Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Scathach posted:

Okay I have to admit I laughed at "duck...duck...greyduck!"

Is that a loving grey goose

"Duck Duck Gray Duck" is the variant of "Duck Duck Goose" played in Minnesota, because Minnesotans have a lot of Scandinavian ancestry and the original Swedish game was "Anka Anka Grå Anka".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

Better than sending them to Burgenwald.

edit:
Burgen-Belsen!

Burgenau? Ugh why am I doing this

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Parrots also live a ridiculously long time (some can live to be 80 or older) and sometimes get inherited by relatives when the owner dies which can be a real problem because parrots can be absolute cunts who scream like a banshee at all hours of the day, destroy everything they can reach with their beaks (which is everything in your house) and curse up a blue streak.

At least a turtle won't wake up all the neighbours at 4am screaming about how you're an idiot cocksucker. :ocelot::parrot:

I know I've told this story on the forums before, buy my two uncles were living together, and the older one was dying of end stage liver failure from being an alcoholic since the age of 14. He also had an African grey parrot which would imitate his voice incredibly accurately. Once he passed away, the younger uncle found himself in possession of a parrot that spoke in the voice of his deceased brother.

The parrot found a new home pretty quickly after that, with some parrot loving people.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

A turtle is basically an adorable living heirloom.

A parrot is more like a curse on your bloodline.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Thomas Jefferson's parrot had to be removed from his funeral for cussing too much.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Besesoth posted:

"Duck Duck Gray Duck" is the variant of "Duck Duck Goose" played in Minnesota, because Minnesotans have a lot of Scandinavian ancestry and the original Swedish game was "Anka Anka Grå Anka".

I didn't know anybody called it "Duck Duck Goose" until I was in my 30's.

e: I also didn't realize that nobody else used "hot dish" until I was in my 20's.

Moon Slayer has a new favorite as of 03:55 on Aug 15, 2018

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

This is actually pretty smart, because all the bad luck comes for you at once and jam each other up.

Observe

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I had one of those Lucy burger things while in a layover at the Minneapolis airport earlier this year. As soon as I bit into it molten cheese and grease shot out of the pocket in the middle of the burger patty and burned my mouth and lips, and as I sat there in pain I realized that's pretty much the only way that could have gone. I have to assume that burger is some kind of prank Minnesota is playing on visitors, possibly as revenge for being stuck way up there in the middle of nowhere.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Knormal posted:

I had one of those Lucy burger things while in a layover at the Minneapolis airport earlier this year. As soon as I bit into it molten cheese and grease shot out of the pocket in the middle of the burger patty and burned my mouth and lips, and as I sat there in pain I realized that's pretty much the only way that could have gone. I have to assume that burger is some kind of prank Minnesota is playing on visitors, possibly as revenge for being stuck way up there in the middle of nowhere.

So what you're saying is the mascot is entirely accurate.

Possible Goodbodying:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Besesoth posted:

Someone list all the relevant points in this picture for a superstition-layman like me.

He's underneath a ladder, there's a black cat, he broke a mirror, I'm assuming that's Friday 13th circled on the calendar, but I don't get the salt (?) and the umbrella

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Opening umbrellas inside is unlucky. And spilling salt is unlucky unless you toss some over your left shoulder.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I know I've told this story on the forums before, buy my two uncles were living together, and the older one was dying of end stage liver failure from being an alcoholic since the age of 14. He also had an African grey parrot which would imitate his voice incredibly accurately. Once he passed away, the younger uncle found himself in possession of a parrot that spoke in the voice of his deceased brother.

The parrot found a new home pretty quickly after that, with some parrot loving people.

Wasn't there a Pet Island thread called "Parrot Won't Stop Faking a Coughing Fit and Saying N****r" after someone inherited a parrot from a deceased uncle?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Took me a second to realize that bus wasn't 15 goddamn stories tall.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Is turncoat still allowed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMSXuHoNIU4

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Zipperelli. posted:

You're lucky. I saw it the other way and was looking all over for the funny bit. Scrolled back up, okay, it's a Say Nothing post so it's probably funny and I'm dumb. Hmm. Oh, right, if you tilt your head it kinda looks like the bus is 15 stories tall. :geno:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Thomas Jefferson's parrot had to be removed from his funeral for cussing too much.

Andrew Jackson

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Zipperelli. posted:

And if you had taken another moment, you would have realised it wasn't a bus.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

A turtle is basically an adorable living heirloom.

A parrot is more like a curse on your bloodline.

A friend of mine is on the 4th generation of tortoise owners. Her great-great grandparents had a tortoise from somewhere around the 30's and she's now taking care of it. It kicks it in her backyard doing nothing much more than eating carrots and lettuce as well as sauntering around.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

DiggityDoink posted:

A friend of mine is on the 4th generation of tortoise owners. Her great-great grandparents had a tortoise from somewhere around the 30's and she's now taking care of it. It kicks it in her backyard doing nothing much more than eating carrots and lettuce as well as sauntering around.

What if tortoises are actually really bitter incels? Decade after decade of no chance to get laid, because you're a pet and your slow parade of owners never own an opposite sex member of your species. I mean, they don't neuter them, so those little guys still have their reproductive drive. Decade after decade of munching lettuce and humping shoes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_mIxTimgJ0

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
The mascot choice is going to be for a race that is held at every Minnesota Twins home game. The current racers are a fish, a mosquito, babe the blue ox, and spot, The Target mascot. It seems they are replacing one of those with one of... those. I guess I'd vote for the bobber.

Knormal posted:

Jucy Lucys are horribly overrated, for the reasons you just described. I've never had one without thinking that it would have just been better with the cheese on top.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Malaysian-style burgers are where it's at. Instead of dripping all over, almost all the sauces are wrapped in a fried egg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FfRRRoXheo

Pictures:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'd like to remind posters that if their pictures aren't actually funny that we now have an appropriate thread for them to post in.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
best of luck with your thread

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Before anyone asks, thickened water / nectar is used by people who have swallowing difficulties (dysphagia - which is way more common than you might imagine) and physically can't swallow water.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

robotsinmyhead posted:

Before anyone asks, thickened water / nectar is used by people who have swallowing difficulties (dysphagia - which is way more common than you might imagine) and physically can't swallow water.

Can this liquid help you down a hotdog? I know a goon who could use it.

JesusGeorge
Apr 29, 2005
TheKeeper bought me this account so now I have to rub peanut butter on his nipples on a daily basis.

Actually, I know what that's for. I have a step brother who was in a car accident when he was young, and it caused severe brain damage. He has very little muscle control thoughout his body, and can't chew food. As such, my parents will take whatever meal we're having, throw it in a blender, and add that to it to make it easy to swallow. If I didn't know that I'd think selling thick water was funny too. (I'm a pro-GG apologist. Rock on GG).

Edit: beaten like my st- ok I made myself sad...

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
e:fb with an even sadder story

Not sure why you think a bottle of what is essentially medicine is supposed to be funny.

My grandmother had to drink thickened water 'cause she had trouble swallowing (dysphagia, as it says on the bottle there) after having a stroke. She was already really senile before the stroke, so getting food and water into her without her choking was a challenge on several levels. I was mostly shielded from it since I lived far away and only saw her on holidays, but my mom dealt with it every goddamn day for the better part of a year and I think she might have PTSD about it. So thanks for bringing up those lovely loving memories in the funny pictures thread.

Paladinus posted:

Can this liquid help you down a hotdog? I know a goon who could use it.

This, on the other hand, is funny. Guy Goodbody take note; maybe you'll understand humor someday.

dobbymoodge
Mar 8, 2005

The MSJ posted:

Malaysian-style burgers are where it's at. Instead of dripping all over, almost all the sauces are wrapped in a fried egg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FfRRRoXheo

Pictures:

Come on, the "Asian food is cats" joke is not funny anymore.

:cheeky::burger:

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

robotsinmyhead posted:

Towards the end of my grandmother's life when she had dementia real bad and was really frail, she was on nectar consistency drinks. She hated it. I tried some, and I hated it too. We had a carton of some kind of powder that you could mix with any liquid to thicken it up, and there was some talk of making her a thickened martini because she really wanted one but I don't think anyone ever did because it was just too disgusting of an idea.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
OK, even I'm willing to admit that picture was a misfire

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Learning about it was mildly interesting though. This is why it's important to post in the correct threads.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

The MSJ posted:

[timg]https://i.imgur.com/GnNAji8h.

Loooooooooong looooooooooong caaaaats!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

We got my mom that stuff when her Multiple System Atrophy affected her swallowing reflex. Helped to keep her from aspirating when she would drink. :smith:

Funny picture:

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

could have stopped any one of these things, but

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Megillah Gorilla posted:

And if you had taken another moment, you would have realised it wasn't a bus.

Ah gently caress me.

The hell is it? A streetcar?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I don't think I can hang with the dirtiest dudes in town, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Zipperelli. posted:

Ah gently caress me.

The hell is it? A streetcar?

A tram in Hong Kong.