Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Len posted:

No? I've never needed it for miniatures before and then I just was shipped resin and it's different and I don't like it.

Unless I've been assembling minis wrong for ten years? Because if so goddamn it Past Len for not learning this before now

Most (all?) resin comes with mold release on it that makes it pretty much impervious to primer or glue. If you hold it under direct sunlight it will look really shiny and greasy. Just soak it in a container of hot water with dish soap or simple green or some other cleaner for an hour and then go over it with a toothbrush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

It's sort of remarkable that I've never heard anyone say anything good or even neutral about finecast. The stuff is just universally reviled. I don't know why GW has such trouble with resin, resin I've bought from other manufacturers is generally good to great. Cleaning off mold release sucks though.

The only good thing to be said is that GW will replace your resin poo poo until you get a decent cast. I don't think the current resin stuff is finecast, but the molds made out of old metal models are still pretty bad.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Felime posted:

The only good thing to be said is that GW will replace your resin poo poo until you get a decent cast. I don't think the current resin stuff is finecast, but the molds made out of old metal models are still pretty bad.

They honor it for old poo poo too. I had a metal Ork Kannon that was missing a grot and they sent me a new Finecast Kannon set, both grots and all.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

Len posted:

No? I've never needed it for miniatures before and then I just was shipped resin and it's different and I don't like it.

Unless I've been assembling minis wrong for ten years? Because if so goddamn it Past Len for not learning this before now

Nah, metal and plastic miniatures are good to go from the box, so you've probably been assembling them right. It's just resin models that have this mold release guck on it. It's not directly obvious, but if you don't wash it off, glue won't set properly and paint will just sort of pool on the mini.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LashLightning posted:

Got two boxes from 7 or so years back, the ogres and wizards sets. Still in shrink wrap.

I kind of wonder if someone really gave something like that to a charity store, and it's actually tat that they shrink-wrapped as some form of prank. I don't dare open them to find out.

One time I bought a PS4 game from Walmart (I lived across the street, and didn't feel like putting much more effort in), and inside was a burned copy of 17 Again starring Zac Effron.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

LashLightning posted:

Got two boxes from 7 or so years back, the ogres and wizards sets. Still in shrink wrap.

I kind of wonder if someone really gave something like that to a charity store, and it's actually tat that they shrink-wrapped as some form of prank. I don't dare open them to find out.

Sell them. You can get a good chunk of cash for old Heroquest expansions.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Iron Crowned posted:

One time I bought a PS4 game from Walmart (I lived across the street, and didn't feel like putting much more effort in), and inside was a burned copy of 17 Again starring Zac Effron.

Magic the Gathering Fat Pack that was resealed with packs of football cards in it for me.

The fucks tried to argue I did it despite only having checked out three minutes beforehand

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
The worst part about finecast was if you ever dropped that poo poo, it would warp or break the model beyond repair. Luckily I only picked up a few finecast models total, and I am especially happy I bought my Dark Eldar stuff right when it came out. IIRC they switched right after that release and right before Tomb Kings? Too bad I got burned on the Tomb Kings.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Len posted:

Magic the Gathering Fat Pack that was resealed with packs of football cards in it for me.

The fucks tried to argue I did it despite only having checked out three minutes beforehand

i wish both of you were lying but I can believe this

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Please tell me that's a potato.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

AndyElusive posted:

Please tell me that's a potato.

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one thinking that.

If it is a potato, why hasn't the model been crushed/fallen over under the weight?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Ugleb posted:

If it is a potato, why hasn't the model been crushed/fallen over under the weight?

The gestalt belief of the crew that it won't, obviously?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ugleb posted:

Orks

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Recently found a lot of my old toys boxed up. I was between 6-15 years old (1980s party timeee) collecting all this poo poo. Dunno where else to put it, so I put it here.

I thought I had a Harlequin wraithlord walker as well, but hosed if I know where that is.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Aug 17, 2018

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Philthy posted:

Recently found a lot of my old toys boxed up. I was between 6-15 years old collecting all this poo poo. Dunno where else to put it, so I put it here.

I thought I had a Harlequin wraithlord walker as well, but hosed if I know where that is.

I'm sad I didn't get into warhammer until long after that stuff stopped being available. Those old models have gone from rad, to dumb, to rad over the years

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Philthy posted:

That Harlequin owns. I want a hover-motorcycle shaped like my head.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

that skull head slug legs multi melta chaos space marine is one of my all time favs

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
What is actually in the Iron Hands Tactical Upgrade pack? I see that it's 23 pieces but the GW site doesn't actually tell me what pieces those are?

Also, how cross-compatible would they be with scouts (like, how out-of-place would the arms etc. look on them)?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Schadenboner posted:

What is actually in the Iron Hands Tactical Upgrade pack? I see that it's 23 pieces but the GW site doesn't actually tell me what pieces those are?

Also, how cross-compatible would they be with scouts (like, how out-of-place would the arms etc. look on them)?

It's heads, arms, legs and I think some weapons for regular marines. I don't think they'd be very compatible with scouts but I haven't tried it

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

You probably want to make plans for those Dragon Lord boxsets sooner rather than later, as they've started casting them again.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

I kept seeing that on facebook, and every fiber of my being wanted to make some sort of comment about cupping and fondling or something of the sort.

I resisted. I hope you all appreciate my sacrifice.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Felime posted:

I kept seeing that on facebook, and every fiber of my being wanted to make some sort of comment about cupping and fondling or something of the sort.

I resisted. I hope you all appreciate my sacrifice.

I'm more concerned about her giant hand and forearm

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Nebalebadingdong posted:

I'm more concerned about her giant hand and forearm

And strong chin structure

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oh drat, that's good. :skeltal:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
That's so money supermarket!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
That’s the most amazing thing iv ever seen

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
thats the wrost loving thing I've ever seen

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
stop greasing up the pool water you goddamn nerds

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Moola posted:

Oh, it's up there, but I"ve seen some things that I wish I could unsee.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Nebalebadingdong posted:

stop greasing up the pool water you goddamn nerds

Everyone has to find time for a bath somehow!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Moose-Alini posted:

That’s the most amazing thing iv ever seen

Moola posted:

Both of these are correct.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewufRwrayTI

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

From https://allpassportcover.com/products/imperium-of-man-passport-cover if anyone actually wants one...

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

They don't have one for Orks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

https://hiveminer.com/Tags/primaris/Timeline