some leftists and give us the same opportunity to have our anti-press views given a huge platform as a means to legitimize violence against them from all sides lmao

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Food Boner posted:

buddy i played the original cod to kill nazis with my fellow proletariat comrades :ussr:

It was the first FPS I can think of that included a Eastern front campaign in which you actually played a Soviet soldier. The expansion of MoH: Allied Assault had a bit where you fight alongside the Red Army, but at some generic American commando type if I remember right.

Ague Proof posted:

milo is a scholar now

he's publishing a (ghost-written) essay about ethics in medieval studies

There's a joke about Grover Furr in here somewhere but I can't make it work.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Epic High Five posted:

the media didn't even react this strongly when a literal Republican candidate for Congress literally bodyslammed a reporter lol

They spent the next week interviewing a bunch of old white business owners and retirees about it because they said they were 100% in favor of it and more reporters should be bodyslammed

Wish they'd go around to some leftists and give us the same opportunity to have our anti-press views given a huge platform as a means to legitimize violence against them from all sides lmao

It's stuff like this that make me think libs see authoritarians through a psychosexual lens. They're reluctant subs who can't help but submit to their daddy doms.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

MizPiz posted:

It's stuff like this that make me think libs see authoritarians through a psychosexual lens. They're reluctant subs who can't help but submit to their daddy doms.

there's this, and there's the fact that they just fundamentally agree with authoritarians on most everything. They agree that there needs to be heirarchies, that there need to be winners and losers, that "free riders" (only the poor ones tho) are a serious problem, they believe in imperialism and forever war, they do not value human life as expressed in any policy way, etc etc

The only real difference is they'd like these things to be rigidly enforced and normalized without much bloodshed or swearing, a conceit they'll drop immediately once the left calls for the destruction of it all

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Al! posted:

if a kid wants to spend his whole allowance on videogames let them, i sure as poo poo did before i learned about weed (and piracy)

hey, i don't blame them. id did too when i was there age, but it was mostly bad movie games and action figures.

Food Boner posted:

the entire ending of world at war is your character planting the soviet flag on the reichstag. while killing SS goons. then garry oldman guts a SS dude with a knife. world at war over all is pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0bQoO-xxTY

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 17:53 on Aug 14, 2018

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

He talks like the loving micro machines guy. Does he speed up his voice to compensate for every inch his guest has on him?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

hey, i don't blame them. id did too when i was there age, but it was mostly bad movie games and action figures.

the entire ending of world at war is your character planting the soviet flag on the reichstag. while killing SS goons. then garry oldman guts a SS dude with a knife. world at war over all is pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0bQoO-xxTY

World At War owned and I was disappointed the new one only focused on Americans post D-Day like come on

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

KomradeX posted:

World At War owned and I was disappointed the new one only focused on Americans post D-Day like come on

that one was ok but yeah. the Japanese levels were cool too. the soviet ones were mostly great outside the tank level. also infinite warfare was cool too. you basicaly fought space Chuds. and it was co-writen/started Brian Bloom who is BJ Blaskowitz.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Well, it did result in him, so that's one major mark against it.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

the eastern front stuff in the original would have been good if it hadnt bought into the lovely enemy at the gates-level poo poo like commissars firing machine guns at their own soldiers, human wave attacks, “you get a rifle, you get ammo” which is entirely myth-making by Nazi generals post-war in order to look better when the Americans came to town

still fun to shoot nazis though

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

I did really like how the russian character in COD1 did not give a gently caress about any of that. His journal later on says something like "I don't know how many fascists I have killed so far, but I know it is not enough"

gently caress yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Quicksilver6 posted:

I did really like how the russian character in COD1 did not give a gently caress about any of that. His journal later on says something like "I don't know how many fascists I have killed so far, but I know it is not enough"

gently caress yeah.

Ilya Ehrenburg, 1942 posted:

The Germans are not human beings. From now on the word German means to use the most terrible oath. From now on the word German strikes us to the quick. We shall not speak any more. We shall not get excited. We shall kill. If you have not killed at least one German a day, you have wasted that day … If you cannot kill your German with a bullet, kill him with your bayonet. If there is calm on your part of the front, or if you are waiting for the fighting, kill a German in the meantime. If you leave a German alive, the German will hang a Russian and rape a Russian woman. If you kill one German, kill another — there is nothing more amusing for us than a heap of German corpses. Do not count days, do not count kilometers. Count only the number of Germans killed by you. Kill the German — that is your grandmother’s request. Kill the German — that is your child’s prayer. Kill the German — that is your motherland’s loud request. Do not miss. Do not let through. Kill.