Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did VG Close the Poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 1 100.00%
No 0 0%
Total: 1 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

here's my fantasy: ee and rtz lose in the most embarrassing possible fashion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Play all your garbage golds early on, they'll still prob get more points than non-golds and save your actual good players for the main event

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

botany posted:

do we know when the opening ceremony starts?

I assume it's at the start of the main event, so 20th

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Vando posted:

Play all your garbage golds early on, they'll still prob get more points than non-golds and save your actual good players for the main event

???

you can play the same card multiple days

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Also don't fall into the bonus points trap, a great player will still outscore a good one, though the bonuses might make it closer. I only use them to decide as a tiebreak.

Plus if you're playing a silver core with like obs wards planted deaths and stuns it may as well just be a common.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
time to have no idea what's going on but still be stunned about one simple man's ability to gently caress up every time.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

gently caress u slacks is the man i will defend him until either death or too many more scripted presentations

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

sugar free jazz posted:

gently caress u slacks is the man i will defend him until either death or too many more scripted presentations

:yeah:

Also I didn't buy a compendium so I have no clue what any of this betting poo poo means

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Vando posted:

solid advice, also I realized I hosed up and I put Solo in there, thank u pro dota thread, ready for another year in the 99th percentile of fantasy players

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Pinterest Mom posted:

Yeah, you get card packs at certain levels of the compendium (though you get 5 card packs at level one), and then you have to manually open them.

But but... I don't play this garbage game anymore :qq:

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
TI is almost upon us friends

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
anyone seen any times for any kind of ceremony or do they save that until after groups?

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

anyone seen any times for any kind of ceremony or do they save that until after groups?

there's no pageantry for group stage, you'll be lucky if they even have new furniture on the panel set

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

TI is almost upon us friends

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Pinterest Mom posted:

???

you can play the same card multiple days

wtf when did they change this

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Hasn't it always been like that

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
that's literally been how it has always worked

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I guess I have a brain injury because I have this crazy vivid memory of one year putting all my good cards in day 1 and being hosed when they turned out locked afterwards.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Vando posted:

I guess I have a brain injury because I have this crazy vivid memory of one year putting all my good cards in day 1 and being hosed when they turned out locked afterwards.

If you use a card you can't dust it after they get eliminated maybe that's what you're remembering.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Vando posted:

You're probably remembering not being able to dust them after using them.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
I think Slacks is a great match for Dota because this scene is the clowntown of esports, and those lowdown videos he did for ti really showcase how ridiculous this all is.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is the main feed lagging a lot for anyone? Other twitch streams seem fine

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Oh 11:30 is the start of the loving countdown to 12:00 thanks Gaben

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
I thought there was supposed to be a pre-show at 8:30 PST since the games start at 9

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I thought there was supposed to be a pre-show at 8:30 PST since the games start at 9

Its the same thing as literally the past 8 years where they run the group stages out of the hotel.

When they actually go to the arena there will be preshows and production values and poo poo.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

time to have no idea what's going on but still be stunned about one simple man's ability to gently caress up every time.

Show us the map Schnorkles

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 16 minutes

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Anyone know of any good YT streams? Everything currently is Filipino which, honestly, isnt all tgat bad.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

mikeraskol posted:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 16 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_66jPJVS4JE

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

derra posted:

Show us the map Schnorkles

please understand that i am on formal break while this, the second-greatest of all e-sports competitions, fills my days

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

No see, Jacky Mao is the most complex brained man in dota. The only person who ever beats ee is ee himself.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Schnorkles posted:

please understand that i am on formal break while this, the second-greatest of all e-sports competitions, fills my days

rude

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

I watched this entire video.

On an unrelated note, it's always interesting to think how many videos are out there on the internet that a decade later people just wish never happened.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I could swear they usually had an analyst desk hosting the group stages

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
i love the inaugural sound issues we get every TI group stage :allears:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Reality Loser posted:

Yeah, there was like a hub desk bouncing between the separate streams and I thought they started a little earlier than the games but apparently I am losing my mind

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Reality Loser posted:

tbf not having more nahaz in my life is not only acceptable but preferred

derra
Dec 29, 2012
I miss the old group stages where everyone played everyone else. TI4 groups were lit

The finals not so much

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Nahaz didnt get invited :guinness:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Reality Loser posted:

Nahaz didnt get invited :guinness:

he was there on the liquidpedia for the event so this is a welcome surprise if true