Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Tomahawk posted:

Also if you live in NY then you’ve already had the opportunity to go to takeover at Barclays 4 times by the time that show happens

you've also had the opportunity to see roh's war of the worlds tour in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017, in addition to any number of other roh shows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

davidbix posted:

Why are some of you pretending that the MSG show isn't part of a long wrestling weekend, the biggest of the year?

that would mean that ROH isn't the source of the most BUZZ around

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

abraham linksys posted:

you've also had the opportunity to see roh's war of the worlds tour in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017, in addition to any number of other roh shows

I must have forgotten all the times they ran MSG

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Tomahawk posted:

I must have forgotten all the times they ran MSG

yes, finally, i can see the same wrestlers from a further distance away, and pay more money for it!

(i was gonna say "worse venue" but the layout roh uses at hammerstein is loving garbage for the balconies and terminal 5 was the worst wrestling venue i have ever seen in my entire life so i guess msg is a step up in that regard)

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

abraham linksys posted:

yes, finally, i can see the same wrestlers from a further distance away, and pay more money for it!

(i was gonna say "worse venue" but the layout roh uses at hammerstein is loving garbage for the balconies and terminal 5 was the worst wrestling venue i have ever seen in my entire life so i guess msg is a step up in that regard)

Yeah I dunno man, I’m going to have a good time, cheers!

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

abraham linksys posted:

The sightlines really are complete poo poo for wrestling at the Hammerstein so any round arena is a step up.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

exploded mummy posted:

that would mean that ROH isn't the source of the most BUZZ around

This might be the biggest buzziest thing in wrestling and it's already happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSh2s_lmthI

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Writer Cath posted:

This might be the biggest buzziest thing in wrestling and it's already happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSh2s_lmthI

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

https://youtu.be/aNL9oljAFqM?t=12

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I still have no clue why MLW thinks Pentagon needs a dime store Zelina Vega as his mouthpiece

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Benne posted:

I still have no clue why MLW thinks Pentagon needs a dime store Zelina Vega as his mouthpiece

Do all skeletons look the same to you?!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Check out the Morrison/Teddy match:

https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1028400815692644352

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Wow that was a good match. Morrison is one of the best guys on the indies when it comes to elevating his opponents. He's a good ring general and uses his athleticism and size really well.

I was at the LU taping where he had the cage match against Sexy Star and he bumped and sold his rear end off. She came out of it looking like a decent to good wrestler. poo poo he carried awful rear end Eli Drake in their Impact Title Match before that dumb rear end Alberto run in.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I cant quite get into Teddy but that was a really good match. He seems like he's stuck in early 2000s indie limbo complete with trash bag pants.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Peak 2018 show name:

https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/1029402356881010690

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
TOM LAWLOR VS EVERY JOBBER IN THE TRISTATE AREA IN A WEAPONS BATTLE ROYAL

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Phenix Rising posted:

I cant quite get into Teddy but that was a really good match. He seems like he's stuck in early 2000s indie limbo complete with trash bag pants.

Early 2000s is probably the last time his brain was fully functional, so that's no surprise.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel like there's an amazing run for Teddy Hart in just embracing that he's a crazy person trapped in a bygone era of wrestling where he was supposed to become a superstar but sabotaged his career. And also that he's super weird about cats. Like just a hardcore lean into the "high school quarterback" thing but also with like extras from Cats walking him to the ring or something.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Teddy Hart looks at his hands and makes the "why am I so violent" face but its actually because he's surprised he still has hands.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

STAC Goat posted:

I feel like there's an amazing run for Teddy Hart in just embracing that he's a crazy person trapped in a bygone era of wrestling where he was supposed to become a superstar but sabotaged his career. And also that he's super weird about cats. Like just a hardcore lean into the "high school quarterback" thing but also with like extras from Cats walking him to the ring or something.

This would be awesome if Teddy was even the least bit self-aware.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The one thing I've seen of him lately is the MLW Riot thing where they set it up for him to enter the ring with Tom Lawlor, got super hyped about how great a matchup it was going to be, built it up, and then he came into the ring, did a flip onto the people outside eliminating himself, and then walked away all proud while everyone was all "WTF?!"

So I guess that's kind of where I got the idea and was hoping he'd just embraced his "loose cannon" thing and it would be funny if they just went the extra yard and kind of basically acknowledged that his whole look and style hasn't changes in the 10-15 years since when he was a blue chip prospect because he's frozen in his prime.

Also make Holly Meowy his valet and get weird with it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Apparently known shithead Sami Callihan got some high school kid to draw him t-shirt designs, promising a t-shirt and credit, and hasn't delivered on either.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/97d7ee/sami_callihan_is_using_my_shirt_designs_without/

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1029538477808005120

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

On one hand, its Rich Swann. On the other, its Nick Gage beating the gently caress out of Rich Swann.

Who has the GCW library up for streaming? Have they gotten that far?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

On one hand, its Rich Swann. On the other, its Nick Gage beating the gently caress out of Rich Swann.

Who has the GCW library up for streaming? Have they gotten that far?

i think gcw is on powerbomb tv

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think the only way to see GCW is to buy it from Smart Mark

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

KungFu Grip posted:

i think gcw is on powerbomb tv
Nope, they sell shows via Smart Mark Video.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Lost in NY is going to be on the FITE app

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Apparently known shithead Sami Callihan got some high school kid to draw him t-shirt designs, promising a t-shirt and credit, and hasn't delivered on either.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/97d7ee/sami_callihan_is_using_my_shirt_designs_without/
Come for the Sami shenanigans, leave when Reddit scumdogs start saying "His ex-wife has no proof he beat her!"

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Endless Mike posted:

I do a podcast with a guy from Spain who is working on new theme music for Sami. I'll make sure to pass this along to him so Sami doesn't gently caress him over.

EDIT: My friend goes "drat we haven't had any contact with him since we sent him the demo. I hope he doesn't use the unfinished track."

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Aug 15, 2018

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

I do a podcast with a guy from Spain who is working on new theme music for Sami. I'll make sure to pass this along to him so Sami doesn't gently caress him over.

EDIT: My friend goes "drat we haven't had any contact with him since we sent him the demo. I hope he doesn't use the unfinished track."

Well, looks like he did eventually get paid, but it took some public shaming. Hope it works out better for your friend

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ALL_IN_2018/status/1029865403059720193

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I'm going to APW this Friday. Co main events are Lucha Bros vs Reno SCUM for the tag titles and Jeff Cobb vs Jacob Fatu for the world title. Should be some really fun matches. I guess Joey Ryan is wrestling Ellsworth in an mixed tag match?

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/all-pro-wrestling-suckerfree-tickets-43486371909

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

if this doesnt lead to brian cage, roh champion, gently caress the bucks, gently caress cody, gently caress joe koff

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Brian Cage would be way more interesting as champ than anyone under ROH contract

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Hey I'm 200% for Cody being NWA champion as long as whatever brand he's trying to create actually matters and it's not just a lovely ROH off-shoot. I want to see Cody defend against ZSJ, PCO, Pentagon, Ishii, Janella, Guage, LA Park, Rush and Omega in the next 12 months to make the NWA title feel like a real, international title. He has all the momentum in the world as long as he just buckles in and wrestles who's hot right now. Any combination of those guys would be a big rear end draw anywhere.

The NWA title being a big thing could lead to dozens of dream matches. Nick Gauge vs LA Park? PCO vs Ishii? ZSJ vs Rush? Janella vs Ibushi? If Cody can use his clout and stay independent long enough he can create an empire.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

It’s Nick Fuckin Gage. Show some respect.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Who is Nick loving Gage gonna wrestle tomorrow now that Meng can’t make it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The dream would be them getting Suzuki again.