Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Yeah jeez IDIOT that car is full of rust! In MY classic car I have SAFETY GLASS and the A-pillar would only crush my skull half as hard and I wouldn't have as many lacerations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Adelaide driver fined for transporting wardrobe in boot, using clothes as rope

Also he didn't have a driver's license.

Memento fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Aug 13, 2018

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Weirdly I found this exact car earlier because one of my friends hates donks (secret racist i think) and I enjoy torturing him with donks. Just in case you want it in HD and with a bit of a better look at things (including the hood ornament);

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWaPHjfo2Kg

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

A for effort though

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The most glaring problem I see is they didn't put a red pair of undies on the back to help others see it.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

Applebees Appetizer posted:

You don't have PMs or I'd message you. Can you put me in touch with your friend?

Sure. Email me at nadella.satya@outlook.com.

note that we had two major hurricanes blow through just over a year ago - lots of vehicles were writeoffs and were replaced. The ex-rental business is soft right now because the inventory of aged-out cars is low.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

tuk-tuk weight reduction

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Is that guy not wearing pants?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Popete posted:

Ounces make pounds!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Pham Nuwen posted:

tuk-tuk weight reduction

SUPERLEGGERA

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

lol

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Ah, the Cat DP40, builder of false confidence.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

pretty sure that's a vacuum cleaner catch can full of gasoline.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

fakeaccount posted:

pretty sure that's a vacuum cleaner catch can full of gasoline.

Absolutely certain that's an 1,5L soda bottle full of fuel. PET is superleggera.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Popete posted:

There's this thing called shorts.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

:aaaaa:

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

That's my actual spamcatcher address.

lol indeed that no one at MSFT thought to embargo all combinations of the CEO's name as an email address :v:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

:lol: I'm so stealing this

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Finger Prince posted:

:lol: I'm so stealing this
How? It's clearly been well secured.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
A shop, but appreciated

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Sicknasty i8 bro

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Sicknasty i8 bro

Nobody show to Toyota's designers this.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Finger Prince posted:

Nobody show to Toyota's designers this.

2020 Prius eh

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Sicknasty i8 bro

they even did the diffusor intake in front of the rear wheels.

10 out of 10 for good thinking, but minus several million for style, yeah?

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

This seems especially prudent lately. I swear 3/4 of the time someone is driving hosed these days, they're always staring down at their phone. I feel like it's just as bad as drunk driving, almost.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's been demonstrated that it's equivalent to driving drunk.

Legit research has been done on it, but Mythbusters took a try at it too. They were limited in what they could test because it's illegal to operate a vehicle in California while over the limit, so they had to be real careful to stay under .08 and had police on hand to monitor. But even that showed that phone use while driving is as bad as driving drunk.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

They could have done it on a private lot in unregistered vehicles.
The cowards.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

xzzy posted:

It's been demonstrated that it's equivalent to driving drunk.

Legit research has been done on it, but Mythbusters took a try at it too. They were limited in what they could test because it's illegal to operate a vehicle in California while over the limit, so they had to be real careful to stay under .08 and had police on hand to monitor. But even that showed that phone use while driving is as bad as driving drunk.

Has there been a study done on accidents due to DUI versus texting combined with time of day?

For example, there are outliers but I have to imagine DUI accidents occur well you know, during after midnight type stuff just because.

Texting however, occurs as soon as someone backs out of a driveway because they are getting bitched at by their boss to handle a problem pronto.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The claim was that even on private property it's illegal to operate a vehicle in CA while drunk.

Guarantee the lawyers went over how to get away with it line by line, because they didn't want their crew to get sauced up and broadcast their crime spree on a national cable channel.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

xzzy posted:

The claim was that even on private property it's illegal to operate a vehicle in CA while drunk.

Guarantee the lawyers went over how to get away with it line by line, because they didn't want their crew to get sauced up and broadcast their crime spree on a national cable channel.

Yeah, a lot of the stuff they had to deal with was less "Nanny State California" and more "the production company's insurance company is telling them that they wouldn't cover any injuries or damages if they proceed with the test as planned". I think the only times they ever directly addressed California law was when testing .50 rifles and a few other random things

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

The Door Frame posted:

Yeah, a lot of the stuff they had to deal with was less "Nanny State California" and more "the production company's insurance company is telling them that they wouldn't cover any injuries or damages if they proceed with the test as planned". I think the only times they ever directly addressed California law was when testing .50 rifles and a few other random things

That's what is cool about Nevada. See the CA border a couple miles awhile and then fire whatever you want at it.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hello Pep boys? Give me every one of your stick-on decals

"What do you mean every one?"

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Aug 15, 2018

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I can't hate that sort of thing. There's a couple of those types of setups rolling around in my part of the world and it's always hilarious to see the sparkle assault when the sun hits it. It is ugly as gently caress but you know they had fun with it and probably don't take it too seriously.

My main issue is covering up the rear window.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Earl Scheib paint job : $399, plus tax

Autozone sticker bomb : $probably the same amount but you DGAF if it gets scratched afterward

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

buttcrackmenace posted:

Earl Scheib paint job : $399, plus tax

Autozone sticker bomb : $probably the same amount but you DGAF if it gets scratched afterward

Unless you're getting those stick-ons off Alibaba by the case, you're probably looking at $3,999 to cover the entire truck. That's the brain-worms of it...those stick-ons aren't exactly cheap. There's $200 on that side alone, and I'm just counting the skulls.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My explanation is it came from a fast and the furious style truck heist, but they had bad intel, and it was a truck full of stick on chrome that was headed to an autozone distribution center.

Thieves couldn't fence the stuff so this guy just plastered his truck with his share of the haul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

NoWake posted:

Unless you're getting those stick-ons off Alibaba by the case, you're probably looking at $3,999 to cover the entire truck. That's the brain-worms of it...those stick-ons aren't exactly cheap. There's $200 on that side alone, and I'm just counting the skulls.

Next time he needs to not be cheap and get some adhesive that will actually stick to the wheel arches. I see the imprints of $50 worth of bling, missing.