Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Edison is hosting a 1920s themed party on September 2nd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Why do I feel like I'm showing up just after a bunch of events in September. Missing this in a DVC member night as well.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

couldcareless posted:

Why do I feel like I'm showing up just after a bunch of events in September. Missing this in a DVC member night as well.

I’m there September 7th-11th and feel like I’m missing all the fun food and wine events starting up. Ah well.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The 2019 Attraction Poster calendar has been spotted in the wild, and of course that, along with the Haunted Mansion doombuggy I posted earlier are nowhere to be found in the Shop app or online. If someone wanted to cop those and ship them out, I'll throw in an extra $15 or so.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
If you don't get any bites within the next 3 weeks I'll grab one for you.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Wait, just how many of us are going to be there the first week of September?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Boxman posted:

Wait, just how many of us are going to be there the first week of September?

I'm filming in a cabin at Fort Wilderness on Saturday the 1st, then coming back for the Gatsby party at the Edison the next day. I might be popping in and out for the parks and other stuff that weekend.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Technically arrive on the 8th, Halloween party on the 9th, cruise on the 10th.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Silly Burrito and I arrive on Sept 6, doing VIPassholder night at Epcot that night, Halloween party on the 9th and go home on the 10th.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Look for the guy with the facial hair dress as lilo and girl dressed as the doll.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Scrump?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I was going to have us dress up as Wreck It Ralph and Vanellope, but I couldn't find stuff I wanted for a price I wanted to pay. Plus it'll be hot as balls and Vanellope wears a long sleeved hoodie and leggings. NEAU.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Gatsby party is going to be a big DRC party too lol. All my old coworkers are going. Must be unlimited drinks.

Jealous of you septemberians

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Empress Brosephine posted:

The Gatsby party is going to be a big DRC party too lol. All my old coworkers are going. Must be unlimited drinks.

Jealous of you septemberians

Not unlimited drinks, but they said Moet representatives will be handing out samples and they're still offering their full food and drink menu. It's basically getting the Edison to yourselves with extra entertainment.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Ok, I don't get as Disney crazy as my wife, but I just read that Elvis Stitch is going to be a character at the Halloween Party and I'm gonna lose my poo poo. Stitch is my fav, and Elvis Stitch is even better.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I'll be there Sept. 6-10. Have a goon time, everyone.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Braksgirl posted:

Silly Burrito and I arrive on Sept 6, doing VIPassholder night at Epcot that night, Halloween party on the 9th and go home on the 10th.

Sup VIPassholder night on the 6th! Wife and I will be there. Then the following week we have our Toy Story Passholder day

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den
I just booked for a quick September weekend trip. Welp

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I usually go in the fall but I had to go and buy a house like an idiot so I'm not going until probably spring 2019 but now I extra wish I was for this goon meet :(

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Tim Whatley posted:

I usually go in the fall but I had to go and buy a house like an idiot so I'm not going until probably spring 2019 but now I extra wish I was for this goon meet :(

I am sorry for your loss (of money)

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Just got out of Hoop De Doo and I owe you all a Coke. Totally worth it.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

September 5-september 19

septembeverybody apparently.

Quixotic1 posted:

Just got out of Hoop De Doo and I owe you all a Coke. Totally worth it.

:3: It is excellent that you loved it. It's fantastic.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

September 5-september 19

septembeverybody apparently.

:3: It is excellent that you loved it. It's fantastic.

Oh yea, I'm definitely recommending it to the rest of my family and friends whenever they visit. Had one person in my party who was skeptical, and just them dancing around our table got them in the mood. Also, free booze!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Quixotic1 posted:

free booze!

Please, tell me more.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
All you can drink basic beer/wine/sangria included in your price, along with tax and gratuity. Sangria is a little watered down, but soak it up with that sweet sweet cornbread and pig out on them ribs.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Or just drink yuengling because it's a great cheap beer.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
Or get the red and the white, have them bring you pitchers and mix the two.

drat. I need to go back to hoop now.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
So they have white sangria? I can't do red.

I'm totally doing this Christmas 2019.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Yup they have both or at least they did back in February. Friends were there last month and did category 1 seating for their kid’s bday and just loved it, she got featured in the show I believe.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
During Christmas they do a Christmas song during the eating dinner downtime. It's not flashy or anything, but it's a nice touch. And of course there's decorations everywhere.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

8th Voyage of Sindbad at IOA will be closing on September 15. I’m wondering if the stunt auditions earlier were for a replacement show.

Don’t worry, the talking fountain will remain!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I haven't seen that show in years. It was cool when it started but wow it's almost 20 years old now.

My guess is a Potter expansion.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zero One posted:

I haven't seen that show in years. It was cool when it started but wow it's almost 20 years old now.

I believe Universal filed a patent for some kind of moving stage for Potter.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Zero One posted:

It would be kinda weird for them to put something Potter so far away from hogsmeade though, unless it went into the land through some tunnel or something.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Hello thread how is your Saturday going ours is weird

https://youtu.be/5zP5xPCom4Y

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Just booked our week for F&W Festival and landed a room at Fort Wilderness Lodge. First time we are staying there as a family, been there once or twice for work. Pretty psyched!

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Boxman posted:

Hello thread how is your Saturday going ours is weird

https://youtu.be/5zP5xPCom4Y

Um...what is the context of this??

brunch with yr parents
Jan 6, 2013

SWEATBOX SYMPHONY
Hello, Disney thread. I’m looking to go to WDW with my wife and nine year old daughter from October 24-28. We’ve gone a couple of times in January and stayed at either bay lake tower or the garden side of contemporary and had a blast.

I had a couple of questions that I was hoping you all could help me out with. First, what can I expect with crowd levels? We know that it will be more crowded than when we’ve been in January, but are hoping that at least the Thursday and Friday we will be there won’t be too bad. Second, contemporary and BLT aren’t available for our dates, so we are trying to decide between the following rooms at animal kingdom and wilderness lodge:

1)wilderness lodge standard rm with courtyard view
2)animal kingdom lodge standard room with savanna view
3)animal kingdom villas Jambo village deluxe studio savanna view
4)animal kingdom lodge standard view

The first three are about the same price, including 3 day park-hopper ticket, while the AKL parking lot view room is about $700 cheaper. It appears that the main pool at AKL will be closed while we are there.

So, any thoughts on which we should choose? We are fine with ubering from resort to park, or park to park, so transportation limitations at both aren’t really a big issue.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
If you like being close to MK, Wilderness is a great choice and is probably the most underrated deluxe at WDW.

If that doesn’t matter to you, Savannah views at AK are amazing, but you are furthest from most parks, excluding AK.

I’m not sure exactly on crowd levels, but I’d imagine Thursday and Friday will be fairly low crowds in October. Kids are at school and there’s not a special event specific to just those days, since Not So Scary Halloween runs all of October.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Friend of mine is obsessed with courtyard view rooms at Wilderness Lodge - says that's just perfect and the price/location can't be beat.
I've stayed savanna view a couple times at AKL- really pretty, but make sure to request a room closer to the lobby - it can be a hike if you're out on the outer rim of the savanna rooms.

If you're more focused on doing MK exclusive stuff - stay at WL.
If you want to be more nature based/feel like you're alone in the wild with the animals, stay AKL.

Crowds will probably be pretty moderate - October is warm but not overbearing.
Pool wise - take the shuttle to Kidani Village (the DVC area of AKL) and use Uzima pool (I think that's the name), that's where Sanaa is also located.

Watch out for burning cars with dead people, apparently we're getting them at WDW now...
https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/news/2018/08/18/body-found-in-burning-vehicle-near-disney-world-mini-golf-course