Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

poe meater posted:

Can it alone replace my wakka USB imperil bot? Or is she more of a second dps?

bsb2 does imperil, also the defense command recharges her lowest count ability so you really don't need to hone more than r2 for the water stuff because that will build enough to get her rolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

You know another awesome thing about Bartz that just dawned on me for the first time when I was doing Water Stuff with Tidus's chain: stuff like his USB make him crazy good at exploiting chains.

I realize I'm probably the last person in the world to notice, but hey. Bartz is such a good boy and the dive I least regret.

i also noticed this for the first time cleaning up jumpstarts this past weekend, great minds think a like

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also, shadow's usb chase will trigger off any ninja cast not just darkness ones, so you can use the water ninja skills to also go along with tidus

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

poe meater posted:

Can it alone replace my wakka USB imperil bot? Or is she more of a second dps?

LD yuffie with just BSB and r2 (r3 preferred) ninja skills is a solid water dps, and becomes a monster with a chain. Ninja skills are broken as hell in a fight where you aren't losing evasion stacks often

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Cleared out all the Jumpstarts, and also this.

Die die die you loving fucker.

...Seven more to go!

Any tips for Tiamat? I don't have a chain for this one.

Relevant Ice DPS: Montblanc USB, Ysayle USB, Vivi BSB2 (LD), Celes BSB2 (LD)
Healer Stuff: Alma BSB (MBlink), Yshtola BSB/Relm USB (Stoneskin), Arc SSB (PBlink), Relm BSB (Last Stand)
Other: Godwall, Ace BSB

I don't mind grinding Isgebind a bunch to inherit some stuff over if it'll make it easier.

Bring Relm USB and two entrust bots. After entrusting one wrath each to your dps (which ought to be Ysayle and Vivi), entrust to Relm for the rest of the fight. This will let her cast her USB on every turn. If your dps is good enough you can easily sub 30 using this strategy.

e: also you really want to sub-30 anyway because after 30s she gets really unpredictable and dangerous

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 14, 2018

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Thanks for the yuffie info, I had just enough to dive her. Are there any recommended abilities? Or do I use her bsb commands like squall?

poe meater fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Aug 14, 2018

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

poe meater posted:

Thanks for the yuffie info, I had just enough to dive her. Are there any recommended abilities? Or do I use her bsb commands like squall?

No, you need the ninja skills - Raging Water and something else Reflecting pool maybe, both 5*'s deep in the misc jumble tab on the far right. You get 2 stacks of the evasion skill then spam Raging Waters

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Raging waters / Reflecting pool is the physical water ninja combo - one generates blink stacks, other does more hits depending on how many stacks you have. In your case her burst command 1 also gives blink so you’d only need one/two casts of reflecting pool to enable stacking.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Aug 14, 2018

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You still need Reflecting Pool to get the hidden buff that lets her stack pblinks, although Raging Waters still does decent damage with only one pblink (3.5 vs 4.9).

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Fister Roboto posted:

Bring Relm USB and two entrust bots. After entrusting one wrath each to your dps (which ought to be Ysayle and Vivi), entrust to Relm for the rest of the fight. This will let her cast her USB on every turn. If your dps is good enough you can easily sub 30 using this strategy.

e: also you really want to sub-30 anyway because after 30s she gets really unpredictable and dangerous

This was my first instinct, good to know I was on the right track.

Looks like I have a bunch of farming to do. Since Ysayle's USB is a Rank-based Chase, I need to boost up my Chain Blizzaga, because there's no way I can hone Voltech equally high. Should not have splurged on R4 Meltdown. I'll see if I can dive her as well. Are Tyro and Ramza good enough Entrusters or should I grind up Shelke too? Is it better to use Ace Striker/Battleforged on Entrusters or to start one with DMT?

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Aug 15, 2018

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

MarquiseMindfang posted:

This was my first instinct, good to know I was on the right track.

Looks like I have a bunch of farming to do. Since Ysayle's USB is a Rank-based Chase, I need to boost up my Chain Blizzaga, because there's no way I can hone Voltech equally high. Should not have splurged on R4 Meltdown. I'll see if I can dive her as well. Are Tyro and Ramza good enough Entrusters or should I grind up Shelke too? Is it better to use Ace Striker/Battleforged on Entrusters or to start one with DMT?

Tyro and Ramza are although Shelke is noticably faster.

Meter build RMs are the way to go.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Fister Roboto posted:

You still need Reflecting Pool to get the hidden buff that lets her stack pblinks, although Raging Waters still does decent damage with only one pblink (3.5 vs 4.9).

It's actually not hidden! You can see little concentric circles like water dropping into a still lake emitting from anyone with it. The come out in a staggered pattern.

It looks a lot like the fastcast animation if you're not looking closely.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Am I overvaluing Full Break? Not having access to it is probably the biggest reason I rarely use Josef and his USB, especially when my monk skills are otherwise occupied or monk elements aren't useful. I should just, use it, right? With attack/magic breakdowns when he can't monk?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Its not in and of itself vital but full break is valued because it will stack with atk/mag breakdown. Plus any other number of weird break SBs.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Oh, poo poo, just realised I have Raijin SSB. That's better than Relm USB for Tiamat, right? It'll immediately get Vivi into Trance so he can start doubling Voltechs til he can blow his BSB2. I'm guessing I should take Wendigo for Magicite, too, and as many Dullahans as I can be bothered to farm.

e; Actually, Dullahan/Isgebind/Darkmare/Darkmare should be fine as subs? Hand of Vengeance should be good here.

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Aug 15, 2018

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

Thanks for this suggestion, did it with Squall & Rinoa, no sub but it eventually worked, just had to hope Squall doesn't get str drained. :toot:

Gonna give Hades a try later, with Ramza chain and Larsa bsb I might be able to skip it's status hell gimmick. Edit: and that’s a no with my current dark dragon team, looks like at minimum I need to find a way to slot both haste and prot/shellga.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Aug 15, 2018

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Oh, poo poo, just realised I have Raijin SSB. That's better than Relm USB for Tiamat, right? It'll immediately get Vivi into Trance so he can start doubling Voltechs til he can blow his BSB2. I'm guessing I should take Wendigo for Magicite, too, and as many Dullahans as I can be bothered to farm.

e; Actually, Dullahan/Isgebind/Darkmare/Darkmare should be fine as subs? Hand of Vengeance should be good here.

Raijin SSB is what I used to consistently clear Tiamat. It took a few initial tries to get the order of operations down, but once I did I never died unless I got distracted or wasn't paying attention. Even knowing you can't die it's a really tense fight.

Here is my team:

Raijin should Lifesyphon on his first turn while you feed him meter, then on his second turn he should SSB, then all of his turns after that should be SSB. Nothing else or you will die.

For a sub 30 I had to LD Squall and Ayame to double cast. I only needed 1 piece of +ice armor for each of them to cap damage.

Wind resist accessories are mandatory. Her first few AoEs are scripted and they're wind attacks. After you get the Last Stand train going you don't care what she does. Warning: you will be REALLY close to death right before the first Raijin SSB goes off.

The only time you should need to restart is if Squall gets hits with a drain strength before his BSB entry. After that he doesn't care. He can still cap with BSB2 command 2 or close to it.

Main magicite is Wendigo for ice imperil to help sub 30. 2 Maliris and 2 Isgebind are the subs, both are fully inherited. I killed Maliris and Isgebind a zillion times to make sure Tiamat went down as fast and hard as possible. She's terrifying and like Fister said you really want to try to sub 30 her because she goes off the rails after around the 30s mark.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Aug 15, 2018

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
How's Maliris helping there, just the Attack Boons?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

MarquiseMindfang posted:

How's Maliris helping there, just the Attack Boons?

That and +crit damage. Synergizes with OK PUSB crit fix.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Elephant Ambush posted:

That and +crit damage. Synergizes with OK PUSB crit fix.

Ah right. I'm gonna go with 2x Darkmare, then, since I won't have Critfix.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

well i think i managed to get every jumpstart in before they went away besides the final fantasy 15 one which i didn't get around to, so i should have enough motes kicking around available to dive some more characters. any opinions on any of these:

-eiko (has never left her duty as my main healer since i got her usb)
-vanille (was my main healer before eiko, have both her usbs and her burst)
-alphinaud (only have his (old?) burst and his reflect damage super, but he's my strongest mage i haven't dived)
-balthier (i don't think i've ever heard anyone ever mention this guy but i have his usb so he's a dive candidate)
-cloud (have his usb but that's about it)
-gilgamesh (have his new usb (good!) and his old usb and old burst (bad!))
-relm (have her ultra and her burst)
-agrias (have just about everything ever made for her, but i also have a dived orlandeau with usb so she's pretty outclassed)
-yuffie (just have her burst and her glunt but ninjas are good and i've got a stacked tidus to pair with her)

for reference, the characters i have dived are: onion knight, shadow, bartz, squall, orlandeau, terra, shelke, tidus, and cid raines

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yuffie, Cloud, and Alphie are all good choices.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Cowcaster posted:

-eiko (has never left her duty as my main healer since i got her usb) Solid dive, A++ healer who only gets better
-vanille (was my main healer before eiko, have both her usbs and her burst) Depending on what you have for Eiko, Eiko is much better.
-alphinaud (only have his (old?) burst and his reflect damage super, but he's my strongest mage i haven't dived) Not good enough to dive, but people will argue with me. If he's literally your strongest mage I'd say pull for more mages, but sometimes you really need Summoning so he isn't a bad option. He does get much better too.
-balthier (i don't think i've ever heard anyone ever mention this guy but i have his usb so he's a dive candidate)Decent, but imperils are only really necessary for 5* magicites and Torments. He also wants his LMR
-cloud (have his usb but that's about it) I don't recommend this dive, but if you have no other good NE damage, it's good for OD spam
-gilgamesh (have his new usb (good!) and his old usb and old burst (bad!)) His new USB is great and his dive is great, but keep in mind that unlike every other Trance dive his DOES NOT heal him, so you pretty much need to have last stand.
-relm (have her ultra and her burst) Her dive doesn't do much, but people do it.
-agrias (have just about everything ever made for her, but i also have a dived orlandeau with usb so she's pretty outclassed) Nope, she kicks rear end and works to make Orlandeau even better. I'd say this is your best or second best DPS option out of these
-yuffie (just have her burst and her glunt but ninjas are good and i've got a stacked tidus to pair with her) Extremely good idea to dive

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

The latest XIII event features Serah and Fang in a big way, and Vanille to round out banner 1. Banner 2 is a Lightning/Noel/Sazh lovefest. Snow helps out where he can.
Everything new's on Banner 1- this time, it's Fang's AOSB/USB2/Glint/LMR2, Serah's USB2/LMR2, Vanille's Glint, and Snow's LMR3 (an enelement at last!).

Banner 1 posted:

Fang's Calamity Spear [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Wind Overflow jump attacks

Serah's Summoner's Garb [CSB, +10 MAG] - Activates Ice Limit Chain (150) & 50% Ice Field, MAG +50% to party

Fang's Taming Pole [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Wind/NE jump attacks, En-Wind, No Air Time & Wind Fang to user
Wind Fang: After using Dragoon abilities, chases with 5 single-target Wind/NE ranged physical attacks, critical rate increases with each Chase
Serah's Fellowship Arc [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Ice magic attacks, 75% Ice Radiant Shield to party, Quick Cast 1 & Artemis Shot to user
Artemis Shot: Quick Cast 1 after using Ice abilities
Snow's Warlord's Glove [USB, +10 ATK] - ATK & DEF +30%, Critical = 50%, Shell & Haste to party
Vanille's Belladonna Wand [USB, +10 MND] - h55 heal & Guts to party, Instant Cast, Holy Break to all targets

Fang's Pandoran Spear [Glint, +10 ATK] - 6 single-target Wind/NE ranged physical attacks, Instant Cast, En-Wind & En-Wind Stack to user
Vanille's Cherub's Crown [Glint, +10 MND] - h55 heal to party, Instant Cast

Vanille's Erinye's Cane [BSB, +10 MND] - h85 heal & Magic Blink 1 to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target h80 heal & High Regen, Instant Cast
Defend -> h25 heal to party

Fang's Adamant Bangle [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Wind for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Serah's Amazon Bow [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Ice for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Snow's Solaris [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Ice for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Snow's Indomitus [LMR, +10 ATK] - Haste & Instant Cast 1 at the start of battle
Vanille's Guise [LMR, +10 MND] - When using White Magic abilities, 25% chance to grant user 30% Heal Boost

Banner 2 posted:

Lightning's Hauteclaire [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 20 single-target Lightning ranged physical attacks & single-target Lightning Overflow ranged physical attack

Lightning's Etro's Embrace B [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Lightning physical attacks, En-Lightning, Celerity & Spellblade Damage +30% and Brave Mode to user
Condition: Use Lightning abilities
Level 0: Single-target Lightning physical attack
Level 1~3: Single-target Lightning Overflow physical attack

Snow's Sacrificial Circle [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Ice physical attacks, 75% Ice Radiant Shield to party, Revenge Counter to user
Revenge Counter: Upon receiving PHY or BLK damage from enemy only, counters with 2 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks
Sazh's Aldebarans [USB, +10 ATK] - MAG/DEF/RES +30%, Haste & Astra to party
Noel's Blazing Spirit [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Ice/NE ranged physical attacks, Instant Cast, Imperil Ice, ATK/MAG/RES -50%
Noel's Fragarach [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Ice/NE ranged physical attacks, En-Ice & EX "Farseer's Guardian" to user
EX "Farseer's Guardian": ATK +30% & chases Ice abilities with 5 single-target Ice/NE ranged physical attacks

Lightning's Lifesaber [Glint, +10 ATK] - 6 single-target Lightning/NE physical attacks, Instant Cast, En-Lightning & En-Lightning Stack to user

Snow's Feymark [BSB, +10 ATK] - ATK & MAG +30% and Haste to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Ice physical attacks, 5 hits if exploiting weakness
Defend -> 2 AOE Ice/NE physical attacks, DEF +50%

Sazh's Rigels [BSB, +10 ATK] - ATK & MAG +30% to party, Instant Cast 2 to user, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target ranged physical attack, ATK & DEF -20%
Defend -> Single-target ranged physical attack, MAG & RES -20%

Noel's Battle Attire [BSB, +10 ATK] - 8 random Ice/NE ranged physical attacks, Instant Cast, Full Breakdown, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target Ice/NE ranged physical attack, 0.825s CT, ATK -40%
Defend -> Single-target Ice/NE ranged physical attack, 0.825s CT, MAG -50%

Lightning's Cocoon Military Cap [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Lightning for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Lightning's Reprise [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Lightning abilities
Sazh's Coat [LMR, +10 ATK] - Haste & Instant Cast 1 at the start of battle
Noel's Guise [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Ice abilities
Also a pretty big deal not just for Fang but for all Dragoons: Sky High is getting buffed to 5 hits.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'll argue with you. Alphinaud's BSB is basically the same as Raines' but with enwind instead of a party buff. Chain casting the CMD1 is almost as much dps as Meltdown, and that's before factoring in his w-cast LMR. Alphie can wreck poo poo with his BSB and an LD.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Alph is good if he never gets any more mages or has a ton of spirit/wisdom motes, sure.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Raines BSB + dive is already pretty old tech, so I don't think it's a very compelling comparison in the 4* magicite era. Another point of view related to that is that it'll take 6+ months before we get the next wind weak magicite.

So unless you're still struggling with Golem or maybe Midgard, there are probably much better options than aging BSB era tech to dive for.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The strike against Raines is that Dark mages are actually fairly common and there is a lot of stiff competition out there (Kuja, Vayne, soon enough Kefka, and a few outliers like Nabaat). Alphinaud's competition is also tough (Fujin/Barbarriccia are strong and Ultimecia gets very strong half a year down the road), but Alphinaud does maintain fairly competitive between them. Getting his newer tech down the road means it's not a wasted dive, while Raines still hasn't gotten anything in JP to bump him up a tier.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'd think real long and hard before diving someone i've only got 5* sbs for

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Raines at least is still quite competent Holy MAG damage, which absolutely no one has :shobon:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

I'm one of those people who will argue with you. Alphinaud's BSB isn't top-notch DPS any more, but it's still a workhorse and diving him with just that is one of the keys to my sub-30 Golem and actual Midgarsormr clear. It's also proved to be incredibly clutch in non-wind-weak content for the raw power of Valigarmanda. If you want to save those motes or sit on them looking for a better option, I don't blame you, but I don't regret diving him there.

Relm's dive is nice for survivability but doesn't really make her any more effective as a healer - Eiko really, really wants the motes more.

Yuffie is a windmill slam choice. Even with only a SSB, doublecast ninja is stupid strong at this point in the game, and her glint elevates that to god tier.

Agrias is nice but a little awkward - her dive, like her USB2, focuses way too hard on imperil to the point of kind of weakening the rest of her kit. If you dive her, do it because you've got all the other pieces of a good holy team and she doesn't need to do much more than drop imperils to increase everyone else's DPS.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

so alphinaud debate notwithstanding, it looks like yuffie and eiko are the two runaway winners so i'll probably pump them up before anyone else.

i also just remembered that i have krile's and snow's chains from someplace, would that put them somewhere in the pecking order? krile would pair up well with my dived terra i guess but up until this point my element game has been pretty scattershot so doubling down on fire might not be the best. snow i don't think i've used a single time and i can almost guarantee i have no monk 5* skills to equip him with besides unhoned freebies i've gotten with events.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Is it worth Legend Diving people just to improve my progress on the new torments? I'm thinking no but I want other opinions. I already have Voltech so I'm not really chasing any other abilities right now. However I do want a bunch of the other rewards. Plus it's really the only challenging endgame content right now until 5* magicites hit.

Example: I could LD Larsa for double cast white and Reks for double cast spellblade which would probably get me a sub 30 on the FF12 280. Both are solid dives for the future too. I have both of their BSBs so I'm not wasting anything.

I'm mostly concerned that I won't use them much in 5* magicite fights and only in events or this specific torment.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Legend Dives are gradually becoming less "exclusive".
As someone who has made a few ill informed dives and still felt like i had plenty, its not the end of the world.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

RagnarokAngel posted:

Legend Dives are gradually becoming less "exclusive".
As someone who has made a few ill informed dives and still felt like i had plenty, its not the end of the world.

Legend dives just got WAY more exclusive because we don't have jump starts to get 5 stars off of. The only remaining sources that I know of at this point are the 220 level of the element trials, which are also time limited and loving hard.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think the crystal tower and the lower levels of the new torments are additional sources for 5* motes but time limited applies to the former and loving hard applies to both

edit: i just looked it up and a theoretical 30 second clear of the 280 torment would end up dumping a stack of 120 5* motes in your lap, wowzers. a 30 second clear of the 240 is about the same.

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Aug 16, 2018

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Is it worth Legend Diving people just to improve my progress on the new torments? I'm thinking no but I want other opinions. I already have Voltech so I'm not really chasing any other abilities right now. However I do want a bunch of the other rewards. Plus it's really the only challenging endgame content right now until 5* magicites hit.

Example: I could LD Larsa for double cast white and Reks for double cast spellblade which would probably get me a sub 30 on the FF12 280. Both are solid dives for the future too. I have both of their BSBs so I'm not wasting anything.

I'm mostly concerned that I won't use them much in 5* magicite fights and only in events or this specific torment.

If you're going for D??? you pretty much have to Legend Dive them. For lower difficulties you can probably do without.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Zurai posted:

If you're going for D??? you pretty much have to Legend Dive them. For lower difficulties you can probably do without.

I'm not interested in D??? right now. Thanks though. I'll hold off on them until I feel like I really need them.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
It's not completely relevant to the current discussion about Alphinaud since Cowcaster doesn't have his USB, but I wanna say that Alphinaud has been great secret tech for just about any magicite where I needed to fill in another dps. Between the radiant shield and buff on his SSB and the finisher and ether on his USB, Alphinaud can do very respectable damage. You'll probably want somebody else if you're going for sub-30s, but because his USB's "finisher" does a flat amount of damage and isn't elemental based, you can load Alphinaud up with just about any relevant summon and it'll do a nice amount of damage. And you'll basically never run out of hones.

I use Alphinaud in my Midgarsormr, Kraken and Tiamat teams. After buffs, Valigarmanda also usually caps without needing a +damage RM, so you can run a dualcast summoner RM alongside his LD and hope for triple-casts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Getting heavy use from his best soul break, the SSB. I used my legend dived Alphinaud in my sub 30 Tiamat (consistent) farm. Dude was also in my team when I beat boundless Zeromus EG last fest. That should be a true testament of its use if you consider 4* magicites joke difficulty content. Can't really imagine what could possibly happen that he wouldn't be on my XIV torment crew. Using SSB of course.

Radiant Shield is one of the best effects in game and since it comes with a buff you can jam him in any team forever. Dude can contribute in any team in Onion Knightish fashion with WHT access and heavy multiplier summons for quite a few elements. Heavy multiplier means you need less buffs to reach maximum potential which is beneficial when he is used in a non magic team.

Slam dunk dive with SSB if you ask me. BSB is okay.