Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

the car, the car, the car is on fire

you can't use no water cause it's burning lithium

burn, tesla driver, burn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

galaxy brain: dealing with lawyer avalanche while micro/not-so-microdosed

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it
Can I reiterate that this is the best thread in SA?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Krispy Kreme Donuts did a similar thing with accounting practices in 2004. From the wikipedia:

quote:

Krispy Kreme has been accused of channel stuffing by franchisees, whose stores reportedly "received twice their regular shipments in the final weeks of a quarter so that headquarters could make its numbers".[9] The company was also dogged by questionable transactions and self-dealing accusations over the buybacks of franchisees, including those operated by company insiders.[11] A report released in August 2005 singled out then-CEO Scott Livengood and then-COO John W. Tate to blame for the accounting scandals although it did not find that the executives committed intentional fraud.[12]

On March 4, 2009, the SEC issued a cease and desist order against Krispy Kreme for its actions inflating their revenues and engaging in illicit activities regarding the purchasing of its own stores to prop up revenues and setting up mechanisms to guarantee it beat earnings estimates by $0.01 which eventually resulted in Krispy Kreme reducing net income over 2 years of over $10.5 million.

Buckle up. Krispy Kreme lost 75% of its value in 1 year after this news came out.

Short em' if you got em

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i'm the dremel

https://twitter.com/trippedover/status/1029851313817804800

e: lmao

https://twitter.com/trippedover/status/1029854588948697090

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
When I find myself locked in the back seat
Father Elon comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom:
":rip:"

For though it can't be started
There is still a thought that comes to me:
"At least my son will inherit
A Model 3"

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Elon, are you okay?
Will you tell us that you're okay?
There's a sound of notification
Then he struck you — a crescendo, Elon
He was a heavy hitter
Blew the whistle on his twitter
And then you ran into the boardroom
You were struck down
It was your doom

Elon, are you okay?
So, Elon, are you okay? Are you okay, Elon?
Elon, are you okay?
Elon, are you okay?

You've been hit by—
You've been struck by—
A Smooth Trippinal

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao so the batteries that already catch fire when damaged are literally packed with kindling

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I'm sorry what they put bamboo sticks in the batteries? lmbo that's some refreshing Tesla weirdness

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it
Was that for like shimming? Or just because they wanted to murder people with battery fire?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Lote posted:

Krispy Kreme Donuts did a similar thing with accounting practices in 2004. From the wikipedia:

Buckle up. Krispy Kreme lost 75% of its value in 1 year after this news came out.

Short em' if you got em

well... i have no doubt there's all sorts of bullshit with tesla's accounting, but they can't channel stuff because they ARE the channel

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Waffle House posted:

What's the rejection rate in the silicon wafer industry again? :v:

unplanned scrap of 25-50 wafers in one go in a shift was a big deal but a fairly frequent thing. any single complete reject of a wafer (0% yield) at the end of the line merited investigation.

in a factory churning out 80k per month.

although when poo poo goes really wrong with early (usually ion implant) steps you can scrap 10k plus in a go. but that's like a once every several years between 10 fabs event.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/trippedover/status/1029862157842894848

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
heres the chain explaining that pic because i didnt get it:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao so the batteries that already catch fire when damaged are literally packed with kindling

yeah that is not material you pack with batteries

goddamn it keeps getting better

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yes and to be explicit many of these batteries allegedly come artisanally pre-damaged as well

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Agronox posted:

well... i have no doubt there's all sorts of bullshit with tesla's accounting, but they can't channel stuff because they ARE the channel

They are reporting number of produced cars then warehousing some of them. Also scrapping a bunch of parts and then pointing to increased number of orders to suppliers as evidence that they’re on track for quotas.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Lote posted:

They are reporting number of produced cars then warehousing some of them. Also scrapping a bunch of parts and then pointing to increased number of orders to suppliers as evidence that they’re on track for quotas.

My guess is that this is what the SEC was investigating pre-$420 tweet.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

etalian posted:

Roasting alive in my car to trigger the very dishonest short sellers

I can't keep up with the thread!! Too much tonight! :shittypop:

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Musk Musk

Elon Musk

He's going to prison lol

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Lote posted:

tesla roulette: you get a free tesla car, but it's a random one from the tesla secret storage warehouse. Do u take it. also you have to pay taxes

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Musk Musk

Elon Musk

He's going to prison lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Lote posted:

neither of which, if true, is channel stuffing! sorry to be pedantic but the term has a pretty specific meaning

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

nice

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

one more article that i don't think was posted here, from the NYT, "A Question for Tesla’s Board: What Was Elon Musk’s Mental State?"

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/15/business/elon-musk-tesla-board.html

in which we ask, what if tech visionary, but broke brained lunatic?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Agronox posted:

neither of which, if true, is channel stuffing! sorry to be pedantic but the term has a pretty specific meaning

But it’s similar in its dishonesty. If you want to make a semantic argument, I did only say it was similar. Tesla is trying to imply they’re making more than they’re actually making and pumping earnings in Q2.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

VROOM VROOM posted:

tesla roulette: you get a free tesla car, but it's a random one from the tesla secret storage warehouse. Do u take it. also you have to pay taxes

I take it and send it down I-80 on autopilot by itself and see how long until it explodes or kills someone.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Tripp laying down the motha loving law

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Elon is going to lose his mind over this lol

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Spatial posted:

it's great timing, too, because if he loses his poo poo on twitter again he'll look... even more unhinged than usual... given that his errant tweets just started subpoenas flying around

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Agronox posted:

it's great timing, too, because if he loses his poo poo on twitter again he'll look... even more unhinged than usual... given that his errant tweets just started subpoenas flying around

This is like the OJ Bronco chase but better.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Spatial posted:

Its seriously the most insane case of Internet Poisoning I've seen in ages

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

I can't wait for that cocksucker to go back to being a cashier

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

looks like the tweet with the emails saying not to track scrap was taken down.

probably mob-reported by tesla fanboys due to the visible email addresses

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Kommienzuspadt posted:

I can't wait for that cocksucker to go back to being a cashier

who, elong? his family's been richer than astronauts for generations

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Shifty Pony posted:

looks like the tweet with the emails saying not to track scrap was taken down.

probably mob-reported by tesla fanboys due to the visible email addresses

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

wonder how much stock this dude owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Agronox posted:

one more article that i don't think was posted here, from the NYT, "A Question for Tesla’s Board: What Was Elon Musk’s Mental State?"

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/15/business/elon-musk-tesla-board.html

in which we ask, what if tech visionary, but broke brained lunatic?

Howard Hughes without the actual talent is actually a pretty apt description of ol' Musky.