Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

I thought the whole point of the Sid storyline was that he was a crazy dangerous person who believed he could beat Goldberg because he was a crazy dangerous person. And anyone that disputed his streak incurred the wrath of a crazy dangerous person. The problem with the booking was that they already had Scott Steiner as the resident crazy dangerous person and it really wasn't needed since Sid stands out enough on his own.

Scott Steiner really hadn't become the legit crazy person, that really starts up when he comes back from injury in December

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Broken brained WWE stans love to take things out of context to fuel their Anti-Dave agendas.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

davidbix posted:

JFC he could have just said "since her surgery" or "since she was called up" without saying what he did if that was his intention.

Y'know Y'know that's the current mentality.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1029813302858199040

Still a bit cringy IMO but I think he's doing his best and isn't malicious here or anything. Just old.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1029815235497156609

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1029818166736650241

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Was it not obvious he was talking about her breast surgery? Am I just too used to Dave that I can translate Meltzer-speak?

The dude just can’t help critiquing wrestler physiques. Maybe now he’ll avoid doing it with the women.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

There's a valuable point that 'we can all learn from'

If only

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

its no secret that the main roster costume and makeup people are worse than the ones in nxt.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't excuse Dave Meltzer all the time. Some times it's not right

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Rovert talking poo poo about Dave being creepy with women is the funniest thing

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Was that the rant he began with "Boy, am I going to get in trouble for this one..."?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
What I had to see on Dave's twitter really disappointed me, that kinda stuff is not okay.

EDIT: forgot the offending tweet:

Incessant Excess fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Aug 15, 2018

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Cavauro posted:

don't excuse Dave Meltzer all the time. Some times it's not right

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Cavauro the often incomprehensible voice of wisdom

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jenkem Delivery posted:

How so? Actual examples?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I’d love a historical dive of boob job vs work rate with Dave Meltzer. Gimme 45 minutes of titty talk, Big Dave.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

rovert posted:

How so? Actual examples?

Bro I remember some post about you critiquing a female NXT prospect gaining weight, Sarah Logan maybe?

Edit- I vaguely recall multiple posts and tweets that evoke eye rolls but the one comment really stuck out in my mind

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 15, 2018

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Suddenly the leader of the lynch mob turns to see the torches and pitchforks pointed at him instead

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Bro I remember some post about you critiquing a female NXT prospect gaining weight, Sarah Logan maybe?

Edit- I vaguely recall multiple posts and tweets that evoke eye rolls but the one comment really stuck out in my mind

Logan has always been the same weight. She's a rangy, natural looking woman. More of that.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Rovert has been outright defending Dave about this while making fun of Dave for being clueless about how he phrases things. Rov was the first person to try to correct the dork on Twitter that posted the clip last week asking if he should be offended.

Apologize to Rovert.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I just wanted to make a bad leader of the lynch mob joke and I won't apologize for that

Not now, not ever!!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Big Bidness posted:

Rovert has been outright defending Dave about this while making fun of Dave for being clueless about how he phrases things. Rov was the first person to try to correct the dork on Twitter that posted the clip last week asking if he should be offended.

Apologize to Rovert.

:agreed:

something something come at the king something something best not miss

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Bidness posted:

Apologize to Rovert.

:agreed:

Go check the replies to the initial tweet, MRT and Big Rov are right there pointing out how silly it is.

Push Dave, MRT and Rovert for King of Trios 2019.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Problem is if you negatively comment on someone’s appearance, you’re going to get poo poo for it. Doesn’t matter where the person falls on the gender spectrum.

There are a lot of diehard supporters of wrestlers that will come out of the woodwork if you do poo poo like this.

So don’t do it.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dave is against the women revolution.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

Problem is if you negatively comment on someone’s appearance, you’re going to get poo poo for it. Doesn’t matter where the person falls on the gender spectrum.

There are a lot of diehard supporters of wrestlers that will come out of the woodwork if you do poo poo like this.

So don’t do it.

People will never stop saying stupid poo poo on social media that will get them in trouble it's kind of amazing

It's like seeing this huge shitstorm that will immediately kill you right outside your door and even though you'll be perfectly safe if you avoid it altogether you decide it's a great time for a stroll directly into the center

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Yeah it's best to just stay away from it. I do some volunteer coaching and I've seen body image issues firsthand among all types of athletes from casual to D-1 scholarship level. Really makes you think.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

So to recap
-Dave says something really dumb (although not close to the dumbest thing he's said about women)
-Dave gets called out for it
-Dave owns it and apologizes (in an admittedly rather odd way) and says he'll try to be better

am I missing anything

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/trentylocks/status/1029829376744062976

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Once again, Greg is the voice of reason.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

If you want the full breakdown of the Sid Millennium Man gimmick you can listen to my podcast, but here's why the "IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE STUPID, STUPID" defense doesn't work.

Yes Sid is a heel. Yes the streak is a farce...

That's the problem. If you are going to have a guy squash half your roster as a joke, that's stupid.

If your announcers are sometimes treating it as legit, sometimes not, that's stupid.

If you start this whole angle right after losses and pack losses in the middle of it, all to build up to Goldberg, that's stupid too.
I don't contend that it was a good idea. I contend that it's amazing that people still think WCW was treating run-ins with powerbombs as actual matches and as an actual winning streak.

He was an arrogant windbag powerbombing undercard guys and calling it a winning streak to mock Goldberg and build that match. That's not the worst idea and there's a good way of pulling it off, and they didn't, but the idea that within the fiction of Nitro, the streak was legitimate is loving gobsmackingly laughable. It was clearly, obviously not.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

i always thought sid was the millennium man as a take that to jericho

https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/1029837128186949632

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lol wasn’t Bryan just complaining yesterday that WWE never lets the talent talk to them

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I love dave meltzer in much the same way I love my cat which occasionally shits on the floor

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jenkem Delivery posted:

You are thinking of Kimber Lee

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
I basically learned about Trev from him getting in my mentions unbidden during his “extremely horny for Dana Brooke” phase*, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

*hey, same

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol wasn’t Bryan just complaining yesterday that WWE never lets the talent talk to them

then explain this

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1029849084109221895

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That's incredible.

King Bahamut posted:

“extremely horny for Dana Brooke”

I mean, who among us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm laughing because I can't tell if she means Rosenberg, Sam Roberts, or the guy on NXT pre-shows that LOVES to take showers with other men